Author Topic: Maybe YOU should take the test.... keep the faith!  (Read 39934 times)

Shaker

Re: Maybe YOU should take the test.... keep the faith!
« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2015, 01:03:11 PM »
If you have no intention of believing a thing, nothing will seem likely.
I have no intention of believing anything on such ludicrous and feeble grounds as that.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2015, 05:53:12 PM »
I have no intention of believing anything on such ludicrous and feeble grounds as that.

I have found much of what you say too feeble and ludicrous to consider.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Shaker

« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2015, 05:56:19 PM »

Denis Healey's famous comment on Geoffrey Howe springs to mind.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2015, 05:58:14 PM »
Like being 'mauled by a philosophical materialist sheep called Dawkins'?

Shaker

« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2015, 06:00:16 PM »
Like being 'mauled by a philosophical materialist sheep called Dawkins'?
... as Vlad would put it, in his eminently imitable way.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2015, 06:29:53 PM »

Denis Healey's famous comment on Geoffrey Howe springs to mind.

Anybody who  quotes that lame comment can't have a vestige of originality in them.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Sassy

« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2015, 10:50:03 AM »
QUESTION#1: Why won't God heal amputees?

God has healed an amputee. Record has been shown

QUESTION 2.Why are there so many starving people in our world?

Because man allows it to happen.

QUESTION 3.Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?

They are not innocent they broke the laws they agreed to keep in their covenant.
The reason for such laws is to teach that sin kills.

QUESTION 4.Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

It doesn't.The creator sees things his way the way which is the truth. Scientist don't and won't argue with the bible because they know they could be wrong. Only those who are not scientist and without understanding use the information that scientist give us as some type of weapon. But it is as useful as a chocolate fire guard to those who are not scientist.

Question #5: Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible?

He isn't but he knew in those times they slaughtered all people in war they had no use for,
Hence if the Israelites had slaves they had to treat them properly.
Humans have always had slaves.. The Romans were no different and they traded humans and made them slaves. At least with God his people had to treat them properly. We created the slave trade not God. He just made us treat them properly.

Question #6: Why do bad things happen to good people?

Read Job.

9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

Sinners are not a problem for Satan... he likes to test good people. However, God says:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge

Christ has now come and the accuser is no longer able to wield his power over the person whose sins are forgiven. Because Christ now intercedes. A lot of believers lack that knowledge.
And we know that faith sometimes needs refining... Good things and bad things happen to everyone. But faith and truth decide the outcome. As we see with Job God is always faithful.

The lack of knowledge of the writer of the questions is very clear...

Question #7: Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles in the Bible leave behind any evidence? It's very strange, isn't it? You have created an excuse to rationalize it.

EVIDENCE??? Did they expect Lazarus to live forever or the Lepers and blind people to be around to give testimony? Isn't the millions of believers a witness? I guess we can only assume the word evidence needs to be explained for use in the question.

Question #8: How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you? Jesus is all-powerful and timeless, but if you pray for Jesus to appear, nothing happens. You have to create a weird rationalization to deal with this discrepancy.

I find this really weird... Because twice now in my life when at a low ebb and praying I have looked towards the heavens through my lounge window and when closed my eyes seen who I believe to be Christ in he reflection for that window in my home in my minds eye. Each time situated differently in the impression. I believe that somehow the Lord Jesus was literally letting me know he was in the midst of us...

Question #9 – Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood? It sounds totally grotesque, doesn't it? Why would al all-powerful God want you to do something that, in any other context, sounds like a disgusting, cannibalistic, satanic ritual?

Totally illogical to even suggest such a thing.
Bread and wine represent his body and blood of the new covenant.
As he died in the body and felt spiritual death for us we are reminded we have life through his body and blood. Hence they could not drink the blood of sacrificed animals just eat the flesh... I think that it is a poor excuse for an argument...

Question #10 – Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?

They also poo and pee and do all the same things that none Christians do.
They have babies, own pets and...oh is this question really going anywhere?
He spoke alot about intelligence just another way of buttering up and tickling ears.
There isn't a serious argument or question for any Christian to really HAVE to answer.

As for MUST... says who? Christianity is not part of the scholarly teachings of this world... So science plays no part in the words of God when it comes to truth.
Faith sees what science cannot know. Faith has the answers science will never know.
Is it really intelligent to say that Christians have to answer those questions? NO!
It is even less intelligent that an atheist thought he had an argument with them....

Christians do not need to answer them because the atheist would not have asked had the understood the bible. Christianity and what faith is..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:02:30 AM by Sassy »
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2015, 10:51:18 AM »
Yes, I have read the Koran... Claims like Christ born in the hollowed out trunk of a palm tree is so far fetched...

When the Bible account is so much more likely ...

Had you read the bible and known the accounts you would have known for yourself that the bible accounts are more likely...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2015, 10:52:41 AM »
The fairies at the bottom

Can you, just for once, forget the playground put-downs, and actually discuss something?

Truth be known... would she know what to do without playground put-downs or have any answers at all...

She would be dumb... ::)

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »
QUESTION#1: Why won't God heal amputees?

God has healed an amputee. Record has been shown

..........and the record...........?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein