Author Topic: Death Hell Problems stalk the unbeliever  (Read 61258 times)

Owlswing

Re: Death Hell Problems stalk the unbeliever
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2016, 04:21:49 PM »

Does anyone else here wonder, as I do, if the reason that there is so long between responses from ~TW~ is because he is praying for guidance?

Or hunting through the bible for a quote supportive of his position?
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2016, 04:35:23 PM »
Read your bible brownie  I am not telling anyone,if there is no God you are in the clear ............If.  :)

Arrogance again:  I am a believer TW and do know my Bible.  I do not share your interpretation and know very few who do (apart from on the internet where all sorts of extremism flourishes).
I will now be as arrogant as you and suggest you work on your personal relationship with God - the Father and Christ - and ask the Holy Spirit to give you some insight.  Also get to know people better, a wider section of society including those of other faiths.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

wigginhall

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »
Does anyone else here wonder, as I do, if the reason that there is so long between responses from ~TW~ is because he is praying for guidance?

Or hunting through the bible for a quote supportive of his position?

He's watching the racing on TV, and making a bet.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2016, 04:50:01 PM »
Arrogance again:  I am a believer TW and do know my Bible.  I do not share your interpretation and know very few who do (apart from on the internet where all sorts of extremism flourishes).
I will now be as arrogant as you and suggest you work on your personal relationship with God - the Father and Christ - and ask the Holy Spirit to give you some insight.  Also get to know people better, a wider section of society including those of other faiths.

Brownie you are not a believer,and I reject what you say entirely.You are pathetic so what new name will you have tomorrow.How about Pudding head.  ::)

~TW~.
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »
Well lads looks like you have a new person to join you calls him/her self brownie and knows nothing about the last book of the bible and very little about the first book.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 05:02:19 PM »
TW,

Well lads looks like you have a new person to join you calls him/her self brownie and knows nothing about the last book of the bible and very little about the first book.

Perhaps, but in his favour he does at least appear to have some basic reasoning ability and some human decency to boot. That'll be Brownie: 2, TW: 0 then.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

floo

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »
TW I am sure Jesus would be so proud of you if he were around today, NOT if he was a decent guy! "Depart from me for I never knew you", might be the phrase he would direct at you! >:(

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »
TW I am sure Jesus would be so proud of you if he were around today, NOT if he was a decent guy! "Depart from me for I never knew you", might be the phrase he would direct at you! >:(

Why because your Jesus {myth} knows nothing about hell.You have the wrong Jesus floo this nice guy as you call him.

~TW~

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »
TW,

Why because your Jesus {myth} knows nothing about hell.You have the wrong Jesus floo this nice guy as you call him.

Odd innit, the way people project their own personalities onto their daft superstitions: nice and kind Christian = nice and kind Jesus; nasty piece of work Christian = nasty piece of work Jesus.

Funny that.

God

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 06:09:42 PM »
Brownie you are not a believer,and I reject what you say entirely.You are pathetic so what new name will you have tomorrow.How about Pudding head.  ::)

~TW~.

Charming!  Most people know I am Lyn and Brown is the surname I had when I was born, hence Brownie.  I was previously LyndaB but when I tried to log in after a very long time, I could not do so as LyndaB so Brownie was the obvious choice to me at the time.

I am a believer but not on here to convince you TW, neither do I want to fall out with you.  You're entitled to your opinion and the tone of my responses have purely been because I found your OP unbelievably arrogant.  There are posters on here who were browbeaten by such teachings when they were children, enough to give them nightmares and certainly not conducive to getting to know the Lord.  I don't pretend to have all the answers and won't until I am gone from this earth but that is true for everyone.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »
Brownie,

I don't pretend to have all the answers and won't until I am gone from this earth but that is true for everyone.

Actually it's more likely not true for anyone, but ok.

God

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »
That too is possible bluehillside  :), I have my dry and wondering times but, on the whole, I hang onto my faith.  I don't usually bang on about it, at least I hope not!

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »
Charming!  Most people know I am Lyn and Brown is the surname I had when I was born, hence Brownie.  I was previously LyndaB but when I tried to log in after a very long time, I could not do so as LyndaB so Brownie was the obvious choice to me at the time.

I am a believer but not on here to convince you TW, neither do I want to fall out with you.  You're entitled to your opinion and the tone of my responses have purely been because I found your OP unbelievably arrogant.  There are posters on here who were browbeaten by such teachings when they were children, enough to give them nightmares and certainly not conducive to getting to know the Lord.  I don't pretend to have all the answers and won't until I am gone from this earth but that is true for everyone.

