Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3733625 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #42350 on: October 25, 2020, 09:00:52 PM »

When I say accurate I am referring to how Jesus taught us and not how all the intellectuals you seem to admire taught us. There is a wonderful science within that accurate teaching. The Great Tribulations of Revelation are looming...at the door, in fact...but you all seem oblivious to them and they are getting worse. So, even though you don't like the honest truth, at least someone has tried to help you all...and when you see with your own eyes the things I have warned you about you will be glad that someone has given you the foreknowledge of what's going on.

You appear to have difficulty being accurate about the word 'accurate'.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42351 on: October 25, 2020, 09:22:57 PM »

You appear to have difficulty being accurate about the word 'accurate'.

That's ok...a complex science can't be understood by everyone...but in the final analysis you will find that your nervous strength...all the power within atoms, within stars, within galaxies is all the same stuff, just packaged differently and it can be harnessed in a wonderful way...but we need the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ to understand it all.

Outrider

« Reply #42352 on: October 26, 2020, 09:06:37 AM »
If Dark Matter and Dark Energy are just convenient titles with no real definition or understanding then I am certainly entitled to give them my name...God's Living Waters...

You're entitled to call anything you'd like whatever you choose, but giving it a name doesn't explain it, that requires a mechanistic description.

...a property listed in Isaiah which Almighty God says is His Mighty Power...

To be clear, a 'property' ascribed to a purported deity by someone in a collection of works which include a number of demonstrably false statements and countless unsubstantiated (and probably unsubstantiable) claims.

His Dynamic Energy...when He says...look into the heavens, who made these things with the superabundance of His Mighty Power/Dynamic Energy, not one is missing.

And the Hindus put this 'creation' down to another deity, and each of the Native American tribal traditions have their own supernatural claim, and the ancient Egyptians had Geb and Nut... your chose story is just one amongst hundreds with no more nor less evidentiary basis - which is to say, none.

If we can build stars from this material/energy then we can certainly build all science from it because all science is a manifestation of all the stars and gravity also fits into the equation when you read the Biblical clues properly.

You can't build 'science', science is a method not an object.  You can, indeed, explain all the other parts of the physical universe from the same rules and raw materials that you can use to explain the origin of stars, because stars are another manifestation of the physical universe - this says nothing as to your assertions of an extra-universal director of affairs.

Now...everything I say is scientifically suggested by the known scientific behaviour of God's Living Waters...plus a few personal truths as well.

No, everything you say is asserted by a collection of bronze-age fairy tales, paralleled by equally unevidenced claims from numerous other traditions around the globe.  There is no 'science' in your assertions - no hypothesis, no description of the means of falsification or validation, no demonstration of the data supporting or refuting the claim...  you misuse the term science to try to co-opt the hard-won authority of centuries of painstaking, rigorous, detailed, peer-reviewed work for your belief system's assertions.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42353 on: October 26, 2020, 09:15:23 AM »

That's ok...a complex science can't be understood by everyone...but in the final analysis you will find that your nervous strength...all the power within atoms, within stars, within galaxies is all the same stuff, just packaged differently and it can be harnessed in a wonderful way...but we need the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ to understand it all.

Prove it.
Go on, that's what science is supposed to do.
Propound a theory backed up by demonstrable fact, not language gleaned from Star Trek or the back of a cornflakes packet, and the most disreputable translation of the Bible in history.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #42354 on: October 26, 2020, 09:19:13 AM »
In a breakthrough in electrical christianity, the pope now says he approves of AC/DC.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42355 on: October 26, 2020, 10:13:56 AM »
In a breakthrough in electrical christianity, the pope now says he approves of AC/DC.

What the pope doesn't care too much about is that AC/DC as you call it, is the result of genetic disturbances that the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ can address. The world is sex-mad and that is quite different to loving relationships. But without going into any scientific detail...we will find, at the end of the day, that there are specific scientific reasons why the 144000 chosen ones will also be  those who make themselves virgins in the blood of the lamb...They have obeyed Jesus about promiscuity, and this will deliver a wonderful advantage over our physical and spiritual health and it will be the melody
behind their new song that they will all be singing...and all those saved will want to listen to that song...it will be a science about repairing our eternal health...in the name of Jesus Christ/Yahshua.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:24:05 AM by NicholasMarks »

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #42356 on: October 26, 2020, 10:24:27 AM »

What the pope doesn't care to much about is that AC/DC as you call it, is the result of genetic disturbances that the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ can address. The world is sex-mad and that is quite different to loving relationships. But without going into any scientific detail...we will find, at the end of the day, that there are specific scientific reasons why the 144000 chosen ones will also be  those who make themselves virgins in the blood of the lamb
I'm not sure that belief doesn't count as scientism which I find myself at odds with.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42357 on: October 26, 2020, 10:38:18 AM »

What the pope doesn't care too much about is that AC/DC as you call it, is the result of genetic disturbances that the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ can address. The world is sex-mad and that is quite different to loving relationships. But without going into any scientific detail...we will find, at the end of the day, that there are specific scientific reasons why the 144000 chosen ones will also be  those who make themselves virgins in the blood of the lamb...They have obeyed Jesus about promiscuity, and this will deliver a wonderful advantage over our physical and spiritual health and it will be the melody
behind their new song that they will all be singing...and all those saved will want to listen to that song...it will be a science about repairing our eternal health...in the name of Jesus Christ/Yahshua.

