Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3735066 times)

NicholasMarks

Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #42175 on: October 21, 2020, 04:20:24 PM »
"Running out of time" implies a target date which is getting closer.
How far away is it?

I've done that circular argument with you before Seb...It's not me telling you, it is the Holy Bible, and I would  not be taking my responsibilities seriously if I didn't remind you.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #42176 on: October 21, 2020, 04:21:46 PM »

Your forgetting that I got it from the highest source...the Holy Bible...and the evidence is there for the acute mind to sus out...You, I'm afraid, have a mental block on the subject...and though more nervous energy would unblock it for you, you seem happy in your own state of denial. Many have tried to squash the word of God but many also, like Constantine, found it best to ride it but with a few nasty modifications...but here, you are getting the unalterable, righteous truth.
Could you point out Constantine's 'nasty modifications'? This should not be difficult for someone of your unparalleled wisdom and scholarship. But remember, Anchorman is watching you, and his scholarship exceeds even the dizzy heights of yours.

P.S. You keep mentioning eternal punishments in "The Lake of Fire". You will know that this is not a belief of the Jehovah's Witnesses (at least as applied to humans). May I ask how you came to differ from them on this matter?
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #42177 on: October 21, 2020, 04:24:33 PM »
Your forgetting that I got it from the highest source...the Holy Bible...

Firstly, you have gone no way towards establishing that the bible is the highest source on anything. Secondly, it's a blatant lie that you got the drivel about Higgs field and imploding forces from the bible. The bible says nothing about those things.

Why should anybody listen to such a shameless liar?

...and the evidence is there for the acute mind to sus out...

Any idiot can assert that some evidence exists. What you need to do is actually produce it.

You, I'm afraid, have a mental block on the subject...

Irony off the scale again.  ::)

...but here, you are getting the unalterable, righteous truth.

But what you are saying is not the truth. Much of it is patently false, as has been demonstrated multiple times now. Light can go round in circles, plasma can't travel at the speed of light, neutrinos aren't produced by electrical energy in the cell, atoms don't have a Higgs field (it's everywhere), it's not an imploding force (it's a field, the clue is in the name)...
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42178 on: October 21, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »
Could you point out Constantine's 'nasty modifications'? This should not be difficult for someone of your unparalleled wisdom and scholarship. But remember, Anchorman is watching you, and his scholarship exceeds even the dizzy heights of yours.

P.S. You keep mentioning eternal punishments in "The Lake of Fire". You will know that this is not a belief of the Jehovah's Witnesses (at least as applied to humans). May I ask how you came to differ from them on this matter?

Hello Dicky...well...Constantine set up his own priesthood and they are still doing unmentionable things today because they know that their false image is more important than their hidden deeds. As I understand it they are the ones who engineered the three God's in one thing...which is quite offensive if you are the part of the Deity that is left out. The whole Gospel message keeps telling us over and over again that Jesus is the Son of God, and was obedient to his father, Almighty God, Yhwh/Jehovah, and that no one reaches the father unless they go through Jesus...but Constantine managed to crush this vital righteous code by saying ignore the one because they are both the same. Not in those words exactly...but see how Anchorman, a sincere believer, I think, is totally led astray because of Constantine veering many away from Biblical truth. His total aim was to embrace the Christians into supporting his rule, giving it a righteous image, because having authority over their nervous strength meant victory over his enemies...a bit like a football team having solid authority over their fan base.

Now...what the Holy Bible tells us in Revelation is that there will be a huge disturbance in our solar space. Wormwood will come and cause mayhem and the fiery lake of sulphur will be a part of that chaos. People watching global signs today are reporting aspects of these great tribulations building up in our distressed skies today, as we speak, and the many earthquakes, volcanoes, mass fires, mass creature die offs, in the sea and on the land, wars and rumours of wars...and wild global plagues suggest we are in those 'last days' and it doesnt need a genius to point out that if we keep our morale strong we will have the best chance of survival...and that is what Jesus Christ teaches...whether we like it or not.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42179 on: October 21, 2020, 05:56:59 PM »
Firstly, you have gone no way towards establishing that the bible is the highest source on anything. Secondly, it's a blatant lie that you got the drivel about Higgs field and imploding forces from the bible. The bible says nothing about those things.

