Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3735525 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #42125 on: October 20, 2020, 04:48:02 PM »
I stand corrected...but the sacred nature of life should be respected in all instances...otherwise you can say that abortion for convenience is ok...euthanasia is ok..and war is ok...and if you understand the Holy Bible, you will know they are not ok.

I have views on abortion, euthanasia and, for that matter, war.
Scripture is not entirely clear on these matters...there are various views and interpretations.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

ippy

« Reply #42126 on: October 20, 2020, 04:48:41 PM »

This is not any kind of Christian theology I undersyand. God is not "made" of anything, but is the Creator of everything.
I know atheists don't accept this - fairy nuff - but amongst those of us calling ourselves Christian, that is a given.
Scripture nowhere describes the substance which constitutes God - 'Spirit' is a translation, in both Hebrew and Greek, of something like 'breath', annd not a spark of electrical, emotional, ectoplasmical gobbldegook.

Why would it matter Anchor?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42127 on: October 20, 2020, 04:57:12 PM »
Why would it matter Anchor?

It matters because of the guff NM is coming up with, mangrling 'lucky bag' theology and infant grade science into a goo which is useless to both disciplines.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42128 on: October 20, 2020, 05:14:59 PM »

It matters because of the guff NM is coming up with, mangrling 'lucky bag' theology and infant grade science into a goo which is useless to both disciplines.

It all matters because we are in training for a new heavens and a new Earth and we have got to have the correct understanding about righteousness to pass the test. So ok...the innocent and the repentant will have sparse knowledge...but Jesus and Almighty God want a team of comforters according to righteous good order and we won't get there by following our own thoughts and reasoning...better to get there the way Jesus accurately showed us...even if we have our heads chopped off in the process.

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #42129 on: October 20, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »
You are totally oblivious of the fact that there is an invisible energy surrounding us which is forming and shaping our lives. Propaganda makes good use of it because via a bunch of untrue expression it guides many people down false paths...just by appealing to the false needs of manipulators...and just as the high priests manipulated the Jews to crucify Jesus.  Well, it all has a science...it is how our nervous strength reacts to the stimulus that, good or bad, is played into it...For instance...life tells us that we should scream and shout at pop concerts and also that we should waste our sex hormones as if nothing else matters but you would be wrong because via these tactics we are screwing up our health and leaving ourselves wide open to all the not yet understood ailments that our hospitals are full of...Now, don't blame me for this, it is all contained within the science of righteousness and it is more relevant today than ever before.

It all matters because we are in training for a new heavens and a new Earth and we have got to have the correct understanding about righteousness to pass the test. So ok...the innocent and the repentant will have sparse knowledge...but Jesus and Almighty God want a team of comforters according to righteous good order and we won't get there by following our own thoughts and reasoning...better to get there the way Jesus accurately showed us...even if we have our heads chopped off in the process.

And the mindless, incoherent assertions just go on and on without the slightest attempt at providing any supporting reasoning or evidence...   ::)
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42130 on: October 20, 2020, 05:31:05 PM »
And the mindless, incoherent assertions just go on and on without the slightest attempt at providing any supporting reasoning or evidence...   ::)

Belief in the Holy Bible is sufficient if we have no comprehension of the science.

Stranger

« Reply #42131 on: October 20, 2020, 05:36:00 PM »
Belief in the Holy Bible is sufficient if we have no comprehension of the science.

Well, you clearly have no comprehension of science. That leaves us with the bible, which can't be evidence for its own claims, let alone evidence for your own, personal and utterly bizarre interpretation of it, which leaves us with exactly nothing, as I said.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42132 on: October 20, 2020, 07:07:25 PM »
Well, you clearly have no comprehension of science. That leaves us with the bible, which can't be evidence for its own claims, let alone evidence for your own, personal and utterly bizarre interpretation of it, which leaves us with exactly nothing, as I said.

