Author Topic: Just to keep things up to date  (Read 18466 times)

Shaker

Re: Just to keep things up to date
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2015, 06:12:48 PM »
Why didn't you condemn it when Vlad did it, then? Not a word of reproach was written by you.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »
Why didn't yo

Then I do so now. And in case it gives you any reason to continue your lying posts, I, once again, condemn swearing by anyone on the forum  -  not that it stops the lame-brains from continuing the practice.
BA.

Jesus said to him, 的 am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »
You are a hypocrite because you complain about my swearing whilst throwing insults at me and you don't complain about the swear words used by people on your own side. 
He had a go at me for saying "butt-crack" whereas Vlad's use of "fucking aliens" (on the crop circles thread) received nary a mention.

As you say, the hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Yes, in fact, he replied to Vlad's post without commenting on the obscenity.  Then when I asked him why he wasn't condemning Vlad, he evaded the question by mocking me for a spelling mistake.  I think he's actually just deflecting with all the complaining about swear words.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2015, 06:18:51 PM »

Then I do so now.

You'd better get back on the thread and do the condemning then.

And in case it gives you any reason to continue your lying posts, I, once again, condemn swearing by anyone on the forum  -  not that it stops the lame-brains from continuing the practice.

When are you going to start condemning gratuitous insults?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »
You are a hypocrite because you complain about my swearing whilst throwing insults at me and you don't complain about the swear words used by people on your own side. 
He had a go at me for saying "butt-crack" whereas Vlad's use of "fucking aliens" (on the crop circles thread) received nary a mention.

As you say, the hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Yes, in fact, he replied to Vlad's post without commenting on the obscenity.  Then when I asked him why he wasn't condemning Vlad, he evaded the question by mocking me for a spelling mistake.  I think he's actually just deflecting with all the complaining about swear words.

Still whining and desperate, to boot.   :)
BA.

Shaker

« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2015, 06:20:09 PM »
He replied to Vlad's post containing the F-bomb sixty-one seconds after Vlad posted it. He can't claim that he didn't see it because he quoted it; yet a word of condemnation was there none - instead, he concentrated (IIRC) on the fact that you accidentally typed 'am' instead of 'an,' or something similar.

The hypocrisy is so rank I can practically taste it from here.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »

I suppose I should be flattered that you re copying my posts.

Shaker

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »
If you're so bothered about whining, Bashers, why not take your own own advice and stop whining about (a) swearing and (b) the presence of atheists on this forum discussing religion and ethics as they are perfectly entitled to do?.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2015, 06:24:12 PM »

Interesting to note that here you are intervening in a conversation between me and Shaker.  This is, of course, your right and you are welcome to, but when I did the same thing to you, there was no end of ranting and raving on your part because I interfered with your private conversation on this public message board.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »
He replied to Vlad's post containing the F-bomb sixty-one seconds after Vlad posted it. He can't claim that he didn't see it because he quoted it; yet a word of condemnation was there none - instead, he concentrated (IIRC) on the fact that you accidentally typed 'am' instead of 'an,' or something similar.

The hypocrisy is so rank I can practically taste it from here.

I have just condemned it. If I stop to comment on every swear word used on here, I would be doing little else.  Okay, foul-mouth?  So stop whining!
BA.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »

Interesting to note that here you are intervening in a conversation between me and Shaker.  This is, of course, your right and you are welcome to, but when I did the same thing to you, there was no end of ranting and raving on your part because I interfered with your private conversation on this public message board.

Stop whining!!  You are both whiners, and both foul-mouthed, and I think I've amply demonstrated that.  So ta ta!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:30:45 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

Shaker

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2015, 06:30:51 PM »

I have just condemned it.
Why has it taken you three days to do so (and not in the post you posted sixty-one seconds after Vlad's use of the F-word) whereas it took you less than ten minutes to deflect attention to this by Jeremy's exceedingly minor typo?
If I stop to comment on every swear word used on here, I would be doing little else.
But you're not doing anything else, least of all debating religion and ethics.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »

I have just condemned it.
Why has it taken you three days to do so (and not in the post you posted sixty-one seconds after Vlad's use of the F-word) whereas it took you less than ten minutes to deflect attention to this by Jeremy's exceedingly minor typo?
If I stop to comment on every swear word used on here, I would be doing little else.
But you're not doing anything else, least of all debating religion and ethics.

Ta ta.
BA.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2015, 06:32:06 PM »

I have just condemned it. If I stop to comment on every swear word used on here, I would be doing little else.  Okay, foul-mouth?  So stop whining!

Can you point to the last post in which I used a swear word please?

Shaker

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2015, 06:34:52 PM »
It seems Bashers has left the building, JP  ;)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »
It seems Bashers has left the building, JP  ;)
I think he's a little bit embarrassed.  On another thread, he accused me of denigrating his intelligence (which, to be fair, I had done) but he did it in a post in which he had just called me a dolt i.e. had just denigrated my intelligence.

Shaker

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »
Oh dear  ::)

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »
Moderator:

I'd like to make a couple of points in relation to recent exchanges on this thread.

1. There seems to be an element of sniping in this thread: this should cease.

2. On the issue of swearing can I point out that this is not against the rules unless said swearing is part of what we deem to be a personal insult. Therefore, and please note this BA, protracted exchanges on the subject of adults swearing in general/colloquial/non-personal terms is becoming disruptive and is pointless since we will not intervene.

If members have concerns about swearing then they should report posts provided that the swearing involves personal insults: if not then it is a matter of taste, and members who disapprove of swearing are free to simply ignore it!

Gordon 

Shaker

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2015, 07:11:26 PM »
Nice one Gordon.

ippy

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2015, 08:49:15 AM »
I've just seen this exchange today, on reading through the various posts my conclusion would be that B A is finding it hard to accept the exponential decline of religion here in the UK and is striking back in his own way.

The point is no matter how much you don't like the decline in religious belief here in the UK, the fact remains religion is declining here in the UK, I do dislike religion but that's not the main reason I'm happy about its decline, it's the unnessary trouble it causes and it's unnessary in the first place.

I don't see that religion inspires good deeds with its carrot and pathetic stick approach, whether the people that do the good deeds are religious or not in my opinion, they are the sorts of people that would want to do good deeds anyway in spite of the rather odd aincent beliefs that are still managing to hang on here in this far more enlightened modern world.

ippy