Author Topic: Floo...  (Read 15955 times)

Gonnagle

Re: Floo...
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 01:04:28 PM »
Dear Sane,

AYE!! Definitely. ;D

And I am beginning to think you have hollow legs. ;)

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »
Dear Sane,

AYE!! Definitely. ;D

And I am beginning to think you have hollow legs. ;)

Gonnagle.
John and I went on to Bar Gandolfi for another couple

Gonnagle

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 02:30:06 PM »
Dear Sane,

1. I am getting to old.

2. I am a lightweight.

I will go with number one. :P

Gonnagle.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 03:09:43 PM »
No chance of bias or special interest there, thank goodness.
No, Shaker, because - as was pointed out in the article - the reports came from Hindu witnesses.  In fact, at the time (possibly still the case today) there was no resident Catholic population in the town.

Furthermore, it was reported in the national Nepali-language newspaper of the time, a paper that was and remains very pro-Hindu and anti-Christian.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »

What's wrong with all of you?  Why are you discussing rumors, news reports and so on.....from Nepal that too?!  Here we have a real life case directly from the horse's mouth!  Its happened in Floo's property, she has herself experienced it and whats more, she is a confirmed atheist.

Why not discuss this case.... or some of you visit her field? If I had been in the UK I would have seized this chance for a first hand experience. You guys keep asking for evidence...well...here's your evidence. Why not go and check for yourselves?! 

floo

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »

What's wrong with all of you?  Why are you discussing rumors, news reports and so on.....from Nepal that too?!  Here we have a real life case directly from the horse's mouth!  Its happened in Floo's property, she has herself experienced it and whats more, she is a confirmed atheist.

Why not discuss this case.... or some of you visit her field? If I had been in the UK I would have seized this chance for a first hand experience. You guys keep asking for evidence...well...here's your evidence. Why not go and check for yourselves?!

Oh for heaven's sake Sriram, I have stated my sceptism, and also the people who bought the place three years ago wouldn't be thrilled to have a load of 'pilgrims' turning up at the field!

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »
To Matty,
Now read this very slowly. PAY ATTENTION! floo is agnostic! She has never claimed to be an atheist.

Sriram, as a Christian I'll tell ya this,  Mary is not appearing anywhere on earth and Christ is NOT putting His face on Dicky Dawkin's grilled cheese.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »

Oh for heaven's sake Sriram, I have stated my sceptism, and also the people who bought the place three years ago wouldn't be thrilled to have a load of 'pilgrims' turning up at the field!

Your scepticism is a mindset.   Its a programming. You should work on it.  :)

You yourself have stated that the cure did happen (which is pretty honest of you, I must say). This in fact, proves that your scepticism is something you yourself cannot help. Its not for want of evidence....but is in spite of your own experience.  You are virtually trapped in your own scepticism.

Its like hating someone or being immensely attracted to someone in spite of all evidence and all argument against it. We often become blind due to strong mindsets for or against something. 

The owners might or might not object. But people who want evidence could try.

What's the use of people merely sitting here and yakking on and on about proof and evidence and bible bashing all the time when something like this is happening right in front of you?!!!

The religious folk on here have also been surprisingly reticent on this. Too much like the real thing I suppose. Probably they feel more comfortable talking about 2000 year old events and miracles rather than real ones of today.   If Jesus really comes they would probably chase him away.  They might prefer the imaginary one to the real one.  ;)

Gonnagle

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »
Dear Sriram,

Yeah!! You tell em! They pesky Christians are a crazy mixed up lot.

Problem is for the proddys its the whole Virgin Mary thing and the Tim's, well they need it verified by some kind of papal certificate.

Gonnagle.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2015, 07:31:17 PM »
Well, I thought it might be useful to have a second example of eye-witness reportage of this kind of event, Sriram.

As far as I'm aware, Sri, Floo has never told 'us' (and she also recounted it some years ago on a different forum I used to be a member of) where this event took place.  I believe that someone on that other forum asked her the location, but that she was not forthcoming.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Leonard James

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2015, 07:32:48 PM »
She has been seen in tree stumps from time to time and several years ago the face of Christ appeared on somebody's grilled cheese.

That guy's face, resembling the image on the Turin Shroud, appeared on the stone fireplace of our previous property in 2005!

Cover the whole  of your face with coloured powder, and then wrap a white sheet round your head in the form of the top part of a shroud. When you take it off I can assure you it will look nothing like you, as the face will be much wider and fatter than yours ... certainly not long and thin as is the reputed imprint of Jesus's head.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2015, 07:58:32 PM »
Your scepticism is a mindset.   Its a programming.