Only in your opinion...there are a few million who disagree with you and each one of them has a chance of being saved, regardless of how long ago they lived because that's the nature of the promise. If you cannot understand the length and breadth of the Grand Unification of the Four Universal Forces and how it equates into the Holy Bible I question your scientific ability...because constant attacks on the wonderful word of righteousness indicates that you have a more determined reason for condemning it and in the face of the things coming into our solar space at the moment, that is very brave of you. 

ippy

« Reply #42133 on: October 20, 2020, 07:23:29 PM »

Why bother with something where it's hardly likely any of it even exists?

ippy.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #42134 on: October 20, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »

Only in your opinion...there are a few million who disagree with you and each one of them has a chance of being saved, regardless of how long ago they lived because that's the nature of the promise. If you cannot understand the length and breadth of the Grand Unification of the Four Universal Forces and how it equates into the Holy Bible I question your scientific ability...because constant attacks on the wonderful word of righteousness indicates that you have a more determined reason for condemning it and in the face of the things coming into our solar space at the moment, that is very brave of you.

Please tell me, as regards your "solar space" comment, that you aren't banging on about this 'Nibiru' nonsense again.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42135 on: October 20, 2020, 07:44:45 PM »

Test?
W"hat Test?
"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved".
"If you confess Christ as Lord, believing God raised Him from the dead, then you shall be saved".
And that's befire John 3:16-17.
No test....Jesus made syre of that.
You seem to be a 'Gnostic Unitarian' of some description, with no grasp of Christian theology to speak of.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42136 on: October 20, 2020, 07:50:20 PM »
Please tell me, as regards your "solar space" comment, that you aren't banging on about this 'Nibiru' nonsense again.

I'm talking about the fiery lake of sulphur...a Biblical projection of our future.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42137 on: October 20, 2020, 07:58:38 PM »
   Test?
W"hat Test?
"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved".
"If you confess Christ as Lord, believing God raised Him from the dead, then you shall be saved".
And that's befire John 3:16-17.
No test....Jesus made syre of that.
You seem to be a 'Gnostic Unitarian' of some description, with no grasp of Christian theology to speak of.

What do you suppose Jesus was referring to when he said that those who stick to his righteous word even though they might lose their lives would receive a crown of life....or did I imagine that...and did I imagine that the sole purpose of upbuilding a righteous spirit was to have everlasting life...or perhaps all the promises Jesus made had no scientific validity...I will tell you, it is the product of a wonderful science that is coded within the Holy Bible and which is absolute truth...Remember that word...truth...it is what makes righteousness so wonderfully...errr...true.

Stranger

« Reply #42138 on: October 20, 2020, 07:59:01 PM »
Only in your opinion...

It is not my opinion that you know nothing about science, the things you said are just wrong. Anybody can check this simply by looking at reputable sources and comparing them to the nonsensical gibberish you post about it.

Neither is it my opinion that the bible can't be evidence for its own claims, that's simple logic.

...there are a few million who disagree with you...

Please feel free to name even a single other person who agrees with your silly nonsense about the bible and science.

If you cannot understand the length and breadth of the Grand Unification of the Four Universal Forces and how it equates into the Holy Bible I question your scientific ability...

Another LOL moment. You haven't even tried to produce and scientific or logical connection between unification of the forces and the bible, and from your total lack of understanding of science, I don't think you even have the first idea how you would go about making a scientific or logical case for anything at all.

Hint: stamping your little foot and saying you're right, and everybody else is in denial, over and over again is not the way it's done.

...because constant attacks on the wonderful word of righteousness indicates that you have a more determined reason for condemning it and in the face of the things coming into our solar space at the moment, that is very brave of you.

You do realise that you're not actually fooling anybody (with the possible exception of yourself) with this gibberish, don't you?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42139 on: October 20, 2020, 08:15:25 PM »

What do you suppose Jesus was referring to when he said that those who stick to his righteous word even though they might lose their lives would receive a crown of life....or did I imagine that...and did I imagine that the sole purpose of upbuilding a righteous spirit was to have everlasting life...or perhaps all the promises Jesus made had no scientific validity...I will tell you, it is the product of a wonderful science that is coded within the Holy Bible and which is absolute truth...Remember that word...truth...it is what makes righteousness so wonderfully...errr...true.

There is nothing - absolutely NOTHING - we can do to earn salvation or one second in eternity.
Christ did it for us.
Haven't you worked that out yet?
All your gobbledegook and pseudoscientific drivel is so much hot air.
Our salvation, our eternity, is the free gift of God - all we have to do is accept it.
If you don't grasp that, you seem about as far away from basic Christianity as a Pot Noodle is from a gourmet meal.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42140 on: October 20, 2020, 08:44:26 PM »

There is nothing - absolutely NOTHING - we can do to earn salvation or one second in eternity.
Christ did it for us.
Haven't you worked that out yet?
All your gobbledegook and pseudoscientific drivel is so much hot air.
Our salvation, our eternity, is the free gift of God - all we have to do is accept it.
If you don't grasp that, you seem about as far away from basic Christianity as a Pot Noodle is from a gourmet meal.

