Author Topic: Jesus Hates...  (Read 28930 times)

floo

Re: Jesus Hates...
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2015, 08:26:44 AM »
Fags, Homosexuals, same sex marriage.

Apart from shellfish and cloven hooves, what else does Jesus hate?

Jesus doesn't hate people...
God doesn't hate people.  God hates sin not the sinner... :o

And you know that for a FACT, do you? ;D
Elementary... if God hated the sinner he would not have sent his Son to die to save them, whilst still sinners, would he?
Don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that out...

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the deity should have died itself if humans really needed 'saving', as human nature was its creation, rather than get a young unmarried girl pregnant, in order that his 'son' would die a gruesome death! Get real, Sass!

God cannot die, he is the true immortal...

As for the rest... your ignorance be it deliberate or otherwise is clearly showing...

Another nonsense statement from Sass. ::) You can't provide any evidence it actually exists let alone the nature of the deity! Accusing someone of ignorance it totally stupid when yours is so great!

ippy

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2015, 03:18:02 PM »

Elementary... if God hated the sinner he would not have sent his Son to die to save them, whilst still sinners, would he?

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the deity should have died itself if humans relly there needed 'saving', as human nature was its creation, rather than get a young unmarried girl pregnant, in order that his 'son' would die a gruesome death! Get real, Sass!

As for the rest... your ignorance be it deliberate or otherwise is clearly showing...

Another nonsense statement from Sass. ::) You can't provide any evidence it actually exists let alone the nature of the deity! Accusing someone of ignorance it totally stupid when yours is so great!

Sass your post equates to a rather childish, would be adult in full tantrum calling out over their sholder as they run out of the room slaming the door behind them.

You haven't to date provided any evidence that this he she or it thing that resides in your imagination actually exists and every time you are reminded of this or asked there is always a long silence; failing that there seems to be some need to throw another tantrum.

Really Sass it's quite simple, where is there any evidence that would support your idea that there is in fact a he she or it thing you like to refer to as a god or something in existance somewhere, only you've never actually proved that your god thing exists.

See if you can supply the relevant information without throwing another tantrum.

ippy.

Owlswing

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the deity should have died itself if humans relly there needed 'saving', as human nature was its creation, rather than get a young unmarried girl pregnant, in order that his 'son' would die a gruesome death! Get real, Sass!

Sass your post equates to a rather childish, would be adult in full tantrum calling out over their sholder as they run out of the room slaming the door behind them.

You haven't to date provided any evidence that this he she or it thing that resides in your imagination actually exists and every time you are reminded of this or asked there is always a long silence; failing that there seems to be some need to throw another tantrum.

Really Sass it's quite simple, where is there any evidence that would support your idea that there is in fact a he she or it thing you like to refer to as a god or something in existance somewhere, only you've never actually proved that your god thing exists.

See if you can supply the relevant information without throwing another tantrum.

ippy.

I have odds of 1/100 for the answer to be in the negative! And I don't mean just from Sassy either.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

ippy

« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »

ippy.

I have odds of 1/100 for the answer to be in the negative! And I don't mean just from Sassy either.

I never used to bite my fingernails, wish you hadn't told me, just hope I can get some sleep tonight.

;)ippy

Owlswing

« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »

ippy.

I never used to bite my fingernails, wish you hadn't told me, just hope I can get some sleep tonight.

;)ippy

Don't bother - you are on a racing certainty that Sassy will never, in a million years be able to "supply the relevant information without throwing another tantrum.". She (he?) might be able to do one OR the other but never both at the same time.

Incidentally, and re nothing in particular, I bit my fingernails from ythe ahe of about 18 months unril I was 48 years old, bit them down so far that they would bleed.

Having been taken to hospital with an asthma attack that nearly killed me (smoking 20+ a day when you are a life-long asthmatic does that for you), I somehow, I really know not how, I managed to give up both smoking and biting my nails during the same 10 day stay in hospital.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

ippy

« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2015, 07:25:27 AM »

ippy.

;)ippy

Don't bother - you are on a racing certainty that Sassy will never, in a million years be able to "supply the relevant information without throwing another tantrum.". She (he?) might be able to do one OR the other but never both at the same time.

Incidentally, and re nothing in particular, I bit my fingernails from the age of about 18 months until I was 48 years old, bit them down so far that they would bleed.

Having been taken to hospital with an asthma attack that nearly killed me (smoking 20+ a day when you are a life-long asthmatic does that for you), I somehow, I really know not how, I managed to give up both smoking and biting my nails during the same 10 day stay in hospital.

The lack of response from Sass is in its self an answer, it would be good if we didn't have the tantrums or the endless chapter and verse rubbish from Sass, but there you go.

Hope things turn out alright with the asthma, the smoking I tried it once at about age about 20 and just by chance alone I thought they were disgusting and that was it, never smoked again, luck not a health decision.

I've still lost half a lung last September some sort of infection that turned out to be just that but otherwise benign, all OK now.

Anyway I have to go now I've got to feed the Unicorn and have to have a chat with the fairies at the end of the garden.

Perhaps the fairies might have a spell to stop me worrying about Sass's posts like the things she might say about me?

ippy

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
Someone not replying to a post should not be seen that they are somehow stumped. Sometimes I miss posts, sometimes I am not on the board for a while and don't really feel the need to repl due to time past, others I just get bored with some discussions.

