Author Topic: What's the difference between bi sexual and pansexual?  (Read 1943 times)

Bubbles

What's the difference between bi sexual and pansexual?
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:44:28 AM by Rose »

Outrider

Re: What's the difference between bi sexual and pansexual?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
I have never heard of pansexual before  :o

Anyone know?

Saw it here

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/08/28/miley-cyrus-confirms-she-is-pansexual/

Not pretending to any expertise, but as I understand it -

Technically, bisexuality is where someone whose physical and psychological sex is the same finds physically and psychologically male people attractive, and finds physically and psychologically female people attractive.

Pansexuality doesn't feel the restriction about people's psychological gender matching their physical gender, so they can find any given combination of mental and physical gender attractive (depending on the individual, of course).

In practical terms it doesn't make much of a difference, I suspect - pansexuality is a claim that's become common to show that people 'don't have those boundary issues', I suspect.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Owlswing

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 04:15:35 PM »
According to a note further down the link provided by Rose, Miley Cyrus defines pansexual as "attraction to people regardless of sex or gender identity", thus, I would suggest, including those who define themselves as Trans.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 06:47:32 PM »
Oxford Dictionary Onlie definitions:

Pansexual:  Not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender
                            identity.

Bisexual:  (1) Sexually attracted to both men and women. 
                         (2) Biology Having characteristics of both sexes.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Owlswing

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 09:45:28 AM »

Pansexual:  Not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender
                            identity.

Wasn't that what I said that the article said?

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »
It was, but some others seemed to want to put slightly different interpretations on the terms, so I thought I'd back you up, Matt.  Don't worry, I won't make that mistake again.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Owlswing

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 10:27:27 AM »
It was, but some others seemed to want to put slightly different interpretations on the terms, so I thought I'd back you up, Matt.  Don't worry, I won't make that mistake again.

It was not I that msade the comment I quoted but the article quoting Mylie Cyrus.

Though, I must admit, a confirmation of something that I had posted ,did come as a pleasant surprise!

ippy

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »

identity.

Are Pansexuals a bit sheepish about it?  Sorry.

Are there lot of pansexuals living in South America?

ippy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:50:33 PM by ippy »