Revelation 2:10, NIV: "Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown."

If we don't need to do anything to gain everlasting life then who's going into the fiery lake of sulphur because there is a distinct group of people who will not be saved...I might add it will be one of those natural disasters that Almighty God will take full responsibility for but will happen because he has decided it will perform His Judgment for Him and to be saved we have to have certain qualities and righteousness is those qualities...It saved Jesus and it will save us. Of course millions who are not a part of Revelation 21:8 will be saved by calling on Jesus' name but those who pass that righteous test I mentioned will be lifted above those less qualified in righteousness. The innocent, the repentant and the righteous have that hope, but not those who refuse to comply with a peace loving world...Don't blame me, it's all in the Holy Bible.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42141 on: October 20, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »
It is not my opinion that you know nothing about science, the things you said are just wrong. Anybody can check this simply by looking at reputable sources and comparing them to the nonsensical gibberish you post about it.

Neither is it my opinion that the bible can't be evidence for its own claims, that's simple logic.

Please feel free to name even a single other person who agrees with your silly nonsense about the bible and science.

Another LOL moment. You haven't even tried to produce and scientific or logical connection between unification of the forces and the bible, and from your total lack of understanding of science, I don't think you even have the first idea how you would go about making a scientific or logical case for anything at all.

Hint: stamping your little foot and saying you're right, and everybody else is in denial, over and over again is not the way it's done.

You do realise that you're not actually fooling anybody (with the possible exception of yourself) with this gibberish, don't you?

Just to help you a little to realise that our Deity isn't joking I will guide you to the science you refuse to accept...Now, the amount of scrutiny and research that has gone into this science is only endurable because the Holy Bible gives the ability to understand deeper things but that isn't your problem. There are two dimensions to this universe that is only known in a cursory way but they are what creates all the energy in the entire universe and it is built from pure scientific and Biblical knowledge. You will scorn it but that is your problem. The Holy Bible tells us about God's dimension and our own. By prayer we can communicate between the two but what is important here is that our expanding dimension rides over and through the more static dimension which had to exist before the big-bang and it is the conflicts between the two that give us energy, give us health or ill health, gives us salvation or condemnation. Now I can fill in all the details but I don't think you are really very interested...you prefer the science that will collapse and very soon.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42142 on: October 20, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »

Revelation 2:10, NIV: "Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown."

If we don't need to do anything to gain everlasting life then who's going into the fiery lake of sulphur because there is a distinct group of people who will not be saved...I might add it will be one of those natural disasters that Almighty God will take full responsibility for but will happen because he has decided it will perform His Judgment for Him and to be saved we have to have certain qualities and righteousness is those qualities...It saved Jesus and it will save us. Of course millions who are not a part of Revelation 21:8 will be saved by calling on Jesus' name but those who pass that righteous test I mentioned will be lifted above those less qualified in righteousness. The innocent, the repentant and the righteous have that hope, but not those who refuse to comply with a peace loving world...Don't blame me, it's all in the Holy Bible.

"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life".
Which part of 'free gift' don't you understand?

Stranger

« Reply #42143 on: October 21, 2020, 08:06:51 AM »
Just to help you a little to realise that our Deity isn't joking...

Before we decide that, you need to establish that there is a deity and that it has said anything to us. You haven't even done that.

I will guide you to the science you refuse to accept...

Oh good...

Now, the amount of scrutiny and research that has gone into this science is only endurable because the Holy Bible gives the ability to understand deeper things but that isn't your problem. There are two dimensions to this universe that is only known in a cursory way but they are what creates all the energy in the entire universe and it is built from pure scientific and Biblical knowledge. You will scorn it but that is your problem. The Holy Bible tells us about God's dimension and our own. By prayer we can communicate between the two but what is important here is that our expanding dimension rides over and through the more static dimension which had to exist before the big-bang and it is the conflicts between the two that give us energy, give us health or ill health, gives us salvation or condemnation. Now I can fill in all the details but I don't think you are really very interested...you prefer the science that will collapse and very soon.

