Author Topic: Savage beliefs.  (Read 8013 times)

Leonard James

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
Re: Savage beliefs.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 12:58:25 PM »
So, not due to genetics and evolution then?
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Leonard James

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »
So, not due to genetics and evolution then?

Of course it is, but clearly the nurture of education hasn't yet reached many parts of the world.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 02:08:16 PM »
Human sacrifice is not an element of Hinduism, nor is shamanism - so the reference to x% of the Nepalese population being Hindu is someone irrelevant.  Of the main religions of Nepal that aren't in the usual 5 or 6 well-known world religions, Bon is a Buddhist-type religion so I would be surprised if it adherents practise child/human sacrifice and Kira(n)tism is one that has shamans. Can't say that I remember ever hearing about any incidents of child sacrifice whilst we lived and worked out there. I will be interested to see what developments follow.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

floo

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 02:56:12 PM »
Some idiots praise Abraham for being willing to sacrifice his son because some voice in his head told him to!  >:(

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 01:18:41 AM »
Some idiots praise Abraham for being willing to sacrifice his son because some voice in his head told him to!  >:(

Judaism has some odd beliefs!
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

trippymonkey

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 06:26:28 AM »
So another bit of the Bible you find doesn't 'belong'?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 06:48:10 AM »
So another bit of the Bible you find doesn't 'belong'?

To save time, BA pretty much rejects all of the OT.

trippymonkey

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 07:44:50 AM »
MMM!!!!!
Is Christianity made up of all those who don't understand the OT???
Jesus lived & died a JEW !!! Why are there Christians now?

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 08:15:21 AM »
MMM!!!!!

As I understand it, Jesus said "I am the new and eternal covenant" and this, apparently, is seen as the ending of the old Jewish ways. Paul established what became known as Christianity.

But what would I know?

The Old Testament is a collection of myths, legends and fairy tales - many collected from other cultures - which wandering goat herders told each other around camp fires. They didn't have television and relied on story telling as their main method of entertainment.

In another 2000 years, people will be listening to tales of how Harry Potter and L Ron Hubbard defeated the Daleks on the Sacred Turf of Wembley..
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Owlswing

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »

This does not change the fact that Jesus was a Jew.

He was never a Christian and, I am convinced, would be horrified at some of the things that are today done, or committed, in his name.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Sassy

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 12:14:00 PM »

Again the deliberate misrepresentation of the actual facts...
God already knew Abraham was faithful and loved him for who he was and NOT what he had given him or promised him...

However, so future generation would know and understand the requirement of that love he gave them an example. One example for those of faith would understand that Abraham knew God could give him back his son from the dead and would be faithful to his promises even if he was doing something that would not seem so.

Abraham did not hold back his son. However God DID NOT allow him to sacrifice his son and provided as he promised.

True faith: Abraham believed God could do what he said even when killing his son would have rendered that impossible to all intents and purposes...

Loyal God: Always providing a way out and assuring us he has our best interests at heart no matter how unlikely and dark the way starts to appear...

Abraham never sacrificed his SON and God never let him sacrifice his son.
Expectant FAITH and fulfilled promises and loyalty from God.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 12:16:34 PM »
MMM!!!!!

They are all JEWS now. Christian is the insult name given to them by the Christian haters...

You see we are Gods children just as the Israelites are. All one covenant and with one God. Jews believe in the saviour and the gentiles. So all Jews in the NEW covenant that is children of God. Not by circumcision of male flesh but circumcision of the heart for all flesh....
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »

This does not change the fact that Jesus was a Jew.

He was never a Christian and, I am convinced, would be horrified at some of the things that are today done, or committed, in his name.

Christ already knows the horrors man has committed through the years since creation. Human nature turned bad. But  Christ provided a way for all to be the CHILDREN of God. No longer Jew and Gentile but all Children of the Most High God.

