Author Topic: Royals' Nazi salute  (Read 13265 times)

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
Re: Royals' Nazi salute
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 11:49:01 PM »
Why should she be required to visit? And which relatives, names please, said she never bothered. Too funny cause these would also be the relatives that never bothered to visit as well. Mind your own family affairs Anchorman and quit being such an old holier than they busy body.
Too funny, you won't say one bad thing about Martin Luther King and his adultery but you will crucify a dead lady cause she didn't visit a couple of cousins. WOW! You don't hate ISIS/IS but you will rant against a dead Queen cause she didn't visit a couple cousins. No, this is all about your deep bitterness for past wrongs done to Scotlandshire and your determination to keep that hate alive.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/18/the-internet-is-ridiculing-the-decision-to-publish-the-queen-giving-a-nazi-salute-5301593/

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 08:29:36 AM »
The photograph is just a pathetic attempt by Murdoch Muckrakers to obtain a little notoriety and hence income. It should be discounted. The display by Elizabeth is just that of a small child trying to please her uncle David.

The discussion about the sympathies and actions of Elizabeth Duchess of York (nee Bowes-Lyon) is probably accurate - but at the time unremarkable for members of her social class. Her husband, Bertie, had been bullied by his father for showing signs of weakness - he was left-handed, for god's sake. Possibly as a consequence of the bullying, Bertie had a severe speech impediment.

Bertie's youngest sibling, John, was epileptic and autistic and was hidden away until his death at the age of 13.

David was shallow and selfish, but he was the idol of the masses and, in the public eye, could do nothing wrong. On seeing poverty in South Wales he said "Something must be done". This brought him acclaim for his compassion but he did bugger all about it himself.

He took the regnal name Edward VIII but showed his true colours by preferring the company of an American divorcee who (it was rumoured) had learned some cunning tricks in a brothel in Shanghai. If other rumours were true, she would need to use them because David had a very small penis.

Came WW2 and Bertie proved himself far better suited to kingship than his brother. The strain of kingship also proved fatal - he relied on tobacco and alcohol for support and died just 56 years old.

I am not a supporter of the monarchy but I do concede that George VI and Elizabeth II have behaved creditable in that role and that the photos of a six year old doing a NAZI salute do not bring credit to the "newspaper" that published them.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:58:18 AM by Harrowby Hall »
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Owlswing

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2015, 08:40:09 AM »
The photograph is just a pathetic attempt by Murdoch Muckrakers to obtain a little notoriety and hence income. It should be discounted. The display by Elizabeth is just that of a small child trying to please her uncle David.

The discussion about the sympathies and actions of Elizabeth Duchess of York (nee Bowes-Lyon) is probably accurate - but at the time unremarkable for members of her social class. Her husband, Bertie, had been bullied by his father for showing signs of weakness - he was left-handed, for god's sake. Possibly as a consequence of the bullying, Bertie had a severe speech impediment.

Bertie's youngest sibling, John, was epileptic and autistic and was hidden away until his death at the age of 13.

David was shallow and selfish, but he was the idol of the masses and, in the public eye, could do nothing wrong. On seeing poverty in South Wales he said "Something must be done". This brought him acclaim for his compassion but and then he did nothing about it himself.

He took the regnal name Edward VIII but showed his true colours by preferring the company of an American divorcee who (it was rumoured) had learned some cunning tricks in a brothel in Shanghai. If other rumours were true, she would need to use them because David had a very small penis.

Came WW2 and Bertie proved himself far better suited to kingship than his brother. The strain of kingship also proved fatal - he relied on tobacco and alcohol for support and died just 56 years old.

I am no supporter of the monarchy but I do concede that George VI and Elizabeth II have behaved creditable in that role and that the photos of a six year old doing a NAZI salute do not bring credit to the "newspaper" that published them.

