Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3734260 times)

NicholasMarks

Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #42225 on: October 23, 2020, 01:58:48 PM »
What, in plain understandable English, are you talking about?

It means that by my past experience you are setting a little trap and I'm not playing along with it...even so I have since offered you what I have observed.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42226 on: October 23, 2020, 02:21:01 PM »
It means that by my past experience you are setting a little trap and I'm not playing along with it...even so I have since offered you what I have observed.
1. If you have been accurate, thete is no possibility of any trap being set, is there?
2. I must have missed where you specifically and clearly mentioned the observation to which you refer. Please point out that post and I will re-read.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #42227 on: October 23, 2020, 02:45:27 PM »
If you had bothered with your Holy Bible you would know that Almighty God uses people to do His bidding...

So, even assuming that is so, what has it to do with you spouting pseudo-science gibberish and telling porkies about real science?
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Outrider

« Reply #42228 on: October 23, 2020, 03:33:44 PM »
I know I can't win with you so I'm not going to try...but even so I will repeat what I know is true.

How do you 'know'?  My understanding is that the Bible teaches, amongst other things, that we're all imperfect and capable of being wrong.  Scientific enquiry is replete with examples of cognitive biases, hallucinations, category error perceptive flaws and other failures of our senses, understanding and memory that show us that the depth of our feeling on a particular matter is not necessarily a reliable indicator that we are correct.

A placeholder is something that appears to be their by way of calculation but is invisible...

It's not merely that it's invisible, any number of things are invisible that we can reliably demonstrate. It's that we have a singular effect from which we draw the conclusion of the existence of 'something', but that singular effect does not give us enough information to move on to reliable theories of what that something might be or how to detect or demonstrate it.

I have given that invisible place holder a name...

The two concepts already have names - Dark Matter and Dark Energy - but that doesn't give any more information about what they are, how they behave etc.

God's Living Waters...An invisible, indestructible, superabindnt, dynamic energy

That's meaningless.  All energy is 'invisible' it's  property not a thing. Matter and energy being indestructible is one of the foundational concepts of physics, that applies to everything. Superabundant is questionable - until we know more about what they might be, it's difficult to be precise about how much of either might be involved, but there are reasons to think that dark matter might be more abundant than the rest of the material we're aware of (and that we think is out there).  Dynamic? In what way is it 'dynamic'?

written of in the Holy Bible and which follows a line of logic which says that it built up into galaxy size clouds, millions of them, and by processes easily explained gave us the four universal field forces...

Again, what you choose to interpret from the Bible as informing quantum theory says more about you than about St Paul's grasp of quarks. If they're 'easily explained' how come we still don't have a unified theory, how come some Bishop somewhere isn't queuing up for his Nobel Prize for Physics with a copy of a speech in which he'd like to thank God for revealing science?

all science and much more besides...and if you care to read the Holy Bible and accept its wonderful instructions...you will see it too.

I've read it.  Its instructions are, at best, mixed, and at worst borderline racist tribal misogyny with a healthy dose of baseless superstition.  AMongst the many things I don't see in there are details of scientific enquiries into the nature of dark energy.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42229 on: October 23, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »

Anchorman, Seb, Stranger...

We are Biblically told that one day all will be revealed. It must all make sense, and it must cover all science, and it will come when all the Biblical signs are clearly visible in the Sun and the Moon, and the distress within them both is unmissable for those who actually look. Don't worry...That is, if you're fair minded, kind, willing to adopt righteousness as your way of life, and can feel the passion that Jesus Christ's sacrifice generates within us. Righteousness only works one way and it's promised to deliver all of our Deities promises to those who can repent in time...When that natural Biblical disaster falls we are told that no life would be left standing, but Almighty God will cut the chaos short in respect for the faithful, and I suggest we all try to be a little more faithful than we currently are.

Now...There is only one science that can explain the mechanics behind the stars falling to the Earth and when we see it, you will know I was right....strictly speaking, not me, but our Deity, who are in Heaven.

