Author Topic: Pedophiles  (Read 23022 times)

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
Re: Pedophiles
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »

Actually...come to think of it...traditionally, in all societies... sex (marriage) has been allowed soon after puberty.  So, sex with a person post puberty (say even a 12 year old) could be argued as not pedophilia. If nature intends it who are we to question it?

I can see some senator latching on to that idea!

Sriram

It has been stated many times on this forum paedophilia refers to sexual activity with a pre-pubescent child. Activity with a pubescent and recently post-pubescent child is hebephilia, and with a sexually-mature child is ephebophilia.

It is not a case of "could be argued", the definitions are clear.

There is a general belief among Christians that Mary the mother of Jesus was 13 or 14 at the time the conception. Assuming that there was no human intervention, does this make God a hebephile?

Alright!..alright!   So much about words....and technicalities.

The point is..... are hebephilia and ephebophilia legal and socially acceptable?  Are adults allowed to marry sexually mature children?   

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2015, 09:14:06 AM »

Actually...come to think of it...traditionally, in all societies... sex (marriage) has been allowed soon after puberty.  So, sex with a person post puberty (say even a 12 year old) could be argued as not pedophilia. If nature intends it who are we to question it?

I can see some senator latching on to that idea!

Sriram

It has been stated many times on this forum paedophilia refers to sexual activity with a pre-pubescent child. Activity with a pubescent and recently post-pubescent child is hebephilia, and with a sexually-mature child is ephebophilia.

It is not a case of "could be argued", the definitions are clear.

There is a general belief among Christians that Mary the mother of Jesus was 13 or 14 at the time the conception. Assuming that there was no human intervention, does this make God a hebephile?

Alright!..alright!   So much about words....and technicalities.

The point is..... are hebephilia and ephebophilia legal and socially acceptable?  Are adults allowed to marry sexually mature children?

That is a very good question, Sriram.

I think that the word "allowed" is perhaps not the most appropriate since it does imply legality and I think that you are really asking about social acceptability. My judgement is that in England if a 50 year old decided to marry a 16 year old, it would attract official attention.

(As an aside, Anna Nicole Smith was 26 when she married an 89 year old multi millionaire. I believe the marriage was never consumated and that they did not live together.)

In Europe I believe the legal age of consent varies between 14 (eg Portugal) and 18 (Malta). In most countries it is 15 (eg France) or 16 (including UK). Some countries have ages of consent that are determined by the age of the sexual partner (Germany 15, but if the partner is over 21, then the question of exploitation has to be investigated).

Depending on the sexual development of the individual this could well be interpreted as hebephilia or ephebophilia. A complication (perhaps) is that girls mature earlier than boys. So for two 15 year olds the girl may be experiencing hebephilia and the boy ephebophilia!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 12:15:23 PM by Harrowby Hall »
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »

You have digressed from the subject of whether pedophile judges, celebrities and other high profile people can at some time manage to make pedophilia acceptable and legal. 

Shaker

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2015, 02:10:07 PM »

You have digressed from the subject of whether pedophile judges, celebrities and other high profile people can at some time manage to make pedophilia acceptable and legal.
You have to be a rare kind of moron to believe that.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 02:47:18 PM »

So that's what Sir Jimmy Savile was doing.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

floo

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2015, 03:01:26 PM »

What a crazy comment. :o Paedophilia is NEVER acceptable whether the pervert is a celeb or not! I can't see it ever being made legal!

Owlswing

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2015, 04:07:41 PM »

. . . and previously

If you really and truly believe this then you are, without a shadow of a doubt, a far sicker puppy that I had ever imagined possible.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Owlswing

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »
It has taken me a while to find, among my reams of papers that I have collected over the years, but I have finally done so, a flyer from forty years ago.

Back in the early 70's I was living in Australia, sydney, and within weeks of each other a C of E vicar and a Catholic priest were both accused of child molestation. The C of E priest was arrested and charged and, eventually sentenced to, iirc, 12 years.

The Catholic priest was removed from his parish before charges could be laid and posted to a parish on South Island, New Zealand.

As soon as this latter information became public flyers began to appear on the doors of Catholics and Protestants all over their parishes.

They read:

If you could stop someone from sexually abusing a child, would you?

If your answer is "yes" you have higher moral standards than your God.

