Author Topic: Jesus Hates...  (Read 28960 times)

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Re: Jesus Hates...
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »
It is not widely known, but Jesus really hated coconut macaroons.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Leonard James

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »

Oh dear, I thought it was doughnut macaroni he didn't like, but my hearing isn't to good these days.  :(

jjohnjil

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »
It is a fact that, originally, crucifiction was punishment for political crimes against the Roman Empire, hence 'INRI', he was crucified for being hailed as the King of the Jews, not what hew claimed IIRC, but it was seen by the Romans as a rallying cry for those who wanted rid of the Romans.

The Romans didn't give a shit for Judaism or for burgeoning Christianity, they only gave a shit for the Roman Empire and its continuing existence and security.
Nat, the Romans didn't seem to have any problems with Jesus until the Jewish authorities arrested him and asked that he should be executed for blasphemy.  In fact, the Romans were remarkably tolerant when it came to religious variety.

As long as they didn't threaten Roman rule.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »

Oh dear, I thought it was doughnut macaroni he didn't like, but my hearing isn't to good these days:(

I think it's more like your brain.    :)   
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Owlswing

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »
It is a fact that, originally, crucifiction was punishment for political crimes against the Roman Empire, hence 'INRI', he was crucified for being hailed as the King of the Jews, not what hew claimed IIRC, but it was seen by the Romans as a rallying cry for those who wanted rid of the Romans.

The Romans didn't give a shit for Judaism or for burgeoning Christianity, they only gave a shit for the Roman Empire and its continuing existence and security.
Nat, the Romans didn't seem to have any problems with Jesus until the Jewish authorities arrested him and asked that he should be executed for blasphemy.  In fact, the Romans were remarkably tolerant when it came to religious variety.

Quite clearly your history teacher had a very different view of such things to mine!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

floo

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2015, 06:46:53 PM »

Quite clearly your history teacher had a very different view of such things to mine!

And mine!  ::)

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2015, 09:46:28 PM »

Sorry to hear that; I was simply reflecting the bulk of historical material I've read and heard reported over the last 30+ years.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Owlswing

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2015, 11:23:35 PM »

Sorry to hear that; I was simply reflecting the bulk of historical material I've read and heard reported over the last 30+ years.

And me over the last 55+ years!

I am truly sorry, Hope, but I have read your posts for a while now and there appears to be nothing that you haven't read about, been taught about, heard about, learnt about in you your travels just about everywhere and your interaction with just about every religion known to man or beast, and to try to talk to you is just about impossible as you seem to know just about everything about everything!

I leave you to your towering knowledge of everything.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Shaker

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
Ouch  ;D

Beautiful and brilliant post  :)
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2015, 03:25:50 AM »

I am truly sorry, Hope, but I have read your posts for a while now and there appears to be nothing that you haven't read about, been taught about, heard about, learnt about in you your travels just about everywhere and your interaction with just about every religion known to man or beast, and to try to talk to you is just about impossible as you seem to know just about everything about everything!

Good grief:  I could have written that self-same post about you - scientist, philosopher, theologian, general oracle on all matters!   
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Owlswing

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2015, 06:45:46 AM »

Good grief:  I could have written that self-same post about you - scientist, philosopher, theologian, general oracle on all matters!

And I about you also except that you come up as a one-trick-pony blinkered to see only what the Book of Chinese whispers tells him.

What I find so irritating is the inability of some to see that they are not always totally right - I am totally right on, possibly, one item in five or even ten, if I'm lucky.

I was, as I remember, totally wrong in my acceptance of my father's professed religion. Managed to put that one right though, even if it did take me about 40 years to do so.

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2015, 08:22:16 AM »

As I understand it the Romans didn't care who did what or believed what amongst the Jews (Essenes, Pharisees, Sadducees and even the Zealots) as long as no-one upset the peace or challenged Rome in any way. Jews were exempt from military service, IIRC, whereas other nations and religions were not. Once, at least, 6000 Pharisees got away with not swearing allegiance to Caesar (though a fine had to be paid).
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

ippy

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2015, 09:04:27 AM »

That fits in with your delusion.

ippy

ippy

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »

I have met and had to deal with many teachers in my working life and in my experience there are a lot of teachers that on receiving their degree they seem to think that they have at the same time acquired the key to all of the knowledge in the universe, not all of them of course but it's not unusual, it seems to go with the trade.

ippy

Sassy

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2015, 09:15:15 AM »
Fags, Homosexuals, same sex marriage.

