Author Topic: Pedophiles  (Read 23062 times)

BashfulAnthony

Re: Pedophiles
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
I only repeat because you evade a simple question.

One that shows you are a liar.

I am not a liar:  but you are a fool.

Can you believe God does not exist?

If you cannot then you ARE a liar.

Just go away, for pity's sake.  You are one pain in the proverbial!     :(
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

BeRational

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »

So you evade yet again.

Admit you cannot choose your beliefs.

Its obvious you cannot do why do you claim you can?
I see gullible people, everywhere!

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »

So you evade yet again.

For the last time:  what does it matter to you anyway? What ever I say, you contradict.  Been on the Blue Moon again?     :)
BA.

BeRational

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »

So you evade yet again.

For the last time:  what does it matter to you anyway? What ever I say, you contradict.  Been on the Blue Moon again?     :)

Because I care about truth.

You made a truth statement that I think is false.

You will not answer the question but keep replying.

I will ask until you either respond or go away, then everyone can see that you evaded the question.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2015, 02:39:47 AM »
If the deity exists, maybe human depravity gives it a thrill!

Pathetic - again!

As is your pathetic need to respond.

As is yours!

You people have a  problem:  I don't know what it is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce!

"You people" - please define.

Atheists, anti-theists, anti-Christians:  all you who spend your time debunking things religious.

I do not "debunk" things religious. I just reject your religion in favour of my own.

And what would that be?  Something to do with trees; dressing up in silly clothes;  dancing around at night, when the moon is full?  Do tell, oh wise one!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:41:27 AM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2015, 02:42:42 AM »

So you evade yet again.

Because I care about truth.

You made a truth statement that I think is false.

You will not answer the question but keep replying.

I will ask until you either respond or go away, then everyone can see that you evaded the question.

I suggest you go away, and take your silly ideas with you.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:51:30 AM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

BeRational

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
BA

More evasion and insult.

You fail the test yet again, and confirm that you cannot choose your beliefs as you incorrectly claimed.

Do you accept that this was not correct, and that you cannot actually choose your beliefs?

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2015, 10:26:14 AM »
BA

More evasion and insult.

You fail the test yet again, and confirm that you cannot choose your beliefs as you incorrectly claimed.

Do you accept that this was not correct, and that you cannot actually choose your beliefs?

Why don't you choose to put your template and "tests" away, and think of something a little less boring to say?  Can you do that?  Can you pass the test?    :)
BA.

BeRational

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2015, 10:27:31 AM »
BA

More evasion and insult.

Why don't you choose to put your template and "tests" away, and think of something a little less boring to say?  Can you do that?  Can you pass the test?    :)

You made the claim not me.

If you did not mean it, why did you claim it.

You seem to be backing away from this incorrect claim, why not just admit it?

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »
BA

More evasion and insult.

You know, I've even forgotten what your "test" was about.  So it couldn't have impacted much on me!
BA.

BeRational

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2015, 10:35:29 AM »
BA

More evasion and insult.

You know, I've even forgotten what your "test" was about.  So it couldn't have impacted much on me!

Yet you keep posting about it.

It is simple.

YOU claim you can choose your beliefs.

I challenged you to actually demonstrate this by NOT believing in your god.

You will keep posting any insult or dodge, but you always fail this simple test, and you do not retract the obviously wrong statement.

Do you stand by your statement that you can choose your beliefs?

Rhiannon

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2015, 10:05:50 AM »
But I think the days are long gone when the idiotic liberal left (and no doubt pervy right somewhere) argued for paedophile rights.

Which days were they?  I must have missed them.

1974-1984 . . . surely you can't have missed that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

So there you have pedophiles arguing for pedophile rights, but the point was that the "idiotic liberal left" were arguing for them.  It is that of which I have no recollection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/10659100/Harriet-Harman-Jack-Dromey-Patricia-Hewitt-and-the-Paedophile-Information-Exchange.html

Don't worry, there's a liberal left that isn't idiotic.

Leonard James

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »
Hi Rose,

Of course you can decide what to believe in some circumstances,  when evidence for its truth/falsity is available ... but if such is not the case the honest thing to do is remain undecided.

If, however, the evidence presented to you confirms the truth of it, then you have no choice ... you can't then decide not to believe it. And vice-versa, of course!  :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:56:46 PM by Leonard James »

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2015, 01:48:59 PM »
Hi Rose,

Of course you can decide what to believe in some circumstances, but only if evidence for its truth/falsity not available ... although in that case the honest thing to do is remain undecided.