Sebastion Toe...Specially for you Seb.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42230 on: October 23, 2020, 04:20:51 PM »
How do you 'know'?  My understanding is that the Bible teaches, amongst other things, that we're all imperfect and capable of being wrong.  Scientific enquiry is replete with examples of cognitive biases, hallucinations, category error perceptive flaws and other failures of our senses, understanding and memory that show us that the depth of our feeling on a particular matter is not necessarily a reliable indicator that we are correct.

It's not merely that it's invisible, any number of things are invisible that we can reliably demonstrate. It's that we have a singular effect from which we draw the conclusion of the existence of 'something', but that singular effect does not give us enough information to move on to reliable theories of what that something might be or how to detect or demonstrate it.

The two concepts already have names - Dark Matter and Dark Energy - but that doesn't give any more information about what they are, how they behave etc.

That's meaningless.  All energy is 'invisible' it's  property not a thing. Matter and energy being indestructible is one of the foundational concepts of physics, that applies to everything. Superabundant is questionable - until we know more about what they might be, it's difficult to be precise about how much of either might be involved, but there are reasons to think that dark matter might be more abundant than the rest of the material we're aware of (and that we think is out there).  Dynamic? In what way is it 'dynamic'?

Again, what you choose to interpret from the Bible as informing quantum theory says more about you than about St Paul's grasp of quarks. If they're 'easily explained' how come we still don't have a unified theory, how come some Bishop somewhere isn't queuing up for his Nobel Prize for Physics with a copy of a speech in which he'd like to thank God for revealing science?

I've read it.  Its instructions are, at best, mixed, and at worst borderline racist tribal misogyny with a healthy dose of baseless superstition.  AMongst the many things I don't see in there are details of scientific enquiries into the nature of dark energy.

O.

If Dark Matter and Dark Energy are just convenient titles with no real definition or understanding then I am certainly entitled to give them my name...God's Living Waters...a property listed in Isaiah which Almighty God says is His Mighty Power...His Dynamic Energy...when He says...look into the heavens, who made these things with the superabundance of His Mighty Power/Dynamic Energy, not one is missing. If we can build stars from this material/energy then we can certainly build all science from it because all science is a manifestation of all the stars and gravity also fits into the equation when you read the Biblical clues properly. Now...everything I say is scientifically suggested by the known scientific behaviour of God's Living Waters...plus a few personal truths as well.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42231 on: October 23, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »
So, even assuming that is so, what has it to do with you spouting pseudo-science gibberish and telling porkies about real science?

I refer you to my last answer to Outrider...at 04:20:51 PM

Stranger

« Reply #42232 on: October 23, 2020, 05:17:38 PM »
If Dark Matter and Dark Energy are just convenient titles with no real definition or understanding then I am certainly entitled to give them my name...God's Living Waters...

You can call tomato soup "God's Living Waters" if you want but making up your own names for things just makes you look a bit daft.

...a property listed in Isaiah which Almighty God says is His Mighty Power...His Dynamic Energy...when He says...look into the heavens, who made these things with the superabundance of His Mighty Power/Dynamic Energy, not one is missing. If we can build stars from this material/energy then we can certainly build all science from it because all science is a manifestation of all the stars and gravity also fits into the equation when you read the Biblical clues properly.

More meaningless gibberish. Amongst other things, energy and power aren't the same, neither are material and energy so using the terms together with a '/' between them makes bugger all sense. Your use of the word 'science' also confirms that you have no clue what it means. Science is a methodology used to build models of the material world.

Now...everything I say is scientifically suggested by the known scientific behaviour of God's Living Waters...

If "God's Living Waters" is your own baby-talk name for dark energy and dark matter (as you indicated above) then this is another porky. None of your foolish gibberish is suggested by their known behaviour.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42233 on: October 23, 2020, 07:10:25 PM »

Sebastion Toe...Specially for you Seb.

Thanks Nick, it's all clear now...oh wait a minute, no it's not.

I can see two vague references which have an astronomy link
The first one is

"The Sun and the Moon, and the distress within them both is unmissable for those who actually look."