So where's the science you promised? This is just more baseless gibberish (for a start, you don't even seem to know what a dimension is). You can't do science by making meaningless shit up and just insisting it's right.

Either you're trying to make a connection between established science and the bible, in which case you need to start with science (which means you need to learn some) or you're trying to introduce new science, in which case you also need to start with known science (learn some), explicitly add your own theory (that will need mathematics if we are talking about physics), then you'll need experimental and observational evidence.

I told you that spouting gibberish and just asserting and foot-stamping is not going to convince anybody so why go on doing just that?

torridon

« Reply #42144 on: October 21, 2020, 08:30:47 AM »

Just to help you a little to realise that our Deity isn't joking I will guide you to the science you refuse to accept...Now, the amount of scrutiny and research that has gone into this science is only endurable because the Holy Bible gives the ability to understand deeper things but that isn't your problem. There are two dimensions to this universe that is only known in a cursory way but they are what creates all the energy in the entire universe and it is built from pure scientific and Biblical knowledge. You will scorn it but that is your problem. The Holy Bible tells us about God's dimension and our own. By prayer we can communicate between the two but what is important here is that our expanding dimension rides over and through the more static dimension which had to exist before the big-bang and it is the conflicts between the two that give us energy, give us health or ill health, gives us salvation or condemnation. Now I can fill in all the details but I don't think you are really very interested...you prefer the science that will collapse and very soon.

Wibble

Outrider

« Reply #42145 on: October 21, 2020, 09:56:15 AM »
You are totally oblivious of the fact that there is an invisible energy surrounding us which is forming and shaping our lives.

In order for me to be oblivious to something, it would have to exist.  I'm oblivious to the constant stream of neutrinos passing through my body because they have virtually no effect on the rest of the universe... however, they have just enough of an effect for us to be able to design experiments to confirm that they are there, even though in everyday life we have no indication of it.  By contrast, I'm not aware of anything to give credence to your somewhat vague claim of an 'invisible energy surrounding which is forming and shaping our lives' - you could mean gravity, you could mean electro-magnetism and you'd be right, but I suspect you mean something less easily categorised or demonstrated.

Propaganda makes good use of it because via a bunch of untrue expression it guides many people down false paths...

Just for the record, in this discussion about religion and spirituality it wasn't me that first used the word 'propoganda' :)

just by appealing to the false needs of manipulators...and just as the high priests manipulated the Jews to crucify Jesus.

Just as pretty much every social group in history has put out its message and run the risk of it being criticised as 'propoganda' - propoganda is just claims in support of a position, it's neither inherently good nor bad, it's the content of the message and whether or not it's based on reality that should be considered when you're judging it. 

Well, it all has a science...

No, it doesn't all have a science. Science is not just a list of claims, nor is restricted to only facts - science is a process of investigation, and the sum of the findings of that process.  Some of those findings are our best current understanding but we're fairly sure they're at best incomplete if not entirely wrong, some of them we're almost certain we currently think are probably right but will be undermined or at least modified in the future, and others are likely pretty much bang on track.  What they aren't is popular (or unpopular) opinion, 'divine' revelation or historic tradition reinterpreted in the light of a modern understanding.

it is how our nervous strength reacts to the stimulus that, good or bad, is played into it...

If you're going to drop concepts like 'nervous strength' into the discussion which don't have a conventional meaning, you're going to have to give them a meaningful definition.

For instance...life tells us that we should scream and shout at pop concerts and also that we should waste our sex hormones as if nothing else matters but you would be wrong because via these tactics we are screwing up our health and leaving ourselves wide open to all the not yet understood ailments that our hospitals are full of...

Wow. That's a whole load of unsubstantiatedness dropped in one place...  Life doesn't tell use we should scream and shout at pop concerts, that's a cultural trope - it's no different to the cultural trope that tells Muslims they should kneel towards Mecca when they pray or Americans that they should place their hand on their heart when their national anthem is played.  I'm curious as to how 'sex hormones' (oestrogen? testosterone? progesterone?) are 'wasted', and I'm really curious to see any sort of medical record of someone hospitalised as a result of it.

