Author Topic: Jesus Hates...  (Read 28953 times)

trippymonkey

Re: Jesus Hates...
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »
OOH The IRONY of that reply ?!!?!? ;)

Leonard James

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2015, 02:11:49 PM »

Unfortunately for you, Sass, they are not facts or the truth ... they are just stories you believe because you are over-credulous.

Another claim masquerading as a fact. You atheists and your unsupported assertions!

Yes, some of us are as bad as Christians at it.  :)

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2015, 02:52:36 PM »
Didn't you mean indoctrinated?

ippy
Not sure that 'indoctrinated' fits with literary criticism and linguistic study, ippy.  Sorry if you find the scientific/linguistic references hard to understand.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the deity should have died itself if humans really needed 'saving', as human nature was its creation, rather than get a young unmarried girl pregnant, in order that his 'son' would die a gruesome death! Get real, Sass!
So, suddenly, you are suggesting that what the New Testament is all about - God dying to save humanity - is what he ought to have done.  I do believe that you are getting to close to understanding the material. 
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2015, 02:58:36 PM »
I am truly sorry, Hope, but I have read your posts for a while now and there appears to be nothing that you haven't read about, been taught about, heard about, learnt about in you your travels just about everywhere and your interaction with just about every religion known to man or beast, and to try to talk to you is just about impossible as you seem to know just about everything about everything!

I leave you to your towering knowledge of everything.
Are you sure that you've been reading my posts, Nat.  Yes, I have had a wide range of experiences and done a fair amount of study during my life, but nothing that remotely reflects what you have described here.  I realise that hyperbole can sometimes make a point, but when its quite as off the wall as your post is, it becomes clear that the point has been lost.

ippy

« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »
Didn't you mean indoctrinated?

ippy
Not sure that 'indoctrinated' fits with literary criticism and linguistic study, ippy.  Sorry if you find the scientific/linguistic references hard to understand.

No not at all Hope, it's just that in the context of that post of yours you used the wrong word, brainwashing methods are not used anywhere any more because it proved to be unsuccessful, so really unless you're referring to the Koreans circa the Korean war, well, it no longer applies anywhere.

Nobody tries to brainwash people any more, it's not like it worked in the first place, you definitely meant indoctrination we all make mistakes, even I do from time to time, I know that's hard to believe but it's true.

Look it up on Wikkie you might learn something.

Ippy

Owlswing

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
I am truly sorry, Hope, but I have read your posts for a while now and there appears to be nothing that you haven't read about, been taught about, heard about, learnt about in you your travels just about everywhere and your interaction with just about every religion known to man or beast, and to try to talk to you is just about impossible as you seem to know just about everything about everything!

I leave you to your towering knowledge of everything.
Are you sure that you've been reading my posts, Nat.  Yes, I have had a wide range of experiences and done a fair amount of study during my life, but nothing that remotely reflects what you have described here.  I realise that hyperbole can sometimes make a point, but when its quite as off the wall as your post is, it becomes clear that the point has been lost.

DAMN GREAT BIG YAWN!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

cyberman

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »

Yes, well spotted. It is indeed ironic that atheists themselves are guilty of what they constantly bleat on about theists allegedly doing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:54:41 PM by cyberman »

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
No not at all Hope, it's just that in the context of that post of yours you used the wrong word,...
In the context of that post, ippy - in which I was quoting another poster - the word was exactly right. 

If you kept up with the thread, you might learn something as well.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the deity should have died itself if humans really needed 'saving', as human nature was its creation, rather than get a young unmarried girl pregnant, in order that his 'son' would die a gruesome death! Get real, Sass!
So, suddenly, you are suggesting that what the New Testament is all about - God dying to save humanity - is what he ought to have done.  I do believe that you are getting to close to understanding the material.

:D :D  And I'm going to win the Lottery for the next ten weeks in a row!!
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

trippymonkey

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »

Yes, well spotted. It is indeed ironic that atheists themselves are guilty of what they constantly bleat on about theists allegedly doing.

And what might they be, por favor??
I'M not an atheist BTW

Nick

cyberman

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »

And what might they be, por favor??
I'M not an atheist BTW

Nick

(a) making assertions without evidence
(b) I never said (nor thought) you were. It isn't all about you, you know!

floo

« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2015, 01:49:51 PM »

What I understand is what fanciful nonsense it appears to be! ::)

ippy

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »
No not at all Hope, it's just that in the context of that post of yours you used the wrong word,...
In the context of that post, ippy - in which I was quoting another poster - the word was exactly right. 

