Author Topic: Why is this forum attracting so few new members?  (Read 20007 times)

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
Re: Why is this forum attracting so few new members?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
Leo is probably right.

SusanDoris

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
I wonder if it is because of all this twitter stuff? On the other two forums I go to new members are few. Perhaps there is just a natural lull in forum discussion on the internet. We who got to know each other on the BBC board share a strong inclination to keep in touch with old friends, and I for one do not want to miss what good writers say, so even if there are only one or two topics that I choose to post on, I do not want to leave!It's a pity bluehillside seems to have gone? 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:32:34 PM by SusanDoris »
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 05:35:57 PM »
Could it be anything to do with the fact that many people feel uncomfortable discussing religion regardless of their faith positions.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:55:25 PM by Hope »
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 05:49:06 PM »
It's a pity bluehillside seems to have gone? 

And after the mods went to the trouble of disabling Karma again to stop his panties from bunching too.
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »
I miss the glory days when we were the subject of discussions and presentations in Welsh Working Men's clubs

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 06:01:57 PM »
Maybe because they see us all as a bunch of losers who keep going round in circles.  :)
Post of the week......Right on the money.

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2015, 06:05:08 PM »
I miss the glory days when we were the subject of discussions and presentations in Welsh Working Men's clubs

And the PoTW prize was a trip to the Bahamas.
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

Andy

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »
I think a big reason is because it is such a nightmare ball ache to register here now. I re-registered last year and I had to go through the facebook page for them to understand that I was trying to register and that I wasn't one of the hundreds of bots they dealt with every week.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »

Ah yes, I remember the week we won it jointly and Senga the cocktail waitress at The Bahamas Lounge in Billericay was rushed off her feet.

Rhiannon

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »
I think a big reason is because it is such a nightmare ball ache to register here now. I re-registered last year and I had to go through the facebook page for them to understand that I was trying to register and that I wasn't one of the hundreds of bots they dealt with every week.

You probably have a point. I reckon Gordon checks and blocks somewhere between twenty and thirty spammers a day. It's so easy to end up on a blacklist at somewhere like spamhaus - if you've ever had an opt-in mailing list on a blog for example. Sometimes we spot one that looks legit and then turns out to be a bot.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »

You probably have a point. I reckon Gordon checks and blocks somewhere between twenty and thirty spammers a day. It's so easy to end up on a blacklist at somewhere like spamhaus - if you've ever had an opt-in mailing list on a blog for example. Sometimes we spot one that looks legit and then turns out to be a bot.

We are all bots just some of us are looking at the  stars

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 07:09:18 PM »
Maybe because they see us all as a bunch of losers who keep going round in circles.  :)

Anybody looking in here will soon realise that there is little scope for debate:  it's just atheists condemning, with little or no realistic give and take.  In short the place is sterile, and all but moribund.
BA.

Jesus said to him, 的 am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Owlswing

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 09:03:32 PM »

Anybody looking in here will soon realise that there is little scope for debate:  it's just atheists condemning, with little or no realistic give and take.  In short the place is sterile, and all but moribund.

I regtret that what you say is, to a large extent, correct.

OK, I rarely look at the vast majority of topics, Christianity, Islam, Jewish, sports, have little or no attraction and alot of threads descend into prove it/disprove it spirals or exchanges in quote-mining.

The restricted numbers on these boards result in far too many threads becoming repeats of dozens of other threads with the same protagonists going over the same old ground.

It is a great pity that so many of the old Beeb R and E population are no longer around or contactable.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
So..........The forum feels like '' A conversation had''?

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »
The younger people are all into the various social media sites.  This forum relies on older people, with little new to say.  As well as that, there isn't time to be on here much if you are into Twitter, etc.
BA.

Rhiannon

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »
Could it be that in some weird way we actually enjoy each others' company?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2015, 09:36:54 PM »

What does that stand for? Piss off TW?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2015, 09:38:48 PM »

And yet here you are, always ready with an insult.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »

And yet here you are, always ready with an insult.

Please see, M41.
BA.

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 09:56:52 PM »

OK.

When are you gonna leave.

So the rest of us can have a decent conversation about the fallacies between the original texts of Paulane theology, and how Mark and Matthew contradict his version of salvation and how Paul dictated Christianity to his followers as portrayed in his Greek centric letters in complete contrast to the writers of the later 'gospel'?

Rhiannon

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 09:58:42 PM »
I'm always learning stuff on here.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »

OK.

When are you gonna leave.

So the rest of us can have a decent conversation about the fallacies between the original texts of Paulane theology, and how Mark and Matthew contradict his version of salvation and how Paul dictated Christianity to his followers as portrayed in his Greek centric letters in complete contrast to the writers of the later 'gospel'?

Your post exactly shows why nobody joins up here anymore.
BA.

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2015, 10:30:55 PM »
Your reply shows that you have no idea what I'm referring to..

Anyone else care to enlighten them??

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2015, 10:34:15 PM »
Your reply shows that you have no idea what I'm referring to..

Anyone else care to enlighten them??

I don't think anybody cares.
BA.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2015, 09:08:44 AM »
I think that the attitudes of some self-described christians on this forum differ little from those found in medieval times when heresies were being rooted out and heretics put to death. They treat atheism as some kind of heresy instead of just being a rational alternative to credulity.

Slaughter the lot. God will recognise his own.

Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?