I don't think anything can be said about Sassy not responding to a post other than she has not responded to it.

Leonard James

« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »

Anyway I have to go now I've got to feed the Unicorn and have to have a chat with the fairies at the end of the garden.

Perhaps the fairies might have a spell to stop me worrying about Sass's posts like the things she might say about me?

ippy

I realise that you are being ironic, but it has to be said. Anybody who takes any notice of Sass's opinion of them (whether it's good or bad) needs help with their self-confidence. :)

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2015, 09:16:23 AM »
The lack of response from Sass is in its self an answer, ...
[Are we to take it that when you fail to respond to a question - as, in truth, you sometimes do - its an answer in itself, ip?

As NS points out in his post, ther can be a variety of reasons for not replying to a post or question.  I remember getting home from a 2-week holiday (this took place on a different forum, by the way) to a huge storm as to my cowardice in not replying to a post that had been posted 2 weeks earlier - at a time that I had no internet access, even if I had had my laptop with me.  Unlike some, I try not to signal my absence from home, especially on social media, choosing instead to mention that I have just returned from wherever.

I've still lost half a lung last September some sort of infection that turned out to be just that but otherwise benign, all OK now.
Sorry to hear about the lung.  The chairman of the rilway I'm involved with lost 2/3rds of one of his 2 years ago - again down to some sort of infection.  He finds the dehabilitation seriously frustrating.

I hope they help you relax - or perhaps I ought to say that I hope your belief in such things helps you relax.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

floo

« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »

ippy

I realise that you are being ironic, but it has to be said. Anybody who takes any notice of Sass's opinion of them (whether it's good or bad) needs help with their self-confidence. :)

Agreed! ;D

floo

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2015, 09:28:39 AM »

I hope they help you relax - or perhaps I ought to say that I hope your belief in such things helps you relax.

As unicorns and fairies are as credible as the Biblical deity and its deeds, it is quite reasonable a belief in them could be beneficial! ;D

ippy

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
The lack of response from Sass is in its self an answer, ...
[Are we to take it that when you fail to respond to a question - as, in truth, you sometimes do - its an answer in itself, ip?

As NS points out in his post, ther can be a variety of reasons for not replying to a post or question.  I remember getting home from a 2-week holiday (this took place on a different forum, by the way) to a huge storm as to my cowardice in not replying to a post that had been posted 2 weeks earlier - at a time that I had no internet access, even if I had had my laptop with me.  Unlike some, I try not to signal my absence from home, especially on social media, choosing instead to mention that I have just returned from wherever.

Sorry to hear about the lung.  The chairman of the rilway I'm involved with lost 2/3rds of one of his 2 years ago - again down to some sort of infection.  He finds the dehabilitation seriously frustrating.

Thanks for the thought Hope, firing on all four now, fortunately, for every one else, it didn't affect my looks; as for Sass you have no idea of the amount of torture I go through when I have consulted the oracle and no reply that would augerment my lack of sleep that would otherwise second sight or see me through the week.

I find Sass entertaining, love the reams of text, can hardly wait for the next lot.

ippy

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:48:14 PM by ippy »

ippy

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2015, 12:56:04 PM »

ippy

I admire her character Len, she's OK but if anyone puts their head above the parapet.

"Needs help with their self-confidence". Hope you're not planting nasturtiums.

ippy

ippy

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2015, 01:01:37 PM »

As unicorns and fairies are as credible as the Biblical deity and its deeds, it is quite reasonable a belief in them could be beneficial! ;D

Just got back from having a flooing conversation with them fairies, they were spellbinding but I didn't get into a flap about it.

ippy

Leonard James

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »

ippy

There you go again, forgetting my age and my inability to comprehend modern humour.  What does that mean?

ippy

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2015, 01:45:33 PM »

ippy

There you go again, forgetting my age and my inability to comprehend modern humour.  What does that mean?

I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself Len I'm 73, planting nasturtiums on some one's character, (Mrs Malaprop).

ippy

floo

« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »

Just got back from having a flooing conversation with them fairies, they were spellbinding but I didn't get into a flap about it.

ippy

I am glad those fairies did the business for you. ;D

Leonard James

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »

ippy

I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself Len I'm 73, planting nasturtiums on some one's character, (Mrs Malaprop).

ippy

OIC! It's like cockney rhyming slang. "casting aspersions". No fool like an old fool!  :)

Shaker

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »
But there's many a good tune played on an old fiddle  :)
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Leonard James

« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2015, 07:12:41 PM »

:) :) :)

You have a penchant for saying the right thing.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2015, 08:13:31 PM »
"But there's many a good tune played on an old fiddle."  "No fool like an old fool."  So you're saying he's just a fiddling old fool!   ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:15:07 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

ippy

« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2015, 08:33:14 PM »

Malapropisms Len, Les Dawson's speciality, remember the articulate lorry driver?

ippy

Leonard James

« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2015, 09:02:47 PM »

Malapropisms Len, Les Dawson's speciality, remember the articulate lorry driver?

ippy

No, I'm afraid my memory is a blank about his humour but I remember the name.  :(

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2015, 09:27:15 PM »

ippy

No, I'm afraid my memory is a blank about his humour but I remember the name.  :(
The late, great Les Dawson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxmu9HKN4gY
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2015, 04:27:57 PM »

ippy

I have a particular fondness for his reference to a scottish game-bird of the grouse family which Les referred to as the "fartagain".
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David