Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3736261 times)

NicholasMarks

Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #42075 on: October 19, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
It can actually. You like mention Einstein so much, how do you not know this?

Another baseless and incoherent assertion.   ::)

I didn't say light doesn't bend...I said it doesn't go round and round in circles...You see, the kicking force that emits photons isn't quite what you think it is. It is a peculiarity of the higgs field reacting to a force that science is totally oblivious of...but they will get there...cus I can help.

With regard to Jesus being the light of the world, I can attest to this because through his teaching millions, including me, have felt the wonderful power of his science in our own lives and it has formed and shaped this world in many different ways...but it is the final forming and shaping which should concern us all today.

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #42076 on: October 19, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
I didn't say light doesn't bend...I said it doesn't go round and round in circles...

Except it does: Photon sphere.

You see, the kicking force that emits photons isn't quite what you think it is. It is a peculiarity of the higgs field reacting to a force...

Scientifically illiterate drivel.

...but they will get there...cus I can help.

Go on, then, publish and claim you're Nobel. Unfortunately for you, respected journals don't tend to accept mindless, scientifically illiterate assertions.

With regard to Jesus being the light of the world, I can attest to this because through his teaching millions, including me, have felt the wonderful power of his science in our own lives and it has formed and shaped this world in many different ways...but it is the final forming and shaping which should concern us all today.

More baseless assertion.   ::)
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42077 on: October 19, 2020, 12:55:13 PM »
Except it does: Photon sphere.

Scientifically illiterate drivel.

Go on, then, publish and claim you're Nobel. Unfortunately for you, respected journals don't tend to accept mindless, scientifically illiterate assertions.

More baseless assertion.   ::)

You are quoting theoretical black-hole physics here yet no one really understands black-holes...nor do they understand photons, a property that can change its state in an instant from solid, to wave, to gaseous, depending upon the influences upon it...but one thing we can surely agree on is that it is an expression of a wonderful...dare I say it...'Dynamic Energy.'

Stranger

« Reply #42078 on: October 19, 2020, 01:10:15 PM »
You are quoting theoretical black-hole physics here yet no one really understands black-holes...

Speak for yourself. Black holes are described very well by general relativity (at least until you get to the 'centre') and there is now good evidence that they exist in nature. Regardless, as the article says, the photon sphere doesn't necessarily need a black hole.

...nor do they understand photons, a property that can change its state in an instant from solid, to wave, to gaseous, depending upon the influences upon it...

Utter drivel.

...but one thing we can surely agree on is that it is an expression of a wonderful...dare I say it...'Dynamic Energy.'

No, we do not agree.

ippy

« Reply #42079 on: October 19, 2020, 01:10:41 PM »
I have to give it to you Nick, good old Alan Burns makes a lot more assertions than you do, the main difference is where he makes references to computing technology etc where you're more inclined toward supersonic/dynamic electrical energy, other than that, perhaps you two should get together.

Regards to you Nick, ippy.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42080 on: October 19, 2020, 01:46:46 PM »
Speak for yourself. Black holes are described very well by general relativity (at least until you get to the 'centre') and there is now good evidence that they exist in nature. Regardless, as the article says, the photon sphere doesn't necessarily need a black hole.

Utter drivel.

No, we do not agree.

Here's  a question for you then...How come a black-hole, more often than not, can be found at the centre of most galaxies and is usually proportional to the combined mass of that galaxy?? I can help you...but I thought you might like to work it out for yourself...but I'll give you a clue...it has something to do with how that galaxy was formed and why it contains so much...'dynamic energy'...which is the building blocks of photons, of electrons, of neutrons, of protons, and of every mortal thing we see and many things we don't see. The Holy Bible will help you if you get stuck.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42081 on: October 19, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »
I have to give it to you Nick, good old Alan Burns makes a lot more assertions than you do, the main difference is where he makes references to computing technology etc where you're more inclined toward supersonic/dynamic electrical energy, other than that, perhaps you two should get together.

Regards to you Nick, ippy.

