Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3752042 times)

The Accountant, OBE, KC

Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #46075 on: April 26, 2023, 02:27:40 PM »
That's right VG - don't need no experts. You've outed yourself as Gove (I think for at least the second time).

Sure science gets stuff wrong at times, but the beauty of science is it is inherently self-correcting as it never assumes that the current 'best explanation' is the final 'best explanation'. But I'd also argue that in comparison with most alternatives science has an exceptionally high hit rate (noting that that involves its self correction) - just think of all the things we do, take for granted etc that are entirely based on the scientific method.

But actually I wasn't talking about 'science' per se, but the approach of scientists. And yes VG, someone who has 35 years experience embedded in the scientific community is in a rather better position to talk about whether that scientific community uses, discusses, recognises as important, Occam, than someone who has probably never had a professional discussion (whether via publications, presentations, general discussions over a beer) with a scientist in their lives.

But hey, ho - who needs experts eh :o
You agree that scientists get things wrong. You asked who is likely to be more ignorant. How do we calculate a probability without any data? What objectively verified data do we have on you or NS to decide who is likely to be more ignorant on this particular subject?
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #46076 on: April 26, 2023, 02:30:48 PM »
The ghost is the subject - the ghost is the supernatural part. Writing a story about a ghost does not give any indication of whether the author is claiming that ghosts or anything that can be described as supernatural actually exist. Similarly, a dictionary definition of "ghosts" does not indicate that ghosts exist.
I think you are actually agreeing with me, albeit in an oblique manner.

The ghost is merely a construct in the story - it doesn't actually exist. There is no actual supernatural entity whatsoever. A ghost story is an entirely natural phenomenon. And the same applies to religions - they may propose a supernatural entity, or claim the existence of one. But that does not mean that there is any part of that religion which is actually supernatural.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46077 on: April 26, 2023, 02:32:01 PM »
Yawn - back onto to the prove yourself shtick eh VG. A bit sad, I feel. Why not actually play the ball, not the player.
You seem quite happy to refer to me as Donald Rumsfeld and Gove, so remind me again why we need to play the ball and not the player?
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46078 on: April 26, 2023, 02:39:02 PM »
I think you are actually agreeing with me, albeit in an oblique manner.

The ghost is merely a construct in the story - it doesn't actually exist. There is no actual supernatural entity whatsoever. A ghost story is an entirely natural phenomenon. And the same applies to religions - they may propose a supernatural entity, or claim the existence of one. But that does not mean that there is any part of that religion which is actually supernatural.
I have been mostly agreeing with you all along - except I would say we can't state there is no actual supernatural entity, all we can say is that writing about one does not create a supernatural entity or an indication that the author believes one exists or is claiming one exists as fact.

Similarly, religions include stories and concepts of supernatural entities - the subject of the religion is the supernatural part. I do not think religions are supernatural.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46079 on: April 26, 2023, 02:51:19 PM »
And if you were convinced (i.e. that I have over 35 years experience as a professional scientific researcher) - would you accept that I have a better expert insight into scientific research and the research community than the average armchair googler?

Simple question.
Sure, if I had the relevant data and evidence, I would be more likely to accept that you have a better expert insight into your particular field of research, but I would not extend that to all scientific  research or the whole of the research community. 

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #46080 on: April 26, 2023, 02:58:33 PM »
You agree that scientists get things wrong. You asked who is likely to be more ignorant. How do we calculate a probability without any data? What objectively verified data do we have on you or NS to decide who is likely to be more ignorant on this particular subject?
All people sometimes get things wrong - professionals sometimes get stuff wrong too, but that doesn't mean that they aren't less likely to get something wrong within their sphere of professional expertise than a lay person.

So surgeons sometimes make mistakes - who would you trust if you required surgery? A trained expert experienced professional surgeon, or someone who has never performed an operation in their lives, but has read an article they found through google on surgery.

So airline pilots sometimes make mistakes - who would you trust to fly a plane that you are travelling on? A trained expert experienced professional pilotn, or someone who has never flown a plane in their lives, but has read an article they found through google on being a pilot.

