Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3734423 times)

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #42275 on: October 24, 2020, 01:45:11 PM »
Science erupts out of every page of the Holy Bible and from that we can deduce that the person responsible for the Holy Bible knows a thing or two about science.

Unmitigated drivel.

The key thing to realise is the the superabundant, indestructible energy that built all the galaxies, all the stars and all the atoms, are Biblically referred to as God's Living Waters, God's Dynamic Energy, God's Mighty Power...

Gibberish.

...and from their we can build the Grand Unification of the Four Universal Forces...

Go on then, do so. Again, any clueless idiot can just say they can do this, you need to actually do it. Hint: you're going to need to use a lot of mathematics.
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42276 on: October 24, 2020, 01:48:53 PM »
Except "clash of dimensions" is just meaningless gibberish until and unless you define what you mean by "dimension", and then tell us what it means for them to clash.

More drivel. What about the "heart of all atom" (nucleus)? How can it "include the living cell", which are made of trillions of atoms?

So, what's the solution? Any idiot can say they have a solution.

I would have thought it was more than obvious what I mean by dimensions, here. We live in one...we study it daily and have a whole book of scientific knowledge about it. The first, primary dimension must have existed before the big-bang and though the size and the dimensions of it must have been much the same as ours there wasn't much activity going on except many huge, dense clouds of God's Living Waters, drifting around it and building up to the size and density that is represented by the size and density of the galaxies that they subsequently spawned. When God's hadron collider sprung into action the dense clouds spun up into storms and tornadoes and the clash of dimensions left our high speed dimension swirling outward away from the epicentre travelling through and over the primary dimension...and all the evidence is captured in the existence of galaxies, stars, atoms, life, black-holes and gravity...as they are all scientifically presented to us today. Two primary dimensions...one universe...and the Holy Bible gave us the first clue.

Here endeth the second lesson.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 02:04:59 PM by NicholasMarks »

Stranger

« Reply #42277 on: October 24, 2020, 01:57:37 PM »
I would have thought it was more than obvious what I mean by dimensions, here. We live in one...

No, we don't. Look, when they say "in/from another dimension" in Dr Who, or Star Trek, or whatever, that isn't science, it doesn't mean anything in real scientific terms, it's just gibberish to impress people who know bugger all about science, like you.

The first, primary dimension must have existed before the big-bang and though the size and the dimensions of it must have been much the same as ours there wasn't much activity going on except many huge, dense clouds of God's Living Waters, drifting around it and building up to the size and density that is represented by the size and density of the galaxies that they subsequently spawned. When Gods hadron collider sprung into action the dense clouds spun up into storms and tornadoes and the clash of dimensions left our high speed dimension swirling outward away from the epicentre travelling through and over the primary dimension...and all the evidence is captured in the existence of galaxies, stars, atoms, life, black-holes and gravity...as they are all scientifically presented to us today. Two primary dimensions...one universe...and the Holy Bible gave us the first clue.

More baseless gibberish.      ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42278 on: October 24, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »
No, we don't. Look, when they say "in/from another dimension" in Dr Who, or Star Trek, or whatever, that isn't science, it doesn't mean anything in real scientific terms, it's just gibberish to impress people who know bugger all about science, like you.

More baseless gibberish.      ::)

Of course it's gibberish to you...you have no Biblical grounding and as the repair programme requires such a grounding I'm afraid you will fail the test...unless you make a start asap.

Stranger

« Reply #42279 on: October 24, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
Of course it's gibberish to you...you have no Biblical grounding and as the repair programme requires such a grounding I'm afraid you will fail the test...unless you make a start asap.

Evasion noted. You keep on making grand claims about science and then just spouting meaningless nonsense. Either you have science or you don't. If you do, then post it, with all your terms defined and all the mathematics (no, you can't unify the forces with gibberish, you need mathematics).

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
    • Atheist Annotated Bible
« Reply #42280 on: October 24, 2020, 02:53:56 PM »
Some for everlasting life and others to eternal damnation.