People tend to disagree with me regardless of what I say so i'm happier to stick with Biblical proof which is where I found this wonderful, invisible, dynamic energy, that answers all prayers in an amazing way. Almighty God, and Jesus knows what we need, before we ask, and that is always strength to cope with the heavy burdens life inflicts upon us, and by tuning in to this wonderful dynamic strength that Jesus Christ introduced us to, our prayers are answered.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42082 on: October 19, 2020, 01:58:50 PM »
You are assuming again that neither Almighty God, nor, Jesus Christ, know or refer to true science in their own righteous way...well I beg to differ. Righteousness is the refined way Jesus talks about things hard to understand but equate neatly into the mechanics of our emotional/nervous/electrical/spiritual nature...you see, every expression we make internally or externally, conscious or unconscious, requires this spiritual strength...and when we sin...or waste it wildly, which is sinning, there often isn't enough to perform all the functions required of it and then the hard face of our sins brings decline into our health...but Jesus teaches us the repair mechanism and I don't  need to alter a single word of his to make the science respond to his teaching.

I need spiritual refreshment.
I have a bottle of Ardbeg which is lomnely.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Stranger

« Reply #42083 on: October 19, 2020, 02:03:41 PM »
I can help you...

From somebody who has displayed no actual understanding of any science whatsoever and whose latest howler was: "...nor do they understand photons, a property that can change its state in an instant from solid, to wave, to gaseous, depending upon the influences upon it..." (which displays a truly staggering level of ignorance), I'm going to assume this is some sort of joke...

Stranger

« Reply #42084 on: October 19, 2020, 02:07:51 PM »
People tend to disagree with me regardless of what I say...

That would be because all you say displays staggering ignorance (of both science and the bible) and consists of nothing but baseless assertions and gibberish. If you want people to agree with you, try doing your homework on the subjects you intend to address and learn to put forward reasoned arguments instead of just making assertions.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #42085 on: October 19, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »
Sparky,

People tend to disagree with me...

Funny that. Why do you suppose that is? Could it perhaps be because all you offer is mindless gibberish with no reasoning or evidence at all to justify it?

Perhaps the problem here is that you don't understand the difference between the words "what" and "why". All you ever tell us is what you believe. What you never tell us us why you believer it. That's why people disagree with you - you give them no reason to do otherwise.   
"Don't make me come down there."

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42086 on: October 19, 2020, 02:56:42 PM »

bluehillside Retd., Never Talk to Strangers, Anchorman...

Now, what I put it down to is either, their gross lack of Biblical knowledge, their gross lack of scientific knowledge, else a certain degree of both. How can you argue against the scientific principle that all four field-force energies unify together...or that they started out in life as the same property but diverted their strength according to the scientific obstacles they have come into contact with...and, at the speed of the expanding universe, were likely to have many aberrations inflicted upon them. Einstein explained it is invisibly in all atoms, Tesla explained it is invisibly all around us all the time, Jesus Christ explained that it is the invisible heartbeat behind all human life and I have explained that if converted in the way Jesus Christ explained it plays a vital role in curing many of life's malfunctions...but you cling to those malfunctions as if your life depends upon them. Denial must be part of the condition which we must all strive to overcome...particularly if we want to avoid a space ride within a sulphurous and fiery prison for all eternity.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42087 on: October 19, 2020, 03:01:18 PM »
bluehillside Retd., Never Talk to Strangers, Anchorman...

Now, what I put it down to is either, their gross lack of Biblical knowledge, their gross lack of scientific knowledge, else a certain degree of both. How can you argue against the scientific principle that all four field-force energies unify together...or that they started out in life as the same property but diverted their strength according to the scientific obstacles they have come into contact with...and, at the speed of the expanding universe, were likely to have many aberrations inflicted upon them. Einstein explained it is invisibly in all atoms, Tesla explained it is invisibly all around us all the time, Jesus Christ explained that it is the invisible heartbeat behind all human life and I have explained that if converted in the way Jesus Christ explained it plays a vital role in curing many of life's malfunctions...but you cling to those malfunctions as if your life depends upon them. Denial must be part of the condition which we must all strive to overcome...particularly if we want to avoid a space ride within a sulphurous and fiery prison for all eternity.

