Author Topic: Maybe YOU should take the test.... keep the faith!  (Read 39957 times)

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
Re: Maybe YOU should take the test.... keep the faith!
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2015, 02:23:32 PM »
Recognition of bias it's not that difficult.

ippy
If your bias keeps you from recognising your bias, how do you get to recognise your bias?

You notion and picture of the world HAS to match to reality.

If it does not, then you are WRONG!.

Change you notions and pictures until they match.

Reality (as much as we are able to determine it) is the only arbiter.
So if your bias keeps you from recognising your bias, how do you get to recognise your bias?
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

BeRational

« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2015, 03:51:07 PM »

ippy
If your bias keeps you from recognising your bias, how do you get to recognise your bias?

Check against reality.

Reality has no bias

So if your bias keeps you from recognising your bias, how do you get to recognise your bias?
I see gullible people, everywhere!

ippy

« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »

ippy

Quite; can't help not liking cricket though and laugh with others when criticized about my dislike of the game. 

Watching paint dry or watching a board warp, are far more interesting.

ippy

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2015, 06:04:14 PM »

ippy

Quite; can't help not liking cricket though and laugh with others when criticized about my dislike of the game. 

ippy

Interesting to know what you do in your spare time.    :)
BA.

Jesus said to him, 的 am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

floo

« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2015, 08:47:45 AM »

ippy

ippy

I am with you all the way on that. Watching paint dry is so much more exciting than the MEGA BOREDOM of watching cricket!

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2015, 09:55:02 AM »

ippy

ippy

I am with you all the way on that. Watching paint dry is so much more exciting than the MEGA BOREDOM of watching cricket!

I love the game of cricket;  so I watch a great deal.  As far as I know, there are no laws forcing everyone to watch.  So , if you don't like it; don't watch.  But why knock it because you don't like it?
BA.

ippy

« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2015, 11:10:02 AM »

ippy

ippy

I love the game of cricket;  so I watch a great deal.  As far as I know, there are no laws forcing everyone to watch.  So , if you don't like it; don't watch.  But why knock it because you don't like it?

Because while I admire sportsmanship in any sport even when it's a sport I'm not particularly interested in but cricket is presented as a sporting event and likes to think of and describe its self as an honorable sport with sayings like, "that's not cricket old man", where as it has a lot more to do with the underhand art of gamesmanship rather than sport.

So you admire successful, underhanded boring displays of gamesmanship.

ippy   
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:13:18 PM by ippy »

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »

ippy

ippy

Because while I admire sportsmanship in any sport even when it's a sport I'm not particularly interested in but cricket is presented as a sporting event with saying like, "that's not cricket old man", and likes to think of and describe its self as an honorable sport with sayings like, "that's not cricket old man", where as it has a lot more to do with the underhand art of gamesmanship rather than sport.

ippy

There are some who abuse the spirit of the game; that's so in most sports, cricket a good deal less than others  -  see, the news.  But on the whole, it is still a game with principles and played by decent sportsmen  -  I exclude the Aussies from that comment!    :D   
BA.

ippy

« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »

ippy

ippy

Because while I admire sportsmanship in any sport even when it's a sport I'm not particularly interested in but cricket is presented as a sporting event with saying like, "that's not cricket old man", and likes to think of and describe its self as an honorable sport with sayings like, "that's not cricket old man", where as it has a lot more to do with the underhand art of gamesmanship rather than sport.

ippy

There are some who abuse the spirit of the game; that's so in most sports, cricket a good deal less than others  -  see, the news.  But on the whole, it is still a game with principles and played by decent sportsmen  -  I exclude the Aussies from that comment!    :D

I agree with you but cricket does lend its self, relies on, gamesmanship a lot more than most other sports,

The Aussies, yes this gamesmanship seems to be an antipodean complaint with any/all sport.

The NZ rugby team always worries me, where if they can win a game by ripping someone's head off; off comes some unfortunates head, Oz and SA are nearly as bad but lack the expertise of NZ they make it look as though the other player pulled off his own head.

ippy       

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »

ippy

ippy

ippy

I agree with you but cricket does lend its self, relies on, gamesmanship a lot more than most other sports,

The Aussies, yes this gamesmanship seems to be an antipodean complaint with any/all sport.

The NZ rugby team always worries me, where if they can win a game by ripping someone's head off; off comes some unfortunates head, Oz and SA are nearly as bad but lack the expertise of NZ they make it look as though the other player pulled off his own head.

ippy       

The recent two-match series between  England and the very impressive  New Zealand team, was an excellent example of how cricket, sport, should be played.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:50:38 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

ippy

« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2015, 02:37:17 PM »

ippy

ippy

ippy

ippy       

The recent two-match series between  England and the vewry impressive  New Zealand team, was an excellent example of how cricket, sport, should be played.

Couldn't watch any cricket without  M D prescribed, extra strong, wakey wakey pills.

ippy

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2015, 01:29:27 AM »

I love the game of cricket;  so I watch a great deal. 

Cricket on the radio though?

I just can't see the appeal.
 :D

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2015, 04:18:17 AM »

Or any sport on the radio!     ???
BA.

ippy

« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »

Try golf on the radio????????

ippy

PS just a thought we must cater for people that have lost their sight. 

ippy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:04:53 AM by ippy »

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »

Try golf on the radio????????

ippy

Or snooker: if you can call that a sport!
BA.

Sassy

« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2015, 11:44:21 AM »
Don't you read the bible?

I've read it but I don't understand it the same way as you.

Have you read the Koran? That claims to be the unaltered word of god!

Yes, I have read the Koran... Claims like Christ born in the hollowed out trunk of a palm tree is so far fetched...

The thing is the unaltered word of God has come and only ever came by the Power of Gods HOLY Spirit...

Read the bible... it tells you that the power of Gods Spirit came upon his chosen... Wasn't delivered by angels and people told to write them down as with Mahoment and Joseph smith to mention just two.

God had always spoken to mankind through men empowered by his Spirit. It is right through from beginning to end of the OT and in the NT all men can receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

If you had read the bible and the Koran the sources are not the same...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Shaker

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
Yes, I have read the Koran... Claims like Christ born in the hollowed out trunk of a palm tree is so far fetched...

When the Bible account is so much more likely ...

Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2015, 11:52:11 AM »

If you have no intention of believing a thing, nothing will seem likely.
BA.

floo

« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »

I think the Harry Potter books are more credible than the Bible! ;D ;D ;D

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2015, 11:57:20 AM »

I think the Harry Potter books are more credible than the Bible! ;D ;D ;D

::)
BA.

ippy

« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »
Don't you read the bible?

I've read it but I don't understand it the same way as you.

Have you read the Koran? That claims to be the unaltered word of god!

The thing is the unaltered word of God has come and only ever came by the Power of Gods HOLY Spirit...

Read the bible... it tells you that the power of Gods Spirit came upon his chosen... Wasn't delivered by angels and people told to write them down as with Mahoment and Joseph smith to mention just two.

God had always spoken to mankind through men empowered by his Spirit. It is right through from beginning to end of the OT and in the NT all men can receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

It's all nonsense but if it keeps you happy believing it as though it were true, good on you Sass.

ippy

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »

Whereas born of a virgin, dead then alive again, are not?

Assertion.

So the Bible is true because it claims to be true.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

floo

« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »
The fairies at the bottom of my garden are as real as much of the not so good book! ::)

Leonard James

« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2015, 12:29:37 PM »

So the Bible is true because it claims to be true.

Such is the circular thinking of the credulous.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2015, 12:53:24 PM »
The fairies at the bottom

Can you, just for once, forget the playground put-downs, and actually discuss something?
BA.