Author Topic: Pedophiles  (Read 23074 times)

Bubbles

Pedophiles
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:48:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:14:50 PM by Rose »

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
Re: Pedophiles
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
This is by no means new, Rose.  Psychologists have been suggesting this for 20 or 30 years.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »
I don't see it is necessarily that concerning. Note I do not know enough about this area to know whether or not paedophilia(pedant head: note spelling) qualifies as a sexual orientation.

However if it does - it still does not in anyway mean that any change in the rights they have in this respect are coming their way. You still have the issues of consent and harm to deal with.

These issues alone means that paedophilia will remain a criminal activity.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »
Why is it concerning?

Rhiannon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
I don't think anyone considers that paedophilia can be 'cured'. But I think the days are long gone when the idiotic liberal left (and no doubt pervy right somewhere) argued for paedophile rights. We now gave very strong ideas on what informed consent is and are clear that children cannot give it. End of story. There's nothing in that article to suggest that anyone is recommending a campaign for paedophile rights.

What it does show though is that the current ideas around sentence tariffs and rehabilitation aren't going to be effective.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 02:06:43 PM »
Anyway - that Pat Dollard (now that I have accessed the site) is clearly using the issue to take a pop at recent liberalisation of laws for homosexuals.

I would file it under ignore.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

wigginhall

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:13:10 PM »
Yes, bigots still use a nasty comparison between gays and paedophiles.   Shows how desperate and full of hate they are, really.

There was a period in the 70s/80s when paedophiles were given psychiatric treatment, and could avoid prison.  However, this was abandoned later, partly because treatment often didn't work, and also I think some were able to fake it, and then go back to offending.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »
I don't see it is necessarily that concerning. Note I do not know enough about this area to know whether or not paedophilia(pedant head: note spelling) qualifies as a sexual orientation.
Pedant head: the pedophile' spelling is perfectly legit. in American/Canadian English - whence this report came.

However if it does - it still does not in anyway mean that any change in the rights they have in this respect are coming their way. You still have the issues of consent and harm to deal with.

It's perhaps worth remembering that the age of consent is nothing more than a social construct.  At present, it bears very little relation to either an age of being able to make decisions, or to commonly-held views of a child's stages of maturity.  Since I was born, it has slowly been reduced from 25 to 16.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

floo

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »
In the 80s I was shocked when a member of the 'paedophile information exchange' was given airtime on BBC radio. The pervert was pedalling his very sick agenda, saying that adults and children had a right to have sex with each other! >:( >:( >:( Not long after that they became a banned organisation, what took them so long to ban it?

Paedophilia is not a sexual orientation like hetero/homo/sexuality, which are normal. It is a very sick perversion and should always be treated as such.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 02:34:20 PM »
Pedant head: the pedophile' spelling is perfectly legit. in American/Canadian English - whence this report came.

It's perhaps worth remembering that the age of consent is nothing more than a social construct.  At present, it bears very little relation to either an age of being able to make decisions, or to commonly-held views of a child's stages of maturity.  Since I was born, it has slowly been reduced from 25 to 16.
25? When and where?

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »

Leonard James

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »
Sexual deviation is just the result of genetic differences, which themselves are its raison d'etre.

It is up to us to control those which we consider antisocial.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »

You really are a humourless prig aren't you?

Anyway - of course the age of consent is a social construct. That doesn't mean that it is going to be changed to allow paedophiles to molest children. Any suggestion that it is, or could happen is pathetic scaremongering of the very worst kind.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »

25? When and where?

I think Libya was 21
was Hope in Libya? To have experienced this slow reduction? Interested in how we classify this as it isn't true of any part of the UK

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 02:46:29 PM »
Nor indeed of any place I am aware of, so Hope where have you been to have this slow reduction from 25 to 16?

floo

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »
In the UK the age of consent has never been 25, it has been 16 for as long as I can remember and I am older than Hope!

Shaker

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
Off the top of my head it's been 16 since the Labouchere Amendment, which I think was 1880- or 1890-something.

ETA: It was 1885 - and that's when it was raised (from 13), not lowered. So I guess Hopalong is thinking of somewhere else, because the UK it ain't.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:03:54 PM by Shaker »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »
I think some confuse the age of consent and the age of majority, which used to be 21 until the early 70s, I think.

Shaker

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 03:04:14 PM »
Perhaps.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Leonard James

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »
Whilst I see the necessity for a norm, it is quite ridiculous to assume that every child develops at the same rate.

Some kids are totally mature and responsible at 14 and others not capable of making sensible decisions until they are much older.

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 03:13:16 PM »
Rose,
I believe that a homosexual can be a paedo. You mention lack of research. Yes of course, how politically incorrect it would be to research homosexual paedos. Look, a fella that is horny for young males and not young females is a homosexual paedo. Recognizing that homosexuals have been persecuted for ever, it is no excuse to deny that sickos can be among them. Are they human? I think so, so yes, lets not cover up the reality that some may want to harm boys. I mean is a heterosexual that goes after young girls not heterosexual? Silly isn't it? No problem with claiming a peado is heterosexual. Ruffles no feathers, like apple sauce on a pork chop.

Leonard James

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »
Whilst I see the necessity for a norm, it is quite ridiculous to assume that every child develops at the same rate.

Some kids are totally mature and responsible at 14 and others not capable of making sensible decisions until they are much older.

Yes, I think the law is set to protect the childish ( childlike ?) ones for longer

Indeed, and when a case is brought up that should always be taken into consideration. The law is there for the guidance of wise judges and the strict obedience of foolish ones. Unfortunately there is no shortage of the latter.

floo

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 03:36:27 PM »
Both heterosexuals and homosexuals can be paedophiles. Sadly some bigots seem to focus exclusively on homosexuals where paedophilia is concerned! >:(

Gonnagle

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
Dear Rose,

So a true pedophile ( what ever that is ) cannot change their sexual orientation.

So what do we do, lock them all up and throw away the key, if one child is harmed, is that one child too many, should they all be tagged.

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

floo

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 05:41:03 PM »
Dear Rose,

So a true pedophile ( what ever that is ) cannot change their sexual orientation.

So what do we do, lock them all up and throw away the key, if one child is harmed, is that one child too many, should they all be tagged.

Gonnagle.

I agree and brand them too! >:(