Bo, NM, you have explained nothing.
You have cherry picked words from both Scripture and infNt school level science, superglued them together to try and make sense - and failed spectacularly on all fronts.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Alan Burns

• I lay it down of my own free will. John 10:18
« Reply #42088 on: October 19, 2020, 03:07:24 PM »
My progress is self evident. There is the Holy Bible and there is science and I can unify them together in a wonderful, and coherent way...and you will have to as well if you want salvation. That salvation boils down to the simple fact that the energy found in atoms is the same energy found in human health and if we use it wisely...as Jesus Christ, actually taught us...we are following a repair programme which we all desperately need...Many seek it, but few there are that actually find it...and I'm one of those few...who, like Almighty God, wants to save as many as possible...before it's too late.
The "energy" you try to define would appear to be what I interpret as the power of God's grace.
I do not presume to know what comprises God's grace, or how it works, but the power of God's grace is evident to all who embrace the Christian faith.  It is freely given through God's will.  It is what John Newton famously describes in the song "Amazing Grace". 
It gives us the power to forgive, to resist temptation, to love, to be delivered from evil, to know God, to achieve eternal salvation of our soul.
The truth will set you free  - John 8:32
Truth is not an abstraction, but a person - Edith Stein
Free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. - CS Lewis
Joy is the Gigantic Secret of Christians - GK Chesterton

Stranger

« Reply #42089 on: October 19, 2020, 03:11:59 PM »
Now, what I put it down to is either, their gross lack of Biblical knowledge, their gross lack of scientific knowledge, else a certain degree of both.

It is you who have the gross lack of knowledge...

How can you argue against the scientific principle that all four field-force energies unify together...or that they started out in life as the same property but diverted their strength according to the scientific obstacles they have come into contact with...and, at the speed of the expanding universe, were likely to have many aberrations inflicted upon them. Einstein explained it is invisibly in all atoms, Tesla explained it is invisibly all around us all the time...

See, apart from snippet about the (as yet hypothetical) unification of all four forces (and even that's garbled almost beyond recognition), this is just scientifically illiterate, ignorant gibberish. Your 'understanding' doesn't even reach half-understood, pop-science level.

...Jesus Christ explained that it is the invisible heartbeat behind all human life and I have explained that if converted in the way Jesus Christ explained it plays a vital role in curing many of life's malfunctions...but you cling to those malfunctions as if your life depends upon them. Denial must be part of the condition which we must all strive to overcome...particularly if we want to avoid a space ride within a sulphurous and fiery prison for all eternity.

This is just gibberish.

And still no attempt whatsoever to present any sort of argument...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:41:37 PM by Never Talk to Strangers »

ippy

« Reply #42090 on: October 19, 2020, 03:22:16 PM »
The "energy" you try to define would appear to be what I interpret as the power of God's grace.
I do not presume to know what comprises God's grace, or how it works, but the power of God's grace is evident to all who embrace the Christian faith.  It is freely given through God's will.  It is what John Newton famously describes in the song "Amazing Grace". 
It gives us the power to forgive, to resist temptation, to love, to be delivered from evil, to know God, to achieve eternal salvation of our soul.

How can you or anyone else possibly have, know or even acquire this kind of knowledge?

Why do you, in effect, throw reason and rationality out of the window? I've a good idea why in your sad case Alan.

Commiserations Alan, ippy.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42091 on: October 19, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »

ippy, Never Talk to Strangers, Alan Burns, Anchorman...

Science is science, we can all agree on that, can't we?? and Almighty God talks as if He knows something about science and you can't deny that either...Jesus Christ claims to be The Way, The Truth, and The Life, which is a posh way of saying everything I (Jesus)  says is scientifically true...you won't understand it, but have faith, because its all true. Now, Alan has applied that truth and is no doubt interacting with that science by faith, and therefore will have a little extra protection against the invisible things we need extra strength for at the moment...You see...one of our greatest threats, at the moment, requires us to have a strong and active immune system...science is in chaos over it all, but our strong immune system is fired by our nervous strength and so an extra precaution will be to follow the spiritual teaching of Jesus Christ because it is the same as increasing our immune strength, and even if you can't agree with me, you will have personally taken a positive stance against all bizarre viral behaviour...Courtesy of our Deity.

ippy

« Reply #42092 on: October 19, 2020, 04:49:37 PM »
ippy, Never Talk to Strangers, Alan Burns, Anchorman...

Science is science, we can all agree on that, can't we?? and Almighty God talks as if He knows something about science and you can't deny that either...Jesus Christ claims to be The Way, The Truth, and The Life, which is a posh way of saying everything I (Jesus)  says is scientifically true...you won't understand it, but have faith, because its all true. Now, Alan has applied that truth and is no doubt interacting with that science by faith, and therefore will have a little extra protection against the invisible things we need extra strength for at the moment...You see...one of our greatest threats, at the moment, requires us to have a strong and active immune system...science is in chaos over it all, but our strong immune system is fired by our nervous strength and so an extra precaution will be to follow the spiritual teaching of Jesus Christ because it is the same as increasing our immune strength, and even if you can't agree with me, you will have personally taken a positive stance against all bizarre viral behaviour...Courtesy of our Deity.