Talking about songs...
The guitar work's good as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1bofa9mQa0

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42358 on: October 26, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »

Prove it.
Go on, that's what science is supposed to do.
Propound a theory backed up by demonstrable fact, not language gleaned from Star Trek or the back of a cornflakes packet, and the most disreputable translation of the Bible in history.

You are starting out in a bad frame of mind so I know that we wont get far. You too want to separate science from the Holy Bible but the many teachings of Jesus amount to a wonderful science and puts the owner of that science firmly upon His omnipotent pedestal...His throne, in Heaven, and whom our saviour, Yahshua/Jesus Christ sits next to, at His right hand.

The science is indisputable...Albert Einstein knew everything was energy and Nikola Tesla brought that energy alive for us to enjoy in this modern age...but Jesus showed us how the purest form of that energy works in our everyday life if we follow the rules correctly...even delivering the power of rebirth because those that follow him/Jesus will never die...they are reborn...and if you need further proof there are many accounts on YouTube and in the Libraries which explore these events...and when you are on the righteous repair programme even your subconscious mind might throw up such an event in your own life...but the science demands that we pursue it all via the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42359 on: October 26, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »
I'm not sure that belief doesn't count as scientism which I find myself at odds with.

I have never looked as scientism but from what I understand, I am at odds with them as well.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42360 on: October 26, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »

You are starting out in a bad frame of mind so I know that we wont get far. You too want to separate science from the Holy Bible but the many teachings of Jesus amount to a wonderful science and puts the owner of that science firmly upon His omnipotent pedestal...His throne, in Heaven, and whom our saviour, Yahshua/Jesus Christ sits next to, at His right hand.

The science is indisputable...Albert Einstein knew everything was energy and Nikola Tesla brought that energy alive for us to enjoy in this modern age...but Jesus showed us how the purest form of that energy works in our everyday life if we follow the rules correctly...even delivering the power of rebirth because those that follow him/Jesus will never die...they are reborn...and if you need further proof there are many accounts on YouTube and in the Libraries which explore these events...and when you are on the righteous repair programme even your subconscious mind might throw up such an event in your own life...but the science demands that we pursue it all via the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

I'm having haggis today for lunch.
At least one of the admittely few offal ingredients it does not include is codswallop, so I don't need to digest this as well.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #42361 on: October 26, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »

I have never looked as scientism but from what I understand, I am at odds with them as well.
I believe in the importance of recognising science and what I shall refer to as 'things spiritual' are differing domains of experience. Scientism seeks to express everything in terms of science and that which is not subject to science as non existent. This I would move is incorrect and there is no need to discuss things spiritual in terms of science.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42362 on: October 26, 2020, 11:33:37 AM »
I believe in the importance of recognising science and what I shall refer to as 'things spiritual' are differing domains of experience. Scientism seeks to express everything in terms of science and that which is not subject to science as non existent. This I would move is incorrect and there is no need to discuss things spiritual in terms of science.

The problem is, I've been given a task to do and showing that beneath the Holy Bible is a wonderful science called Righteousness meets with my instructions...even though it is still too advanced for many...but, according to all the distress in our daily skies, we are working against the clock.

SusanDoris

« Reply #42363 on: October 26, 2020, 11:39:24 AM »
For me, NM joining this thread again has taken all the interest out of reading the rational posts and I'm probably missing some good, i.e. rational, posts, but I can't stand even attempting to listen to NM's, so I'll just pick the occasional good one until he goes again.

The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #42364 on: October 26, 2020, 11:48:00 AM »
For me, NM joining this thread again has taken all the interest out of reading the rational posts and I'm probably missing some good, i.e. rational, posts, but I can't stand even attempting to listen to NM's, so I'll just pick the occasional good one until he goes again.

Specially for you Susan... goodbye.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #42365 on: October 26, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »
NM posting cannot possibly have any bearing on the quality or quantity of the posting of other people. If people are not producing the brilliance you seek that is down to them without blaming Nicholas Marks.

Why not try producing something of note yourself?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #42366 on: October 26, 2020, 12:22:26 PM »
The problem is, I've been given a task to do and showing that beneath the Holy Bible is a wonderful science called Righteousness meets with my instructions...even though it is still too advanced for many...but, according to all the distress in our daily skies, we are working against the clock.
The word knowledge might be more accessible to some. I believe science describes the domain of empirical science to those who don't realise the root of the word.

Outrider

« Reply #42367 on: October 26, 2020, 01:06:45 PM »
What the pope doesn't care too much about is that AC/DC as you call it, is the result of genetic disturbances that the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ can address.

Anything even vaguely like a citable reference for that inference that homosexuality causes/is caused by 'genetic disturbances'?

