Author Topic: Maybe YOU should take the test.... keep the faith!  (Read 39998 times)

BashfulAnthony

Re: Maybe YOU should take the test.... keep the faith!
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2015, 11:09:22 AM »
I have not suggested you "cosy up" to Leonard and Floo. You can't resist answering for them, because, I think, you have little faith in their ability to answer meaningfully.  That is not cosying:  it is arrogance.
Then you think wrongly. Len for sure can hold his own (at his age, the dirty boy!) in any discussion - I don't answer for him; I sometimes answer alongside him. Floo doesn't really develop short ideas into longer posts, I concede, but she hardly seems to be in need of anybody to defend her either. We've all been doing this for long enough and we're all still here in the playpen.

I think you overestimate the abilities in debate of both Leonard and Floo;  and they don't hesitate to applaud you in your interventions in debate.  Perhaps you simply crave recognition for your debating skills, such as they are, and those two are always ready to oblige.

Maybe it's time for you to get out of the playpen!
BA.

Jesus said to him, 的 am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

BeRational

« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2015, 11:12:01 AM »
Bash

That's not very nice.

Asking people to leave.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2015, 11:14:41 AM »
Bash

That's not very nice.

Asking people to leave.

BR,

You misunderstand: I was not suggesting he leave the forum:  I was referring to his attitude, as you will have appreciated if you had followed this exchange from the beginning.
BA.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
I'd have to say, BA, that you are being a tad disrespectful to Floo and Len in making these comments. It seems to me that the variety of posting styles we have here, in both active debate and general chit-chat, is worth having.

I'd also say that the different approaches we seen on specific issues are what keeps subjects interesting, and that there is space for both the one liners and the more detailed posts: and which of these approaches any of us find to be best or worst is, of course, a matter of personal taste as much as anything else.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2015, 11:22:20 AM »
I'd have to say, BA, that you are being a tad disrespectful to Floo and Len in making these comments. It seems to me that the variety of posting styles we have here, in both active debate and general chit-chat, is worth having.

I'd also say that the different approaches we seen on specific issues are what keeps subjects interesting, and that there is space for both the one liners and the more detailed posts: and which of these approaches any of us find to be best or worst is, of course, a matter of personal taste as much as anything else.

It is not my intention to be disrespectful, though I am often tempted by what they say to me.  I think I am making valid points, and they are free to refute them, preferably without Shaker doing it for them.
BA.

Sassy

« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »

Of course you would have to look.
Cast not thy pearls before the swine...
So a phenomenally implausible event which would rock the entire basis of science itself wouldn't make it into the papers?

AS I said... pearls and swine.
As I said, evasive horseshit designed to avoid the burden of proof for your ridiculous claims.

Go look for it, instead of asking for evidence and expecting everyone else to do your work for you. Go look and stop making pathetic excuses. How old are you? Because right now you are worse than a rebellious teenager.
If you want proof look of it instead of wanting others to do it for you.
But your too lazy and far too closed minded to actually really want evidence enough to go seek it.,..

It doesn't exist. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. It doesn't exist. Anywhere. If it did you would produce it. You don't because you can't, and your wince-inducingly moronic and typically unlettered attempts at evasion and deflection confirm it. You made a stupid claim, got called out on it and now are, as the colonials have it, butthurt because of it. There is no evidence for the absurd claims you make. None. Zero. I no more have to go looking for the nonexistent evidence of amputees regrowing limbs than I do for the Tooth Fairy leaving behind hard cash for lost teeth. You make the claim, you back it up. That's how it works. Prove me wrong. Here's your chance, right here and right now. Piss or get off the pot, as they say. It's that simple.

Or of course what you could do, and almost certainly will do, is come back sans evidence (of course) but with more of your usual functionally illiterate bullshit, either with or without another meaningless slab of biblical cut-and-pastery.

You just cannot handle the truth... What a load of ham shank...
Your words are as pointless as your argument... You haven't got any. Just a lot of hot wind and whitewash.... You see Jesus Christ told you the way. Either you are too thick or then too ignorant to understand that way. Don't mock it, till you have tried it. But put your whitewash brush away because it is as useful as a snowball in hell or a chocolate fire guard.

Get use to it, Shaker, your past arguments are really history.
You don't have a point and you don't have an argument because you are too lazy to even look for evidence..

Take a load off your mind and sit down... Give your feet and your brain a rest...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:44:32 AM by Sassy »
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Shaker

« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2015, 11:36:19 AM »
Right on cue:

Or of course what you could do, and almost certainly will do, is come back sans evidence (of course) but with more of your usual functionally illiterate bullshit, either with or without another meaningless slab of biblical cut-and-pastery.

I could have predicted that.

Oh, I did.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Sassy

« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
Bless you Len :D

Let's get Sassy time again!  You people are bullying idiots.  If it gives you some sort of satisfaction to pick on her daily, and so often in tandem, then you should consider how you appear to others, and it's not nice.