Is that the bit you refer to when you say that I must have seen the same thing(s?)as yourself?
That is of course if I am an amateur astonomer as I claim.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

ippy

« Reply #42234 on: October 23, 2020, 07:11:11 PM »
I refer you to my last answer to Outrider...at 04:20:51 PM

There's no need to go into never ending letter mode Nick if you do send a reply, but I was wondering? Going right back to your last letter writing flurry a year ago or more, with all of those past posts of yours  you never did seem to get your head around the fact that you cant use the bible as proof of the words in the bible.

Now In this current flurry you're still showing signs that your position on this hasn't changed, this approach of yours seems totally illogical Nick.

It's a bit worrying to think you seem to be totally unable to grasp this concept that you can't in fact use the bible to prove the bible, it's just plain daft to even try to do this Nick, is there anything you can do about this blind spot of yours?

ippy.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42235 on: October 23, 2020, 07:41:29 PM »
There's no need to go into never ending letter mode Nick if you do send a reply, but I was wondering? Going right back to your last letter writing flurry a year ago or more, with all of those past posts of yours  you never did seem to get your head around the fact that you cant use the bible as proof of the words in the bible.

Now In this current flurry you're still showing signs that your position on this hasn't changed, this approach of yours seems totally illogical Nick.

It's a bit worrying to think you seem to be totally unable to grasp this concept that you can't in fact use the bible to prove the bible, it's just plain daft to even try to do this Nick, is there anything you can do about this blind spot of yours?

ippy.

Your sciences say there should be unification between the four fundamental field forces but they are stuck on gravity...The Holy Bible has no problem at all...remember, Jesus walked on water and that was a message to us all that he had the science of gravity taped...and I know why.

Our Deity spells out a period of great tribulations looming that will build up into a devastating period with earthquakes, plagues, wars and rumours of wars, great distress of all nations, and much more...and I know why.

There is a message in the Holy Bible that the stars will fall to the Earth and this is the result and the proof of the science I am trying to explain, but your ears are closed.

Jesus Christ said that if we harness this indestructible energy...God's Living Waters, that built all the stars and atoms, in the way he, Jesus, taught us, we will be best protected from everything coming on the Earth, and I'm giving you the heads up.

He also said that those listed in Revelation 21:8 have a very serious problem because we all have a spiritual remnant that will either enjoy everlasting life, here on planet Earth, in peace, harmony, good health, good order and a wonderful, righteous existence, else spend all eternity swirling around a hostile sulphurous fiery planet, caused by a natural disaster foreseen and harnessed by Almighty God to express His Final Judgment on this planet...and I've given you a heads up about that as well...but I can't repent for you, and I cant change your attitudes for you, and I cant do more than I'm doing now.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42236 on: October 23, 2020, 07:51:41 PM »
You can call tomato soup "God's Living Waters" if you want but making up your own names for things just makes you look a bit daft.

More meaningless gibberish. Amongst other things, energy and power aren't the same, neither are material and energy so using the terms together with a '/' between them makes bugger all sense. Your use of the word 'science' also confirms that you have no clue what it means. Science is a methodology used to build models of the material world.

If "God's Living Waters" is your own baby-talk name for dark energy and dark matter (as you indicated above) then this is another porky. None of your foolish gibberish is suggested by their known behaviour.

Round and round in circular argument just to ensure that you don't have to lift one brain cell to save yourselves...that's ok with me...but my brief is to forewarn you all before all the great tribulations kick off and I think I'm doing quite well. The message will remain the same wherever I speak it, we are either lost or saved the decision, at the moment, is ours...because God will save all those who repent as long as they aren't stubborn or awkward about the science of righteousness.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 07:53:58 PM by NicholasMarks »

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42237 on: October 23, 2020, 07:57:26 PM »
Thanks Nick, it's all clear now...oh wait a minute, no it's not.

I can see two vague references which have an astronomy link
The first one is

"The Sun and the Moon, and the distress within them both is unmissable for those who actually look."

Is that the bit you refer to when you say that I must have seen the same thing(s?)as yourself?
That is of course if I am an amateur astonomer as I claim.

I see the same trap being set.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42238 on: October 23, 2020, 09:31:20 PM »

Round and round in circular argument just to ensure that you don't have to lift one brain cell to save yourselves...that's ok with me...but my brief is to forewarn you all before all the great tribulations kick off and I think I'm doing quite well. The message will remain the same wherever I speak it, we are either lost or saved the decision, at the moment, is ours...because God will save all those who repent as long as they aren't stubborn or awkward about the science of righteousness.