Hope you have a good day Nick.

ippy.

Stranger

« Reply #42093 on: October 19, 2020, 04:56:30 PM »
Science is science, we can all agree on that, can't we??

Yes - the problem is that you appear to have no idea what the word 'science' means.

...and Almighty God talks as if He knows something about science and you can't deny that either...

Of course I can deny that. You haven't gone any way towards showing that such a being exists, let alone what it may have said.

...Jesus Christ claims to be The Way, The Truth, and The Life, which is a posh way of saying everything I (Jesus)  says is scientifically true...you won't understand it, but have faith, because its all true. Now, Alan has applied that truth and is no doubt interacting with that science by faith, and therefore will have a little extra protection against the invisible things we need extra strength for at the moment...You see...one of our greatest threats, at the moment, requires us to have a strong and active immune system...science is in chaos over it all, but our strong immune system is fired by our nervous strength and so an extra precaution will be to follow the spiritual teaching of Jesus Christ because it is the same as increasing our immune strength, and even if you can't agree with me, you will have personally taken a positive stance against all bizarre viral behaviour...Courtesy of our Deity.

Back to gibberish... ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42094 on: October 19, 2020, 05:44:47 PM »
Never Talk to Strangers...

Sometimes I stray a little off point to convey a message to one of my many ardent fans (joke)...and such is this post...Righteousness isn't about shouting and applauding Almighty God, or Jesus Christ. It is strictly about storing up a wonderful energy within us because our replicating cells need it. The older we get the less healthy our living cells are and less able to deliver that resource and by careful spiritual observance we stretch the meagre strength we glean, and if we use it wisely and righteously we will feel emotionally/nervously/spiritually stronger...we don't need a second opinion...Jesus Christ is the only opinion we need...and he says...turn the other cheek when people want to drain you of your spiritual strength...it isn't them who you need to express it to, it is Almighty God, and Yahshua/Jesus Christ...quietly, calmly, peacefully, prayerfully, and righteously.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:56:51 PM by NicholasMarks »

Stranger

« Reply #42095 on: October 19, 2020, 06:33:20 PM »
Never Talk to Strangers...

Sometimes I stray a little off point to convey a message to one of my many ardent fans (joke)...and such is this post...Righteousness isn't about shouting and applauding Almighty God, or Jesus Christ. It is strictly about storing up a wonderful energy within us because our replicating cells need it. The older we get the less healthy our living cells are and less able to deliver that resource and by careful spiritual observance we stretch the meagre strength we glean, and if we use it wisely and righteously we will feel emotionally/nervously/spiritually stronger...we don't need a second opinion...Jesus Christ is the only opinion we need...and he says...turn the other cheek when people want to drain you of your spiritual strength...it isn't them who you need to express it to, it is Almighty God, and Yahshua/Jesus Christ...quietly, calmly, peacefully, prayerfully, and righteously.

Back to pointless, incoherent assertions. Either you have some reasons (an actual argument) for your beliefs and can express them coherently, or you don't. If you do, I suggest starting from the beginning of your argument and stop all the baseless waffle.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42096 on: October 19, 2020, 09:14:15 PM »
Back to pointless, incoherent assertions. Either you have some reasons (an actual argument) for your beliefs and can express them coherently, or you don't. If you do, I suggest starting from the beginning of your argument and stop all the baseless waffle.

That wasn't really meant for you Stranger...even I make mistakes...but not to worry, it was a strong Christian message for us all....Back on point though...you must be Searching for God to be on this topic and I can help...you see...If Almighty God is involved in every behaviour, like atoms and health, and all human behaviour He must be a spiritual being, made of the same energy that I'm suggesting is at the root of all mass and all matter. so we have unified Almighty God, Jesus Christ, and all that dynamic energy mentioned in Isaiah as being of the same property. This is very important because it means that we too have a spiritual being inside us which we can harness righteously by special righteous rules and a good place to start is The Ten Commandments. These rules brought an oppressed and enslaved people into a strong and powerful nation that exists even today so we can see that genetic health, righteous laws, and Jesus Christ have a wonderful place in our future lives.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42097 on: October 19, 2020, 09:54:48 PM »