Let me enlighten you first on a daily basis 99.9 % on this forum blaspheme the Lord constantly all day and every day now they do that with nothing really being  said now if these  gooey lovely people were all hurt when they were itsy bitsy tidli children and I mean all of them then fair enough,but I do not believe it so today has been from the bible to tell these blasphemers what it says and what the future is for them.Maybe you could as a Believer also tell them that as a believer God is not mocked.Try it. tell them.

I will look in tomorrow.

~TW~

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 06:46:39 PM »
Sorry to have upset all of you but you are all guilty of blaspheming God and so a warning from scripture to tell you it has not gone un noticed,by the one who sees all I am being kind to to you.
According to you, God has hardened my heart so I can't repent. If that's the case, he is probably a complete arsehole.

Fortunately, blasphemy is a truly victimless crime.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

wigginhall

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »
That's intriguing, after all, God hardened Pharaoh's heart.   Could he (or we) then be blamed and asked to repent?   I suppose if God had ordained it in order to demonstrate his power!  Fall down and worship chocolate, you scoundrels!
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »
I don't believe that people blaspheme intentionally, a lot do not know what they believe and are bound to bluster.  I'm sure I did many years ago and have been forgiven for it - in order to truly blaspheme you must understand what you are saying so maybe I didn't need forgiveness for that.

The important thing, imo, is to keep an open mind and listen - and question.

(By the way I'm a "her"  :)).

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2016, 08:02:51 PM »
Brownie,

I don't believe that people blaspheme intentionally, a lot do not know what they believe and are bound to bluster.  I'm sure I did many years ago and have been forgiven for it - in order to truly blaspheme you must understand what you are saying so maybe I didn't need forgiveness for that.

The important thing, imo, is to keep an open mind and listen - and question.

(By the way I'm a "her"  :)).

Just to note, this is the kind of grotesque outcome that can ensue when someone thinks blasphemy is a real thing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35356052

God

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2016, 08:19:07 PM »
That is so horrible Bluehillside, seems too awful to be true.

Shaker

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2016, 08:24:01 PM »
That is so horrible Bluehillside, seems too awful to be true.
Welcome to planet Earth, where nothing is too awful to be true.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2016, 08:28:09 PM »
I know that only too well Shaker, just don't understand it. Maybe it doesn't do to analyse too much but the thoughts that went through my head when I read that report were, "Where were his parents?" and "Why is that act not being condemned? No religion could support it, especially when a minor is involved.  He may live to regret mutilating himself in that way - an act which cannot be supported by Islam - yet he'll have to hang onto his current ideas in order to justify it in the future.  Very nasty.

Outrider

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:33 PM »
Quote from: Owlswing
When are you going to learn that the god that you hold so dear is despised and hated by most people - and not just those on this forum - as a barbaric, vindictive, sadistic, tyranical arsehole
Here is the challenge, TW; to help people understand why this statement is wrong.

S

The fact Owlswing missed the second 'r' out of 'tyrranical' doesn't mean that they're wrong, surely?

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Owlswing

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »
Brownie,

Just to note, this is the kind of grotesque outcome that can ensue when someone thinks blasphemy is a real thing:

You can add these while you are at it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-29926866
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Owlswing

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2016, 09:15:23 PM »
Here is the challenge, TW; to help people understand why this statement is wrong.

S

The fact Owlswing missed the second 'r' out of 'tyrranical' doesn't mean that they're wrong, surely?

O.

Oh NO! - A typo!

Whatever next?

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:52 PM »
Brownie,

I know that only too well Shaker, just don't understand it. Maybe it doesn't do to analyse too much but the thoughts that went through my head when I read that report were, "Where were his parents?" and "Why is that act not being condemned? No religion could support it, especially when a minor is involved.  He may live to regret mutilating himself in that way - an act which cannot be supported by Islam - yet he'll have to hang onto his current ideas in order to justify it in the future.  Very nasty.

So far as I can glean his family and community have cheered him on. Possibly it was a pragmatic response though - had he not done it a lynching may well have followed.

"Faith" eh - doncha love it?

God

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2016, 11:39:17 PM »
Yes Matty, somebody pointed out your spelling mistake, like you did to a person yesterday. Too funny you.