Author Topic: Omega 3 tablets v Omega 3, 6 and 9 tablets  (Read 5057 times)

Rhiannon

Re: Omega 3 tablets v Omega 3, 6 and 9 tablets
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 01:25:49 PM »
I go for a trusted make that doesn't exceed RDA.

I was recommended to take a multivitamin by my GP, who also recommended it for my children.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 01:28:34 PM »

I was recommended to take a multivitamin by my GP, who also recommended it for my children.

And you always believe what it says on the bottle? 

I have precious little faith in the opinion of GP's.   I'd rather ask a pharmacist.  Better still, eat sensibly and well, and that should be sufficient.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

L.A.

• Radcliffe U3A
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »
A few years ago we were all switching from nasty old 'high cholesterol' butter to the much 'healthier' spreads. Unfortunately, it turned out that many of these spreads were made with trans fats which are now considered quite nasty while butter isn't considered too bad.

That's government 'experts' for you  :)
Brexit Bar:

Full of nuts but with lots of flakey bits and a bitter aftertaste

Rhiannon

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »

I have precious little faith in the opinion of GP's.   I'd rather ask a pharmacist.  Better still, eat sensibly and well, and that should be sufficient.

To an extent we can do that. But in the winter we don't get so much sunlight and I for one find it difficult to find the same amount of fresh seasonal fruit and veg.

It depends on who makes the stuff in the bottle as to whether I 'trust' it. As for GPs and pharmacists, they all Cary in quality. I happen to have an oytstandingky good Gzp. Contrast that with the pharmacist I overheard recommending a pregnant woman with first trimester headache to use lavender oil instead of paracetamol - lavender oil isn't safe for use in pregnancy til the third trimester at the earliest.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 07:46:13 PM »

To an extent we can do that. But in the winter we don't get so much sunlight and I for one find it difficult to find the same amount of fresh seasonal fruit and veg.

It depends on who makes the stuff in the bottle as to whether I 'trust' it. As for GPs and pharmacists, they all Cary in quality. I happen to have an oytstandingky good Gzp. Contrast that with the pharmacist I overheard recommending a pregnant woman with first trimester headache to use lavender oil instead of paracetamol - lavender oil isn't safe for use in pregnancy til the third trimester at the earliest.

Fresh isn't the be-all and end-all.

"Generally speaking, we tend to think of frozen produce as less nutritious than fresh produce because it's usually found in the same grocery aisle as things like frozen pizza and microwave dinners. It's an image problem more than an actual one, and frozen produce is usually just as nutritious as the fresh produce you buy at the grocery store.

Generally, it takes anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks for produce to get from a farm to the grocery store. During its travels, nutrients escape produce as they're exposed to heat, light, and oxygen. This time is extended even further when produce isn't in season, which is why berries are usually more expensive and harder to find in the winter.

By contrast, frozen produce is usually picked when ripe and then immediately frozen. This locks in the nutrients, which sometimes makes frozen produce more nutritious than fresh, but it really depends on the vegetable."

The Wall Street Journal.

Just eat a well-balanced diet: and there is plenty of help to find it:  it's enough.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."