Now, don't blame me for this,

Blaming people is rarely productive, blaming people for being wrong doubly so.

it is all contained within the science of righteousness

How can 'righteousness' have a science?  How is it quantified?  What's the unit of measure for righteousness?  What does righteousness interact with to give us a meaningful way to calibrate anything?

and it is more relevant today than ever before.

Only to us, because we're here.  Our cultural status is of absolutely no interest to Blackbeard, whilst 18th Century Nassua would have been quite significant to him and of only passing interest to us.  That's what happens when you presume your subjective sense of something is a definitive indicator of some absolute truth...

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42146 on: October 21, 2020, 11:21:28 AM »

Outrider, torridon, Never Talk to Strangers, Anchorman...

My position is pretty clear...that the Holy Bible has a scientific code secreted within its many teachings and  it is this...that all those neutrinos are the product of electric energy generating within us via the replication of healthy living cells. If we do it righteously we have a Holy Spirit dwelling within us which organises our spiritual energy, firstly as an indestructible spirit that can even resurrect us, but usually gives repentant sinners rebirth or, if wasted, after life is over, it will just jostle around in the ether, but, secondly, it will instigate a  repair programme, which I have put to the test in many different ways and can tell you it works...your arguments against it will serve no useful purpose because it is wasting your own nervous strength and that is destructive for you. There are no laws against trying to be be nice, understanding, and caring...but it is in your best interests to try...and remember, there are many millions who have tried and found huge benefits from the science.

Stranger

« Reply #42147 on: October 21, 2020, 11:36:59 AM »
My position is pretty clear...

Clearly incoherent, nonsensical and scientifically illiterate.

...that the Holy Bible has a scientific code secreted within its many teachings and  it is this...that all those neutrinos are the product of electric energy generating within us via the replication of healthy living cells.

More scientifically illiteracy. Most of them come from the sun and are due to nuclear reactions, not electrical ones (Neutrino).

If we do it righteously we have a Holy Spirit dwelling within us which organises our spiritual energy, firstly as an indestructible spirit that can even resurrect us, but usually gives repentant sinners rebirth or, if wasted, after life is over, it will just jostle around in the ether, but, secondly, it will instigate a  repair programme, which I have put to the test in many different ways and can tell you it works...your arguments against it will serve no useful purpose because it is wasting your own nervous strength and that is destructive for you. There are no laws against trying to be be nice, understanding, and caring...but it is in your best interests to try...and remember, there are many millions who have tried and found huge benefits from the science.

More meaningless gibberish.

Once again, name one of these "millions" of people who fully agree with your silly assertions.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42148 on: October 21, 2020, 11:46:27 AM »
Clearly incoherent, nonsensical and scientifically illiterate.

More scientifically illiteracy. Most of them come from the sun and are due to nuclear reactions, not electrical ones (Neutrino).

More meaningless gibberish.

Once again, name one of these "millions" of people who fully agree with your silly assertions.

Got you taped now Stranger...you can't be a Christian because you are a committed Dawkinist and take your instructions from the atheist movement which allows no one to stand if they support the Holy Bible...so I think your comments are valueless for true Christian minded people...but you will never be able to say that the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ didn't try to reach into you foolish and false philosophy and try to save you.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42149 on: October 21, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
 My position is pretty clear...that the Holy Bible has a scientific code secreted within its many teachings and  it is this...that all those neutrinos are the product of electric energy generating within us via the replication of healthy living cells. If we do it righteously we have a Holy Spirit dwelling within us which organises our spiritual energy, firstly as an indestructible spirit that can even resurrect us, but usually gives repentant sinners rebirth or, if wasted, after life is over, it will just jostle around in the ether, but, secondly, it will instigate a  repair programme, which I have put to the test in many different ways and can tell you it works...your arguments against it will serve no useful purpose because it is wasting your own nervous strength and 
"

This, NM, is not Christianity.
Not by a long chalk.
Nor is it science.
At best it smacks of Gnostic mysticism, and at worst, meaningless drivel grounded, neither in science nor Scripture.
You need to undertake serious scholarly study in both disciplines before you try to wreck either.
You seem to have no understanding of elementary science whatsoever, and scant understanding of theology.
I can understand atheists refuting theology and disregarding the Scripture; but your total failure to read - accurately - and use bits of scripture like missing jigsaw pieces to patch up a picture of your own imagination for which they were not intended is breathtakingly crass.