Author Topic: Floo...  (Read 15941 times)

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
Floo...
« on: August 29, 2015, 02:06:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

Some time back..Floo had posted on the Christian board that she had experienced a dramatic cure (my words) for her frozen shoulder when she went into her field (agricultural field I mean) one day. I understand that the field was known for such cures and that many people would request to be allowed to walk into the field to experience such 'magical' cures for their ailments.

In my opinion, this kind of cure is due to the biofield (aura) that surrounds all of us like a magnetic field. If the flow of energy in this field is hindered in any way it can result in ailments.  If the flow of energy is corrected it can cure ailments miraculously. This phenomenon is not 'supernatural' but is a very natural phenomenon that science is not yet aware of.

Most faith healings and placing of hands and other such treatments such as pranic healing, reiki and even acupuncture.....are built around this phenomenon of the biofield.  It is called Prana in Hinduism, Chi in China and Ki in Japan.

I wish Floo would elaborate  here about her experience and let us know what exactly happened to her and to others she has seen.  It is important that we don't shy away from such abnormal experiences.  It could lead us to new and exciting discoveries....and perhaps help scientists to identify new ways of treating ailments.

Cheers.

Sriram

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 02:21:20 PM by Sriram »

floo

Re: Floo...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:33:23 PM »
Our previous property had a field, where two weeks after we moved there in 1997 an Irish couple on a walking tour of our area claimed to have seen the Virgin Mary and been cured of their ailments. The man's frozen shoulder and the woman's cataract. My husband and I were highly sceptical, to put it mildly. However, after the now defunct 'News of the World' printed the story, even though we refused to give that horrible rag an interview, our pilgrims started to arrive and our rural lane became like a mini Lourdes for a time! We had visitors from all over the UK, Ireland and even some from the US! Other sightings of Mary were reported and cures claimed. On May 17th 1997 I saw, for a second or two, an image which looked like the picture book version of Mary, I am sure the woman looked nothing like that in reality, I am convinced my mind was playing tricks!

Some years later I had a very painful frozen shoulder, which the medics weren't managing to sort out. Someone suggested I should see if our field could 'cure' it, for a laugh I gave it a go. Within five minutes my shoulder seemed easier, and by the next day it was completely better, I have had no trouble with it since then. I am convinced that my body's own healing mechanisms kicked in, nothing supernatural.

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 03:09:38 PM »
 She has been seen in tree stumps from time to time and several years ago the face of Christ appeared on somebody's grilled cheese.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 03:16:48 PM »
Our previous property had a field, where two weeks after we moved there in 1997 an Irish couple on a walking tour of our area claimed to have seen the Virgin Mary and been cured of their ailments. The man's frozen shoulder and the woman's cataract. My husband and I were highly sceptical, to put it mildly. However, after the now defunct 'News of the World' printed the story, even though we refused to give that horrible rag an interview, our pilgrims started to arrive and our rural lane became like a mini Lourdes for a time! We had visitors from all over the UK, Ireland and even some from the US! Other sightings of Mary were reported and cures claimed. On May 17th 1997 I saw, for a second or two, an image which looked like the picture book version of Mary, I am sure the woman looked nothing like that in reality, I am convinced my mind was playing tricks!

Some years later I had a very painful frozen shoulder, which the medics weren't managing to sort out. Someone suggested I should see if our field could 'cure' it, for a laugh I gave it a go. Within five minutes my shoulder seemed easier, and by the next day it was completely better, I have had no trouble with it since then. I am convinced that my body's own healing mechanisms kicked in, nothing supernatural.

Thanks a lot Floo, for elaborating.   It is important that we don't put our own spin on such experiences based on our own beliefs and disbeliefs. We should take the experience on face value and respect the fact that some thing unusual has happened. 

That is how we can move forward, make new discoveries and learn new things.

What Floo has said is not the only experience of its kind. There are many such experiences world over, across cultural barriers....and many people who bring about such cures through faith healing and such other.

Whether the figure Floo saw was actually Virgin Mary is not the important thing because we will never know.  Our mind is the means to our experiences...so reality and mental phenomena are connected.  But it would be a mistake to dismiss it away as just imagination.

Floo....I am surprised you have not followed up on this phenomenon and tried to have more such experiences by visiting the place more often. It could have opened up a whole new world to you and your family.

Cheers.

Sriram

floo

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 03:31:49 PM »
She has been seen in tree stumps from time to time and several years ago the face of Christ appeared on somebody's grilled cheese.

That guy's face, resembling the image on the Turin Shroud, appeared on the stone fireplace of our previous property in 2005!

floo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 03:32:46 PM »

Thanks a lot Floo, for elaborating.   It is important that we don't put our own spin on such experiences based on our own beliefs and disbeliefs. We should take the experience on face value and respect the fact that some thing unusual has happened. 

What Floo has said is not the only experience of its kind. There are many such experiences world over, across cultural barriers....and many people who bring about such cures through faith healing and such other.

Whether the figure Floo saw was actually Virgin Mary is not the important thing because we will never know.  Our mind is the means to our experiences...so reality and mental phenomena are connected.  But it would be a mistake to dismiss it away as just imagination.

Floo....I am surprised you have not followed up on this phenomenon and tried to have more such experiences by visiting the place more often. It could have opened up a whole new world to you and your family.

Cheers.