Why should anybody listen to such a shameless liar?

Any idiot can assert that some evidence exists. What you need to do is actually produce it.

Irony off the scale again.  ::)

But what you are saying is not the truth. Much of it is patently false, as has been demonstrated multiple times now. Light can go round in circles, plasma can't travel at the speed of light, neutrinos aren't produced by electrical energy in the cell, atoms don't have a Higgs field (it's everywhere), it's not an imploding force (it's a field, the clue is in the name)...

To me the Holy Bible is the highest authority in this universe...I see a science in its teaching and that science says if I believe and behave as if I believe I will be well rewarded. You don't believe, it appears that you don't want what is on offer...That's ok...you won't get it...but it's only fair to warn you that the alternative isn't very nice at all. A natural disaster is coming which cannot be stopped but it can be controlled because we have an eternal, spiritual nature within us and Jesus Christ died to give us comfort at these terrible times by showing us that we can escape the fiery lake of sulphur just as he escaped his similar fate. A natural disaster that will retain all electrical catchment that it pulls into its gravitational claws, and hold it for all eternity. We won't be able to blame Almighty God or Jesus Christ...they gave you fair warning.

Stranger

« Reply #42180 on: October 21, 2020, 06:16:31 PM »
To me the Holy Bible is the highest authority in this universe...

Why? Again, you seem to have a problem distinguishing between asserting something and establishing by argument or evidence.

...I see a science in its teaching...

But we've already established (see all the examples in my last post) that you know fuck all about science, so we can safely dismiss this as at best a mistake but more probably a total fantasy.

...it appears that you don't want what is on offer...

Too right. I don't want to be taken in by a dishonest charlatan like yourself who pretends knowledge that he doesn't have and even ignores it when he's caught red-handed telling porkies.

...That's ok...you won't get it...but it's only fair to warn you that the alternative isn't very nice at all. A natural disaster is coming which cannot be stopped but it can be controlled because we have an eternal, spiritual nature within us and Jesus Christ died to give us comfort at these terrible times by showing us that we can escape the fiery lake of sulphur just as he escaped his similar fate. A natural disaster that will retain all electrical catchment that it pulls into its gravitational claws, and hold it for all eternity. We won't be able to blame Almighty God or Jesus Christ...they gave you fair warning.

Why should I believe any of this after all the blatant falsehoods about science you've posted? You see, if you utterly squander your reputation by pretending to know about science (And why? Just to boost your own ego?), and get caught out, nobody's going to listen to a word you say...

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42181 on: October 21, 2020, 06:19:06 PM »

...... Wormwood will come.........
I was wondering how long it would take you to mention it.
Not very long was the answer!

Keeping your eyes on the skies Nick?

Spotted anything lately?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42182 on: October 21, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »
I was wondering how long it would take you to mention it.
Not very long was the answer!

Keeping your eyes on the skies Nick?

Spotted anything lately?

Yes I have actually...but you don't want to know.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42183 on: October 21, 2020, 06:55:32 PM »

Yes I have actually...but you don't want to know.
No, I do. I'm an amateur astronomer.
I would love to know.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42184 on: October 21, 2020, 06:56:57 PM »
Why? Again, you seem to have a problem distinguishing between asserting something and establishing by argument or evidence.

But we've already established (see all the examples in my last post) that you know fuck all about science, so we can safely dismiss this as at best a mistake but more probably a total fantasy.

Too right. I don't want to be taken in by a dishonest charlatan like yourself who pretends knowledge that he doesn't have and even ignores it when he's caught red-handed telling porkies.

Why should I believe any of this after all the blatant falsehoods about science you've posted? You see, if you utterly squander your reputation by pretending to know about science (And why? Just to boost your own ego?), and get caught out, nobody's going to listen to a word you say...

