Author Topic: Floo...  (Read 15949 times)

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
Re: Floo...
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »
Except Floo's post here is a statement of opinion about her reading of the bible and the character of the god portrayed into. It's not a claim about evidence.
So, are you suggesting that opinion doesn't have to have supporting evidence?

Btw any chance of a methodology to evaluate supernatural claims?
Cracked record time again.  As has been said by a number of people, the methodology required to evaluate supernatural claims includes supernatural elements (such as the acknowledgement that they can exist), in the same way as the methodology for evaluating purely natural claims involves natural elements.  I have to admit to having never considered whether purely physical claims can be evaluated by the supernatural methodology.  All I would say is that they deal with many different aspects of reality.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

Some time back..Floo had posted on the Christian board that she had experienced a dramatic cure (my words) for her frozen shoulder when she went into her field (agricultural field I mean) one day. I understand that the field was known for such cures and that many people would request to be allowed to walk into the field to experience such 'magical' cures for their ailments.

In my opinion, this kind of cure is due to the biofield (aura) that surrounds all of us like a magnetic field. If the flow of energy in this field is hindered in any way it can result in ailments.  If the flow of energy is corrected it can cure ailments miraculously. This phenomenon is not 'supernatural' but is a very natural phenomenon that science is not yet aware of.

Most faith healings and placing of hands and other such treatments such as pranic healing, reiki and even acupuncture.....are built around this phenomenon of the biofield.  It is called Prana in Hinduism, Chi in China and Ki in Japan.

I wish Floo would elaborate  here about her experience and let us know what exactly happened to her and to others she has seen.  It is important that we don't shy away from such abnormal experiences.  It could lead us to new and exciting discoveries....and perhaps help scientists to identify new ways of treating ailments.

Cheers.

Sriram

Sriram, I agree it's all about 'energy' (where's Nick Marks... haha). The healing takes place because there is a shift in the field of energy (biofield, as you say). If you know anything about acupuncture it works because the 'block' in the flow of energy which has caused the ailment, is released and the energy (chi) is able to flow, once more.

Re Floo's field: in natural healing speak, the vortex of energy displaying within the field works by unblocking the blocked energy within the recipient. It will literally be similar to standing in the radiation of a sun treatment cubicle, which is used in the treatment of skin problems.

Just to add: Visions of Jesus were seen a few years ago at Broadway Tower, a folly near Broadway, UK, Whether any healings took place at the time, I don't know.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:43:47 PM by SweetPea »
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Shaker

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
Woo overload!
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
Woo overload!

So be it.... but have a look, yourself, Shaker at how Acupuncture, Reiki etc, works.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »
Except Floo's post here is a statement of opinion about her reading of the bible and the character of the god portrayed into. It's not a claim about evidence.
So, are you suggesting that opinion doesn't have to have supporting evidence?

Btw any chance of a methodology to evaluate supernatural claims?
Cracked record time again.  As has been said by a number of people, the methodology required to evaluate supernatural claims includes supernatural elements (such as the acknowledgement that they can exist), in the same way as the methodology for evaluating purely natural claims involves natural elements.  I have to admit to having never considered whether purely physical claims can be evaluated by the supernatural methodology.  All I would say is that they deal with many different aspects of reality.

Does my opinion that Marmite is lovely need evidence? How about that I think Osborne is a chancer? You could ask why you think such things but I think it is as usual with you a misuse of evidence.

And I may be being a cracked record but that is because yet again there is a failure to answer. How do you evaluate supernatural elements? How does it work when we do not seem to have any method to determine what would be such an element?

Is it just that you have no understanding of what a method is?

Enki

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

ippy

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2015, 04:20:01 PM »
Woo overload!

So be it.... but have a look, yourself, Shaker at how Acupuncture, Reiki etc, works.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/jul/26/acupuncture-sceptics-proof-effective-nhs

Can't remember where but I heard something about it has been tried on animals with some success.

No I can't verify that.

ippy

floo

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »
If the deity really does exist, and is a quarter as bad as the Bible portrays it to be, we should be doing everything in our power to exterminate the evil entity
Floo, if I'd had a £1 for every time you made a post along these lines without ever producing evidence to back up your claim, I'd be a very rich guy by now.   ;)

I don't have to produce any evidence, it is you that has to produce evidence for your fanciful belief system, which you fail to do.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2015, 04:49:25 PM »
If the deity really does exist, and is a quarter as bad as the Bible portrays it to be, we should be doing everything in our power to exterminate the evil entity
Floo, if I'd had a £1 for every time you made a post along these lines without ever producing evidence to back up your claim, I'd be a very rich guy by now.   ;)

And if I had a pound for every time you made an assertion without ever producing evidence, I'd be considerably richer than you.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2015, 05:00:56 PM »

About Acupuncture....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150721134820.htm

In animal models, acupuncture appears to impact the same biologic pathways ramped up by pain and stress, analogous to what drugs do in humans. Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) researchers say their animal study, published online in Endocrinology, provides the strongest evidence to date on the mechanism of this ancient Chinese therapy in chronic stress.

"The benefits of acupuncture are well known by those who use it, but such proof is anecdotal. This research, the culmination of a number of studies, demonstrates how acupuncture might work in the human body to reduce stress and pain, and, potentially, depression," says the study's senior investigator,

Another link......

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/08/150819120750.htm

Patients with hypertension treated with acupuncture experienced drops in their blood pressure that lasted up to a month and a half, researchers have found. This work is the first to scientifically confirm that this ancient Chinese practice is beneficial in treating mild to moderate hypertension, and it indicates that regular use could help people control their blood pressure and lessen their risk of stroke and heart disease.

"By using Western scientific rigor to validate an ancient Eastern therapy, we feel we have integrated Chinese and Western medicine and provided a beneficial guideline for treating a disease that affects millions in the U.S."

Shaker

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »

And if I had a pound for every time you made an assertion without ever producing evidence, I'd be considerably richer than you.
... and if I had a pound for every time that Hope had done so while invoking some logical fallacy or other, usually the appeal to ignorance, I'd be richer than both of you put together.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »
Well Shaker, so now we know you are poorer than dirt poor. Have another cookie and then get a job! (snork)

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »

Just to add: Visions of Jesus were seen a few years ago at Broadway Tower, a folly near Broadway, UK, Whether any healings took place at the time, I don't know.

I live a few miles from Broadway Tower. First I've ever heard of this.

Wasn't being put around by Max Clifford, was it? He isn't using his weekend cottage at the moment.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2015, 08:16:16 PM »

... and if I had a pound for every time that Hope had done so while invoking some logical fallacy or other, usually the appeal to ignorance, I'd be richer than both of you put together.

Actually, no you wouldn't, since the occasions in which Hope makes an assertion without producing evidence but with invoking a logical fallacy is necessarily a subset of the occasions in which Hope simply makes an assertion without producing evidence.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Shaker

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2015, 09:10:55 PM »
That's taking stone-faced, humourless pedantry to a nadir previously only ever observed in Hope.