Author Topic: 5 Things believers can do that atheists cant.  (Read 5065 times)

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
Re: 5 Things believers can do that atheists cant.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 09:09:40 AM »
Yes, I'm sorry too, but that's what comes of trying to engage in debate with those who have renounced reason, evidence and logic in favour of fallacy and lazy thinking with all the rigour of Dream Topping. Trying to debate with such people is like sitting in a rocking chair; it gives you something to do for half an hour, but you won't get anywhere.
A not dissimilar comment (albeit a tad more colourful) to what I've been saying for several weeks now - that because we are talking from such totally different perspectives, atheist/theist debate is somewhat sterile.

... which is ironic - or monumentally hypocritical - given that your posts contain neither. An abundance of logical fallacies - the beloved negative proof chief amongst them - and a matchless ability to dodge, deflect and simply ignore direct questions put to you, yes, but less body and guts than a butcher's pencil.
As above, you again repeat, albeit in different words, what I've been saying about many posts from both sides of the debate for weeks.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Shaker

Re: 5 Things believers can do that atheists cant.
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »
You may have been saying it, but as usual you certainly haven't been backing it up. A few days ago you accused me of deploying the negative proof fallacy more than you do. I asked for an example of where I'd used it once, never mind more than you (which would be a challenge to say the least). Answer came there none.

Perhaps you didn't see that request; but then, doubtless this one will get the Nelson's eye treatment as well.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.