Author Topic: What Is God Made From?  (Read 154915 times)

Jack Knave

Re: What Is God Made From?
« Reply #875 on: July 14, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »
You would assume wrong.
My assumption was logical, they were at fault in the way they had presented it.

Your assumption was a barrel of pish. There is a disambiguation on Wiki and one of them refers to Tacitus the historian, which was what was covered here, further the Tacitus on Jesus link takes you to that one.
I wasn't referring to the Wiki pages per se I was referring to the list of links you get when you click on search. There are 4 sub-links under the main link for the Wiki Tacitus link.
none of which would take you to Tacitus the Emperor from  Tacitus on Christ. if you put Jones on Pish Assumptions into a search engine would you assume all of the Jones' that appeared were the same?
The main link was for Tacitus as a general page on him. One of the sub-links was called Tacitus on Christ and another sub-link was for the other Tacitus. For someone not knowing that there were two Tacitus' one would assume everything referred to one bloke.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #876 on: July 14, 2015, 08:26:46 PM »
You would assume wrong.

Your assumption was a barrel of pish. There is a disambiguation on Wiki and one of them refers to Tacitus the historian, which was what was covered here, further the Tacitus on Jesus link takes you to that one.
I wasn't referring to the Wiki pages per se I was referring to the list of links you get when you click on search. There are 4 sub-links under the main link for the Wiki Tacitus link.
none of which would take you to Tacitus the Emperor from  Tacitus on Christ. if you put Jones on Pish Assumptions into a search engine would you assume all of the Jones' that appeared were the same?
The main link was for Tacitus as a general page on him. One of the sub-links was called Tacitus on Christ and another sub-link was for the other Tacitus. For someone not knowing that there were two Tacitus' one would assume everything referred to one bloke.
and when you got to the link when you were looking,  as was made clear on the thread, for Tacitus the historian, and about Tacitus on Christ and you read about a non historian emperor where there was no reference to JC, didn't a tiny inkling of your brain go 'hmmm, Shirley something wrong?' (Don't call me, Shirley)

Jack Knave

« Reply #877 on: July 17, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »
You would assume wrong.

and when you got to the link when you were looking,  as was made clear on the thread, for Tacitus the historian, and about Tacitus on Christ and you read about a non historian emperor where there was no reference to JC, didn't a tiny inkling of your brain go 'hmmm, Shirley something wrong?' (Don't call me, Shirley)
You really are scraping the barrel to score some points on me, NS!

I didn't read it I was just looking for birth and death dates.