The same is true with scientists - but the main point is the same, that scientists have a greater level of expertise when discussing matters within their sphere of expertise than a lay person and are therefore more likely to be correct when discussing matters relating to their fields of science, the overall scientific process and the nature and approaches of their peers and colleagues within the scientific community.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 04:17:45 PM by ProfessorDavey »

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #46081 on: April 26, 2023, 03:06:27 PM »
Sure, if I had the relevant data and evidence, I would be more likely to accept that you have a better expert insight into your particular field of research, but I would not extend that to all scientific  research or the whole of the research community.
But that isn't what I said. I have specific scientific expertise within my particular field, but also I have held been responsible for shaping and managing faculty level scientific research across a very wide range of fields, and in doing so have had to understand the similarities in approach and nuances between fields. So I get the difference you get when working with particle physicists working in CERN, material scientists, behavioural biologists etc, alongside my own discipline.

But the point is that at no point in any of those professional discussions with a very wide variety of scientific researchers over many years has anyone ever mentioned Occam at all, let alone indicated this to be relevant and/or important to their scientific endeavours.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 03:19:04 PM by ProfessorDavey »

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #46082 on: April 26, 2023, 03:18:56 PM »
  Actually can't think of any scientist using any philosophy in their research.

This article is a good read:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-idea-that-a-scientific-theory-can-be-falsified-is-a-myth/

I'm trying to think of sciences most important "must discover" discoveries and none that spring to mind seem to be in Diracs area of expertise and two that do were accidental and due to sloppy laboratory practice.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46083 on: April 26, 2023, 03:25:42 PM »
All people sometimes get things wrong - professionals sometimes get stuff wrong too, but that doesn't mean that they are less likely to get something wrong within their sphere of professional expertise than a lay person.

So surgeons sometimes make mistakes - who would you trust if you required surgery? A trained expert experienced professional surgeon, or someone who has never performed an operation in their lives, but has read an article they found through google on surgery.

So airline pilots sometimes make mistakes - who would you trust to fly a plane that you are travelling on? A trained expert experienced professional pilotn, or someone who has never flown a plane in their lives, but has read an article they found through google on being a pilot.

The same is true with scientists - but the main point is the same, that scientists have a greater level of expertise when discussing matters within their sphere of expertise than a lay person and are therefore more likely to be correct when discussing matters relating to their fields of science, the overall scientific process and the nature and approaches of their peers and colleagues within the scientific community.
Sure - but I would want evidence they actually were a surgeon. If someone on this anonymous forum claimed they were a a trained expert experienced professional surgeon, I wouldn't take their word for it or agree to be operated on by them without some independent verifiable evidence that they actually were an expert in the relevant field

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #46084 on: April 26, 2023, 03:32:46 PM »
  Actually can't think of any scientist using any philosophy in their research.
I agree in so far that I think the claim that science is philosophically naturalistic is bollocks.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #46085 on: April 26, 2023, 03:34:25 PM »
Sure - but I would want evidence they actually were a surgeon. If someone on this anonymous forum claimed they were a a trained expert experienced professional surgeon, I wouldn't take their word for it or agree to be operated on by them without some independent verifiable evidence that they actually were an expert in the relevant field
Sure - but I'm not actually performing surgery (or the scientific research equivalent) on you, so this isn't really an equivalent. I suspect you might comfortably accept that person to be a surgeon for the purposes of discussion on a forum, even if you might expect greater confirmation before going under the knife!

So you deny that I am who I say I am, and on what basis. Realistically we tend to accept that who we indicate we are on this forum is who we actually are. That's how these things tend to work.

NS tells us he is from Scotland - do we demand evidence - nope we accept it and his posting lends to thinking that to be the case.

You tell us you are a woman who is now muslim but wasn't brought up as such - do we demand evidence - nope we accept it and your posting lends to thinking that to be the case.

So why do you refuse to accept my background VG, regularly doubting my credentials and expecting 'evidence' when you don't for other posters. Seems like double standards to me.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 03:55:34 PM by ProfessorDavey »

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #46086 on: April 26, 2023, 03:36:39 PM »
The most fundamental claim in most religions is that we are accountable for our conscious choices.  Our freedom to make such claims is evidence of the supernatural power within every person to choose our own destiny.

Begging the question fallacy.

As has been pointed out many times on this thread, natural laws cannot allow such freedom.

There is exactly zero evidence that the self-contradictory notion of 'freedom' that you claim exists. In fact evidence for something that is fundamentally self-contradictory is logically impossible.

The laws of nature effectively reduce so called decisions to unavoidable reactions to prior events over which we have no control.

Appeal to consequences fallacy.

...conscious control of our thought processes...

Meaningless, undefined bullshit.

So, you still haven't got out of logical argument kindergarten. The childish, naive, simplistic, and obvious logical blunders just go on and on and on.

One has to ask again why you can't be arsed to take a fraction of the time you've spent making a total fool of yourself here, and making your faith look absurd and illogical, learning some logic so you can do a better job. There seem to be very few possibilities that would explain this (assuming you haven't been lying about your qualifications and haven't gone senile):
  • Laziness.
  • Arrogance.
  • Complacency.
  • Fear (that you'll find you have no actual logic at all to back up what you say).
So which is it?
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #46087 on: April 26, 2023, 03:52:17 PM »
.......much closer to a Vlad who knows where to put apostrophes.

What a belter!
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #46088 on: April 26, 2023, 03:56:26 PM »
VG,

No it doesn't make any difference. The rules of the natural world that science has come up with refers to the rules of the scientific method. The explanations of the natural world are derived from following those methods. The scientific method is the way of acquiring knowledge about natural phenomena by observing, hypothesizing, testing, and concluding. It involves applying skepticism, induction, deduction, and statistics to confirm, reject, or modify the hypotheses based on the experimental results. Any concepts that this method cannot be applied to are outside science - such as gods and their judgement of people after death, and subsequent accountability. Hence these concepts are described as supernatural.

This is still flat wrong.

First, you’re just avoiding again. Your initial claim of what’s “supernatural” was anything science hadn’t explained as of today’s date (“currently”). Your later, edited version of the same claim referred instead only to science generically but without the temporal part.

Your initial version means that anything that science hasn’t explained yet (but might explain tomorrow) is therefore “supernatural”. This would mean that, say, lightning was “supernatural” before science explained it but stopped being supernatural once science had explained it. (And presumably would also then revert to being supernatural again if the scientific explanation was later falsified.)

In short, which of the two versions of the claim you’re now proposing does make a great deal of difference.

Second, both are wrong in any case for the reasons I keep explaining and you keep ignoring. Scientific understanding concerns our state of knowledge about something, not the state of the thing itself. No matter what science (or any other method we may happen to come up with) has to say about something, it’s either natural or supernatural (pretending for now that the latter term is even a coherent one, which it isn’t) in itself, not because we may or may not have an explanation for it.

Science not explaining something (either as of today’s date or in principle) tells you nothing about whether or not that thing is “supernatural”. All we can then say about it is that we have no naturalistic explanation for it, but we cannot for one moment conclude that it must therefore be “supernatural” (which state would in any case require an entire a prori ontology of its own before we could even consider it).

In short, “supernaturalism” means “outside naturalism”, not “outside scientific explanation” (whichever version – temporal or in principle – you’re now opting for).                 

Incorrect - the supernatural is an adjective given to phenomena such as gods etc etc, which can't be investigated or explained using the rules of science, which was the point I was making originally, and which is supported by the dictionary link I gave.

Wrong again – see above. And you’re now shifting ground again, this time from whether something is “actually” natural/supernatural to the adjectival choices of authors about their stories of supernaturalism.   

When you say the supernatural is beyond the scope of any other means of investigation,…

I don’t – you do. Any current or potential means of investigation of natural phenomena that failed to provide an explanation would only ever be able to reach a “don’t know” about possible naturalistic explanations, but would not thereby jump to “therefore supernatural”. To do that you’d have to build from the ground up a whole ontology to demonstrate “supernatural” at all, and then you’d have to develop a means to investigate and verify whatever you thought populated it.     

I am curious to know what you mean by other means of investigation? Do you mean subjective investigation  - e.g. meditation, trances, inward mental focus? How would you determine what it is possible to investigate subjectively and what is experienced as reality inside someone's else's mind?

Not my problem:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 03:59:34 PM by bluehillside Retd. »
"Don't make me come down there."

God

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46089 on: April 26, 2023, 03:57:56 PM »
Sure - but I'm not actually performing surgery (or the scientific research equivalent) on you, so this isn't really an equivalent. I suspect you might comfortably accept that person to be a surgeon for the purposes of discussion on a forum, even if you might expect greater confirmation before going under the knife!

So you deny that I am who I say I am, and on what basis. Realistically we tend to accept that who we indicate we are on this forum is who we actually are. That's how these things tend to work.

NS tells us he is from Scotland - do we demand evidence - nope we accept it and his posting lends to thinking that to be the case.

You tell us you are a woman who is now muslim but wasn't brought up as such - do we demand evidence - nope we accept it and your posting lends to thinking that to be the case.

So why do you refuse to accept my background VG, regularly doubting my credentials and expecting 'evidence' where you don't for other posters. Seems like double standards to me.
I don't tend to accept that who we indicate we are on this forum is who we actually are. It might be and I may go along with it if they don't use their persona on here as adding weight to any argument they make on here.

I don't know that NS is from Scotland - so if he tried to support his argument with a claim that he is from Scotland therefore his views about Scottish politics are more likely to be correct than the views of other posters, I wouldn't accept that. I would want to read links he posts to support his argument, and make up my own mind about whether I agreed with him or not.

Similarly, I wouldn't expect anyone to just take my word for it that I am a Muslim etc etc therefore my posts about Islam or Muslims are more likely to be correct than posts by another poster. I would expect people to read links I post or do their own research and make up their own minds about whether they agree with me or not. My view is just one perspective, and people are welcome to take them into consideration if they find them plausible, but I don't claim my experiences of Islam and Muslims can be generalised into being the experiences or views of all Muslims.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #46090 on: April 26, 2023, 04:02:48 PM »
Vlad,

I agree in so far that I think the claim that science is philosophically naturalistic is bollocks.

Did you actually mean to say that?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 04:06:06 PM by bluehillside Retd. »

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #46091 on: April 26, 2023, 04:05:48 PM »
VG,

Again, your opinions here are incorrect for the reasons I have already given you.

I'm quoting verbatim you back to you. My opinions on that aren't the point - but your selective editing is. 

God

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #46092 on: April 26, 2023, 04:09:40 PM »
I don't tend to accept that who we indicate we are on this forum is who we actually are. It might be and I may go along with it if they don't use their persona on here as adding weight to any argument they make on here.

I don't know that NS is from Scotland - so if he tried to support his argument with a claim that he is from Scotland therefore his views about Scottish politics are more likely to be correct than the views of other posters, I wouldn't accept that. I would want to read links he posts to support his argument, and make up my own mind about whether I agreed with him or not.

Similarly, I wouldn't expect anyone to just take my word for it that I am a Muslim etc etc therefore my posts about Islam or Muslims are more likely to be correct than posts by another poster. I would expect people to read links I post or do their own research and make up their own minds about whether they agree with me or not. My view is just one perspective, and people are welcome to take them into consideration if they find them plausible, but I don't claim my experiences of Islam and Muslims can be generalised into being the experiences or views of all Muslims.
Realistically VG if we all refused to accept we are who we say we are on this forum, we might as well all go home and close it down.

The point about a forum such as this is that it requires an element of trust - we reveal elements of who we are and that is on the basis that that is accepted by what is, let's face it, a tiny community, who have been here for years. I see no evidence of cyber-bots, or sock puppets or uber-trolls - who claim to be one thing while are actually another. Unlike at lease one other forum I frequent regularly, there is little evidence of russian cyber infiltration here.

If you want to spend your time refusing to accept we are who we say we are, well that's up to you. But I rather pitty you if you are so lacking in trust. And to do so means that you won't benefit from the very obvious individual expertise on all sorts of topics that posters bring here. I've learned a huge amount from others who are clearly experts in areas where I am not - and I'm grateful for it and don't spend my time denying their credentials. But I'd hope that others would extend the same courtesy to me.

And guess what, VG, you might learn something - because just as others here have expertise that I don't, I also have expertise that others here don't. That's how it works.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 05:01:11 PM by ProfessorDavey »

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #46093 on: April 26, 2023, 04:25:14 PM »
In short, “supernaturalism” means “outside naturalism”, ...
Which rather begs the question.

Can something that is truly outside naturalism (i.e. supernatural) interact with the natural world. Point being that very interaction with the natural world means it is no longer 'outside naturalism'.

So if you can 'see' a ghost, or 'feel' god then that ghost or that god is operating within the sphere of naturalism and natural laws and therefore cannot be considered to be outside of naturalism.

So that leads to the conclusion that the only truly supernatural entities that could exist would be ones which are completely undetectable to us in every way.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46094 on: April 26, 2023, 04:34:35 PM »
VG,

This is still flat wrong.

First, you’re just avoiding again. Your initial claim of what’s “supernatural” was anything science hadn’t explained as of today’s date (“currently”). Your later, edited version of the same claim referred instead only to science generically but without the temporal part.

Your initial version means that anything that science hasn’t explained yet (but might explain tomorrow) is therefore “supernatural”. This would mean that, say, lightning was “supernatural” before science explained it but stopped being supernatural once science had explained it. (And presumably would also then revert to being supernatural again if the scientific explanation was later falsified.)

In short, which of the two versions of the claim you’re now proposing does make a great deal of difference.

Second, both are wrong in any case for the reasons I keep explaining and you keep ignoring. Scientific understanding concerns our state of knowledge about something, not the state of the thing itself. No matter what science (or any other method we may happen to come up with) has to say about something, it’s either natural or supernatural (pretending for now that the latter term is even a coherent one, which it isn’t) in itself, not because we may or may not have an explanation for it.

Science not explaining something (either as of today’s date or in principle) tells you nothing about whether or not that thing is “supernatural”. All we can then say about it is that we have no naturalistic explanation for it, but we cannot for one moment conclude that it must therefore be “supernatural” (which state would in any case require an entire a prori ontology of its own before we could even consider it).

In short, “supernaturalism” means “outside naturalism”, not “outside scientific explanation” (whichever version – temporal or in principle – you’re now opting for).                 

Wrong again – see above. And you’re now shifting ground again, this time from whether something is “actually” natural/supernatural to the adjectival choices of authors about supernatural stories.   

I don’t – you do. Any current or potential means of investigation of natural phenomena that failed to provide an explanation would only ever be able to reach a “don’t know” about possible naturalistic explanations, but would not thereby jump to “therefore supernatural”. To do that you’d have to build from the ground up a whole ontology to demonstrate “supernatural” at all, and then you’d have to develop a means to investigate and verify whatever you thought populated it.     

Not my problem:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy)
Nope/ incorrect / wrong again BHS - I said supernatural is a description for something outside the currently known rules and explanations of the natural world that science has come up with based on demonstrable evidence. The "currently known" refers to both rules i.e. current scientific methods - and also refers to explanations i.e. the explanations derived from the scientific methods.

You don't need to demonstrate 'supernatural', though you are of course free to assert that you do need to demonstrate 'supernatural' if you want to.

