Author Topic: Here am I, send......  (Read 20137 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Re: Here am I, send......
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »
Hi Anchorman,

From my point of view, the world sorely needs the input of thoroughly decent, genuine and caring individuals, and, from the evidence of your posts, that's how I see you. As you no doubt realise I am an atheist, but I hope this does not blind me from trying to see the good in each individual. I wish you every success with your calling.

Too old!!! I'm 74, and, at times, I feel as if life has only just begun ;D ;)

-
Shucks!
Thanks,  Enki.
And, for what it's worth, I appreciate your comments.
And, too old?
Sass will no doubt trundle out a few Scriptures based around Abraham to knock that on the head!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 05:02:19 PM »
You don't know what you are talking about Sass. You actually think Anchorman doesn't know what he is taking on? You think he's been living under a rock? From what I've gathered over these few years, Anchorman already does a lot that an ordained minister does. And he is a very mild person compared to you or me. (expect when it's to do with the royals or the UK)

-
Cheers, JC.
And, of course, party politics should never be spouted from the pulpit.
That shouldn't stop preachers expressing concern for "these, the least of My brothers", though - as long as what that person says can be backed up with Scripture.
If they simply go on a political rant-fest, then it's time to avoid them like the proverbial.
I might come across as mild mannered, but I'm no Clark Kent (nor, thank heaveans, Superman...my underpants are on the inside)
Even though I don't quote Scripture with every post, Scripture remains central to my outlook.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »
Dear Jim,

Post 12, if I could offer a wee bit of advice, never forget that Our Lord has a terrific sense of humour, I am living testament to that, especially when I think I am smarter than he is.

Gonnagle.

-
Yep.
When I was a Sunday School teacher and Boys' Brigade officer, my classes were noted for their hilarity.
Thankfully, the unwritten eleventh commandment of the Kirk - "Thou shalt not laugh" - is consigned to history.

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
Jim, I too would like to wish you all the very best in your new calling. I will remember you in my prayers that you may be guided in Spirit and Truth.

Re your question in the OP..... about 9 months ago I had a radical reawakening. Jesus and the God connection (as it were) had been slowly floating away. But, no longer. With a little help from a friend, I am once more home..... and all is well. 
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »
Jim, I too would like to wish you all the very best in your new calling. I will remember you in my prayers that you may be guided in Spirit and Truth.

Re your question in the OP..... about 9 months ago I had a radical reawakening. Jesus and the God connection (as it were) had been slowly floating away. But, no longer. With a little help from a friend, I am once more home..... and all is well.

-
Cheers, SweetPea.
Sometimes Jesus meets us at times and in situations we wouldn't choose, and just when we thought we had consigned the faith thing to a filing cabinet, He brings in a friend, or puts us in a situation, where we have to confront His claim on us all over again.
It's almost worth the backsliding to experience His pulling us back to where He wants us to be, isn't it?

SweetPea

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »

-
Cheers, SweetPea.
Sometimes Jesus meets us at times and in situations we wouldn't choose, and just when we thought we had consigned the faith thing to a filing cabinet, He brings in a friend, or puts us in a situation, where we have to confront His claim on us all over again.
It's almost worth the backsliding to experience His pulling us back to where He wants us to be, isn't it?

Most certainly, Jim. Lucifer is sooo clever, he masquerades as an angel of light.... but it is a counterfeit light and causes deception through hypnosis. My sight and hearing has been restored like never before.... and there's a renewed strength. God Bless you, brother.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »
Dear Sass,

Away and bile yer heid >:(

Gonnagle.

It isn't bile it is fact...

Bile has no place in this ...
Er, Gonners was talking foreign (nearly).
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Alien

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »
Oh good grief, Sassy. Calm down. Jim sounds a very good candidate to me. He knows his Scriptures,  loves his Lord, has lots of relevant experience and seems to have been led by God down this track.

Glad to hear of this, Jim.

Alan.
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Gonnagle

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »
Dear Alan,

Correct, I speak perfect weggie but the written word leaves something to be desired.

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

trippymonkey

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 10:05:42 PM »
So Peeps here, at what times does Jesus pop round for a brew & a creamy bun?

Whatcha mean, that's NOT how it works.
You all talk as if Jesus calls knocking like your pal from round the corner .......?!?!!?!?!

