Author Topic: Isaiah 52:13-53: whatever..  (Read 62908 times)

Bubbles

Re: Isaiah 52:13-53: whatever..
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »

Sassy

Religion is not an opinion it is a personal held belief system and we know many such religions exist.
Whilst each may have faith in their own god's it does not make them bigots.
Because a belief system is not about opinions but the personal beliefs of another which are held independently of the society or world we live in.

???

I always thought personal beliefs were an opinion  :o even shared ones.

Surely just because someone wrote them down, and lots of people believe it, it still means it's their opinion?

:-\

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:11:36 PM by Rose »

Khatru

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2016, 02:56:30 PM »
YOU are the mammoth.. had you looked where you were going you not have fell in the tar pit.
Christs followers have not disappeared in over 2,000 years and it won't happen no matter how long you sit there. Would have thought that a no brainer and easy. Why make such stupid remarks. Not clever and not big.

Fairies don't exist and I didn't need to know or be told by anyone to know this.
Sure you want to carry on being silly.
Still, you're perfectly entitled to believe in whatever gods you want - I really don't mind.  I don't even mind if you have a burning desire to nail a dead chicken to your bedpost and run around naked while howling at the moon if it brings meaning to your life.

The truth really gets to you doesn't it.

You can see from your post the pattern of thinking that keeps you locked up in your chain thinking and disbelief.
A disbelief that you push your thoughts onto other as being a truth about them but is in fact a lie.

Glanging gong....

You really are lost in your own waffle and lack of knowledge.

I can see you believe in your own fairy stories. I never had to be told fairies did not exist.
I already worked this out for myself. Same with Father Christmas.
But the one truth I do know is God is real. I really don't have a problem with you disbelieving.
But if Christs followers  the Mammoths has not disappeared individually or as a group in 2,000 year they won't disappear whilst you are watching.

YOU are the one lacking. Now everyone knows it...

Hey Sass!

Do me a favour please.

When you're in Heaven and I'm in Hell, please ask God why he favoured you with a credulous, undiscerning mind but cursed me with a well-developed faculty of reason and a love and respect for reason and logic.

While you're at it, please ask him why he filled the world with the fruits of reason that he knew would impress me, while you wouldn't notice.

Also, why did he then go further out of his way to deceive me by filling the world with false clues, like the geological column and the fossil record?  He knows that something like that leads men of reason to question and even reject religion but it doesn't even faze you.  Why did God do this? Especially as he knew it would make his Bible seem untrue and his followers seem deceived to people like me who have been cursed with this damn reasoning faculty. Please ask God why he did this to me but not you.

And please ask him why I never once saw him. That would have helped me a lot in overcoming this cursed faculty of reasoning.

Oh, and tell him that while he may count 1000 years as a day, I count it as 1000 years, and I was the one he asked to make a choice. He was not slow as some count slowness? Who doesn't count "soon" being over 2000 years as slow? Once again, I had to make that decision, not him. So how does it matter how God sees it?

Ask God why he did all of that to me, will you, Sass? Then shout his answer down to me, too, will you? I'll be right next to the Serpent, whose name, in his infinite wisdom and love, he refused to whisper to you.

I’ll try to stop screaming and gnashing my teeth just long enough to hear why God made it so very much harder – impossible, really – for me than for you.

I guess that I shouldn't have trusted my mind, or anything I saw or thought. Whatever it is, I’m sure that we’ll both find his answer just and loving, and maybe laugh a little.

Oh, please make sure to have an eternity of nice days for both of us, alright?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

ippy

« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2016, 08:01:30 PM »
YOU are the mammoth.. had you looked where you were going you not have fell in the tar pit.
Christs followers have not disappeared in over 2,000 years and it won't happen no matter how long you sit there. Would have thought that a no brainer and easy. Why make such stupid remarks. Not clever and not big.

Fairies don't exist and I didn't need to know or be told by anyone to know this.
Sure you want to carry on being silly.
Still, you're perfectly entitled to believe in whatever gods you want - I really don't mind.  I don't even mind if you have a burning desire to nail a dead chicken to your bedpost and run around naked while howling at the moon if it brings meaning to your life.

The truth really gets to you doesn't it.

You can see from your post the pattern of thinking that keeps you locked up in your chain thinking and disbelief.
A disbelief that you push your thoughts onto other as being a truth about them but is in fact a lie.

Glanging gong....

You really are lost in your own waffle and lack of knowledge.

I can see you believe in your own fairy stories. I never had to be told fairies did not exist.
I already worked this out for myself. Same with Father Christmas.
But the one truth I do know is God is real. I really don't have a problem with you disbelieving.
But if Christs followers  the Mammoths has not disappeared individually or as a group in 2,000 year they won't disappear whilst you are watching.

YOU are the one lacking. Now everyone knows it...

Coor Sass you've really thrown a wobbly here, everything OK?

I didn't even bother with how many assertions you've made again on this one Sass, it's a bit worrying.

ippy

Sassy

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2016, 12:04:39 PM »
Such irony! Do you really believe that everybody thinks that? Of course you don't, you are just lying to make yourself feel better.

The fact is, Sass, that almost everyone on this forum sees you as a  harmless nut case, who has allowed herself to believe that only SHE has the truth.  :)

In reality that isn't true. How can Jesus be portrayed as a persons own truth?

The bible says God will raise up a prophet like Moses whom God shall put his words into his mouth and everyone is to listen and obey those words.

Luke Writes that the Angel told Mary that Jesus is a Holy thing and is to be called the Son of God.

What is it about those truths that make them any one persons here on earth?

What is about these following truths that make them belong to any one person - living.

"I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but by me."

"Eternal life is knowing you the ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ whom you sent."

" For God so loved the World that he gave his Only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish but
have eternal life"

Isn't it more the reality and truth you do not understand what it means to be a believer born of the Spirit and the truth about Jesus Christ?

You can make all kinds of false accusations but my beliefs are reflected in the word of God in the OT and the NT.
And if it isn't in the OT about Christ then you can be sure the NT would be incorrect.

The truth and the fact is that Christ completed everything written by the Prophets about him before he died.
That all that was now to come was the judgement and his return.

If you want to prove something then prove the truth to be wrong otherwise accept that you falsely accuse others because of the truth so hiding and masking your own inability to disprove it.
The truth is what I believe stands independently of any human being because it comes from God.
Jesus Christ was independent of all mankind in his life because we saw what God would be if God was a man by the way he lived. He has made Gods true love known to us.
But in a world which lacks love who really wants to hear the truth that makes us all see how short we fall.
Don't blame the messenger either disprove the truth or admit you attack the person because you cannot successfully attack the truth. Because God stands in your way.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Sassy

« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »
???

I always thought personal beliefs were an opinion  :o even shared ones.

Surely just because someone wrote them down, and lots of people believe it, it still means it's their opinion?

:-\

Not at all, ((Rose))

Personal beliefs are nothing if they hold no gravity of truth through experience and actions.
The fact Christ said...

King James Bible
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Means faith is about hope and seeing the things God promises come into being. It is a relationship of truth.
Where we claim and stand on those promises and we see the truth revealed to us.

"Ye shall KNOW the truth and the truth shall set you free"

Opinion is about what we observe and thoughts formed from those observations.
But personal faith is about what we are told will happen and that happening as promised.
It faith which sees.

Faith in religion should be about asking and receiving. About believing and seeing.
Otherwise what would truly be the point of that personal faith and belief.

Faith should be a living reality.  Jesus Christ showed that his knowledge and belief in Gods word brought actions because God was with him.

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Christ did all he did because he believed what God had said and he knew God.
Which is what God wants for everyone and we can be sure that is true...

John 14:12King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

So those who believe can do as Christ did. Imagine believers today raising the dead and healing the sick. It happens Rose but people are not willing to look for it. Christ is for those who love truth and want to know God.
That is how our lives should be progressing in the paths God has for each of us as believers.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Leonard James

« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2016, 12:15:37 PM »
In reality that isn't true. How can Jesus be portrayed as a persons own truth?

The bible says God will raise up a prophet like Moses whom God shall put his words into his mouth and everyone is to listen and obey those words.

Luke Writes that the Angel told Mary that Jesus is a Holy thing and is to be called the Son of God.

What is it about those truths that make them any one persons here on earth?

What is about these following truths that make them belong to any one person - living.

"I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but by me."

"Eternal life is knowing you the ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ whom you sent."

" For God so loved the World that he gave his Only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish but
have eternal life"

Isn't it more the reality and truth you do not understand what it means to be a believer born of the Spirit and the truth about Jesus Christ?

You can make all kinds of false accusations but my beliefs are reflected in the word of God in the OT and the NT.
And if it isn't in the OT about Christ then you can be sure the NT would be incorrect.

The truth and the fact is that Christ completed everything written by the Prophets about him before he died.
That all that was now to come was the judgement and his return.

If you want to prove something then prove the truth to be wrong otherwise accept that you falsely accuse others because of the truth so hiding and masking your own inability to disprove it.
The truth is what I believe stands independently of any human being because it comes from God.
Jesus Christ was independent of all mankind in his life because we saw what God would be if God was a man by the way he lived. He has made Gods true love known to us.
But in a world which lacks love who really wants to hear the truth that makes us all see how short we fall.
Don't blame the messenger either disprove the truth or admit you attack the person because you cannot successfully attack the truth. Because God stands in your way.

The usual pot-pourri of words conveying nothing but the fact that you are completely besotted with what you believe the Bible says.

Sing on, sweet bird!  :)

floo

« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2016, 12:16:04 PM »
Miracles don't happen in reality!

Maeght

« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »
Miracles don't happen in reality!

How can you be so sure of that Floo?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
Flop decides what is real for every man woman and child.

Sassy

« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
Hey Sass!

Do me a favour please.

When you're in Heaven and I'm in Hell, please ask God why he favoured you with a credulous, undiscerning mind but cursed me with a well-developed faculty of reason and a love and respect for reason and logic.

While you're at it, please ask him why he filled the world with the fruits of reason that he knew would impress me, while you wouldn't notice.

As his WORDS clearly tell you.

King James Bible
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 3King James Version (KJV)

3 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

9 Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Would you have asked if you knew the bible or the words of God. It is like chewing small pebbles with your teeth. Which do you think will break first?

Also, why did he then go further out of his way to deceive me by filling the world with false clues, like the geological column and the fossil record?

Man deceives himself. Who created the knowledge of geological column and fossil records?
There is a scientist who teaches why you cannot trust the things you use. Look for truth not for confirmation.
Because confirmation of the independent type for your beliefs cannot be find. MAN MADE.

He knows that something like that leads men of reason to question and even reject religion but it doesn't even faze you.  Why did God do this? Especially as he knew it would make his Bible seem untrue and his followers seem deceived to people like me who have been cursed with this damn reasoning faculty. Please ask God why he did this to me but not you.

It is reasoning it is the worst kind of faith you hold... it is blind faith BECAUSE you never see any REAL EVIDENCE to support what you believe that is a 100% fool proof. Some believe the lie because as the scriptures above show. They seek not truth
and God.
And please ask him why I never once saw him. That would have helped me a lot in overcoming this cursed faculty of reasoning.

You have never received 100% fool proof truth that what scientist tell you is anything but theory. It did not stop you believing.
You never sought God and the truth which requires a lot more than being told what to think as the scientist have done with you. Knowing God requires a sincere thirst for true truth and knowledge.