Eventually yes. The resurrection of the unrighteous is due to the fact that not everyone who has ever been born has had the privilege of being introduced to the good news. They lived in a time or place where it wasn't available, so they are resurrected and given the chance to decide whether they want to be on God's side and receive everlasting life or Satan's side receiving everlasting destruction. That is why Satan is sent to the Abys in the book or Revelation and then released. Once the unrighteous are instructed on God's purpose and promise Satan is allowed to give them the alternative, which many will prefer. 

Those people will have the unique possibility of a second death, from which there is no resurrection. That's why the symbolic lake of fire is called the second death. It symbolises everlasting destruction.

High Theoretical Skeptic...I'm more interested in those who are volunteering for eternal damnation at the moment.

Eternal destruction. That is their choice and one to be respected. God gives us a choice and both are acceptable to him. 

I enjoyed reading through some of your points...especially about the Jehovah's Witnesses...I am a great fan of theirs.

I see. Keep in mind that I don't speak on their behalf, I don't represent them. 

Now, on the point of the stars falling to the Earth...in the Holy Bible there are many points made that have tandem references and this may be one, but the meaning to which I refer is at the end of the Great Tribulations which will result in a particular way and indicates that the planet Earth will be impacted in a specific way.

Yes. The stars (angels) are hurled to earth with Satan, and this impacts earth in a specific way. Bad. The JWs say this happened in 1914, but that isn't necessarily accurate. They've had a few false prophecies spring from that conclusion. 

This planet, along with the Sun and all of the Milky Way are proceeding through the universe at high-speed. If, by impact of some rogue celestial body, as indicated by the reference to Wormwood and the fiery lake of sulphur, this planet stalls...separated from that high-speed motion, then the stars will all appear to be coming towards us...but worse than this, all the elements would dissolve, in an instant, all at the same time, now don't ask me about the science that tells me this, it's all in the Holy Bible, and no one can understand it all anyway...but we had better be ready.

Wormwood or absinthe is a woody plant that has an extremely bitter taste. In the Bible it is used to represent immorality (Proverbs 5:4), and bitter experiences like that of Jerusalem's destruction by the Babylonians (Jeremiah 9:15; 23:15). It can also represent injustice and unrighteousness (Amos 5:7; 6:12) Apostacy (Deuteronomy 29:18) and in the case of Revelation 8:11, the poisonous absinthe.

Revelation 8:10-11 uses Wormwood to represent the teachings of false religion. A large portion of the life giving fresh water of Jehovah's true word (Revelation 1:16, 20; 3:1)  is turned to bitter poison  by  false religion causing the spiritual death of a large portion of people.

A new heaven and new earth represents the destruction of the world. Satan's system. Governments, commerce, false religion.  Jehovah's kingdom replaces all of that and the meek live forever upon the earth. So the chaos and destruction represented by celestial phenomenon isn't literal. Stars are huge. They don't fall to earth without destroying it literally.
“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.” ― Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Stranger

« Reply #42281 on: October 24, 2020, 02:54:24 PM »
Of course it's gibberish to you...

Are you going to admit to latching on to science fiction techno-babble nonsense and mistaking it for real science or is your argument going to be that the science fiction techno-babble nonsense actually means something? If so, what does it mean? You still haven't defined 'dimension'...

ippy

« Reply #42282 on: October 24, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »
Nick you still don't get it that your bible can't be used as evidence that supports itself?

It's nothing to do with rocket science Nick!

Good to see you in direct communication with your US, T S soulmate, I'm sure there will be a much greater understanding between you two than the rest of us would ever be able to achieve.

ippy.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42283 on: October 24, 2020, 03:36:54 PM »

I will start slowly and clearly, and do it in bits...encouraged by your responses...especially Biblical responses ...You see...the first clues are extrapolated from the Holy Bible. Almighty God doesn't reside in our dimension we live in a separate dimension to the Heavenly dimension. Two dimensions need a scientific explanation. Well, there are two primary dimensions...The pre-bang-bang dimension and our own high-speed, expanding dimension...we see evidence of these two dimensions clashing with each other all the time.