Well, Sriram, I can't speak for Floo. But I can tell you that for me skepticism is far from being a mindset. It evolved during my 20s and came as a huge relief from the constant, incessant, non-stop programming which occurred during my infancy, childhood and adolescence.

Such is the influence of family, church, religion-based primary school ... and so on. That is programming.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2015, 09:51:37 PM »
Such is the influence of family, church, religion-based primary school ... and so on. That is programming.
So how would you explain - on the programmming/scepticism continuum - those who grow up in an atheist family and context decide, in later life, to change to a religious mindset? 

Owlswing

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2015, 10:02:08 PM »
To Matty,
Now read this very slowly. PAY ATTENTION! floo is agnostic! She has never claimed to be an atheist.

YAWN! BORING!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 04:55:13 AM »
Well yes, it was so much more fun for you to think floo is an atheist and in your view a hypocrite. Sometimes the facts are a yawn and are boring to children that like to make stuff up in their little heads.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 07:09:51 AM »
Well, I thought it might be useful to have a second example of eye-witness reportage of this kind of event, Sriram.

As far as I'm aware, Sri, Floo has never told 'us' (and she also recounted it some years ago on a different forum I used to be a member of) where this event took place.  I believe that someone on that other forum asked her the location, but that she was not forthcoming.

The fact that Floo has talked about it is to her credit. Most atheists would have kept quiet.

My point is that atheists keep asking for evidence and still never bother to  discuss or investigate such matters. They are happy living in their comfort zone and prefer that their mindset is not disturbed.

Similarly, many religious people find such incidents as 'too near home' and get scared. They prefer the miracles in the books to the real ones.

All these are mindset problems and are not easily resolved. No one likes strange new things infringing  on their deeply embedded ideas.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 07:35:52 AM »
So how would you explain - on the programmming/scepticism continuum - those who grow up in an atheist family and context decide, in later life, to change to a religious mindset?

Coming from you, Hope, this is a stupid question.

Are you so full of religious bile that you cannot accept that people have free choices as to what they choose to believe?

Write out 100 times:

Atheist does not mean anti-gods, it means without gods.

I do not object to people believing in a king of the fairies in the sky. On occasions -weddings, funerals, Remembrance Days - I will quietly accompany them to the edifices in which they talk to themselves. I respect their right to do so. I do not judge them.  I will keep silent and ... at worst ... regard it as an hour out of my life which I won't get back.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:49:25 AM by Harrowby Hall »
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

ippy

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 08:14:47 AM »

Try standing on one leg while whistling the Marseillaise it's a really good cure for believing in bollocks.

ippy

Owlswing

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 08:45:36 AM »
Well yes, it was so much more fun for you to think floo is an atheist and in your view a hypocrite. Sometimes the facts are a yawn and are boring to children that like to make stuff up in their little heads.

Much better than people whose monotonous repetition of pathetic so-called humourous insults created by opinionated big-heads who couldn't come up with a FACT if their lives depended upon it.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

floo

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2015, 09:05:46 AM »
I am surprised this thread is still going! ::)

For the record I am an AGNOSTIC. I don't believe the gods worshipped by humans exist except in the human mind. It is just possible a deity exists in another dimension somewhere.

Yes I have had some very weird experiences which some would consider 'supernatural' since birth. The ones we encountered in our previous property were beyond weird. However, as I have said many, many times before I am of the opinion there is an explanation for everything, which has nothing to do with unseen entities. I prefer to put my faith in science than religion.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 09:26:38 AM »
I prefer to put my faith in science than religion.
But there is no such dichotomy, Floo.  A belief in one doesn't preclude a faith in the other.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
Try standing on one leg while whistling the Marseillaise it's a really good cure for believing in bollocks.
I think it will depend on whether one is male or female, ippy   ;)

floo

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2015, 10:16:14 AM »
I prefer to put my faith in science than religion.
But there is no such dichotomy, Floo.  A belief in one doesn't preclude a faith in the other.

I am aware of that. However, where I am concerned, I have managed very well without a religion all these years, when I did have a faith it certainly wasn't a good experience. Until a deity, should it exist, reveals itself to the whole world in a way which cannot be denied by even the most hidebound atheists, I am more than content to regard humans as the gods of this world.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »

I am more than content to regard humans as the gods of this world.

Sorry Floo. I think nature has a lot to say about that.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »
Until a deity, should it exist, reveals itself to the whole world in a way which cannot be denied by even the most hidebound atheists, ...
You've made this type of comment before, but I think that we will always have those for whom anything will be able to be denied.  As I've asked before, but you've never answered other than to suggest ways that have already occurred, what way of the deity 'reveal[ing] itself to the whole world' would satisfy you?