Author Topic: Topic for going off topic  (Read 212439 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: Topic for going off topic
« Reply #1850 on: July 15, 2024, 05:22:32 PM »
Am I right in thinking I am only female of the species posting on R&E these days? Some members don't reveal their gender or age, I wonder why?
Gabriella posts as The Accountant, and Christine has posted recently on the trans thread.

Roses

« Reply #1851 on: July 15, 2024, 05:25:01 PM »
Thanks NS.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1852 on: July 15, 2024, 06:12:17 PM »
Am I right in thinking I am only female of the species posting on R&E these days? Some members don't reveal their gender or age, I wonder why?
No, there are a few others. As for not revealing one's age or gender, why should one?
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #1853 on: July 15, 2024, 06:35:54 PM »
No, there are a few others. As for not revealing one's age or gender, why should one?

Why not?

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1854 on: July 15, 2024, 06:53:59 PM »
We have other intermittent female posters - Christine and The Accountant OBE,KC (used to be Gabriella)
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1855 on: July 15, 2024, 07:56:58 PM »
Why not?
If people want to, they can. If not, they don't have to.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #1856 on: July 16, 2024, 12:10:49 PM »
If people want to, they can. If not, they don't have to.

Of course people don't have to reveal their age or gender. I am just questioning why some have no wish to do so?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1857 on: July 16, 2024, 12:12:18 PM »
Of course people don't have to reveal their age or gender. I am just questioning why some have no wish to do so?
But why would they wish to do so. Not revealing stuff is the default. Revealing stuff needs a reason.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1858 on: July 27, 2024, 08:51:27 PM »
During our evening meal, Alexa was playing smooth radio (don't judge) in the background, when on came "Careless Whisper" by George Michael.

Out of curiosity, the partner asked Alexa when this was first released. The speaking box came back with 23rd July 1984. Forty years almost to the day. How the fuck did that happen? 40 years? This is some kind of cosmic joke.

I am not happy.

(It is still a magnificent song though)
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1859 on: July 27, 2024, 09:11:38 PM »
During our evening meal, Alexa was playing smooth radio (don't judge) in the background, when on came "Careless Whisper" by George Michael.

Out of curiosity, the partner asked Alexa when this was first released. The speaking box came back with 23rd July 1984. Forty years almost to the day. How the fuck did that happen? 40 years? This is some kind of cosmic joke.

I am not happy.

(It is still a magnificent song though)

What a songwriter

https://youtu.be/quqlt_RNMEw?si=-UtnpbLRjTRBG2A9

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1860 on: August 03, 2024, 11:11:53 AM »

Roses

« Reply #1861 on: August 03, 2024, 11:39:33 AM »
Our youngest daughter, husband and their younger son (18) and daughter (16) are flying off to Orlando in Florida this morning, the flight was due to leave at 11am, but it hasn't left yet, hopefully it won't take too much longer. I hope they have a really good holiday.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1862 on: August 10, 2024, 01:13:17 PM »

Roses

« Reply #1863 on: August 12, 2024, 04:40:55 PM »
I have just had a message purporting to come from EVRI the parcel delivery firm saying the parcel they were about to deliver had been damaged and could I give them my home address! I haven't ordered anything so no doubt it is a scam! >:(

Roses

« Reply #1864 on: August 14, 2024, 04:46:31 PM »
Our youngest daughter and family have just flown back from Florida, she wasn't feeling too good on the plane and thought she was starting with a cold, but unfortunately when she did the test it came back positive for Covid, poor girl.

Roses

« Reply #1865 on: August 19, 2024, 05:00:14 PM »
It is going to be an expensive week one way and another! As well as having to buy a new laptop as my Windows 10 laptop was on its way out, I was unable to get my Honda Jazz to start before 7am when I was about to go to Tesco to buy my groceries,  the battery seemed to have packed up. I phoned my car insurance company and they sent out someone from the RAC to check it out. The battery did need changing and they aren't easy to get as the Honda Jazz is no longer being produced. To cut a long story short someone will come out on Thursday from the RAC Mobile Mechanics to fix for me. As the car parts are going to get harder and harder to obtain I am going to consider buying a new car! As well as all that I have had get Tesco to deliver my groceries, which they can't do before tomorrow, I am not thrilled about as I like do it in person, to check the date stamping etc. HEY HO! :o

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1866 on: August 22, 2024, 10:37:25 AM »
The Daily Star on the real news

Roses

« Reply #1867 on: August 29, 2024, 09:04:21 AM »
Our water is off at the moment, which is a nuisance to say the least! It is burst pipe apparently in the next village, the waterboard hopes to get it fixed by 11am, fingers crossed.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1868 on: August 29, 2024, 03:55:15 PM »
Fantastic conspiracy

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1869 on: August 29, 2024, 03:55:54 PM »
Our water is off at the moment, which is a nuisance to say the least! It is burst pipe apparently in the next village, the waterboard hopes to get it fixed by 11am, fingers crossed.
is it back?

Roses

« Reply #1870 on: August 29, 2024, 06:58:04 PM »
is it back?

Yes thank goodness, it came back after lunch, but it took a while for it to get back to normal again. I gather some people are still waiting for it to be sorted out. :o

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1871 on: August 30, 2024, 10:21:16 PM »
Tomorrow is the anniversary of this correction

Roses

« Reply #1872 on: September 03, 2024, 12:30:24 PM »
When I went to Tesco yesterday to get my weekly groceries, which I pay for with my debit card, I also drew out £100 in £20 notes from their cash machine as I like to have a bit of cash, in case it is needed during the week. It was only when I got home I noticed on one of the notes someone has scrawled upside down in ink on frontside of it the numbers 1350, how weird??? I have put the note aside and will take it with me when I go the supermarket next week and show it to the manager to see if he has an explanation.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1873 on: September 03, 2024, 12:43:21 PM »
When I went to Tesco yesterday to get my weekly groceries, which I pay for with my debit card, I also drew out £100 in £20 notes from their cash machine as I like to have a bit of cash, in case it is needed during the week. It was only when I got home I noticed on one of the notes someone has scrawled upside down in ink on frontside of it the numbers 1350, how weird??? I have put the note aside and will take it with me when I go the supermarket next week and show it to the manager to see if he has an explanation.
It's not really anything to do with him. The cash packets will have been supplied centrally, and it will just be part of those.

Roses

« Reply #1874 on: September 03, 2024, 02:20:43 PM »
It's not really anything to do with him. The cash packets will have been supplied centrally, and it will just be part of those.

You are probably right. I just want to know if the note is still usable.