Here endeth the first lesson.

How does that explain:

separated from that high-speed motion, then the stars will all appear to be coming towards us...
???
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Theoretical Skeptic

• Bible Believer
    • Atheist Annotated Bible
« Reply #42284 on: October 24, 2020, 03:39:32 PM »
Nick you still don't get it that your bible can't be used as evidence that supports itself?

Why on earth not?
“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.” ― Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42285 on: October 24, 2020, 04:10:51 PM »
How does that explain:
???

I will refer you back to my reply that we will start slowly and be guided by your response. Biblical courtesy is required if you want to learn how to be saved. You should start now because salvation builds upon it...you being nice, kind, understanding and prepared to be, well, errr, righteous. Lesson two is already posted if you care to look for it...but if you don't like it try saying it politely because later you will be glad you listened...and learned common respect...Biblically summed up as love thy neighbour.

Stranger

« Reply #42286 on: October 24, 2020, 04:29:46 PM »
Why on earth not?

In what way do you think it can without making the argument circular?

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42287 on: October 24, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »

It's nothing to do with rocket science Nick!

Good to see you in direct communication with your US, T S soulmate, I'm sure there will be a much greater understanding between you two than the rest of us would ever be able to achieve.

ippy.

When all the statements and declarations in the Holy Bible give such a thorough understanding of modern day science it becomes a very valid book of scientific reference. Particularly the bits that say our health is linked to our thinking and behaviour and that righteous thinking soothes and calms our inner being which I have interpreted as our genetic health, and that all our ill health is directly invoked by our sins starving our genetic health of the spiritual energy they hunger and thirst for. It's only a step further to suggest that this genetic starvation is what drives the living cell to go hostile and refuse to obey the normal genetic good order that the human cell normally prefers...and it's all in the Holy Bible...especially the Gospels. I strongly recommend it to you.

Stranger

« Reply #42288 on: October 24, 2020, 04:32:55 PM »
Biblical courtesy is required if you want to learn how to be saved. You should start now because salvation builds upon it...you being nice, kind, understanding and prepared to be, well, errr, righteous.

How do you reconcile bearing false witness about science, as you have done multiple times, with being "righteous"?

Stranger

« Reply #42289 on: October 24, 2020, 04:35:27 PM »
When all the statements and declarations in the Holy Bible give such a thorough understanding of modern day science it becomes a very valid book of scientific reference.

There you go bearing false witness yet again.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #42290 on: October 24, 2020, 04:38:59 PM »
In what way do you think it can without making the argument circular?
But many of Nick's 'arguments' are not circular - since most of the gibberish he spouts is not in the Bible at all (or anywhere else except his own confused head). This is one instance where ippy simply confuses the issue - possibly because he has so little knowledge of the Bible himself. His point would be valid in countering the witterings of many a fundamentalist, but not in the instance old Nicky boy.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #42291 on: October 24, 2020, 04:39:30 PM »

I will refer you back to my reply that we will start slowly and be guided by your response. Biblical courtesy is required if you want to learn how to be saved. You should start now because salvation builds upon it...you being nice, kind, understanding and prepared to be, well, errr, righteous. Lesson two is already posted if you care to look for it...but if you don't like it try saying it politely because later you will be glad you listened...and learned common respect...Biblically summed up as love thy neighbour.
I have respectfully read both of your replies/lessons.
Neither of which, in my eyes go anywhere near in explaining;

"
separated from that high-speed motion, then the stars will all appear to be coming towards us..."

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe your lessons are not specific enough to answer the question?

Is there any way that you can, plainly and simply answer the query that say someone who has not got your biblical knowledge would be able to understand.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Stranger

« Reply #42292 on: October 24, 2020, 04:43:22 PM »
But many of Nick's 'arguments' are not circular - since most of the gibberish he spouts is not in the Bible at all (or anywhere else except his own confused head). This is one instance where ippy simply confuses the issue - possibly because he has so little knowledge of the Bible himself. His point would be valid in countering the witterings of many a fundamentalist, but not in the instance old Nicky boy.