Oh, and tell him that while he may count 1000 years as a day, I count it as 1000 years, and I was the one he asked to make a choice. He was not slow as some count slowness? Who doesn't count "soon" being over 2000 years as slow? Once again, I had to make that decision, not him. So how does it matter how God sees it?

Whilst God is immortal and see the end from the beginning then it would be natural for a 1,000 years and a day to be the same for him. He is the God from the past, the present and future. Time and space cannot hold God.
You could not live a 1,000 years to know the difference. But as you can see the knowledge of who God is and his word reveals why a day and thousand years are the same to him. He has seen all the days from beginning to end and so all the thousands of years. No matter how many, he knows them all. So it tells us what God is like and that he is OMNIPRESENT and omnipotent.
Only man is held by time.
Ask God why he did all of that to me, will you, Sass? Then shout his answer down to me, too, will you? I'll be right next to the Serpent, whose name, in his infinite wisdom and love, he refused to whisper to you.

You did it to yourself. Because instead of listening and seeking truth you want to make yourself as a man appear to be clever to others by ridiculing God and man. But instead today you have been silenced because the truth is Gods wisdom makes those who think themselves wise in this world look foolish.
I’ll try to stop screaming and gnashing my teeth just long enough to hear why God made it so very much harder – impossible, really – for me than for you.

WELL! I THINK YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN WITH EVIDENCE EXACTLY HOW YOU DETERMINED THIS AND SHOW WHAT IT EASIER FOR ME AND HARDER FOR YOU. I am not shouting just did not want you to miss it.

I guess that I shouldn't have trusted my mind, or anything I saw or thought. Whatever it is, I’m sure that we’ll both find his answer just and loving, and maybe laugh a little.

Oh, please make sure to have an eternity of nice days for both of us, alright?

Compare the life of any scientist to the life of Christ. Then tell me why Christ never claimed the Glory for himself?
Tell me why he did all things to Glorify God and not himself.
When a man who is a scientist claims something it is of himself. When Christ did something he claimed it was of God.
What scientist do has never been as great as what Christ acheived. So why did one man who did things science cannot acheive give the Glory to God? And why and how did Christ do those things?

Faith and wisdom in God are more powerful and potent then anything a man and science can procure.

It is nice to laugh and love in truth.

Sadly, I find not gratification or happiness in the thought of others being lost. :(

Khatru

« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2016, 12:48:58 PM »
As his WORDS clearly tell you.

King James Bible
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 3King James Version (KJV)

3 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

9 Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Would you have asked if you knew the bible or the words of God. It is like chewing small pebbles with your teeth. Which do you think will break first?

Man deceives himself. Who created the knowledge of geological column and fossil records?
There is a scientist who teaches why you cannot trust the things you use. Look for truth not for confirmation.
Because confirmation of the independent type for your beliefs cannot be find. MAN MADE.

It is reasoning it is the worst kind of faith you hold... it is blind faith BECAUSE you never see any REAL EVIDENCE to support what you believe that is a 100% fool proof. Some believe the lie because as the scriptures above show. They seek not truth
and God.
You have never received 100% fool proof truth that what scientist tell you is anything but theory. It did not stop you believing.
You never sought God and the truth which requires a lot more than being told what to think as the scientist have done with you. Knowing God requires a sincere thirst for true truth and knowledge.

Whilst God is immortal and see the end from the beginning then it would be natural for a 1,000 years and a day to be the same for him. He is the God from the past, the present and future. Time and space cannot hold God.
You could not live a 1,000 years to know the difference. But as you can see the knowledge of who God is and his word reveals why a day and thousand years are the same to him. He has seen all the days from beginning to end and so all the thousands of years. No matter how many, he knows them all. So it tells us what God is like and that he is OMNIPRESENT and omnipotent.
Only man is held by time.
You did it to yourself. Because instead of listening and seeking truth you want to make yourself as a man appear to be clever to others by ridiculing God and man. But instead today you have been silenced because the truth is Gods wisdom makes those who think themselves wise in this world look foolish.
WELL! I THINK YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN WITH EVIDENCE EXACTLY HOW YOU DETERMINED THIS AND SHOW WHAT IT EASIER FOR ME AND HARDER FOR YOU. I am not shouting just did not want you to miss it.