As far as I am concerned you could just take the general consensus on what kind of things the adjective 'supernatural' could be applied to. It doesn't mean any of those things described as supernatural are in fact supernatural or real. If someone can't demonstrate the existence of anything described as supernatural, it would be reasonable for other people to not accept that that the phenomena described as supernatural exists. Of course you are free to disregard my opinion on whether we need to demonstrate supernatural or not, as much as I am free to disregard your opinion on this issue. Since you have stated that you have not expressed certainty on here, that leaves us as 2 people disagreeing on an opinion.

ekim

« Reply #46095 on: April 26, 2023, 04:42:08 PM »
I don't tend to accept that who we indicate we are on this forum is who we actually are.
.... and there was me wondering how violent you were. ;)

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #46096 on: April 26, 2023, 04:43:01 PM »
Nope/ incorrect / wrong again BHS - I said supernatural is a description for something outside the currently known rules and explanations of the natural world that science has come up with based on demonstrable evidence. The "currently known" refers to both rules i.e. current scientific methods - and also refers to explanations i.e. the explanations derived from the scientific methods.
I'm sorry VG that is just nonsense. Something that is supernatural is something that is outside the natural world, not something than we currently cannot explain by reference to what we known about the natural world.

The latter view is simply non-sense as it implies that things move from being supernatural to being not supernatural as our knowledge increases which is clearly bonkers.

Thousands of years ago humans couldn't explain earthquakes based on their currently known rules and explanations of the natural world science has come up with based on demonstrable evidence - we now understand these to be completely natural phenomena. In your bizarre definition you'd need to conclude that earthquakes used to be supernatural, but are now not supernatural. That is nonsense - earthquakes are not supernatural and never were supernatural.

So take your argument to its clearly (il)logical conclusion, given that in the history of time human inquisitiveness is merely a blink of an eye given that the human species hasn't been around for long. So before intelligence sufficient to explore such phenomena evolved, you'd have to conclude that everything was supernatural as it would lie well outside currently known rules and explanations of the natural world science has come up with based on demonstrable evidence - current being prior to humans.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 04:45:21 PM by ProfessorDavey »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #46097 on: April 26, 2023, 04:44:02 PM »
Has someone made that claim?

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46098 on: April 26, 2023, 04:51:52 PM »
Realistically VG if we all refused to accept we are who we say we are on this forum, we might as well all go home and close it down.
That's not been my experience on here. I don't unquestioningly accept anyone on here is who they say they are. Any personal details people share on here I just take as an interesting read. I read a few chapters of Sriram's blog. Even if it turns out it is complete fiction and Sriram is a white, middle-class professor living in Scotland, I still thought it was an interesting read - much like books I have read that open up perspectives even if the characters are fictional.

The point about a forum such as this is that it requires an element of trust - we reveal elements of who we are and that is on the basis that that is accepted by what is, let's face it, a tiny community, who have been here for years. I see no evidence of cyber-bots, or sock puppets or uber-trolls - who claim to be one thing while are actually another. Unlike at lease one other forum I frequent regularly, there is little evidence of russian cyber infiltration here.
I don't trust anyone to be open and honest about who they really are IRL (including my husband and kids) because I think people are too complex and often hide their frailties, idiosyncrasies, flaws, fears and failures as a defence mechanism, which is understandable, and people having hidden layers and stories also makes life more interesting. So, I don't trust anonymous people on a forum to be divulging the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

If you want to spend your time refusing to accept we are who we say we are, well that's up to you. But I rather petty you if you are so lacking in trust.
Fair enough - that's your opinion. Others are available.
And to do so means that you won't benefit from the very obvious individual expertise on all sorts of topics that posters bring here. I've learned a huge amount from others who are clearly experts in areas where I am not - and I'm grateful for it and don't spend my time denying their credentials. But I'd hope that others would extend the same courtesy to me.

And guess what, VG, you might learn something - because just as others here have expertise that I don't, I also have expertise that others here don't. That's how it works.
I feel I do benefit from what I read on here as it gives me information and alternative perspectives and when time permits I look into them in more detail, especially where people have provided links to read rather than just stated their opinion. That's why I keep coming back to this forum even if sometimes there are long gaps between posts.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #46099 on: April 26, 2023, 05:06:05 PM »
.... and there was me wondering how violent you were. ;)
Lol, are you saying you don't believe me when I say I am an accountant...like the Ben Affleck character  https://tinyurl.com/2xxz57fh

3 minutes 24 secs in is particularly illuminating. Trust me when I say I am an expert in this particular topic ;)