That wasn't really meant for you Stranger...even I make mistakes...but not to worry, it was a strong Christian message for us all....Back on point though...you must be Searching for God to be on this topic and I can help...you see...If Almighty God is involved in every behaviour, like atoms and health, and all human behaviour He must be a spiritual being, made of the same energy that I'm suggesting is at the root of all mass and all matter. so we have unified Almighty God, Jesus Christ, and all that dynamic energy mentioned in Isaiah as being of the same property. This is very important because it means that we too have a spiritual being inside us which we can harness righteously by special righteous rules and a good place to start is The Ten Commandments. These rules brought an oppressed and enslaved people into a strong and powerful nation that exists even today so we can see that genetic health, righteous laws, and Jesus Christ have a wonderful place in our future lives.

This is not any kind of Christian theology I undersyand. God is not "made" of anything, but is the Creator of everything.
I know atheists don't accept this - fairy nuff - but amongst those of us calling ourselves Christian, that is a given.
Scripture nowhere describes the substance which constitutes God - 'Spirit' is a translation, in both Hebrew and Greek, of something like 'breath', annd not a spark of electrical, emotional, ectoplasmical gobbldegook.

Stranger

« Reply #42098 on: October 20, 2020, 07:34:16 AM »
If Almighty God is involved in every behaviour, like atoms and health, and all human behaviour He must be a spiritual being, made of the same energy that I'm suggesting is at the root of all mass and all matter.

More scientific illiteracy: nothing can be made of energy. Energy isn't stuff, it's a property, not a thing in itself.

The rest is just more pseudo-religious waffle with no attempt at any sort of argument.

Outrider

« Reply #42099 on: October 20, 2020, 09:24:19 AM »
You must be Searching for God to be on this topic

Or, for instance, you might be interested to see how it is that people can come to believe in this so profoundly? Or you could be trying to counter some of the claims in order to prevent others falling into the trap because you're worried that religion is a pernicious influence in the world? Just some possibilities.

If Almighty God is involved in every behaviour, like atoms and health, and all human behaviour He must be a spiritual being, made of the same energy that I'm suggesting is at the root of all mass and all matter.

Firstly, that 'if' at the start of the sentence is doing an awful lot of work; second, atoms are not 'behaviour', arguably health isn't a behaviour either, it's the outcome of a number of factors of which behaviour can be one; thirdly what does 'spiritual' mean, it seems like a synonym for 'unevidenced trait'; if 'spiritual is composed of some base energy (which, as Never Talks to Strangers has pointed out misunderstands the nature of energy) then it can be measured - do you have any sort of basis for making that claim, any theory on how we'd measure that quanta being added or removed from a total?

So we have unified Almighty God, Jesus Christ, and all that dynamic energy mentioned in Isaiah as being of the same property.

That's a bit of a reach to presume complex advanced scientific interpretation is valid from the poetic translation of the selectively edited and subsequently amended accounts of at least three different authors, of which none might actually be the alleged 'Isaiah' in question, especially in the absence of a verifiable theory to confirm the claim.

This is very important because it means that we too have a spiritual being inside us which we can harness righteously by special righteous rules and a good place to start is The Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments (of which there are varying accounts, but sticking with the traditional set) are four pieces of fairy tale fanboy convention, one piece of restriction of freedom of speech, movement and belief (keep the Sabbath day 'holy'), one piece of blatant authoritarianism (honour thy father and mother), and then half a dozen versions of crudely simplistic moralisations which are far from unique to Judaeo-Christian tradition.  They might be a good place to start, but they're pretty much done in five minutes and they do nothing to demonstrate a 'spiritual' being is even a meaningful concept, let alone that we might have a symbiotic/parasitic/Pokemontastic relationship with one.

These rules brought an oppressed and enslaved people into a strong and powerful nation that exists even today so we can see that genetic health, righteous laws, and Jesus Christ have a wonderful place in our future lives.

Those rules... like 'do not covet they neighbour's (insert object of choice), whilst Israel slowly steals the land of the Palestinians that they 'covet'... like 'do not murder' whilst they send troops in to Palestinian territories on a regular basis to break up the infrastructure that keeps those people alive and enforce blockades on humanitarian supplies to the region...

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints