Author Topic: Re: WHAT makes a person saved in Christ Jesus?  (Read 10471 times)

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
Re: WHAT makes a person saved in Christ Jesus?
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 03:22:38 PM »
If Christ was an angel then he could not die as a man....
The Hebrew word for "angel" (malak) and the Greek word for "angel" (angelos) basically mean "messenger". John the Baptist is described as an "angelos" and he died as a man.

What are you doing adding to the word of God. YOU need to accept Christ could not be an angel.
I'm not. I am pointing out that the words angelos/malak basically mean "messenger". John the Baptist was a messenger, an angelos. Jesus had a message too. I'm not saying that Christ was a created being. Being called angelos or malak says nothing apart from that the person is bringing a message.

4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

As you can see John was not an angel and whether a messenger or not man and angels are different.  Angels are created unable to die. Man is lower than angels.

John was a man and so was Christ but angels are angles.
But John was an angelos.

Who was at the tomb after Jesus' resurrection - angels or men?
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 04:57:30 PM »
Though I would never share in "mission" with a Unitarian like yourself (it would be too confusing for people), I am not saying that this means you are not saved. I doubt whether the repentant thief on the cross had a proper understanding of the Trinity, that Jesus was indeed God incarnate. He saw someone who was able and willing to forgive his sins. The only proviso I would put on this would be that if a person is truly saved he or she will surely follow what the Scriptures say about Jesus and come to the conclusion that he was and is God incarnate. That seems to me to be the natural result of getting saved.

Could you explain the difference between

saved
truly saved

Nice to see you in the Faith Sharing area.  So which faith do you adhere to?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:25:21 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 12:23:37 AM »
Though I would never share in "mission" with a Unitarian like yourself (it would be too confusing for people), I am not saying that this means you are not saved. I doubt whether the repentant thief on the cross had a proper understanding of the Trinity, that Jesus was indeed God incarnate. He saw someone who was able and willing to forgive his sins. The only proviso I would put on this would be that if a person is truly saved he or she will surely follow what the Scriptures say about Jesus and come to the conclusion that he was and is God incarnate. That seems to me to be the natural result of getting saved.

saved
truly saved

Nice to see you in the Faith Sharing area.  So which faith to you adhere to?
"Let me add, for clarification, that this Board is open to all members and not just theists."
 http://www.religionethics.co.uk/index.php?topic=9512.msg563294#msg563294
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Bubbles

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »

saved
truly saved

Nice to see you in the Faith Sharing area.  So which faith to you adhere to?

It doesn't matter.

It says any faith or denomination.

Sassy

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 02:41:42 AM »
If Christ was an angel then he could not die as a man....
The Hebrew word for "angel" (malak) and the Greek word for "angel" (angelos) basically mean "messenger". John the Baptist is described as an "angelos" and he died as a man.

What are you doing adding to the word of God. YOU need to accept Christ could not be an angel.
I'm not. I am pointing out that the words angelos/malak basically mean "messenger". John the Baptist was a messenger, an angelos. Jesus had a message too. I'm not saying that Christ was a created being. Being called angelos or malak says nothing apart from that the person is bringing a message.

4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

As you can see John was not an angel and whether a messenger or not man and angels are different.  Angels are created unable to die. Man is lower than angels.

John was a man and so was Christ but angels are angles.
But John was an angelos.

Jesus had angels minister to him even before his death.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Which John are you referring to.. John the Baptist was already dead when Christ crucified and the Apostle John wrote the gospel.  Please make clearer your point

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 12:14:26 AM »

What are you doing adding to the word of God. YOU need to accept Christ could not be an angel.I'm not. I am pointing out that the words angelos/malak basically mean "messenger". John the Baptist was a messenger, an angelos. Jesus had a message too. I'm not saying that Christ was a created being. Being called angelos or malak says nothing apart from that the person is bringing a message.But John was an angelos.

Jesus had angels minister to him even before his death.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Which John are you referring to.. John the Baptist was already dead when Christ crucified and the Apostle John wrote the gospel.  Please make clearer your point

Bumped for Alien.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
Bumped for Alien.
Sorry, hadn't seen this and haven't been around much.

John the Baptist.
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

Bubbles

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 07:28:30 PM »
IMO the only thing that is going to save anyone, is having a good kind heart.

I reckon the ones Jesus turns away are the ones who don't have that, never mind how much they might believe and use the name of Jesus.

To me that says if Christianity was right,  it isn't just belief in Jesus that would save you, you need a kind heart.

That's how I read it.

I don't go a lot on the terminator Jesus, of the hell fire preachers.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:32:47 PM by Rose »

torridon

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 09:35:45 AM »
IMO the only thing that is going to save anyone, is having a good kind heart.

I reckon the ones Jesus turns away are the ones who don't have that, never mind how much they might believe and use the name of Jesus.

Sociopaths do not have 'a good kind heart', does that mean they are beyond salvation ? 

Sassy

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »
Sociopaths do not have 'a good kind heart', does that mean they are beyond salvation ?

The New Covenant can change the heart....

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

With God nothing is impossible. You see the obstruction but do not apply the truth that God teaches us.
Sin is no different whether man is  a sociopath or not. The truth changes things - that God is the changer of all mens whose hearts lead them into the vilest sin.

The truth is Christ died for the most evil to the most righteous.  But they have to make the choice. As does everyone.

When a person has the Father and the Son and reborn by the power of Gods Spirit. It is no longer their own heart they follow but a renewed persons heart that like the Father and the Son.

ANYONE can be saved... even you. :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:27:55 PM by Sassy »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 12:04:44 AM »
Moderator a number of posts have been removed as not in ethos of the FSA

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »
B**ger*, I miss everything  >:(.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us