My ego is well and truly boosted listening to your comments but I have found the cure for obvious and blatant debunking...calmly and quietly pursue your point because it is more important for the debunker than it is for me. I have that truth and I find it very difficult to believe, after Einstein and Tesla, that you can't see this untapped resource ready to be released if we can access it honestly, righteously, and with the spirit of fair mindedness that it is offered to us by our Deity.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42185 on: October 21, 2020, 07:00:02 PM »
No, I do. I'm an amateur astronomer.
I would love to know.

You say you do but you don't really...anyway, what I have seen you will have seen also...if, indeed, you are an amateur astronomer.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42186 on: October 21, 2020, 07:02:20 PM »

You say you do but you don't really...anyway, what I have seen you will have seen also...if, indeed, you are an amateur astronomer.
I see a lot of things.
Don't beat about the bush.
What, specifically are you talking about.
Albert Einstein

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42187 on: October 21, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »

Jesus Christ is the Son of the One, True God...and I have Biblically shown you. Paul says that though he was like God in every detail, he would not stand as a rival to God, (Phillipians, I think). The science exposes much more about the nature of righteousness but you aren't ready...but this is guaranteed...follow Jesus accurately, as Jesus, alone taught us...implement righteousness into your daily life as Jesus displayed to us...and you will be able to follow the science that Jesus and Almighty God want us to follow...it is very involved but no sincere Christian will find it too difficult.

"Follow Jesus accurately....."
That would be the Jesus who claimed to be I AM, would it?
The Jesus who let Thomas call Him both Lord and God?
Because that's the Jesus to whom I surrendered 43 years ago.
I don't know which one you think you're following, but you haven't met Him yet.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42188 on: October 21, 2020, 07:14:19 PM »

Hello Dicky...well...Constantine set up his own priesthood and they are still doing unmentionable things today because they know that their false image is more important than their hidden deeds. As I understand it they are the ones who engineered the three God's in one thing...which is quite offensive if you are the part of the Deity that is left out. The whole Gospel message keeps telling us over and over again that Jesus is the Son of God, and was obedient to his father, Almighty God, Yhwh/Jehovah, and that no one reaches the father unless they go through Jesus...but Constantine managed to crush this vital righteous code by saying ignore the one because they are both the same. Not in those words exactly...but see how Anchorman, a sincere believer, I think, is totally led astray because of Constantine veering many away from Biblical truth. His total aim was to embrace the Christians into supporting his rule, giving it a righteous image, because having authority over their nervous strength meant victory over his enemies...a bit like a football team having solid authority over their fan base.

Now...what the Holy Bible tells us in Revelation is that there will be a huge disturbance in our solar space. Wormwood will come and cause mayhem and the fiery lake of sulphur will be a part of that chaos. People watching global signs today are reporting aspects of these great tribulations building up in our distressed skies today, as we speak, and the many earthquakes, volcanoes, mass fires, mass creature die offs, in the sea and on the land, wars and rumours of wars...and wild global plagues suggest we are in those 'last days' and it doesnt need a genius to point out that if we keep our morale strong we will have the best chance of survival...and that is what Jesus Christ teaches...whether we like it or not.

Whoa.
Xonstantine may have interefered with church government, but he did not set it up.
Bishops are known from two and a half centuries before his time (not that I hold with episcopacy, but you are simply wrong)
As for the Trinity?
The first evidence (outside Matthew) comes from Egypt dating to no later than 110 AD, from a fragment which menyons the 'Godhead, Triune in nature'. Now, if I use my fingers correctly, that's well over two centuries before Constantine....try to be ACCURATE, old son......
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Stranger

« Reply #42189 on: October 21, 2020, 07:18:49 PM »
My ego is well and truly boosted listening to your comments but I have found the cure for obvious and blatant debunking...calmly and quietly pursue your point because it is more important for the debunker than it is for me. I have that truth and I find it very difficult to believe, after Einstein and Tesla, that you can't see this untapped resource ready to be released if we can access it honestly, righteously, and with the spirit of fair mindedness that it is offered to us by our Deity.

