Author Topic: Heaven is for real.  (Read 8439 times)

Sassy

Heaven is for real.
« on: June 21, 2015, 02:38:45 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOX3YQMIkU8

You really should catch this movie it is on Sky and really does bring mind the reality of Christ and heaven.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

Re: Heaven is for real.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:17:49 AM »
Anyone stating heaven is for real as a FACT  is a LIAR, there is NO evidence to support its existence.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 09:20:29 AM »
Anyone stating heaven is for real as a FACT  is a LIAR, there is NO evidence to support its existence.

No, to be a liar one has to know that one is telling a lie.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »
I would disagree, floo.  Parly for the reason that NS gives in his post that follows your; partly because I believe that the Kingdom of Heaven is here and now, as well as 'in the future'.  I think that there is plenty of evidence for this and that folk who dispute this are often blind to the realities of life.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »

No, to be a liar one has to know that one is telling a lie.

Quite so.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 11:57:53 AM »
I would disagree, floo.  Parly for the reason that NS gives in his post that follows your; partly because I believe that the Kingdom of Heaven is here and now, as well as 'in the future'.  I think that there is plenty of evidence for this and that folk who dispute this are often blind to the realities of life.
What is the Kingdom of Heaven ?
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

floo

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 12:08:02 PM »

WHAT EVIDENCE? ::)

ippy

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 01:18:47 PM »

WHAT EVIDENCE? ::)

The next thing you'll get from Hope Floo, is: show him evidence that he hasn't got any evidence.

ippy

ippy

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »

You really should catch this movie it is on Sky and really does bring mind the reality of Christ and heaven.

Sass you still haven't come up with any credible evidence that might support any of your claims.

You must have worked it out by now, since you're not as dense as Sparky, so you should know it's no good trying to use the bible to prove the bible is right.

Where is there any credible evidence that would support the superstitious mythical and magical parts of your manual?

To this date just like Hope you haven't presented one piece of credible evidence that could possibly support the numerous strange parts of your manual, (strange parts like: like someone coming back from the dead, it doesn't happen).

ippy

Leonard James

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 02:07:41 PM »
No, heaven is not for real, Sass. Like all the other god stories man has invented over the ages, it is just wishful thinking.

My claim is just as impossible to prove as yours is, of course, but given man's weakness for inventing pretty stories to deny the finality of death, it is more than probable that I am right.

But if living in denial floats your boat, and doesn't frighten the horses, why not?

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 03:31:23 PM »
The 'Kingdom of Heaven' is synonymous with the phrase the 'Kingdom of God', which refers to the fact that God had become dynamically involved in the lives and therefore the world of humanity.  It doesn't mean that everyone acknowledges the role of God within their lives, but that the right to do so is open to all.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »
The next thing you'll get from Hope Floo, is: show him evidence that he hasn't got any evidence.
Since you have yet to provide us with any evidence for many of your assertions, ippy, perhaps you need to take this as your own motto.

floo

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 03:37:37 PM »
Since you have yet to provide us with any evidence for many of your assertions, ippy, perhaps you need to take this as your own motto.

The excuse made by those who don't have the evidence they claim! ::)

ippy

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 04:59:44 PM »

You, I assume, see yourself as a reasonably intelligent person, let's assume that's true.

I'm not asking you to believe anything in particular.

You are and have been in the course of your writings here on this R & E Forum been promoting that you think there is  is something  in existence that you call god, you have never supplied anything that would confirm that there is any such thing, nor to the best of my knowledge has anyone else in the whole of the world done so either

In spite of this fact that no one in the whole of the world has supplied any kind of evidence that any of these gods actually exist and you then ask me to prove this god idea is a nonsense, why?

It's a pretty firm evidence based assertion that you are unable to prove this god of yours exists nor are you ever likely to do so.

The evidence is that you can't and are never likely to come up with any viable evidence.