Apart from shellfish and cloven hooves, what else does Jesus hate?

Jesus doesn't hate people...
God doesn't hate people.  God hates sin not the sinner... :o

And you know that for a FACT, do you? ;D
Elementary... if God hated the sinner he would not have sent his Son to die to save them, whilst still sinners, would he?
Don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that out...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2015, 09:18:47 AM »
If some Christians have 'god given ' brains it proves the deity is all that is evil! :o
The same could be said about non-Christians with 'god-given' brains, I suppose, Floo.   ;)  Do you fit into that category, perhaps? ;D

I am a 'wicked heathen' and proud to be so! ;D However, I do my best to help others along the way. Even though I fall well short of perfection, at least I haven't perpetrated the evil deeds attributed to the Biblical deity!

You mock God, you lie about God and you put yourself above God. You constantly deny Satan and you attribute evil to God.
What if someone said that you brought everything on yourself with your family by rebelling? What God and Jesus does is nowhere the same as your grandmother or parents..

What evil you do is you do not honour thy Father and Mother nor do you honour the true God of heaven and earth.
All for the sake of fitting in this world... In truth the path to hell is paved with good intentions...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Owlswing

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »

Elementary... if God hated the sinner he would not have sent his Son to die to save them, whilst still sinners, would he?

No, you do not have to be a rocket scientist - you have to be a blinkered, rose-coloured-spectacle-wearing, deluded and totally brainwashed Christian.

Sassy

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »

No, you do not have to be a rocket scientist - you have to be a blinkered, rose-coloured-spectacle-wearing, deluded and totally brainwashed Christian.

Nah! doesn't cut the mustard... the greatest love you can have is to die for another.... So if the greatest love you can have is to die for another then God showed his love by sending his Son to die in the place of all humanity...
So deluded and brainwashed is an excuse because you don't want the bible to be true. But the facts speak for themselves and you cannot change the truth and no amount of excuses can change it...

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »
Or more likely, a 'blinkered, rose-coloured-spectacle-wearing, deluded and totally brainwashed' atheist, Nat.  From a logical pov, what Sass has stated is perfectly acceptable.  You might want to query its rationality, but even then, there is a perfectly legitimate rationale behind it.

Please try better next time you want to diss someone's comment and/or opinion.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

floo

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2015, 09:26:22 AM »

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the deity should have died itself if humans really needed 'saving', as human nature was its creation, rather than get a young unmarried girl pregnant, in order that his 'son' would die a gruesome death! Get real, Sass!

Leonard James

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2015, 09:29:53 AM »

Nah! doesn't cut the mustard... the greatest love you can have is to die for another.... So if the greatest love you can have is to die for another then God showed his love by sending his Son to die in the place of all humanity...
So deluded and brainwashed is an excuse because you don't want the bible to be true. But the facts speak for themselves and you cannot change the truth and no amount of excuses can change it...

Unfortunately for you, Sass, they are not facts or the truth ... they are just stories you believe because you are over-credulous.

ippy

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2015, 09:43:15 AM »
Or more likely, a 'blinkered, rose-coloured-spectacle-wearing, deluded and totally brainwashed' atheist, Nat.  From a logical pov, what Sass has stated is perfectly acceptable.  You might want to query its rationality, but even then, there is a perfectly legitimate rationale behind it.

Didn't you mean indoctrinated?

ippy

Owlswing

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »

I am not an atheist! If you ever bothered to actually read what was written and not what you want to see you would know that!

There is absolutely nothing logical or rational about it.

Owlswing

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

Unfortunately for you, Sass, they are not facts or the truth ... they are just stories you believe because you are over-credulous.

Well said LJ!

cyberman

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »

Another claim masquerading as a fact. You atheists and your unsupported assertions!