Author Topic: Topic for going off topic  (Read 212421 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: Topic for going off topic
« Reply #1875 on: September 03, 2024, 03:00:38 PM »
You are probably right. I just want to know if the note is still usable.
Yes, it's still usable.

Roses

« Reply #1876 on: September 03, 2024, 03:39:11 PM »
It is the first time I have seen anything scribbled on a bank note. Anyway I had a word with my youngest sister who was a bank manager at one time and she says it is useable.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1877 on: September 03, 2024, 04:16:05 PM »
It had probably been the top not of a bundle, and the number was the value of the bundle.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #1878 on: September 05, 2024, 12:27:25 PM »
I had my 6th monthly dental check up this morning, all is well with my fangs and I don't have to go for another 6 months. ;D

As the dental practice is on the main road and steps have to be climbed up to it my husband finds it hard to access. Apparently dental home visits can be arranged for the disabled.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 02:01:23 PM by Roses »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1879 on: September 05, 2024, 01:10:53 PM »
I had my 6th monthly dental check up this morning, all is well with my fangs and I don't have to go for another 6 months. ;D

As the dental practice in on the main road and steps have to be climbed up to it my husband finds it hard to access. Apparently dental home visits can be arranged for the disabled.
No disabled access? Shame on them!
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1880 on: September 06, 2024, 07:04:57 PM »
Passed the 'prettiest bookshop in the world' today. Have visited before but that was off season. Passing it at busy season around 12, it's quite incredible how big the queues are.

https://www.livrarialello.pt/

Roses

« Reply #1881 on: September 08, 2024, 09:20:50 AM »
Our water is off again due to another burst pipe. I hope it is fixed very soon, more people are affected this time than before!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Roses

« Reply #1883 on: September 16, 2024, 04:58:57 PM »
How many kids know the difference between a weed and a smart phone? Our next door neighbour hired a teenager to mow their lawn and do a bit of weeding. He spent more time on his phone than doing the job they were paying him to do! ::)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1884 on: September 18, 2024, 02:40:48 PM »
Wrong type of squirrels on the train

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cly32plprg5o

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1885 on: September 18, 2024, 06:48:48 PM »
This might belong somewhere else but I can't find a suitable thread. Anyway more of the endless musings of Musk - or as others have specualted AI:

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1886 on: September 24, 2024, 09:28:59 AM »
Who doesn't love a giant baby penguin?

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cp3w4nld5e3o

Roses

« Reply #1887 on: September 29, 2024, 12:16:20 PM »
I decided to go to the supermarket this morning instead of early on Monday morning as I usually do, we are supposed to have very heavy rain and high winds tomorrow! I was driving along at 30 mph, which is the  speed limit for that particular road, when suddenly it became like Brands Hatch! :o  10 or more cars came racing along at speeds of about 80 to 100 mph towards the dual carriageway it was really scary! Those idiots could have caused a terrible accident! >:(

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1888 on: September 29, 2024, 12:31:08 PM »
I decided to go to the supermarket this morning instead of early on Monday morning as I usually do, we are supposed to have very heavy rain and high winds tomorrow! I was driving along at 30 mph, which is the  speed limit for that particular road, when suddenly it became like Brands Hatch! :o  10 or more cars came racing along at speeds of about 80 to 100 mph towards the dual carriageway it was really scary! Those idiots could have caused a terrible accident! >:(
Report it to police.

Roses

« Reply #1889 on: October 13, 2024, 03:42:03 PM »
A few minutes ago I saw a pigeon on our bird feeder with most of the feathers having been pecked off the back of its head poor thing! :o

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1890 on: October 15, 2024, 02:56:35 PM »
I'm back - for now.  My laptop won't let me get past the index page at the moment, though it's ok with all other sites. I'm now on a public computer in the library, which is likely to be my only way of accessing R&E for the time being, so my visits may be infrequent. Stop cheering.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1891 on: October 15, 2024, 02:58:58 PM »
I'm back - for now.  My laptop won't let me get past the index page at the moment, though it's ok with all other sites. I'm now on a public computer in the library, which is likely to be my only way of accessing R&E for the time being, so my visits may be infrequent. Stop cheering.
Good to hear from you. We sent a couple of PMs when you didn't post in Wordle etc. What, if any, error message are you getting in your own computer?

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1892 on: October 15, 2024, 03:03:36 PM »
Good to hear from you. We sent a couple of PMs when you didn't post in Wordle etc. What, if any, error message are you getting in your own computer?
One saying that the site took too long to reply.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1893 on: October 15, 2024, 03:15:15 PM »
One saying that the site took too long to reply.
If you get a chance try a proxy server site such as

https://www.proxysite.com/

If that doesn't work send an email to

admin@religionethics.co.uk