Your promoting something without any supporting evidence; I'm not.

ippy   

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 08:09:27 PM »
The 'Kingdom of Heaven' is synonymous with the phrase the 'Kingdom of God', which refers to the fact that God had become dynamically involved in the lives and therefore the world of humanity.  It doesn't mean that everyone acknowledges the role of God within their lives, but that the right to do so is open to all.
OK, fair enough. As you would expect though, I disagree.
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

floo

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 08:50:05 AM »
The look on the faces of the 'born again' lot would be well worth seeing if they discovered  on their arrival in heaven all the nasty heathen were there too. ;D ;D ;D

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 10:26:53 AM »

You, I assume, see yourself as a reasonably intelligent person, let's assume that's true.

I'm not asking you to believe anything in particular.

You are and have been in the course of your writings here on this R & E Forum been promoting that you think there is  is something  in existence that you call god, you have never supplied anything that would confirm that there is any such thing, nor to the best of my knowledge has anyone else in the whole of the world done so either

In spite of this fact that no one in the whole of the world has supplied any kind of evidence that any of these gods actually exist and you then ask me to prove this god idea is a nonsense, why?

It's a pretty firm evidence based assertion that you are unable to prove this god of yours exists nor are you ever likely to do so.

The evidence is that you can't and are never likely to come up with any viable evidence.

Your promoting something without any supporting evidence; I'm not.

ippy

No, you're just an obsessive nuisance, apparently with nothing else on your mind but to deride people on a forum:  sad man!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:57:27 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »
No, heaven is not for real, Sass. Like all the other god stories man has invented over the ages, it is just wishful thinking.

My claim is just as impossible to prove as yours is, of course, but given man's weakness for inventing pretty stories to deny the finality of death, it is more than probable that I am right.

But if living in denial floats your boat, and doesn't frighten the horses, why not?

If you actually believe that, and are not being your usual sanctimonious self, then why don't you leave her, and everyone else here, alone, and just buzz off?

BA.

floo

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »
Heaven would not be "heaven" to me, if everyone I care about (regardless of whether they have a religion or not), were not there.

No amount of funny excuses is going to change that!

Even if heaven exists and everyone you care about is there, what if they aren't the same people they are in life?

I have no wish to meet up with anyone after death, even the people of whom I am fond. I fervently hope death is the end!

Leonard James

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 02:01:18 PM »

If you actually believe that, and are not being your usual sanctimonious self, then why don't you leave her, and everyone else here, alone, and just buzz off?

Simply because, Anthony, you make it quite clear that I am a thorn in your side ,,, that alone is a good reason to keep me plugging away at the truth.  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:14:43 PM by Leonard James »

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »

Simply because, Anthony, you make it quite clear that I am a thorn in your side ,,, that alone is a good reason to keep me plugging away.

Not at all. You are back-peddling. I thoroughly enjoy posting to you, and your replies are amusing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:19:12 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

Sassy

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 12:03:57 AM »

Sass you still haven't come up with any credible evidence that might support any of your claims.

You must have worked it out by now, since you're not as dense as Sparky, so you should know it's no good trying to use the bible to prove the bible is right.

Where is there any credible evidence that would support the superstitious mythical and magical parts of your manual?

To this date just like Hope you haven't presented one piece of credible evidence that could possibly support the numerous strange parts of your manual, (strange parts like: like someone coming back from the dead, it doesn't happen).

ippy

One word sums up your post....IGNORANT...
Click on the link you might actually learn to learn something by looking at that which I am referring to...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »

The truth is you cannot see or know the things I do.

Whatever denial floats your boat and horses and for courses...
As an atheist how could you possibly know the things of God?

Sassy

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 12:08:11 AM »

Where is your evidence that God and heaven DO NOT exist?

You don't have the evidence you claim...

torridon

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 07:21:54 AM »

Where is your evidence that God and heaven DO NOT exist?

You don't have the evidence you claim...

Negative proof fallacy.

The duty to justify claims lies with people making positive assertions.