Author Topic: Proverbs 6:16-19  (Read 3927 times)

2Corrie

• Not to us, O Lord, But to Your name give glory
Proverbs 6:16-19
« on: June 27, 2015, 12:07:40 PM »
In balance to the other thread, to which I shall not deign reply

Proverbs 6:16-19New King James Version (NKJV)

These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
 A proud look,
 A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.
"It is finished."

floo

Re: Proverbs 6:16-19
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »

A proud look,
 A lying tongue,

The evil b*stard must hate itself then! >:(

Leonard James

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:13:53 PM »
The one thing I particularly hate is people who try to kid us they know something about the likes and dislikes of a "God" they can't even produce any evidence for.

floo

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 01:51:41 PM »
The one thing I particularly hate is people who try to kid us they know something about the likes and dislikes of a "God" they can't even produce any evidence for.

Some people think they know exactly what the deity likes/dislikes, which more often than not coincides with their own thoughts and prejudices. My late mother-in-law knew which clothes the deity liked/disliked, and its favourite TV programmes!  ::) ;D

Leonard James

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 02:53:55 PM »

Some people think they know exactly what the deity likes/dislikes, which more often than not coincides with their own thoughts and prejudices. My late mother-in-law knew which clothes the deity liked/disliked, and its favourite TV programmes!  ::) ;D

Sounds a bit like that weird Margaret woman who used to plague the old BBC board with her fire and brimstone version of Christianity.  :)

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 03:24:57 PM »

Hate:
to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.

You probably mean "dislike,"  or else you are a very odd person.

But it's no more odd than someone who spends hours and hours of precious life time, discussing something he doesn't believe exists!!
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Shaker

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 03:28:38 PM »
How many times are how many people required to tell you that religion does exist and that's what people argue against for it to sink in?
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 03:35:12 PM »
How many times are how many people required to tell you that religion does exist and that's what people argue against for it to sink in?

For the umpteenth time, and to accommodate your lack of appreciation of the obvious:  you have made your point, and did so abundantly ten or more years ago;  yet you still blather on, to the same few people, endlessly and aimlessly.  Very strange!!
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

floo

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »

Sounds a bit like that weird Margaret woman who used to plague the old BBC board with her fire and brimstone version of Christianity.  :)

Margaret was definitely freaky. She claimed she had told her kids their grandmother, of whom they were fond, was going to burn in hell as she didn't share her views on religion! >:(

ippy

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 04:14:56 PM »

A proud look,
 A lying tongue,

"These six things the Lord hates".

I know it's tiresome 2C How do you or anyone else know, how could you or anyone else know.

Still no answer, we all go quite when asked this question, I wonder why?

ippy   

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 07:07:23 PM »
Shaker, I think many people, including theists, would also argue against religion.   
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Shaker

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »
Unlikely, since most of them belong to one.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »
I think he means your caricature version of religion, Shaker.

Shaker

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
I think he means your caricature version of religion, Shaker.
Which is what?

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 10:31:52 PM »

LJ A great funny post  ;D I think you and your friends have produced all the evidence anyone could ask for.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

2Corrie

• Not to us, O Lord, But to Your name give glory
"It is finished."