Author Topic: Isaiah 52:13-53: whatever..  (Read 62839 times)

~TW~

• home sweet home
Re: Isaiah 52:13-53: whatever..
« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2016, 06:40:35 PM »
Of course, you do know that Isaiah also got his prophecies wrong?

Don't you?

Looks like you have hit the fan.
~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Sassy

« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2016, 07:09:35 AM »
The Bible can and is interpreted to suit the thought process of those doing the interpreting.

You have to laugh... hence the reason Floo, is always talking twaddle.
Seems millions of people who believe Jesus is the Son of God.
Luke 1 are getting it wrong and interpreting it to suit themselves.
Do you think the Angel got it wrong? Can it be misinterpreted that Jesus is to be called the Son of God or that he died to save the world (people) John 3:16 not the planet after all God controls it all, doesn't he?

The more a person reads the bible the more you see how Floo lives in her own world and has never studied the bible.
How many people speak in ignorance. Even a small child who attends Sunday School knows more than Floo.
It any wonder she can only produce small posts with just empty beliefs which are wrong?

It was written so long ago so we can't know for sure how much credence the documents making up that book actually have. Of course many people, including some on this forum, make wild speculations stating them as fact!

Jesus said:-

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. 18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

According to Christ we can know what the bible is teaching and we can know both Christ and God personally.
Until you have tried to do as he has said then you will keep writing utter rubbish and all which is illogical for a person who has never walked the way Christ set for us all to know the Father and himself.

The only persons who widely speculates and gets it wrong is you Floo along with the other atheists...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:22:26 AM by Sassy »
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2016, 07:11:31 AM »
Of course, you do know that Isaiah also got his prophecies wrong?

Don't you?

What a silly Billy...

Isaiah getting his prophecies wrong... I believe every word you write shows you are wrong.
It shows you are ignorant and here like Bluehillside to try and pull down something you know nothing about.

If Isaiah got his Prophecies wrong then why do people believe in Jesus Christ.

Lie down before your empty head causes you to fall down.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2016, 07:14:48 AM »
Are you only allowed to dress after your nurse has let you out of your room?  ;D

ST,

We do not know anything about having a nurse let us out of our bedroom at home or being in attendance at our home.
It appears you do, and are speaking from personal experience.
I guess it is true about atheists...~" What they don't know, they make up."~ 

How apt that you should write something which proves the point.

How apt it shows that in your lack of ability to find the truth you create such false suggestions.

Well I suppose sarcasm the lowest form of wit and in this case false truth for the atheist.

Sassy

« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2016, 07:16:00 AM »
What makes you think he leaves the room?

Then someone compounds this when having mentioned attacking and being rude to others as not acceptable throws stones with a person being rude to another.

Way to go, Brownie, displaying your true colours at last.

floo

« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2016, 08:22:05 AM »
Then someone compounds this when having mentioned attacking and being rude to others as not acceptable throws stones with a person being rude to another.

Way to go, Brownie, displaying your true colours at last.

Why have you started being so b*tchy to poor Brownie, when her posts directed at you, especially on the prayer thread, have been supportive?

The rest of us, apart from your clone TW, expect you to b*tch at us, as that is normal behaviour for you, but leave Brownie out of it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:24:34 AM by Floo »

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #281 on: May 13, 2016, 11:49:48 AM »
Why have you started being so b*tchy to poor Brownie, when her posts directed at you, especially on the prayer thread, have been supportive?

The rest of us, apart from your clone TW, expect you to b*tch at us, as that is normal behaviour for you, but leave Brownie out of it.

Floo----- Khatru seems to have escaped the compound could you remind him he has a question outstanding.  :)

Dr ~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2016, 11:54:02 AM »

Thank you floo but I take no notice, I was merely jesting anyway about TW but I don't care what anyone on forums thinks of me.
I don't really understand TW, I wonder if anyone else does.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

floo

« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Thank you floo but I take no notice, I was merely jesting anyway about TW but I don't care what anyone on forums thinks of me.
I don't really understand TW, I wonder if anyone else does.

Think TW is either a WUM, or has very serious problems for which he needs medical help.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
Or maybe we just don't understand what he is trying to convey floo  :D.  Anyway it doesn't matter.  I'm sorry Sass thinks I was being unpleasant but that's life.  You were kind though and I appreciate it.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2016, 12:23:08 PM »
Or maybe we just don't understand what he is trying to convey floo  :D.  Anyway it doesn't matter.  I'm sorry Sass thinks I was being unpleasant but that's life.  You were kind though and I appreciate it.

Can I tell you what I am conveying when starting a new topic make sure you get it right,and it is honest ----not dishonest like the majority I am watching.

Dr ~TW~

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2016, 12:29:41 PM »
I will do my best to understand TW, thank you.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »
I will do my best to understand TW, thank you.

Good ---I must close the surgery for a while have a search party looking for khatru  ;)

Back soon Dr~TW~

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2016, 12:36:46 PM »
 ;D

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
Brownie, you're like a breath of fresh air on this forum.