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »
So Peeps here, at what times does Jesus pop round for a brew & a creamy bun?

Whatcha mean, that's NOT how it works.
You all talk as if Jesus calls knocking like your pal from round the corner .......?!?!!?!?!

-
Where have we all said this, please?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 10:22:48 PM »
Dear Jim,

Are you thinking about wearing a dog collar, I know your Church is having a recruitment drive at the moment.

Gonnagle.

He isn't ready for that calling.... because he cannot accept that the truth of God in man is about a change in life and not about knowledge possessed which is not scriptural....

-
I was blissfully in ignorance as to your qualifications for assessor, Sass.
Fortunately those who have such qualifications were of a differing opinion, and my studies start in September.
Thanks for the encouragement, though.

I see you rely on men and not God for assessor?
The truth is they don't see your posts here or attacks on others.
Either way... you are not right for the ministry. I have spent my life around people who were and you are not ministry material.

You  know what they say... Men may make their decisions but God decides the final outcome....

Serving God or serving man and money? You wait till you find that it isn't all about the stipend or the preaching... I have seen good men of God who have relished in the full work of being a preacher..
The hospital visiting.. the home visiting.. the getting up in the middle of the night to help their parishoners... Believe me.. you haven't thought it through... and it could not happen to a nicer person... Be careful what you seek because it isn't a bed of roses it is really hard work .... 

------
- Er....whp mentioned money or a stipend, Sass?
The OLM is unpaid.
Travelling expenses can be claimed, but, since I qualify for free bus and rail travel all over Scotland, that doesn't apply either.
And as an elder, I've been hospital visiting for twenty three years...sometines at the end of life.
As a reader, I've been immensely privilaged to be involved with families as they plan the funeral of a loved one - and conducted that funeral as well.
Again, many thanks for your encouraging words.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:12:46 AM by Anchorman »

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 10:45:59 PM »
He speaks through Scripture, Nick.
Sometimes a verse you've read umpteen times leaps out and grabs you by the throat.
Or in times of prayer, sometimes that feeling of presence is there, seeping into your being.
Or through the words and actions of a friend.
Very occasionally if you stay awake long enough, you might even be made to listen to an otherwise boring sermon and something sticks in your mind, and you know it's from God - if you know the God it's from, that is.
And occasionally - very occasionally, that "Still, small voice" Elijah spoke about comes when you're not looking for it.
It's happened a few times with me...and that's a voice you can't ignore.

SweetPea

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 07:50:39 AM »
So very true, Jim. Scripture is blindingly clear to me at the moment, whereas for years the text seemed to be just 'words'.... it's resounding in my ears. I'm not entirely sure what's happening. All I know is it's time to 'listen'..... just let go, open your heart and listen.

Sassy

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
Good job, I am here to remind you what it really means to Serve God in the community...
Sorry Sass, but I'm still waiting to see anything remotely resembling serving God in the community from you here.

You have to remove the bias and prejudice out of your eye to see the truth. You only have your own truth and that is why you cannot tell the difference.
As someone who has been involved in the selection process from both sides, both in regard to full-time ordained ministry and for work as a missionary overseas, I know what to look out for in a candidate, but I believe that I also know what to listen for in their explanations of call and vision.  I see few of those characteristics in you.

Where... where were you an ordained minister... Where did you take part in the selection process... and why do you think the above makes you qualified over God and His Holy Spirit?

You see you are worldly not Godly.
Had you read the post you would know that priests are not needed now as we are all part of a heavenly priesthood. That there are only those who worship in Spirit and Truth who belong to God and Christ.

May be your arrogance is your downfall... You place yourself and mans ways above Gods... And we see that the Jews were no better they killed the Prophets because they never appeared to say what they wanted or expected to hear....

You cannot walk the walk, you cannot talk the talk and you certainly have no authority over the children of God or any authority to judge who belongs to God and who doesn't.

May be a dose of humbleness and a reality check before God might help you.... Sometimes people suffer because of their beliefs...

As Christ said:

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

So you are liked by people calling themselves Christians and Atheists alike.. Not a shining example is it?

I know what God teaches and there is no other way but Christ...
Glad you feel so high up in your world of faith and beliefs in this world.
As Christ said:
"My kingdom is not of this world."  Men do not requre to be ordained if they have Gods Spirit for unless they have Gods Spirit they do not belong to God....
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2015, 01:46:14 PM »
You don't know what you are talking about Sass. You actually think Anchorman doesn't know what he is taking on? You think he's been living under a rock? From what I've gathered over these few years, Anchorman already does a lot that an ordained minister does. And he is a very mild person compared to you or me. (expect when it's to do with the royals or the UK)

You mean his epic failure to obey God...
King James 2000 Bible
Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

We are to honor the King or the Queen as both are the same in Gods eyes.

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »
What rigorous testing? How do you test Gods calling?
If you have to ask this question, what makes you think you have any credentials for questioning Jim's.

Answered in last post to you. I go by Gods teachings not mans.
A higher credential there isn't.

These tests include attending enquirerer's conferences, 1-1  interviews, counselling sessions, reports from various sources within the candidate's own church and Presbytery.
You mean your minister has to put you forward and that you then attend the interview for suitability where asked to give an account of why you feel God is calling you to the Ministry?
When I went through the process 30-odd years ago, I was interviewed by members of the PCC - I was attending a CofE church at that stage - who made up a ministerial recognition-type panel, and by two or three other groups within the church.  I was then interviewed by the minister, who then discussed me with those who had already interviewed me.  That process took 6 or 7 months.  Only then was my name put forward to the Diocese, and over the next 18 months I had interviews with the folk from their ministerial-recognition panel, sundry other diocesan officers and eventually the Bishop.  Only then was my name sent to central CofE office, Church House, recommending me for what was then called ACCM, and is now called a Bishops Advisory Panel.  That was an intense 3-day process in itself.  Because of circumstances, I had already been interviewed by 2 Theological colleges, both of which had given me a positive report.

This ain't no slap-dash process, Sass.  It can last up to 2 or 3 years even before you start one's traing, and even them one is assessed and re-interviewed during that training - itself a further 2 to 3 years - as to one's suitability and appropriate route once ordained.

I am amazed you cannot see why God called fishermen and not priests to follow Jesus....

Not of the Old Covenant but the New Covenant...
So, is this a rant against the concept of ordination, Sass?  Against the concept of training people to serve the Lord (something that Jesus eemed pretty hot on  ;))?  Remember that even that hallowed document of yours refers to people being called to various roles within the church - administrators, teachers, apostles, etc., etc.

Your answer shows that you think you can justify your position by the way of man and question my own position which God has already justified to you and all men.
And just how has God justified your position, Sass?  Perhaps you could elucidate.

A royal priesthood where we are all priests because we have one high priest and so no earthly priests in the worldly sense are required anymore.

If we seek perfection in any person we won't find it. NOT in you and NOT in I... But in Christ alone will we find our acceptance and perfection. It is the humbling of having no self-righteousness that allows us to examine ourselves and to speak as we feel lead by God.
None of us are exempt....
So a couple of references to 'a royal priesthood' trump Jesus' own clear belief that people had to be prepared for leadership of his Church?  Remeber that the Old Covenant priests were there to intercede with God for the people of Israel.  That role is definitely not necessary, and I doubt whether Jim regards that as a role he would have to undertake.  However, people who are going to teach and have a leadership role still need training.
[/quote]
"My God shall supply ALL YOUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY THROUGH CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD..."

John 16:13.

John 16:13King James Version (KJV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jeremiah 31:33-34King James Version (KJV)

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Where did Christ train? Where did John train? Where did the Apostles train? Where did Paul train? You see the truth of God does not need educated men or trained men.

The fact is the Churches are so dead today because they went their own way instead of Gods way....
You obey God when you believe his words and that comes with actions of obedience and expectation.

King James Bible
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Distinct isn't it...

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

No, no mention of theological college or human teachers..
Because Holy men of God NEVER SPOKE of themselves or what man gave them... they spoke the word of God as the Holy Spirit moved them.....

If God was close and felt close to you... you would know God warns those he loves... What next? You going to tell us God is wrong?

Alien

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »

Where did Christ train?
See Luke 2:46.
Where did John train? Where did the Apostles train?
They went on a 3 year intensive course with the best teacher ever who took them through the Scriptures and showed them how to pray, heal, cast out demons and so on.
Where did Paul train?
See Acts 22:3. He also went off to Arabia after his conversion. What do you think he did there?
You see the truth of God does not need educated men or trained men.
We Christians all have different roles and gifts. If Jesus had to study and ask people questions, then I am sure I need to too.

The fact is the Churches are so dead today because they went their own way instead of Gods way....
Some churches are dead... What about the one you are part of? Is that dead?
You obey God when you believe his words and that comes with actions of obedience and expectation.
Yes.

King James Bible
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Distinct isn't it...
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Not here, since there were no theological colleges, but as we see from Luke 3:46 Jesus asked human teachers and if it is good enough for Jesus, it is good enough for me. Is it good enough for you too?
Because Holy men of God NEVER SPOKE of themselves or what man gave them... they spoke the word of God as the Holy Spirit moved them.....
Actually, it would be good to quote the exact words and see the context. The words are:

"Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

If God was close and felt close to you... you would know God warns those he loves... What next? You going to tell us God is wrong?
What has that got to do with the above?

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 03:46:14 PM »
Where did Christ train? Where did John train? Where did the Apostles train? Where did Paul train? You see the truth of God does not need educated men or trained men.
If he does not need educated men, why use the highly-educated Paul, Sass?  Why did Jesus spent three years training his disciples?  Why did the disciples put so much store by teaching the new disciples?

As above, plenty of mention of teaching - and by humans.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
Er......If God did not need highly educated, trained people to serve Him, Sass, you'd be quoting Scripture in Hebrew, Armaic and Koine Greek, rather than your beloved KJV, 2000 or otherwise....or did you think it came to the printers on golden plates?

(sorry, wrong religion....)

Alien

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 04:57:28 PM »
If he does not need educated men, why use the highly-educated Paul, Sass?  Why did Jesus spent three years training his disciples?  Why did the disciples put so much store by teaching the new disciples?

Wot Hope said.
Mt 5:2 Jesus taught people.
Mt 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Mt 22:16 Jesus taught people.
Mk 1:21 Jesus taught people.
Mk 2:13 Jesus taught people.
Mk 4:1 Jesus taught people.
Mk 6:2 Jesus taught people.
Mk 8:31 Jesus taught people.
Mk 12:14 Jesus taught people.
Lk 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Lk 20:21 Jesus taught people.
Jn 7:14 Jesus taught people.
Jn 8:2 Jesus taught people.
Acts 1:1 Jesus taught people.
Acts 4:18 The apostles taught people.
Acts 5:21/28 The apostles taught people.
Romans 12:7 Christians taught people.
1 Cor 4:17 Paul taught people.
Col 3:16 Christians taught each other.
1 Tim 3:2 Overseers/bishops taught people.
1 Tim 4:1 Timothy taught people.
1 Tim 6:2 Timothy taught people.
2 Tim 2:2 Christians taught each other.
2 Tim 2:24 Christians taught each other.
Titus 2:1,2,3, 9, 15 Titus taught people.
Jas 3:1 Christians taught each other.

Jesus told us to teach people Mt 28:20

And so on and so forth.

Sassy

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 02:43:23 AM »

Where did Christ train?
See Luke 2:46.

How did they train him to speak the words from God?
How did they teach him to heal the sick, give sight to the blind and feed the poor with a few loaves and fishes?

Christ heard what every Jew heard... But the Prophets and Christ received their teachings and words from the Holy Spirit. Why give an answer the bible shows to be wrong?   Christ was not taught by man and neither are Christians. Do you not know the New Covenant is not like the OLD...

Jeremiah 31:31-34. John 4:21-26.

He also said:- " My words are Spirit and they are life."
So no one taught Christ or the Prophets...

2 Peter 1:21King James Version (KJV)

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Where did John train? Where did the Apostles train?
They went on a 3 year intensive course with the best teacher ever who took them through the Scriptures and showed them how to pray, heal, cast out demons and so on.

King James Bible
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

The Kingdom of God is within you....
Because Christ brought the baptism of the Holy Spirit...

The Disciples did not and could not start their missions till they received the Holy Spirit too.
John 16:13
The Holy Spirit is the true teacher who lead them into all truths and showed them the things to come..

Where did Paul train?
See Acts 22:3. He also went off to Arabia after his conversion. What do you think he did there?

