Author Topic: Here am I, send......  (Read 20139 times)

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
Re: Here am I, send......
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »
It isn't a competition but every man needs the Spirit to be their teacher because they have to have their own oil.  The parable of the wise and foolish virgins....
Yes, the Holy Spirit does need to be our teacher, but he often uses people to teach other people. That is what you yourself are trying to do after all. Should I ignore you, because it is not the Holy Spirit speaking to me directly.

You haven't addressed:
Mt 5:2 Jesus taught people.
Mt 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Mt 22:16 Jesus taught people.
Mk 1:21 Jesus taught people.
Mk 2:13 Jesus taught people.
Mk 4:1 Jesus taught people.
Mk 6:2 Jesus taught people.
Mk 8:31 Jesus taught people.
Mk 12:14 Jesus taught people.
Lk 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Lk 20:21 Jesus taught people.
Jn 7:14 Jesus taught people.
Jn 8:2 Jesus taught people.
Acts 1:1 Jesus taught people.
Acts 4:18 The apostles taught people.
Acts 5:21/28 The apostles taught people.
Romans 12:7 Christians taught people.
1 Cor 4:17 Paul taught people.
Col 3:16 Christians taught each other.
1 Tim 3:2 Overseers/bishops taught people.
1 Tim 4:1 Timothy taught people.
1 Tim 6:2 Timothy taught people.
2 Tim 2:2 Christians taught each other.
2 Tim 2:24 Christians taught each other.
Titus 2:1,2,3, 9, 15 Titus taught people.
Jas 3:1 Christians taught each other.

Jesus told us to teach people Mt 28:20

Alan
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Alien

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »
Where did Christ train? Where did John train? Where did the Apostles train? Where did Paul train? You see the truth of God does not need educated men or trained men.
If he does not need educated men, why use the highly-educated Paul, Sass?  Why did Jesus spent three years training his disciples?  Why did the disciples put so much store by teaching the new disciples?

No, no mention of theological college or human teachers..
Because Holy men of God NEVER SPOKE of themselves or what man gave them... they spoke the word of God as the Holy Spirit moved them.....

If God was close and felt close to you... you would know God warns those he loves... What next? You going to tell us God is wrong?
As above, plenty of mention of teaching - and by humans.
Wot Hope said.
Mt 5:2 Jesus taught people.
Mt 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Mt 22:16 Jesus taught people.
Mk 1:21 Jesus taught people.
Mk 2:13 Jesus taught people.
Mk 4:1 Jesus taught people.
Mk 6:2 Jesus taught people.
Mk 8:31 Jesus taught people.
Mk 12:14 Jesus taught people.
Lk 11:1 Jesus taught people.
Lk 20:21 Jesus taught people.
Jn 7:14 Jesus taught people.
Jn 8:2 Jesus taught people.
Acts 1:1 Jesus taught people.
Acts 4:18 The apostles taught people.
Acts 5:21/28 The apostles taught people.
Romans 12:7 Christians taught people.
1 Cor 4:17 Paul taught people.
Col 3:16 Christians taught each other.
1 Tim 3:2 Overseers/bishops taught people.
1 Tim 4:1 Timothy taught people.
1 Tim 6:2 Timothy taught people.
2 Tim 2:2 Christians taught each other.
2 Tim 2:24 Christians taught each other.
Titus 2:1,2,3, 9, 15 Titus taught people.
Jas 3:1 Christians taught each other.

Jesus told us to teach people Mt 28:20

And so on and so forth.
No man needs another man to teach him who is born of the Holy Spirit...
So Jesus was wrong in Matthew 28:19-20 then?

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 11:57:28 AM »
You'd hae thocht 'Sassernach' micht hae guessed that, though......
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Rhiannon

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »
Wishing you many blessings on your journey, Anchorman.  :)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »
Wishing you many blessings on your journey, Anchorman.  :)

- Cheers, Rhi!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Sassy

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »
Christ was to bring them the final truth from God... The correct teachings which would decide what beliefs were true.
I'm glad that you agree that teaching is important.  Christ had to teach his disciples as those dsciples had to teach others.

Hope the teaching Christ brought was this:-

John the baptist taught:
" I baptise with water but he comes after me, is greater than I and he will baptise with the Holy Spirit."

John 16:

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Why no man need be taught by another... When they are taught by the Spirit they need no other teacher...