You're absolutely right about the gibberish NM comes out with, of course. I was addressing the comment to TS since he jumped in.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42293 on: October 24, 2020, 04:54:36 PM »
There you go bearing false witness yet again.

You haven't even got your head round the fact that the entire universe and all its sciences are the wonderful expression of God's Living Waters...His Mighty Power...His Dynamic Energy...spoken of in Isaiah...May I suggest, as I did with ippy, that you make this your main concern by reading the Holy Bible, because the fullness of Revelation is being advanced each second and there is a lot of work to be done.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #42294 on: October 24, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »
You haven't even got your head round the fact that the entire universe and all its sciences are the wonderful expression of God's Living Waters...His Mighty Power...His Dynamic Energy...spoken of in Isaiah...May I suggest, as I did with ippy, that you make this your main concern by reading the Holy Bible, because the fullness of Revelation is being advanced each second and there is a lot of work to be done.
'Dynamic energy' is not in any reliable translation of the Bible, either in Isaiah or any other scripture therein.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #42295 on: October 24, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »
Start by learning some Hebrew, Aramaic and Koine Greek. People might begin to trust you more.
And of course, learn what the word 'science' means nowadays, and read a few basic texts on its basic disciplines.

Le Bon David

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42296 on: October 24, 2020, 05:05:14 PM »
I have respectfully read both of your replies/lessons.
Neither of which, in my eyes go anywhere near in explaining;

"
separated from that high-speed motion, then the stars will all appear to be coming towards us..."

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe your lessons are not specific enough to answer the question?

Is there any way that you can, plainly and simply answer the query that say someone who has not got your biblical knowledge would be able to understand.

I'm not sure how you can expect to understand if you refuse to read the Holy Bible. Almighty God claims exclusive ownership of the static dimension which has a history prior to the big-bang and this secondary dimension...the expanding dimension we live in rides through and over that static dimension and if we pray as Jesus taught us we will gain a prayerful access into that dimension which delivers a peaceful, tranquil and wonderful feeling of well being because we have taken a positive step towards righteousness.

Stranger

« Reply #42297 on: October 24, 2020, 05:11:09 PM »
You haven't even got your head round the fact that the entire universe and all its sciences are the wonderful expression of God's Living Waters...His Mighty Power...His Dynamic Energy...spoken of in Isaiah...

Baseless, nonsensical, and scientifically illiterate* assertion. You also don't appear to get that science is a methodology. Human do science, the universe doesn't have any "sciences", the universe is what science investigates.

May I suggest, as I did with ippy, that you make this your main concern by reading the Holy Bible, because the fullness of Revelation is being advanced each second and there is a lot of work to be done.

I have read the bible, which is another reason (apart from the drivel you talk about science) that I know you're talking nonsense.

* It can't be both power and energy, they mean different things, and the universe is not an "expression" of either.

Stranger

« Reply #42298 on: October 24, 2020, 05:14:16 PM »
Almighty God claims exclusive ownership of the static dimension which has a history prior to the big-bang and this secondary dimension...the expanding dimension we live in rides through and over that static dimension and if we pray as Jesus taught us we will gain a prayerful access into that dimension which delivers a peaceful, tranquil and wonderful feeling of well being because we have taken a positive step towards righteousness.

And you're still using the word 'dimension' as if the science fiction techno-babble version actually means something (which it doesn't). Scientifically, your use of the word is nonsensical.

ippy

« Reply #42299 on: October 24, 2020, 06:35:31 PM »

How much knowledge of the bible do you think is necessary to have before it would dawn on the average person something like, 'hang on there's something not quiet right about this lot', especially the magical, mystical and superstition based parts thereof.

I suspect not that much knowledge would be needed, but hey N M's found a soulmate, you never know they might even be able to understand each other's posts? 

ippy.