If, however, the evidence presented to you confirms the truth of it, then you have no choice ... you can't then decide not to believe it. And vice-versa, of course!  :)

It seems I'm not the only one who fails your silly "test." Perhaps you could address yourself to them also, and bore the pants off them, to boot.  It might also be a bit more apposite, if you did it on a more appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:21:03 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
Hi Rose,

Of course you can decide what to believe in some circumstances,  when evidence for its truth/falsity is available ... but if such is not the case the honest thing to do is remain undecided.

No idea what you mean by "the only honest thing to do is remain undecided". If you mean do nothing until you have repeatable, testable evidence in order to decide, that's just one option. Another option is to choose a view. They are equally valid and honest options. If we all sat around undecided until we have repeatable testable evidence for every decision we made very little would get done - especially in relation to business decisions.

You can choose to live your life according to your belief that we have to remain undecided if you want, but thankfully many of us choose a different belief from you in life and choose to take a risk and adopt a view on many things for which you might think the "honest" thing to do is remain undecided and do nothing.
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2015, 02:21:57 PM »
Hi Rose,

No idea what you mean by "the only honest thing to do is remain undecided". If you mean do nothing until you have repeatable, testable evidence in order to decide, that's just one option. Another option is to choose a view. They are equally valid and honest options. If we all sat around undecided until we have repeatable testable evidence for every decision we made very little would get done - especially in relation to business decisions.

You can choose to live your life according to your belief that we have to remain undecided if you want, but thankfully many of us choose a different belief from you in life and choose to take a risk and adopt a view on many things for which you might think the "honest" thing to do is remain undecided and do nothing.

A point well-made, Gabriella.
BA.

floo

« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2015, 02:24:16 PM »
Hi Rose,

Well said.

Leonard James

« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
Hi Rose,

Fine! But centering your life round something which some other human has thought up is not for me.

I am quite capable of arriving at my own moral code and living by it, but perhaps my mistake is in thinking that everybody else can too.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »
Hi Rose,

Fine! But centering your life round something which some other human has thought up is not for me.

I am quite capable of arriving at my own moral code and living by it, but perhaps my mistake is in thinking that everybody else can too.

Maybe they do, but you, in a rather self-important manner do not appreciate it being so.  Not everybody would necessarily see things exactly as you do, would they
BA.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2015, 02:47:57 PM »
Hi Rose,

I would be interested to know a moral code you live by that someone else in history did not think of first. Can you give me an example of a moral code that you came u with all by yourself?
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2015, 02:50:58 PM »
Hi Rose,

I would be interested to know a moral code you live by that someone else in history did not think of first. Can you give me an example of a moral code that you came u with all by yourself?

There are variations possible, in any moral code.  I was suggesting that Leonard had not the right to claim his code was the only one to live by, not that he stated what it actually is!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:06:28 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

ippy

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2015, 03:34:21 PM »
I heard this from a chap some time ago and how he would like to treat pedophiles, it goes as follows: take the said pedophile to a wooden shed, trap certain parts of the offender in a vice inside the shed, give them a knife and then set light to the shed. 

It produced a wry smile on my face I'm sure but I do have some sympathy with the idea because of how revolting this crime is to most people.

Apparently, so I'm told these people really don't think there is anything wrong with their line of thought on this subject and take some convincing there is anything wrong with them?

There are certainly some strange people about.

ippy

Leonard James

« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2015, 03:59:27 PM »

Of course ... the one I live by.

Obviously, like everybody else, I am the product of my nature/nurture, and being a member of a social species pretty well makes certain that others of my species will arrive at the same conclusion as I have, since there aren't an enormous number of variants.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2015, 11:46:18 PM »
Hi Rose,

There are variations possible, in any moral code.  I was suggesting that Leonard had not the right to claim his code was the only one to live by, not that he stated what it actually is!
BA - My question was addressed to Leonard, not to you.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2015, 11:53:24 PM »

Of course ... the one I live by.

Obviously, like everybody else, I am the product of my nature/nurture, and being a member of a social species pretty well makes certain that others of my species will arrive at the same conclusion as I have, since there aren't an enormous number of variants.
If your moral code is influenced by nurture, how are you claiming you came up with your moral code all by yourself? Your claim is just another one of the beliefs you choose to hold - unless you can provide us with repeatable, testable evidence that you live by a moral code that you came up with all by yourself.