God Bless you, sister....

edited 'cos my laptop's playing up.... and not typing words!

..... or is it them gremlins again  ???

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:18:12 PM by SweetPea »
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Spud

« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »
By "genuine", do you mean "Written by just one person who was inerrantly inspired by God"?

Well, of course, most objective critics have convincingly argued that it was written by certainly two, and perhaps three distinct individuals. Isaiah of Jerusalem - chaps. 1-40 (pre-exilic), 2nd Isaiah - chaps. 40 onwards (post-exilic), and the final chapters written by 3rd Isaiah.

Now if you know of an event that has happened in the past (the Cyrus episode) and claim much later to the hoi-polloi that this was prophesied, that could be construed as lying (with the best of intentions, no doubt).

The book itself, however, claims to be predicitve prophecy. The Jews accept it as such (as far as I'm aware) and they didn't return to idol worship after their restoration to Israel. If as you suggest, a post-exilic author was writing with the aim of stopping the Jews worshipping idols, would he really make the false claim that God had announced beforehand who was going to send them back from Babylon (ie Cyrus), AND say something like, "I'm telling you in advance so that you won't be able to say that your idols did this"? It doesn't make sense.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »

Floo----- Khatru seems to have escaped the compound could you remind him he has a question outstanding.  :)

Dr ~TW~

~TW~

We do not know anything about having escaped from a compound.
I guess it is true about Christians...~" What they don't know, they make up."~

How apt it shows that in your lack of ability to find the truth you create such false suggestions.

Well I suppose sarcasm the lowest form of wit and in this case false truth for the Christian.

(you can thank Sassy for the script and sentiment)!!!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2016, 01:24:51 PM »
~TW~

We do not know anything about having escaped from a compound.
I guess it is true about Christians...~" What they don't know, they make up."~

Well I suppose sarcasm the lowest form of wit and in this case false truth for the Christian.

(you can thank Sassy for the script and sentiment)!!!

toe does khatru need you to defend him is he in such dire straights ,-------dearme.

Dr ~TW~

floo

« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2016, 01:26:59 PM »
The book itself, however, claims to be predicitve prophecy. The Jews accept it as such (as far as I'm aware) and they didn't return to idol worship after their restoration to Israel. If as you suggest, a post-exilic author was writing with the aim of stopping the Jews worshipping idols, would he really make the false claim that God had announced beforehand who was going to send them back from Babylon (ie Cyrus), AND say something like, "I'm telling you in advance so that you won't be able to say that your idols did this"? It doesn't make sense.

Whatever its claims, it doesn't make them factual.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »
Whatever its claims, it doesn't make them factual.

So why dont you read the book ---find the prophecy s and sort out the ones which are not factual,instead of writing about something you are clueless about.We Christians do not mind criticism so long as it is honest and yours is not.

~TW~

floo

« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2016, 01:46:39 PM »
So why dont you read the book ---find the prophecy s and sort out the ones which are not factual,instead of writing about something you are clueless about.We Christians do not mind criticism so long as it is honest and yours is not.

~TW~

I have read that book many times so know what I am talking about, do you?

Are you  really a Christian? I know some very decent ones who wouldn't give you the time of day, if they read your unpleasant posts.

You do mind criticism you go off on one as soon as you are challenged. Take a leaf out of Alan Burns book, I don't see it his way, but he is a decent guy and a good Christian, you aren't fit to lick his boots.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2016, 02:04:13 PM »
I have read that book many times so know what I am talking about, do you?

Are you  really a Christian? I know some very decent ones who wouldn't give you the time of day, if they read your unpleasant posts.

You do mind criticism you go off on one as soon as you are challenged. Take a leaf out of Alan Burns book, I don't see it his way, but he is a decent guy and a good Christian, you aren't fit to lick his boots.

So your jesus is a decent guy you say you have read the book,yet your Jesus this ok guy says he is going to have blood and death everywhere in his time.This ok guy says that, have you read it.

Have you read it this ok guy says he is going to get you or do you pass by that bit.

~TW~

BeRational

« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »
So your jesus is a decent guy you say you have read the book,yet your Jesus this ok guy says he is going to have blood and death everywhere in his time.This ok guy says that, have you read it.

Have you read it this ok guy says he is going to get you or do you pass by that bit.

~TW~

How do you know anything that Jesus said?

Did Jesus write a document that your have, or do you have some recording of a speach he gave?

Or do you simply just believe what others wrote about him?
I see gullible people, everywhere!

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #298 on: May 13, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
Some people Floo are so stupid they think 2000 years ago people  were deaf and could not write down what they heard and what they were told to write.

~TW~

BeRational

« Reply #299 on: May 13, 2016, 02:12:54 PM »
Some people Floo are so stupid they think 2000 years ago people  were deaf and could not write down what they heard and what they were told to write.

~TW~

Just because they wrote it, it does not make it true.

Do you believe EVERYTHING you see written down?
I see gullible people, everywhere!