Author Topic: Show us the evidence  (Read 34770 times)

ippy

Re: Show us the evidence
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »

It is so pathetic to watch these anti-religionists talking any old rot, not in serious debate, but only to debunk and deride.  I wonder what a psychiatrist would make of them?

Well BA until someone comes up with something that could realistically validate any of the superstitious mythical and magical  stuff in your manual, debunking and deriding, what do you expect?

My family debunked and derided me until I proved to them that Star Trek was real and it was them that were getting it wrong.(Get the parallel)?

ippy

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2015, 05:50:39 PM »

It is so pathetic to watch these anti-religionists talking any old rot, not in serious debate, but only to debunk and deride.  I wonder what a psychiatrist would make of them?

Well BA until someone comes up with something that could realistically validate any of the superstitious mythical and magical  stuff in your manual, debunking and deriding, what do you expect?

My family debunked and derided me until I proved to them that Star Trek was real and it was them that were getting it wrong.(Get the parallel)?

ippy
Argumentum ad ridiculum. Think up of something ridiculous, put the word God in there, hope some of the halo of ridiculousness rubs off.

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »

Just because people are prepared to suffer for their belief systems doesn't mean they have any credibility!
Do have a think before you post, Floo. It clearly had some credibility in their eyes at least. It doesn't thereby mean they were correct to believe it though.
Look at suicide bombers who are more than happy to be killed for their faith!
Yes, it is credible in their eyes. "Credible" means, "Able to be believed; convincing." They are seemingly convinced by it. They are able to believe it.
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Alien

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »

Just because people are prepared to suffer for their belief systems doesn't mean they have any credibility! Look at suicide bombers who are more than happy to be killed for their faith!

Nor is there any reason for believing that the accounts of their martyrdom are true simply because they come from the Bible.
Which accounts?
They are just as open to doubt as many other Bible claims.
Why?
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Alien

« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2015, 05:55:50 PM »
The gospels etc were written a long time after Jesus was dead, so their accuracy has to be in grave doubt especially where the less than credible events are concerned.
Not every sentence has to have "less than credible" or "God is evil" in it, Floo. Do give it a try sometime.

I wonder how many actual historical events have been recorded with total accuracy?
What do you mean by total accuracy? Covering every detail?

Leonard James

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2015, 08:34:09 PM »

Just because people are prepared to suffer for their belief systems doesn't mean they have any credibility! Look at suicide bombers who are more than happy to be killed for their faith!

Nor is there any reason for believing that the accounts of their martyrdom are true simply because they come from the Bible.
Which accounts?
Why?

Because they are all of human origin, despite claims of "God guided", and humans are prone to mistakes and self-deception.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2015, 08:42:22 PM »
Just because people are prepared to suffer for their belief systems doesn't mean they have any credibility!
If, as the early church recorded (not the Bible, except in Stephen and James' case, pay attention Leonard), none of them recanted while being killed,
Where are these fabled non Biblical early church records?

we can say they definitely believed they had met Jesus alive after his death.

No we can't.  These records, if they exist, are probably fiction or lies.

If they were right, that would mean Jesus is alive now.

If if if if if if iffity if.

That would mean he could be contacted; it would be up to each individual to make the effort to contact him.

What's his Twitter name?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Alien

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »

Which accounts?
Why?

Because they are all of human origin, despite claims of "God guided", and humans are prone to mistakes and self-deception.
Since your post is of human origin, you'll be OK with me thinking it being due to you making a mistake or being self-deceived then.

Alien

« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2015, 02:08:50 PM »
The gospels etc were written a long time after Jesus was dead, so their accuracy has to be in grave doubt especially where the less than credible events are concerned.
Not every sentence has to have "less than credible" or "God is evil" in it, Floo. Do give it a try sometime.

I wonder how many actual historical events have been recorded with total accuracy?

I prefer to use the word 'evil' to describe the less than credible deity featured in the Bible. I don't like swearing but if I did there is not enough vile swear words in the world to use where it is concerned!
That's not what I asked, Floo. What do you mean by total accuracy? Covering every detail?

Alien

« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »

I prefer to use the word 'evil' to describe the less than credible deity featured in the Bible. I don't like swearing but if I did there is not enough vile swear words in the world to use where it is concerned!
That's not what I asked, Floo. What do you mean by total accuracy? Covering every detail?

What I said!
No, you didn't. What do you mean by "total accuracy"?

Alien

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »
Look up the definition on wiki!
And the page is where?

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2015, 06:01:25 PM »

ippy

Oh, I get it, though I had to ask for help.. The thing I don't get, is why you are just banging on and on about this;  and I can't get a believable answer for that phenomenon.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."