King James Bible
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Rabbi means teacher...None are to be called teachers...

King James Bible
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

You need to be taught by God through the Spirit.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2015, 11:22:39 AM »
Dear Jim,

Are you thinking about wearing a dog collar, I know your Church is having a recruitment drive at the moment.

Gonnagle.

He isn't ready for that calling.... because he cannot accept that the truth of God in man is about a change in life and not about knowledge possessed which is not scriptural....

You always think you know better than God, don't you Sassy?

Why... where has God spoken on here to justify your statement?
The truth is I know the word of God and you cannot show by the word that I am wrong. Nor can they... So NO! this is not between God and I. It is about Gods teachings verses mans. And I am on the side of Gods teachings.

Those teachings show that with the Spirit all are priests of the most high God.

King James Bible
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

If Christians and they belief they are part of the Royal priesthood what other ordination do they require? The priesthood the Royal priesthood are born of the one teacher the Holy Spirit. If someone is in the Spirit they do not require a teacher. It is milk and solids and only those in the Spirit taught those not yet in the Spirit.

Acts 10 shows Peter teaching the gentiles who having believed in Christ received the Holy Spirit.

Christianity is about living in the truth and power of Gods words.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Alien

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2015, 04:25:10 PM »
Christ was to bring them the final truth from God... The correct teachings which would decide what beliefs were true.
I'm glad that you agree that teaching is important.  Christ had to teach his disciples as those dsciples had to teach others.

John the baptist taught:
" I baptise with water but he comes after me, is greater than I and he will baptise with the Holy Spirit."

John 16:

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Why no man need be taught by another... When they are taught by the Spirit they need no other teacher...

King James Bible
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

King James Bible
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Why do you always quote in Jacobean English, Sassy?

Sassy

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »

John the baptist taught:

John 16:

King James Bible

King James Bible

Why don't you reply to the content instead of asking questions that are immaterial. Can you not understand what is said without a modern day version?

Alien

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2015, 01:11:27 PM »

John the baptist taught:

John 16:

King James Bible

King James Bible

Why don't you reply to the content instead of asking questions that are immaterial.
Because you were discussing with Hope and I was interested in why you don't use normal English.
Can you not understand what is said without a modern day version?
Yes, by looking up the same verses in a bible using normal English, but I rather we all spoke normal English on here

So why do you always quote in Jacobean English, Sassy?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2015, 06:59:04 PM »
Gordon Bennett, Alan....you're REALLY stirring it....! :D

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2015, 09:20:40 AM »
Sass, do you speak modern British English or Jacobean British English?  The meanings of words change over time and many of the words used in the King James Bible have done just this.  It is for a very similar reason that the King James Bible was created in the first place - to allow the ordinary people to read the Scriptures.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Sassy

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2015, 10:13:12 AM »

John the baptist taught:

John 16:

King James Bible

King James Bible

Why don't you reply to the content instead of asking questions that are immaterial.
Because you were discussing with Hope and I was interested in why you don't use normal English.
Yes, by looking up the same verses in a bible using normal English, but I rather we all spoke normal English on here

Do you not see the difference... The disciples knew the word of God the scriptures off by heart. The same way today people are taught by God.
Maybe the answer you have given says more about what you lack...

Alien

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »
Just being Anglican, my wee friend. Article of the 39 articles says, "It is a thing plainly repugnant to the Word of God and the custom primitive Church to have public prayer in the Church, or to minister the Sacraments, in a tongue not understanded of the people." It is similar with the Scriptures. At the Reformation there was a great emphasis on the Scriptures with the various translations into people's own languages. The point was to help people understand what the Scriptures say. That's why using the KJV is such an anachronism. It was published to help people understand the Word of God in English yet now it is difficult to understand. It did its job and we should be thankful for it, but not faff around still using it.

If people (mistakenly) want to use a translation based on the Majority Text/Textus Receptus, use the NKJV.

Sassy

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
Sass, do you speak modern British English or Jacobean British English?  The meanings of words change over time and many of the words used in the King James Bible have done just this.  It is for a very similar reason that the King James Bible was created in the first place - to allow the ordinary people to read the Scriptures.

Given the truth of Scriptures in the OT and the teachings how does the WORDS of God remains secure today?

Spirit and Truth....

