Author Topic: Sick wickedness of Catholic parents.  (Read 25206 times)

Rhiannon

Re: Sick wickedness of Catholic parents.
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2015, 07:41:20 PM »
Dearest Matty,
Tell me about that family, how they are doing and so on. I don't know them nor have I heard their name before. Do you really want me to pray for them? What specifically do they need prayer over? Have they told you they need prayer. Are you praying daily for them?

I don't know whether anyone else will share my views here, but I think that one of the tragedies of the Jamie Bulger affair was the way in which Mrs Bulger was trapped by and manipulated by the Murdoch press.

She should have been given the time, space and opportunity to grieve and come to terms with the loss of her child, receiving whatever help she required. Instead every time any story with even the slightest relevence to Jamie's death, she was dragged out, asked for her views and opinions and comments and given every opportunity to revisit her own tragedy for the benefit of the despicable redtops, in particular the Sun.

I believe the family fell apart.

The legal establishment didn't behave much better either. The two 10 year old boys were demonised and became public objects of hatred. When they were transported to courts, large crowds gathered and behaved in threatening and potentially dangerous fashions. They were tried in an adult court using adult criteria of guilt and eventually named. They were then given anonimity for life and served prison sentences.

My opinion is that everything that could have been handled badly in an exptremely sensitive legal situation was handled appallingly.

I agree. Even your post gives away something of that - apparently his family never called him 'Jamie'.

Don't forget there was also the first boy arrested by mistake who was almost lynched by a mob outside his home.