Sriram

I am quite sure there is a very natural explanation for the unusual!

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »
[

Cheers.

Sriram

I am quite sure there is a very natural explanation for the unusual!

That's precisely what I am saying too.   But what exactly is 'natural' and what its boundaries are... is debatable. The mind is still a mystery. Its unlikely that we will be able to fix clear limits and categorize all phenomena any time soon. 

As a friend I would suggest that you don't stay within your comfort zone and try to visit the place again. I am sure it'll help you in more ways than one. 

Maybe some others on here could also visit the place and experience it for themselves, if it is not very far from their home.

Rhiannon

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
My personal view is that there is a lot which is natural but that we don't yet have the capacity to study or measure, so it gets dismissed as woo.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 03:48:57 PM »
My personal view is that there is a lot which is natural but that we don't yet have the capacity to study or measure, so it gets dismissed as woo.

Yes....but natural  phenomena can also be quite extraordinary and 'magical'.  It need not all be mundane. There is a difference between 'natural' and 'ordinary'.

Owlswing

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 04:19:47 PM »

I thought that you were atheist?
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 04:30:39 PM »
Apparently WH Auden's face has been sighted on a scrotum.

Shaker

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »
Apparently WH Auden's face has been sighted on a scrotum.
That happened on a regular basis while he was alive.

Allegedly.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 11:40:43 PM »

Are atheists somehow exempt from having odd experiences?
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »

Why have no Christians commented on this thread I wonder?!  Maybe some of them could visit the place, if they or their kin happen to have some chronic ailments.

Owlswing

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
Our previous property had a field, where two weeks after we moved there in 1997 an Irish couple on a walking tour of our area claimed to have seen the Virgin Mary and been cured of their ailments. . .  On May 17th 1997 I saw, for a second or two, an image which looked like the picture book version of Mary, I am sure the woman looked nothing like that in reality, I am convinced my mind was playing tricks!

Are atheists somehow exempt from having odd experiences?

Floo has stated that she only experienced this becasue she tried to test the validity of the claim that the Virgin was present oin the field and found that the promised cure was achieved.

To attribute the cure of her malaise to the Virgin and be an atheist is, to my mind, hypocritical. 
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »
Yes....but natural  phenomena can also be quite extraordinary and 'magical'.  It need not all be mundane. There is a difference between 'natural' and 'ordinary'.
In 1992, many of the inhabitants of Tansen, a town in Nepal claimed to have seen an image of Christ on the cross in the sky.  Apparently, it was a completely clear day, so no weird cloud formations could be blamed; the majority of them would never have seen a picture of Christ on the cross - the nearest thing they would have seen would have been an empty cross had they had reason to visit the mission hospital in the town, and furthermore, that majority were self-confessed Hindus.

http://bit.ly/1LDb7Gf

I appreciate that this is from a Catholic media outlet; I used to have a copy of the article from the Gorkhapatra, the Nepali language national newspaper of the time, but doubt whether anyone here would be able to read it, even if I could find it.  Oddly enough, it didn't make it into The Rising Nepal - the Gorkhapatra's English-language sister paper.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »
Why have no Christians commented on this thread I wonder?!  Maybe some of them could visit the place, if they or their kin happen to have some chronic ailments.
Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury until 2012, has spoken about the idea of 'thin places', a Celtic Christian concept that teaches that physical locations exist in which God's presence is more accessible than elsewhere, places where heaven and earth seem to touch, where the line between holy and human meet for a moment.   Often in hilly/mountainous country, Floo's field might have been one of these.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

floo

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 10:13:03 AM »
Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury until 2012, has spoken about the idea of 'thin places', a Celtic Christian concept that teaches that physical locations exist in which God's presence is more accessible than elsewhere, places where heaven and earth seem to touch, where the line between holy and human meet for a moment.   Often in hilly/mountainous country, Floo's field might have been one of these.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Shaker

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
I appreciate that this is from a Catholic media outlet ...
No chance of bias or special interest there, thank goodness.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 11:56:14 AM »

Rather like the portkeys that Harry Potter and friends use to travel from one place to another.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Gonnagle

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »
Dear Hope,

Thin places.

Genesis 32.

Places where you can be nearer to God, I think this is also a pagan thing, could be one reason why so many Christian Churches are built on old pagan sites.

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

Shaker

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »
Dear Hope,

Thin places.

Genesis 32.

Places where you can be nearer to God, I think this is also a pagan thing, could be one reason why so many Christian Churches are built on old pagan sites.

Gonnagle.
It seems to have rather more to do with one religion trying to supplant earlier ones - there's a well-known letter from some Pope or other instructing one of his lackeys to build chapels on the site of pagan places of worship.

Gonnagle

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »
Dear Shaker,

And of course that could be another reason. ???

The spirit of Hitchen is alive and well. ;)

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 12:20:15 PM »
Dear Hope,

Thin places.

Genesis 32.

Gonnagle.
It seems to have rather more to do with one religion trying to supplant earlier ones - there's a well-known letter from some Pope or other instructing one of his lackeys to build chapels on the site of pagan places of worship.
Damn. The naturally para-scientific and socialist British working man being ridden roughshod by foreign globalist commercial interests again.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »
Dear Hope,

Thin places.

Genesis 32.

Gonnagle.

Personally I think of Babbity's as a thin place