Author Topic: Jesus Hates...  (Read 28964 times)

Ricky Spanish

Jesus Hates...
« on: June 27, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
Fags, Homosexuals, same sex marriage.

Apart from shellfish and cloven hooves, what else does Jesus hate?
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

floo

Re: Jesus Hates...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:35:07 AM »

Where in the Bible does Jesus say he hates homosexuals etc? ::) He could well have been gay himself!

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 11:35:38 AM »

Atheists, obviously.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:36:02 AM »
Fig trees.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

floo

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »
Fig trees.

We have a fig tree in our garden, it is producing figs, and looks very healthy in spite of Jesus cursing them! ;D

Shaker

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »
Pigs.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

SqueakyVoice

• Life. Don't talk to me about life.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »
People inviting him to parties and then saying, "Oh no, Jesus, we forgot to get any wine..."
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - D Adams

floo

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »
People inviting him to parties and then saying, "Oh no, Jesus, we forgot to get any wine..."

It was useful he liked it so much that he had plenty to hand to get them all legless! ;D

jjohnjil

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 02:38:14 PM »

In future. please don't post this sort of thing when I'm in the middle of drinking a cup of coffee.  I'm sending you the bill for coffee stains all over my laptop!

Thank you.

L.A.

• Radcliffe U3A
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »

If I were in Gods position, I would get really cheesed off with people who assume that they know what offends me.
Brexit Bar:

Full of nuts but with lots of flakey bits and a bitter aftertaste

Shaker

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »
There is what its believers regard as 'evidence' for Jesus hating pigs, however.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »

Same old chestnut comments, from all the old, tired posters, even though the incidents have been explained many times, by me alone.  Still, when you're an obsessive, you have to cling to any stupid things you can to keep up the sad on-going puerility.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

floo

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »

If I were in Gods position, I would get really cheesed off with people who assume that they know what offends me.

You never know the old boy might find us wicked heathen much more to its taste than those humourless, extreme, preachy Christians who think they are in its club! ;D

L.A.

• Radcliffe U3A
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 05:34:07 PM »

You never know the old boy might find us wicked heathen much more to its taste than those humourless, extreme, preachy Christians who think they are in its club! ;D

There is no one more irritating than the 'Smart Arse' who has all the answers - so  presumably God had a fairly low opinion of all those 'Know it all' fundamentalists that we encounter from time to time.
Brexit Bar:

Full of nuts but with lots of flakey bits and a bitter aftertaste

floo

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »

There is no one more irritating than the 'Smart Arse' who has all the answers - so  presumably God had a fairly low opinion of all those 'Know it all' fundamentalists that we encounter from time to time.

If the deity exists and isn't as unpleasant as the Bible gives the impression it is, I reckon it might not be too thrilled with Christians who put others off the faith, like one or two do on this forum!

One in particular is always slagging off us wicked non believers, but is apparently in total denial about their own unpleasant behaviour and doing exactly what they are accusing others of doing! I am on the verge of losing it with them completely and telling them in no uncertain terms exactly what I think of their disgusting behaviour. However, if I do I will have to fork out another £100 to charity, which I promised to do if I really went OTT where they are concerned. As I have had quite an expensive month, I would sooner not have to spend anymore at present! 

Rhiannon

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »

There's an awful lot of it on this forum. Quite a few know that 'God is against gay marriage'.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
There's an awful lot of it on this forum. Quite a few know that 'God is against gay marriage'.
Are you saying that you know that he isn't, Rhi?

The problem with a lot of Jesus' teachings is that very few of them lay down any sort of 'legal' position; rather, they are principles and Christians are meant to use their God-given minds to apply them to specific issues that they encounter.  I realise that, for some here, this lack of the 'Thou shalt/shalt not' kind of position on a number of issues is unnerving, since they don't like using their God-given brains in this way.  However, that's their look-out not mine or any other person's - Christian or not.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Shaker

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »

Negative proof fallacy.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 06:59:39 PM »

Negative proof fallacy.
Sorry, Shaker; I'd forgotten that you have a problem with your recorded messages getting stuck. I was just asking Rhi whether she had any Biblical references that indicate - when taken in conjunction with other Biblical references - that gay marriage is acceptable to God.  Perhaps you would care to answer on her behalf, since you have decided to field that particular point?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:03:33 PM by Hope »
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Shaker

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 07:04:39 PM »
Not a problem at all. If somebody invokes some named example of lazy, sloppy, fallacious thinking, as you did, I point it out, as I just have, in fact. The only problem here is that some people don't seem to know that they're doing it and keep doing it. That's sad.

Any chance of an answer as to why yesterday's SCOTUS decision with regard to equal marriage throught the US was "questionable" as good news? I asked on the pertinent thread but you appear not to have seen it yet.

God is as irrelevant to equal marriage as it is to everything else. You purport to believe in this crap, you're the one who has to raid your book to find this or that passage for or against. It's irrelevant. The rest of us think about real things that actually exist - like people - and real things that actually matter, like their happiness, and make decisions and take positions on that basis.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:09:29 PM by Shaker »

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 07:11:13 PM »
Not a problem at all. If somebody invokes some named example of lazy, sloppy, fallacious thinking, as you did, I point it out, as I just have, in fact. The only problem here is that some people don't seem to know that they're doing it and keep doing it. That's sad.
It is, isn't it, Shaker.  I'll keep praying that you manage to break the habit   ;)

Shaker

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »
The habit of pointing out when people are invoking fallacies? No, that's a habit I'd rather keep; in the long run the credulous, the superstitious and the plain old hard of thinking might finally catch up and we'd all have a higher level of discussion.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »
The habit of pointing out when people are invoking fallacies? No, that's a habit I'd rather keep; in the long run the credulous, the superstitious and the plain old hard of thinking might finally catch up and we'd all have a higher level of discussion.
I think there are a few atheists and theists having that higher level of discussion whereas someone like yourself seems to enjoy a low knockabout slanging.

Shaker

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 07:38:32 PM »
I think there are a few atheists and theists having that higher level of discussion whereas someone like yourself seems to enjoy a low knockabout slanging.
I can multitask, and am quite happy in either capacity. On the whole I tend to reply in kind, so that if somebody expresses themselves well and demonstrates themselves to be obviously capable of an intelligent and thoughtful discussion, they can expect the same from me.

The constant assertion merchants and consistent fallacy peddlers on the other hand hand are just chew toys suitable for five minutes' amusement now and again.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 08:06:43 PM »
I can multitask
Brilliant......you da man!