Hmmmmm
You mean, you have a Bible which says "All who call upon the name of the Lord, believing in the science of righteousness, shall be saved'?
Wow.....that's a new translation on me......
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42239 on: October 23, 2020, 10:15:30 PM »

I see the same trap being set.
You can only he "trapped" if you are not telling the truth.
What is it?
Albert Einstein

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
    • Atheist Annotated Bible
« Reply #42240 on: October 24, 2020, 03:32:32 AM »
I was reading some of the threads and it is abundantly clear that people do not seek the truth regarding God but simply reasons to keep from believing in him.

In doing so they ignore the very warnings and signs of the times.
If people read the bible in a manner that sought to know God...how many would be so ignorant of those signs?

Difficult to say really. The Jehovah's Witnesses did that, sought truth regarding God and thankfully done away with a great deal of nonsensical tradition, but misinterpreted the hell out of prophecy due to their own religiosity. Their false prophecies, for example, some of their past prohibitions on vaccinations, organ transplants, and changing position on neutrality.

Also, the signs even they, having removed all nonsensical pagan influence, would still need to be given with accuracy and considering the mainstream media's distortion of reality, in full swing since the 1980s the question would be where are they going to get those signs? Currently those signs possibly could be discovered by filtering through the "conspiracy theories" prevalent on the Internet  but then again the world is, by definition, conspiratorial.

“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.” ― Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
« Reply #42241 on: October 24, 2020, 03:34:44 AM »
The people of JESUS' time thought the same thing.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, but you see, we are all going to die.
“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.” ― Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
« Reply #42242 on: October 24, 2020, 04:02:54 AM »
* Not the actual lyric, but BA might think I'm swearing if I use the correct one.

Isn't that odd? I was raised by an atheist father and irreligious mother who taught me that there is no such thing as obscene words. Even at a very early age I wasn't restricted in any real way with what words I could use, much to the astonishment of the kids I grew up with.

Swearing? Taking an oath. Cursing? Calling evil upon; damn. People are weird.

Jesus and his disciples used the Greek word katebole to describe the founding of the world. That word is exactly the same in meaning as the English word fuck, "laying or throwing down seed." People think the term "founding of the world" means the creation of the Earth, and it doesn't. The founding of the world is the time in between Adam's sin and the conception of Adam and Eve's first child. The Greek word is also used at Hebrews 11:11 in reference to Abraham and Sarah's conception of their first child, Isaac.

I posted on an alleged Christian forum prior to this (much better forum) where any "curse" word would get the post immediately deleted. Well, then, there are several passages from various translations of the Bible which I couldn't post. Piss 1 Samuel 25:22; 2 Kings 18:27; Isaiah 36:12 (KJV) Bastard Deuteronomy 23:2; Hebrews 12:8 (KJV) Sonofabitch 1 Samuel 20:30 (CLB)

Bloody isn't a "curse word" in American English. Fagg, queer, gay all have everchanging meanings. As a homosexual who no longer practices due to my Bible beliefs I used those terms in a derogatory and non-derogatory way with my gay friends.

Words are fascinating. The word God for example . . . let's not revisit that here. We've totally sidetracked two threads with that so I made my own and hopefully that will be the end of that.

Owlswing

« Reply #42243 on: October 24, 2020, 04:05:41 AM »

Difficult to say really. The Jehovah's Witnesses did that, sought the truth regarding God and thankfully done away with a great deal of nonsensical tradition, but misinterpreted the hell out of prophecy due to their own religiosity. Their false prophecies, for example, some of their past prohibitions on vaccinations, organ transplants, and changing position on neutrality.

Also, the signs even they, having removed all nonsensical pagan influence, would still need to be given with accuracy and considering the mainstream media's distortion of reality, in full swing since the 1980s the question would be where are they going to get those signs? Currently, those signs possibly could be discovered by filtering through the "conspiracy theories" prevalent on the Internet but then again the world is, by definition, conspiratorial.

Please explain what you mean by the words highlighted in red above.