King James Bible
And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Acts 19:15King James Version (KJV)

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

In Christ, even the evil Spirits recognise those born of the truth and Spirit of God.

See how your thinking is wrong....

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 12:26:58 PM »
Abraham had faith and he NEVER anthropomorphized the Almighty. That is what many of you (yes floo) do constantly.

from the being watched

floo

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 12:29:36 PM »

God already knew Abraham was faithful and loved him for who he was and NOT what he had given him or promised him...

However, so future generation would know and understand the requirement of that love he gave them an example. One example for those of faith would understand that Abraham knew God could give him back his son from the dead and would be faithful to his promises even if he was doing something that would not seem so.

Abraham did not hold back his son. However God DID NOT allow him to sacrifice his son and provided as he promised.

True faith: Abraham believed God could do what he said even when killing his son would have rendered that impossible to all intents and purposes...

Loyal God: Always providing a way out and assuring us he has our best interests at heart no matter how unlikely and dark the way starts to appear...

Abraham was a BAD father to put the voice in his head before the welfare of his son. Anyone doing that today would be in prison, hopefully for a very long time! Only a psychopathic deity would make such a request!

OH MY WORLD!

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 12:38:43 PM »
Savage religion yes, just google the untouchables of India. Also the very real link between Hinduism and wicca. (karma)
I know personally a fella a few years younger than I, who was tossed out of the home at a few years of age because he was an albino, and his hindu family believed he was possessed. He survived by eating garbage he found in the back alleys of Bombay. Friends of Dad were able to adopt him and bring him home to Canada.

from the being watched

Leonard James

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 12:39:53 PM »

Abraham was a BAD father to put the voice in his head before the welfare of his son. Anyone doing that today would be in prison, hopefully for a very long time! Only a psychopathic deity would make such a request!

Stop playing the common sense card Roses! It's taking advantage of a handicapped opponent.

OH MY WORLD!

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
I told ya floo, you do it constantly.

from the being watched

Sassy

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 01:09:26 PM »

Stop playing the common sense card Roses! It's taking advantage of a handicapped opponent.

Isn't it sad that Rose cannot debate the biblical issues... :(
All she does is insult to try and get peoples backs up.
A little like the rebellious teenager not wanting to do as their parent's wish them to do.

I have to say  Roses has lost all credibility when it comes to religious topics of discussion. There is absolutely nothing she says that has anything to do with the truth in the bible. Just a deliberate and distorted impression from her own mind.

I personally, cannot take anything she says seriously. Just someone pretending they are still a teenager looking for a reaction by  deliberately stating what would be deemed to be provoking towards others.

Rose never learns because she never listens. One way only for Roses, her own way. That way did not work for her as a teenager and still isn't working now she is an adult. Roses cannot learn because she decides by the 'against' and 'for' and by definition that means what gets her the most attention by attack or not attack.

Christianity... it is obvious. She got the most attention from people by rebelling and attacking it...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:12:28 PM by Sassy »

Leonard James

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
One way only for Roses, her own way.

Oh dearie me! The irony of it!

Roses is open to sensible evidence, Sass, just as most non-believers are. Unlike you who have been blinded with nonsense.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
I personally, cannot take anything she says seriously.

There is a statement to ponder.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Shaker

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »
An example of the Devil citing scripture for his own purpose there, surely  :D
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Sassy

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »
One way only for Roses, her own way.

Oh dearie me! The irony of it!

Roses is open to sensible evidence, Sass, just as most non-believers are. Unlike you who have been blinded with nonsense.

Rubbish.. the issue is that Rose never applied anything sensible in what she said.
Because the times Abraham lived in had no laws and everyone pretty much open to danger from others. Really stupid to compare then to now and make comments about a Father who loved his son and another Father who loved his son also,

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
An example of the Devil citing scripture for his own purpose there, surely  :D

I am now trying to work out whether that is an insult or a compliment.

Anyway everyone cites scripture for their own purposes even the most religious amongst us.  ;)
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.