Hi Bash,

There days are over as far as arguments for atheism concerning Christ.
They are realising they have NOTHING to support the words they speak.
When faced with the truth from the bible and the way that Christ shows... they haven't tried it or let us be honest... cannot gleam the simplest of truth.

It proves the point that atheists when all else fails and cannot answer = attack...

They really have no weapon and eventually we all see that.. There arguments as so ancient even the Dinosaurs would have died out from boredom if they weren't already dead...

They have to try and save face somehow... but as you notice it makes them seen for what they really are... Nasty and deceiving people using atheism as an excuse to  project that nastiness against others...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »
Right on cue:

I could have predicted that.

Oh, I did.

Nah! I proved you were an ignorant and uneducated asshole when it comes to having knowledge of the bible and God.
You put your whitewash brush away and exchanged it for an apologetic brush... Basically you were saying... " I tell you if you make apple pies you will have to come back with a recipe including Apples... see I told you so." But as the apple pie has nothing to do with the argument neither does you reply.

Well you are scraping the bottom of the bullsh*t barrel now.
We all know you are ignorant and uneducated when it comes to the bible and any real knowledge of Christ. As your constant inability to maintain arguments against Christ or the bible in your replies show.
If you are the example of modern day atheism arguments then you might as well stop posting... You have more chance of bashing a mans brain out with a feather than ever winning a debate or producing real points to argue with.

You see you LOST before you posted because the truth you tried to hide is fully visible now... You have NO real valid points of argument against Christ or the Bible because you know nothing about them..  Not even the basics and no understanding of whom Christ really is...

Shaker

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2015, 11:55:36 AM »
Your bullshitometer is really turned up to 11 today, Sass.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »
Sass is really surpassing herself with the complete garbage she is churning out! ::)

Follower of Jesus

« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »
http://godisimaginary.com/video10.htm

Just watched it too, makes far too many simple errors to be taken too seriously. A valid attempt to persuade but it falls down on its understanding of the bible and Christian
Well, the Pharisees couldn't stand Him,
but they found out they couldn't stop Him.
Pilate couldn't find any fault in Him.
Herod couldn't kill Him.
Death couldn't handle Him,
and the grave couldn't hold Him. I wonder if you know Him?

floo

« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »

Just watched it too, makes far too many simple errors to be taken too seriously. A valid attempt to persuade but it falls down on its understanding of the bible and Christian

The understanding of the Bible is as long as a piece of string, and so is the term 'Christian. They mean whatever you want them to mean, imo.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »

The understanding of the Bible is as long as a piece of string, and so is the term 'Christian. They mean whatever you want them to mean, imo.

Actually, imo, the essential meaning of the Gospels is quite clear, and immovable;  it is only the "incidentals"  that may be interpreted in differing ways.
BA.

Shaker

« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2015, 07:12:42 PM »
Isn't that in itself just one interpretation among many?

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2015, 07:20:12 PM »

I don't think so.  What interpretations had you in mind?
BA.

Shaker

« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »

I don't think so. What interpretations had you in mind?
Any interpretation which doesnt agree with "... the essential meaning of the Gospels is quite clear, and immovable;  it is only the "incidentals"  that may be interpreted in differing ways."

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »

I don't think so. What interpretations had you in mind?
Any interpretation which doesnt agree with "... the essential meaning of the Gospels is quite clear, and immovable;  it is only the "incidentals"  that may be interpreted in differing ways."

Any Christian would agree on the basic meaning:  Jesus taught of love, forgiveness and Redemption.  I wouldn't expect you to have known, though I, alone, have said it often over time.
BA.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2015, 08:18:51 PM »
I suspect that, if God does exist, he would disagree - but he might also disagree with some of the ideas that Christians have historically had - in the way that he disagreed with some of the ways that the \Jewish religious leaders thought.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2015, 06:15:03 AM »
I suspect that, if God does exist, he would disagree - but he might also disagree with some of the ideas that Christians have historically had - in the way that he disagreed with some of the ways that the \Jewish religious leaders thought.

So Christians and Jews should ask you where they are going wrong?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

Leonard James

« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:17 AM »

Jews and Christians would do well to take sensible advice on their mistakes from anybody.

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2015, 07:35:08 AM »

Jews and Christians would do well to take sensible advice on their mistakes from anybody.
How about atheists doing the same? Do you think that would be a good idea, Len?
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Sassy

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2015, 08:05:36 AM »
Your bullshitometer is really turned up to 11 today, Sass.

See what I mean! The perfect example of desperation to try and save face by yourself... It is a sad look on a man whose whole replies smack of  insults and ignorance trying to cover his own lack of knowledge,

Never mind: Write 100 lines...

" Must try to do better.!

Sassy

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2015, 08:09:29 AM »
Sass is really surpassing herself with the complete garbage she is churning out! ::)

I am so glad you don't agree with me... You supporting Shaker just proves how far he has fallen and how desperate he has become.
One thing no one would want is you supporting them when it comes to biblical matters etc....

Sassy

« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »

See what I mean! Not even a voice of reasoning or understanding to be seen in your replies...

You are not helping shaker other than to bury him...