)O(
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
« Reply #42244 on: October 24, 2020, 04:06:24 AM »
The average Year 6, has no effective concept of God upon which to make any decisions.

Only because generally speaking the adults who instruct them have none to give. If you talk to a 4 or 5 year old Jehovah's Witness child they do.

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
« Reply #42245 on: October 24, 2020, 04:11:25 AM »
Please explain what you mean by the words highlighted in red above.

)O(

You're just going to harp on me incessantly, aren't you? Pagan meaning outside of, as in outside of Christian teaching. There is nothing wrong with pagan. Windchimes, tombstones, wedding rings, baptism are all pagan in origin. Nonsensical pagan influence in Christianity would be the immortal soul from Socrates, hell from Milton and Dante, trinity from Plato, cross from Constantine, rapture from Darby, Christmas from the winter solstice and Easter from Astarte the pagan goddess of fertility who's symbols were the egg, cross and rabbits. Urns found in ancient Ur depicting the cross, a pagan phallic symbol, the rabbit and egg are found with the charred remains of children sacrificed to Astarte. That's where Easter comes from. 

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
« Reply #42246 on: October 24, 2020, 04:14:45 AM »

Acts 24:15 - and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
« Reply #42247 on: October 24, 2020, 04:45:15 AM »

Your sciences say there should be unification between the four fundamental field forces but they are stuck on gravity...The Holy Bible has no problem at all...remember, Jesus walked on water and that was a message to us all that he had the science of gravity taped...and I know why.

Our Deity spells out a period of great tribulations looming that will build up into a devastating period with earthquakes, plagues, wars and rumours of wars, great distress of all nations, and much more...and I know why.

There is a message in the Holy Bible that the stars will fall to the Earth and this is the result and the proof of the science I am trying to explain, but your ears are closed.

Jesus Christ said that if we harness this indestructible energy...God's Living Waters, that built all the stars and atoms, in the way he, Jesus, taught us, we will be best protected from everything coming on the Earth, and I'm giving you the heads up.

He also said that those listed in Revelation 21:8 have a very serious problem because we all have a spiritual remnant that will either enjoy everlasting life, here on planet Earth, in peace, harmony, good health, good order and a wonderful, righteous existence, else spend all eternity swirling around a hostile sulphurous fiery planet, caused by a natural disaster foreseen and harnessed by Almighty God to express His Final Judgment on this planet...and I've given you a heads up about that as well...but I can't repent for you, and I cant change your attitudes for you, and I cant do more than I'm doing now.

You're mixing things all up in order to come to some quasi-scientific interpretation of scripture. Science often attempts to appease current understanding, which is extremely limited, by applying itself to scripture. For example, they assume the celestial references in the book of Revelation are the product of an ignorant and superstitious people when in fact they are figurative references to social and political upheaval.

Isaiah 13:10 refers to the destruction God would bring upon Babylon in 539 BCE. Jeremiah 4:27-28 is a similar reference to the destruction of Israel in 607 BCE. Matthew 24:29 and Revelation 6:12 refers to the destruction of the world. New environment, new people and new government.

Falling stars from heaven refers to disobedient angels being hurled down to earth along with Satan by Michael in the war in heaven.   

Stranger

« Reply #42248 on: October 24, 2020, 08:24:46 AM »
Round and round in circular argument just to ensure that you don't have to lift one brain cell to save yourselves...that's ok with me...but my brief is to forewarn you all before all the great tribulations kick off and I think I'm doing quite well.

Is that a joke?

You're pretending to know about science when you obviously know nothing and what little you say about it that isn't meaningless is simply wrong. Your words demonstrate that you're dishonest or ignorant (or both), so who's going to listen to any actual message you may have?

If you dropped the pretence about science you might even be taken a bit more seriously.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42249 on: October 24, 2020, 09:50:00 AM »
You can only he "trapped" if you are not telling the truth.
What is it?

There was once a man...working around the Jerusalem area who never told a single lie and because of it people tried to catch him out...they would ask him a question ready to pounce on his answer...but Jesus saw it coming and gave a better answer...now...I'm not as clever as Jesus and I have told a few fibs in my time but if I sense a similar trap I will tell you.