Agreed. (Except for the "I am no supporter of the monarchy" - but we can't always have everything, can we?)
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2015, 08:48:20 AM »
Why should she be required to visit? And which relatives, names please, said she never bothered. Too funny cause these would also be the relatives that never bothered to visit as well. Mind your own family affairs Anchorman and quit being such an old holier than they busy body.
Too funny, you won't say one bad thing about Martin Luther King and his adultery but you will crucify a dead lady cause she didn't visit a couple of cousins. WOW! You don't hate ISIS/IS but you will rant against a dead Queen cause she didn't visit a couple cousins. No, this is all about your deep bitterness for past wrongs done to Scotlandshire and your determination to keep that hate alive.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/18/the-internet-is-ridiculing-the-decision-to-publish-the-queen-giving-a-nazi-salute-5301593/

There was an excellent Channel 4 documentary - made three years ago - exploring the family of Lizzie Bowes-Lyon, JC.
On it, one of the old girl's nieces was interviewed, as were the directors of one of the institutions to which a relative - female - was confined.
Apparently she had written to her illustrious relative on umpteen occasions - without a reply.
Apparently, the Windsor set don't do hospital visiting...even in serious situations.

Hmmmmmm...."hen were  you sick, LORD, and did not visit you?"
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2015, 08:55:38 AM »
No, this is all about your deep bitterness for past wrongs done to Scotlandshire and your determination to keep that hate alive.

Scotlandshire.............How is the Canadian Parish Council managing it's subscriptions this year Johnny?

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »
The photograph is just a pathetic attempt by Murdoch Muckrakers to obtain a little notoriety and hence income. ....
Excellent post, HH - though with the same reservation as Matt.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2015, 10:14:29 AM »
"The Sunday Express claims the Queen was just waving. The paper says an expert lip reader has examined the footage and has been able to recount the exact words used, which completely vindicate the royals."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166822/Was-Queen-just-WAVING-Lip-reading-expert-claims-Edward-VIII-encouraging-princess-gesture-shot-WASN-T-teaching-Nazi-salute.html

Princess Di told one of the reporters in a dream, so that'll be news, Express style, then.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2015, 11:55:39 AM »
The photograph is just a pathetic attempt by Murdoch Muckrakers to obtain a little notoriety and hence income. ....

I'm not likely to join any mob and pull the royals out of Buck House and march them to a hurriedly erected scaffold, but I do believe that a mature democracy should have the right to determine who its head of state should be and not just accept the fruit of the loins of successors to some long-dead warlord.

I think that Elizabeth II has done an excellent job - but I do feel sorry for her and her family as well. She has been denied a normal life. Her life of privilege has been at the expense of living it in a goldfish bowl. I think that the vilification poured upon the heads of her husband and eldest son by neanderthal throwbacks (even on this site) shows a lack of understanding of the real nature of their lives and roles.

The establishment of a republican system would enable the people to appoint someone as their figurehead who had achieved greatness by his or her own effort. I would not have an executive head of state and I would not like to be seen as a suitable retirement present for a politician.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2015, 01:43:11 PM »
The establishment of a republican system would enable the people to appoint someone as their figurehead who had achieved greatness by his or her own effort. I would not have an executive head of state and I would not like to be seen as a suitable retirement present for a politician.
Unfortunately, with the political landscape as it is at present, such a format for a president seems a long way from likelihood.  The only other advantage I see from a monarch, politically, is that such a person generally outlives several Prime Ministers and is able to give useful balanced advice to any such person which a President, even if elected for - say - 10 years, struggles to be able to offer.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »
Princess Di told one of the reporters in a dream, so that'll be news, Express style, then.
Is that what Princess Di told you, Jim?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »

-
Don't even go there.
Diana was a master manipulator, devious, conniving and a two-timer.
 typical royal, in other words....

floo

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2015, 02:08:58 PM »

-
Don't even go there.

I agree the ghastly Diana was a nasty piece of work, but don't agree that applies to all the Royals.

Owlswing

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »

I'm not likely to join any mob and pull the royals out of Buck House and march them to a hurriedly erected scaffold, but I do believe that a mature democracy should have the right to determine who its head of state should be and not just accept the fruit of the loins of successors to some long-dead warlord.

I think that Elizabeth II has done an excellent job - but I do feel sorry for her and her family as well. She has been denied a normal life. Her life of privilege has been at the expense of living it in a goldfish bowl. I think that the vilification poured upon the heads of her husband and eldest son by neanderthal throwbacks (even on this site) shows a lack of understanding of the real nature of their lives and roles.

Fortunately we still hgave the monarchy as the last person who wantedthe Job Of President of the UK (or any of its parts) was Tony (W M D) Blair! Thank the Goddess he didn't get his wish or I hate to imagine the mess we would be in now considering the F***-up he made as a peace envoy to the Middle East.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Owlswing

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

-
Don't even go there.

Two timer!

And I suppose her husband wasn't carrying on an affair that started before he was even engaged to Diana.

If he hadn't been Diana would not have been in Paris with Fayed's son and would, in all probablility, still be alive and we would not be faced with the possibility of Queen Camilla ParkandRide.

cyberman

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2015, 02:41:34 PM »
but I do believe that a mature democracy should have the right to determine who its head of state should be and not just accept the fruit of the loins of successors to some long-dead warlord.

Parliament decides who is head of state; their wishes are more important than heredity.  It's always been that way. The Stuarts failed to realise that,  to their cost. If Parliament weren't calling the shots, there'd have been no Hanoverians,  and no George VI, for example. 

floo

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »

-
Don't even go there.

Two timer!

And I suppose her husband wasn't carrying on an affair that started before he was even engaged to Diana.

If he hadn't been Diana would not have been in Paris with Fayed's son and would, in all probablility, still be alive and we would not be faced with the possibility of Queen Camilla ParkandRide.

Charles should never have married that attention seeking little girl, Camilla is a million times better than her.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »

-
Don't even go there.

Two timer!

Charles should never have married that attention seeking little girl, Camilla is a million times better than her.

Yep:  a tender, fox-hunting adulteress.  Ready-made Royal, in other words.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
I agree the ghastly Diana was a nasty piece of work, but don't agree that applies to all the Royals.
Whereas I would disagree with the suggestion that Diana was a nasty piece of work.  OK, by the time of her divorce she had been taught how to manipulate the press (so, nothing much different from most people in the public eye) by her husband of all people!!  She took full advantage of what she had been taught.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »
Whereas I would disagree with the suggestion that Diana was a nasty piece of work.  OK, by the time of her divorce she had been taught how to manipulate the press (so, nothing much different from most people in the public eye) by her husband of all people!!  She took full advantage of what she had been taught.

She also did a lot of positive things to help others..I think she was more sinned against than sinner.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Shaker

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2015, 04:03:47 PM »
Queen Camilla ParkandRide.
And we all know who's been doing the parking and the riding for donkey's years ...
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
You don't even have to bother with hindsight - think of any of the actually socialist government/party/movement of that same historical period and see what points of contact and similarity any of them had with the Nazi party.

Do you mean that Socialist movement  than created Stalin - the only man in recent history who might have been responsible for more deaths than Hitler?

Mao Ze Dong?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2015, 06:22:44 PM »

Like it or not, that's how they described themselves - just as Stalin's mob did.

East Germany's official name was the "German Democratic Republic".  It was neither democratic not a republic.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:29:45 PM by jeremyp »
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

cyberman

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »

Like it or not, that's how they described themselves - just as Stalin's mob did.

Eat Germany's official name was the "German Democratic Republic".  It was neither democratic not a republic.

see also: The Holy Roman Empire

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2015, 07:02:40 PM »

Fortunately we still hgave the monarchy as the last person who wantedthe Job Of President of the UK (or any of its parts) was Tony (W M D) Blair! Thank the Goddess he didn't get his wish or I hate to imagine the mess we would be in now considering the F***-up he made as a peace envoy to the Middle East.

Why don't you read what I have written instead of replying to what you think I have written? I said no politicians.

Owlswing

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »

Why don't you read what I have written instead of replying to what you think I have written? I said no politicians.

I saw what you wrote and it does not change the fact that the last person who wanted the job of elected President/Head of State was a politican and you can bet your boots that the politicians will make damn sure that whoever does get elected wiull be a politician!

And apologies for the horrendous amount of typo's in my post, I was on my way out and didn't do my usual spell-check.