"Access it honestly" - is that a joke?

Nicholas, you have been caught out posting at least five blatantly false statements about science; facts that are all easily accessible to anybody with any doubt, yet you just ignore the fact.

What is it? Do you just not care at all about truth or honesty? So much for what you call "righteousness" if it involves deliberate and blatant lies or the inability to acknowledge mistakes and learn from them. The dishonesty or ego-fuelled, truth-denying arrogance you are displaying are not in any sense of the word "righteousness" and are the exact opposite of "accurate".
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:22:59 PM by Never Talk to Strangers »

Outrider

« Reply #42190 on: October 21, 2020, 08:43:55 PM »
My position is pretty clear...that the Holy Bible has a scientific code secreted within its many teachings and  it is this...that all those neutrinos are the product of electric energy generating within us via the replication of healthy living cells.

How can neutrinos be the product of 'electrical energy' when they have no electrical charge and do not interact with electromagnetic fields?  Neutrinos are not emitted from us, they pass through us on paths through the cosmos, starting outside of the atmosphere (probably outside of the solar system) and continuing on out the other side undeterred.

If we do it righteously we have a Holy Spirit dwelling within us which organises our spiritual energy,

'Righteously', 'holy', 'spirit', 'spiritual energy'... those terms have no strict meaning and, outside of of 'righteously' perhaps, no subjective meaning either.  Show me something that validates the concept of 'spirit' or 'spiritual energy' - it's just make believe.

your arguments against

I'm not making any arguments, I don't need to.  I'm pointing out that you're using an awful lot of words to say nothing of any consequence, you'd be as well citing the psychic healing powers of unicorn manes because they also don't have any basis for being accepted as actual things.

it will serve no useful purpose because it is wasting your own nervous strength and that is destructive for you.

I'm willing to risk it, you never know I might have an overactive (if invisible and intangible) 'nervous strength' gland.

There are no laws against trying to be be nice, understanding, and caring...

And on that, if nothing else, we can agree.  Please know that I accept you're are attempting to convince people of something that you believe will be of benefit to them.  I disagree with your conclusions, but not with your motives.

but it is in your best interests to try...and remember, there are many millions who have tried and found huge benefits from the science.

Which, again, I can compare to heroin, or alcohol, or chocolate bars... And, like those things, they come with drawbacks and implications that impinge on people and society, this is not a situation where there is nothing to be lost by accepting these precepts.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Stranger

« Reply #42191 on: October 22, 2020, 09:01:49 AM »
How can neutrinos be the product of 'electrical energy' when they have no electrical charge and do not interact with electromagnetic fields?  Neutrinos are not emitted from us, they pass through us on paths through the cosmos, starting outside of the atmosphere (probably outside of the solar system) and continuing on out the other side undeterred.

FYI: "The majority of neutrinos which are detected about the Earth are from nuclear reactions inside the Sun." -- Neutrino.

This is just one of at least five totally false statements about science that our Nicholas has made since his return here.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42192 on: October 22, 2020, 09:20:05 AM »
FYI: "The majority of neutrinos which are detected about the Earth are from nuclear reactions inside the Sun." -- Neutrino.

This is just one of at least five totally false statements about science that our Nicholas has made since his return here.

That was an error I was actually referring to neurons, an electric force within the body...but everything is God's living waters in disguise so just as all stars are the electric furnace that all matter springs into life from...technically, even by error, it is correct. I'm going out now so I'll catch up later.

Stranger

« Reply #42193 on: October 22, 2020, 09:36:59 AM »
That was an error I was actually referring to neurons, an electric force within the body...but everything is God's living waters in disguise so just as all stars are the electric furnace that all matter springs into life from...technically, even by error, it is correct. I'm going out now so I'll catch up later.

If you think the science is wrong, then you'll need to provide a detailed alternative hypothesis (that means learning science and maths) and then confirming it with some actual evidence (experiment or observation) - then you can publish in a reputable science journal and, no doubt, claim your Nobel prize.