How the god of the bible could allow these and other crimes of violence, and the terrible diseases that man is heir to, is part of the reason that I am no longer Christian.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

floo

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »
If the deity exists, maybe human depravity gives it a thrill!

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2015, 07:57:09 AM »

Pathetic - again!

BA.

Jesus said to him, 的 am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Owlswing

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is your pathetic need to respond.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2015, 09:17:26 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

You people have a  problem:  I don't know what it is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce!
BA.

Owlswing

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

You people have a  problem:  I don't know what it is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce!

"You people" - please define.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

Atheists, anti-theists, anti-Christians:  all you who spend your time debunking things religious.
BA.

Owlswing

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2015, 10:00:25 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

Atheists, anti-theists, anti-Christians:  all you who spend your time debunking things religious.

I do not "debunk" things religious. I just reject your religion in favour of my own.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2015, 10:11:54 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

I do not "debunk" things religious. I just reject your religion in favour of my own.

You debunk, vilify: and you also abuse,  as this recent posts illustrates:

"I suspect that Fllo's atatement that "blaspheming it makes me feel good when I am stressed" may well mean that, when under stress, to yell at the top of your voice "JESUS F*****G CHRIST ALL-F*****G-MIGHTY" is a great means of stress relief.

I know that it works for me."   
BA.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2015, 10:12:48 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

I think you are perhaps on the wrong forum if you expect everyone to agree with you. It is a discussion forum - now you can (and probably will) complain about the quality of those arguments - but to complain about those who have different viewpoints to you seems to miss one of the essential points of this board.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2015, 10:16:53 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

I think you are perhaps on the wrong forum if you expect everyone to agree with you. It is a discussion forum - now you can (and probably will) complain about the quality of those arguments - but to complain about those who have different viewpoints to you seems to miss one of the essential points of this board.

I seem to spend my time as an apologist for Christianity;  not debating text or history; just fending off the vilification and vitriol.  Is that what you think the forum is about?  I haven't noticed you objecting to that type of post; just objecting to me.  Talk about blinkered!!
BA.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2015, 10:59:38 AM »
But I think the days are long gone when the idiotic liberal left (and no doubt pervy right somewhere) argued for paedophile rights.

Which days were they?  I must have missed them.

1974-1984 . . . surely you can't have missed that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

So there you have pedophiles arguing for pedophile rights, but the point was that the "idiotic liberal left" were arguing for them.  It is that of which I have no recollection.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Owlswing

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

You debunk, vilify: and you also abuse,  as this recent posts illustrates:

"I suspect that Fllo's atatement that "blaspheming it makes me feel good when I am stressed" may well mean that, when under stress, to yell at the top of your voice "JESUS F*****G CHRIST ALL-F*****G-MIGHTY" is a great means of stress relief.

I know that it works for me."

My recent post - to yell at the top of your voice "JESUS F*****G CHRIST ALL-F*****G-MIGHTY" is a great means of stress relief - is not debunking, vilification, or abuse, in fact a version of my comment here quoted dates back to the auto-biography of the late great Spike Milligan who stated that the nearest that most soldiers came to religion was to exclaim JESUS F*****G CHRIST ALL-F*****G-MIGHTY when thgey dropped a 25 pounder howitzer shell on their toes.

I consoider myself to be perfectly justified in, should I wish to do so, debunking, vilifiying, and/or abusing, your religious vews when you define mine as crap.

As has been said before, if you can't take it don't try dishing it out!

BeRational

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2015, 01:12:02 PM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

I seem to spend my time as an apologist for Christianity;  not debating text or history; just fending off the vilification and vitriol.  Is that what you think the forum is about?  I haven't noticed you objecting to that type of post; just objecting to me.  Talk about blinkered!!

Make your life easier, and choose to believe that God does not exist.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2015, 04:21:37 PM »

Pathetic - again!

As is yours!

Make your life easier, and choose to believe that God does not exist.

Make your life easier, and save hours and hours, by avoiding the constant repetition!
BA.

BeRational

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2015, 04:39:32 PM »
I only repeat because you evade a simple question.

One that shows you are a liar.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »

I am not a liar:  but you are a fool.
BA.

BeRational

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »

I am not a liar:  but you are a fool.

Can you believe God does not exist?

If you cannot then you ARE a liar.