Alien

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »

Do you not see the difference... The disciples knew the word of God the scriptures off by heart. The same way today people are taught by God.
Maybe the answer you have given says more about what you lack...
Yes, learning Scripture off by heart is great.

So, for the third time, why do you always quote in Jacobean English, Sassy?

Sassy

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »
Just being Anglican, my wee friend. Article of the 39 articles says, "It is a thing plainly repugnant to the Word of God and the custom primitive Church to have public prayer in the Church, or to minister the Sacraments, in a tongue not understanded of the people." It is similar with the Scriptures. At the Reformation there was a great emphasis on the Scriptures with the various translations into people's own languages. The point was to help people understand what the Scriptures say. That's why using the KJV is such an anachronism. It was published to help people understand the Word of God in English yet now it is difficult to understand. It did its job and we should be thankful for it, but not faff around still using it.

If people (mistakenly) want to use a translation based on the Majority Text/Textus Receptus, use the NKJV.

I suppose you could say you ignore the contents of the OT in favour of the teachings of man.

The Jews learn their scripture off by heart. Hence proved by the fact they did not have personal Torahs. The truth is as Christ spoke the disciples recalled what was written in the scriptures. But more importantly Christ taught that the Spirit would lead and teach them in all truth. The disciples acknowledge that the words of God came to man by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives in the true believer and talks to them, teaches them and guides them in the way of The One True God.

As Jesus said:
John 4:24King James Version (KJV)

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The Gentiles did not know the Jewish teachings but upon hearing Peter speak the truth they believed and received Gods Holy Spirit. It was the power of Gods Holy Spirit which allowed them live in the truth of Gods teachings.

The Spirit the one and only true teacher..." My words are Spirit and they are life"
Now Gods home is with man and his Kingdom is within us.

It could be you never read the OT and did not know the promises.
As Christ said:
Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

If in Christ and the Spirit, you do not come under the Law. Why do you think that is so?

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »
Given the truth of Scriptures in the OT and the teachings how does the WORDS of God remains secure today?

Spirit and Truth....
OK, so you're Islamic in outlook are you?  The way to read and understand the Scriptures is to use those texts that are in their original languages?  Perhaps you would rather use the oldest English translations, like Wyclif's, Tyndale's, Coverdale's, etc., on which the King James Bible was based?

So, in addition to Alan's third asking of the question, here's my 4th or 5th asking of it - why do you only quote from the 1611 King James Version?
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2015, 10:29:38 AM »
The Jews learn their scripture off by heart. Hence proved by the fact they did not have personal Torahs.
How many Jews also read the Torah?  Historically, how many Jews were able to read?

The truth is as Christ spoke the disciples recalled what was written in the scriptures. But more importantly Christ taught that the Spirit would lead and teach them in all truth. The disciples acknowledge that the words of God came to man by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives in the true believer and talks to them, teaches them and guides them in the way of The One True God.
I would not disagree, Sass, but where does it say that the Holy Spirit won't use a written text, in the believer's own language, to lead and teach them in all truth?

Alien

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »

I suppose you could say you ignore the contents of the OT in favour of the teachings of man.

The Jews learn their scripture off by heart. Hence proved by the fact they did not have personal Torahs. The truth is as Christ spoke the disciples recalled what was written in the scriptures. But more importantly Christ taught that the Spirit would lead and teach them in all truth. The disciples acknowledge that the words of God came to man by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives in the true believer and talks to them, teaches them and guides them in the way of The One True God.

As Jesus said:
John 4:24King James Version (KJV)

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The Gentiles did not know the Jewish teachings but upon hearing Peter speak the truth they believed and received Gods Holy Spirit. It was the power of Gods Holy Spirit which allowed them live in the truth of Gods teachings.

The Spirit the one and only true teacher..." My words are Spirit and they are life"
Now Gods home is with man and his Kingdom is within us.

It could be you never read the OT and did not know the promises.
As Christ said:
Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

If in Christ and the Spirit, you do not come under the Law. Why do you think that is so?
OK, but, for the fourth time, why do you only quote the Scriptures in Jacobean English?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
Maybe there is a text in the KJV I've missed somewhere....

"Veriliy, thou must learn and understand the foibles and mistranslations contained within the KJV, for it is the language unto which only those who are righteous shall cleave. And, having perceived the meaning within, shalt thou therefore pray to Me only in this tongue, for without it, thou are condemned."