22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Acts 21:4 (KJV)

4 And finding disciples, we tarried there seven days: who said to Paul through the Spirit, that he should not go up to Jerusalem.

As you can see they spoke according to the Spirit.
You see the truth of God does not need educated men or trained men.
We Christians all have different roles and gifts. If Jesus had to study and ask people questions, then I am sure I need to too.

Jesus taught them....
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Ye need not any man teach you...
1 John 2:27King James Version (KJV)

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Some churches are dead... What about the one you are part of? Is that dead?

The true Church of Christ are those born of the Spirit and Truth.
That Church is NEVER dead for the gates of hell cannot prevail against it because it is taught by the Spirit not men...

Yes.
King James Bible

Distinct isn't it...

Not here, since there were no theological colleges, but as we see from Luke 3:46 Jesus asked human teachers and if it is good enough for Jesus, it is good enough for me. Is it good enough for you too?

Only you got it wrong... Jesus like all Jews had to learn the scriptures off by heart.
It was those who heard Jesus who were astonished at his understanding  and answers.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Actually, it would be good to quote the exact words and see the context. The words are:

"Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

Best for actual originals...

2 Peter 1:21King James Version (KJV)

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 John 2:27King James Version (KJV)

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

What has that got to do with the above?

Like the true Church it is about Spirit and Truth. The bible is clear the New Covenant and those who belong to God do not need any man to teach them.

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

It isn't a competition but every man needs the Spirit to be their teacher because they have to have their own oil.  The parable of the wise and foolish virgins....

Sassy

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 02:51:35 AM »

Wot Hope said.
Mt 5:2 Jesus taught people.
Mt 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Mt 22:16 Jesus taught people.
Mk 1:21 Jesus taught people.
Mk 2:13 Jesus taught people.
Mk 4:1 Jesus taught people.
Mk 6:2 Jesus taught people.
Mk 8:31 Jesus taught people.
Mk 12:14 Jesus taught people.
Lk 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Lk 20:21 Jesus taught people.
Jn 7:14 Jesus taught people.
Jn 8:2 Jesus taught people.
Acts 1:1 Jesus taught people.
Acts 4:18 The apostles taught people.
Acts 5:21/28 The apostles taught people.
Romans 12:7 Christians taught people.
1 Cor 4:17 Paul taught people.
Col 3:16 Christians taught each other.
1 Tim 3:2 Overseers/bishops taught people.
1 Tim 4:1 Timothy taught people.
1 Tim 6:2 Timothy taught people.
2 Tim 2:2 Christians taught each other.
2 Tim 2:24 Christians taught each other.
Titus 2:1,2,3, 9, 15 Titus taught people.
Jas 3:1 Christians taught each other.

Jesus told us to teach people Mt 28:20

And so on and so forth.

What Jesus taught them:
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christ was to bring them the final truth from God... The correct teachings which would decide what beliefs were true.
As John said.. " I baptise with water but he comes after me is greater than I, he brings the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

No man needs another man to teach him who is born of the Holy Spirit...

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 07:14:10 AM »
Christ was to bring them the final truth from God... The correct teachings which would decide what beliefs were true.
I'm glad that you agree that teaching is important.  Christ had to teach his disciples as those dsciples had to teach others.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 11:53:34 AM »
Dear Jim,

Are you thinking about wearing a dog collar, I know your Church is having a recruitment drive at the moment.

Gonnagle.

-
Bingo......sort of. Gonners!
As you know, I trained as a reader type in the CofS.
I put my name forward for selection as a candidate for the Ordained Local Ministry - what used to be called Auxilliary ministry; that's a minister who does everything a 'full' minister does without a stipend or the commitment of being a parish minister (besides, I'm now officially too old to train for that...don't say it - I'm past it).
Dunno about the dog collar bit.
If I'm ordained eventually, I'll be able to wear one, I suppose...but that's not me - I don't have fleas!

I have a friend who does that, and wears all the robes 😉

I tease her sometimes and call her "the vicar of dibley" in a jesting kind of way. 😉

She cares about people and gets involved in helping others, she felt she was called to it too.

I think you should follow your heart Anchorman, ignore your critics.

All the best and hope you succeed, I don't know you, but from what I have seen you would be a good one.

-
Cheers, Julie - and thanks.