Compare the life of any scientist to the life of Christ. Then tell me why Christ never claimed the Glory for himself?
Tell me why he did all things to Glorify God and not himself.
When a man who is a scientist claims something it is of himself. When Christ did something he claimed it was of God.
What scientist do has never been as great as what Christ acheived. So why did one man who did things science cannot acheive give the Glory to God? And why and how did Christ do those things?

Faith and wisdom in God are more powerful and potent then anything a man and science can procure.

It is nice to laugh and love in truth.

Sadly, I find not gratification or happiness in the thought of others being lost. :(

Please.........

Calm down, Sass.

Try muttering at the ceiling light.  I've heard you folks like that.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

Shaker

« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »
Rarely were so many, many words wasted on absolutely no meaningful content.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Leonard James

« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »
Rarely were so many, many words wasted on absolutely no meaningful content.

Sass has no words of her own on this subject, her whole vocabulary consists of Bible quotes.

floo

« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2016, 03:06:49 PM »

If by a 'miracle' you mean a supernatural event directed by the sky fairy, then there is absolutely no evidence it has performed any.  I am of the opinion there is a natural explanation for any unexpected healing.

Maeght

« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »
If by a 'miracle' you mean a supernatural event directed by the sky fairy, then there is absolutely no evidence it has performed any.  I am of the opinion there is a natural explanation for any unexpected healing.

So am I, but I could be wrong. This is why I asked how you could be sure - do you consider you could be wrong?

Those who do believe would argue that the accounts in the Bible are evidence of course.

floo

« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2016, 03:24:25 PM »
So am I, but I could be wrong. This is why I asked how you could be sure - do you consider you could be wrong?

Those who do believe would argue that the accounts in the Bible are evidence of course.

Of course I could be wrong, and everything in the Bible is true! That would be the worst thing possible if that were true, the deity featured there is a psycho! >:(

Enki

« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
Sass has no words of her own on this subject, her whole vocabulary consists of Bible quotes.

Perhaps it's a case of Biblical apologetics apoplectics. ;)
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

Maeght

« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2016, 05:06:05 PM »
Of course I could be wrong, and everything in the Bible is true!

Great - that doesn't really come across ion your postings though, that's all.

Leonard James

« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
Perhaps it's a case of Biblical apologetics apoplectics. ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Or diarrhoea biblioteca.

Sassy

« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2016, 09:50:15 AM »
Please.........

Calm down, Sass.

Try muttering at the ceiling light.  I've heard you folks like that.

I see it is still true for you...

Is that a deliberate effort to twist what was actually said or is intelligence lacking as well as your knowledge when it comes
to the Scripture. Seen it all before when people who are not articulate or well versed in the English language and unable to answer the point turns to insult and sarcasm. What's wrong, couldn't you find an answer to copy from the internet...

Makes light work for us when you aptly revert back to what you do best.. Insult and sarcasm... laughable to everyone else.

floo

« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »
Great - that doesn't really come across ion your postings though, that's all.

I say what I think, but have never once said it the 'truth' like others do! ::)

floo

« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »

Makes light work for us when you aptly revert back to what you do best.. Insult and sarcasm... laughable to everyone else.

It is your garbage which is laughable, NOT that of Khatru!

Maeght

« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »
I say what I think, but have never once said it the 'truth' like others do! ::)

So you don't think posting

'Miracles don't happen in reality!'

comes across that way?

Maeght

« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2016, 01:17:25 PM »

Not everyone else Sassy - I've pointed out this bad habit of yours of claiming that everyone sees things like you do before.