Good luck with that.

ekim

« Reply #42194 on: October 22, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »
If you think the science is wrong, then you'll need to provide a detailed alternative hypothesis (that means learning science and maths) and then confirming it with some actual evidence (experiment or observation) - then you can publish in a reputable science journal and, no doubt, claim your Nobel prize.

Good luck with that.

.... or how about a science fiction/horror novel "Old Nick and the fiery lake of sulphur" or "Wormwood 2"

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42195 on: October 22, 2020, 10:48:10 AM »
.... or how about a science fiction/horror novel "Old Nick and the fiery lake of sulphur" or "Wormwood 2"

Nah.
C.S. Lewis beat him to it in his brilliant "Screwtape Letters" and "Wormwood's reply".

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42196 on: October 22, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »

Whoa.
Xonstantine may have interefered with church government, but he did not set it up.
Bishops are known from two and a half centuries before his time (not that I hold with episcopacy, but you are simply wrong)
As for the Trinity?
The first evidence (outside Matthew) comes from Egypt dating to no later than 110 AD, from a fragment which menyons the 'Godhead, Triune in nature'. Now, if I use my fingers correctly, that's well over two centuries before Constantine....try to be ACCURATE, old son......

I strongly recommend you read Hebrews 1…It supports everything I say…also…

Matthew 17:5, Mark 9:7, Luke 9:35, Matthew 3:17 ESV - He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased…also

1 John 4:15… Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Jesus Christ/Yahshua is a God…The Son of God is still a God, higher than the angels and equal to God if Jesus hadn’t declined God’s offer to him…and we must respect that…and the Biblical evidence supports that fact.

You may not think it important but I’m afraid the mechanics of our prayers demand we get it right.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42197 on: October 22, 2020, 02:00:52 PM »

Good luck with that.

John 4:14, KJV: "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." ... It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.

A good description of what I'm suggesting.

Stranger

« Reply #42198 on: October 22, 2020, 02:08:29 PM »
A good description of what I'm suggesting.

It's got bugger all to do with you making patently false statements about science. To which we can add, by the way, that neurons are an electric force (they are cells) and stars are an electric furnace (they are powered by nuclear fusion).

In what way do you imagine that you making up shit about science is connected to the bible verse you quoted?

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42199 on: October 22, 2020, 02:23:09 PM »

'Righteously', 'holy', 'spirit', 'spiritual energy'... those terms have no strict meaning and, outside of of 'righteously' perhaps, no subjective meaning either.  Show me something that validates the concept of 'spirit' or 'spiritual energy' - it's just make believe.

I'm not making any arguments, I don't need to.  I'm pointing out that you're using an awful lot of words to say nothing of any consequence, you'd be as well citing the psychic healing powers of unicorn manes because they also don't have any basis for being accepted as actual things.

I'm willing to risk it, you never know I might have an overactive (if invisible and intangible) 'nervous strength' gland.

And on that, if nothing else, we can agree.  Please know that I accept you're are attempting to convince people of something that you believe will be of benefit to them.  I disagree with your conclusions, but not with your motives.

Which, again, I can compare to heroin, or alcohol, or chocolate bars... And, like those things, they come with drawbacks and implications that impinge on people and society, this is not a situation where there is nothing to be lost by accepting these precepts.

O.

Before Einstein few realised that light was packet of energy with a fixed speed that can be solid, wave-form or gaseous in an instant...I know because it fits into the Grand Unification of the Universal Field Forces. and it all fits into the Holy Bible. In its purest form it is an invisible, superabundant, indestructible, dynamic energy, not to dissimilar to dark energy and dark matter combined, that is squashed into atoms via some very special mechanics. Mechanics which reverberate through the entire book of science and through every book in the Holy Bible...Now, it would be a pointless exercise to tell those who are saved...just at the moment...but those who are unsaved at this moment in time might just benefit from what I have to say.