The world is sex-mad and that is quite different to loving relationships.

Anything to support the contention that's particularly something that's an issue for the gay community?

But without going into any scientific detail...

No, please, go into the scientific detail...

we will find, at the end of the day, that there are specific scientific reasons why the 144000 chosen ones will also be  those who make themselves virgins in the blood of the lamb...They have obeyed Jesus about promiscuity, and this will deliver a wonderful advantage over our physical and spiritual health and it will be the melody

Notwithstanding the false dichotomy there of virginity vs promiscuity, any evidence to support the contention that a reasonably healthy sex life has a deleterious effect on health?

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #42368 on: October 26, 2020, 01:34:35 PM »
Specially for you Susan... goodbye.

That's it - run away.
You can't answer basiv questions without resorting to gobbledegook which means less than nothing.
Not much of a witness, is it?

Owlswing

« Reply #42369 on: October 26, 2020, 05:38:59 PM »

Especially for you Susan... goodbye.

If the choice is between you and Susan - Farewell NM!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

torridon

« Reply #42370 on: October 27, 2020, 06:24:10 AM »

What exactly is a 'genetic disturbance' and how can is be addressed ?  What would be the point anyway, if only a small fixed number of people are going to be 'chosen' ?

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #42371 on: October 27, 2020, 02:38:59 PM »
What exactly is a 'genetic disturbance' and how can is be addressed ?  What would be the point anyway, if only a small fixed number of people are going to be 'chosen' ?
Oddly enough, despite his bewildering individual fantasies (which would make him a pariah in the controlling JW sect) this does refer to an actual and very peculiar JW teaching. The 144000 - referred to in Revelation  - are those 'special' Witnesses destined for a heavenly life. But millions more of the faithful can look forward to life in a restored paradise earth.
All bilge of course, whether in the official JW version, or filtered through the unofficial fantasies of Nick. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't been prosecuted by the Jehovah's Witnesses by now. I know he hasn't openly claimed to be a JW, but he makes enough allusions to some of their doctrines to make people believe he's delivering standard JW teaching. But most of it is his own private fantasy - sort of variations on a theme where the original theme is lost.
The JWs can be very litigious, and they insist their followers believe what they are told. They certainly don't encourage individuals to use the Internet to adulterate their doctrines with private 'sciency' gobbledygook.
Never thought I'd be a spokesman for the official JW line.
I think they, and NM, talk a load of shite.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:58:05 PM by Dicky Underpants »
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #42372 on: October 27, 2020, 02:54:39 PM »
Vlad,

I believe in the importance of recognising science and what I shall refer to as 'things spiritual' are differing domains of experience.

Sort of – what you call “things spiritual” that are supposedly a “domain of experience” are at least as likely though to be “things material” that current science happens to be unable to explain, or at least to understand in detail.     

Scientism seeks to express everything in terms of science and that which is not subject to science as non existent.

Yes, which is why no-one I’m aware of subscribes to scientism (despite your fondness for asserting otherwise).

This I would move is incorrect…

What is – scientism? I know – that’s why no-one here argues for it. It’s just your straw man du jour.

…and there is no need to discuss things spiritual in terms of science.

As “things spiritual” is epistemically indistinguishable from “whatever pops into my head” though, there’s no basis to discuss “them” in any other terms either. 
"Don't make me come down there."

God

ippy

« Reply #42373 on: October 27, 2020, 05:22:39 PM »
Of course, Christians should be involved with science - real science, not technotripe. We are involved in Biomedics, Chemistry, Physics, Archaeology - you name it - but using the gifts God gave us to interact with those who are expert in the field. Here's a link to the CofS Science, religion and technology page. I trust it might be a bit more realistic than..... https://www.churchofscotland.org.uk/speak-out/science-and-technology

On what basis does anyone have a single good supportable reason to think a statement such as, 'using the gifts God gave us', has anything to do with reality?

All sorts of things can be asserted, wish I could find a way of asserting several millions of £ type pounds into my bank account!

ippy

« Reply #42374 on: October 27, 2020, 05:40:20 PM »

One thing you all seem to be very good at is bashing and condemning a word of scientific art which you are all too clever to read or even try to understand...a book that has captured the minds of millions and brought great joy into many peoples lives, especially those who had no where else to turn. This is scientific proof of its validity...because it repeats this ability over and over again. It is the warnings announced in Revelation that we should currently be concerned about because the language used states clearly that we only physically die in death but have the possibility of entering into a wonderful life of rebirth and resurrection where poor health and death will be eliminated...my concern is for those that wont make it because that indestructible part of them will be snatched into eternal drudgery and despair...That is why it's wise to read the warning stamped within it.

I don't think I'm one of those that are that much of a one for bashing your manual Nick, the thing is, talking snakes, coming back from the dead, feeding five thousand with a few fish, burning bushes, turning a person into a pillar of salt, walking on water, virgin birth and on and on and on.

The above is some of the stuff you actually believe happened, I don't think I'll be joining you anytime soon Nick.

Wish you well Nick, ippy.