If you kept up with the thread, you might learn something as well.

Just because the other poster used the word brainwashing when they meant indoctrination doesn't excuse you from using the wrong word too.

You really need to get this indoctrination, ( that's what the religious do to as many young children they think they can get away with), as opposed to brainwashing mostly attempted, unsuccessfully,  by the Koreans in the fifties.

ippy

cyberman

« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »
indoctrination, ( that's what the religious do to as many young children they think they can get away with)

Really? And in the little drama which is going on in your head, do they have little meetings with calculators and flip-charts trying to work out how many they think they can get away with?

Have you spoken to a doctor about these conspiracy theories?

ippy

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
indoctrination, ( that's what the religious do to as many young children they think they can get away with)

Really? And in the little drama which is going on in your head, do they have little meetings with calculators and flip-charts trying to work out how many they think they can get away with?

Anything like indoctrination works on percentages. It's one thing attempting to indoctrinate people/children.

Ippy

cyberman

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2015, 03:21:02 PM »

Anything like indoctrination works on percentages. It's one thing attempting to indoctrinate people/children.

Ippy

Gosh, your delusion really is elaborate isn't it?

seek help.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »
Just because the other poster used the word brainwashing when they meant indoctrination doesn't excuse you from using the wrong word too.
So, you would like me to break the rules of the forum by quoting something said by another poster incorrectly?

You really need to get this indoctrination, ( that's what the religious do to as many young children they think they can get away with), ...
You need to understand that what the religious do is no different to what everyone does, ippy.  I realise that you think that using a big word like 'indoctrination' makes you sound big, but there is no more indoctrination by religious peole than there is by any parent.

Shaker

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2015, 04:39:51 PM »
You need to understand that what the religious do is no different to what everyone does, ippy.  I realise that you think that using a big word like 'indoctrination' makes you sound big, but there is no more indoctrination by religious peole than there is by any parent.
Of the parent who says nothing at all about religion to their child(ren) and the parent who raises their offspring to believe that Christianity/Islam/Judaism/insert any other religion as the truth (indeed, the one, true, final, absolute and unalterable truth), it's pretty clear that the latter parent is doing far more in the indoctrination stakes.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ippy

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
So, you would like me to break the rules of the forum by quoting something said by another poster incorrectly?

You really need to get this indoctrination, ( that's what the religious do to as many young children they think they can get away with), ...

If the poster quotes the word brainwashing shouldn't you be addressing brainwashing ie Korea etc, or do you mean that you misunderstood that post.

Which school is it that tries to introduce atheism even A C Graylings school doesn't promote atheism.

Schools are allowed by the law to discriminate when selecting employees.

What's this ethos mentioned in connection with schooling all about it's frequently referred to by various religionists?

The majority of schools that have religious connections are also the ones that have the younger children?

The religious wouldn't dream of swaying the vulnerable young school children into the direction of their particular beliefs, no they wouldn't have done that or keep right on doing it would they?

Over to you Hope in your narrow little made up dream world.

ippy

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »

Ippy

Don't you realise that you are doing, over a period of years, what you are accusing the religious of doing?      No, you don't;  I was silly suggesting you might.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

ippy

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2015, 08:20:15 PM »

Ippy

Don't you realise that you are doing, over a period of years, what you are accusing the religious of doing?      No, you don't;  I was silly suggesting you might.

Have you told all of those atheists running all of these atheist schools about this B A?

No?

ippy

trippymonkey

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2015, 11:34:16 PM »
I've always been of the opinion that it's EXTREMELY rare there's only ONE solution-answer to any question.  ;) ;D

Sassy

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2015, 01:18:05 AM »
Fags, Homosexuals, same sex marriage.

Apart from shellfish and cloven hooves, what else does Jesus hate?

Jesus doesn't hate people...
God doesn't hate people.  God hates sin not the sinner... :o

And you know that for a FACT, do you? ;D
Elementary... if God hated the sinner he would not have sent his Son to die to save them, whilst still sinners, would he?
Don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that out...

God cannot die, he is the true immortal...

As for the rest... your ignorance be it deliberate or otherwise is clearly showing...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2015, 01:19:52 AM »
For the record... was it only Christian men who were soldiers and gave their lives in the war....

Sometimes people make the most unreasoned comments ever...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."