Author Topic: Condemn or Approve?  (Read 17659 times)

The god of the Bible carries out acts of genocide and approves of killing homosexuals, people who have sex outside of marriage as well as people who practice freedom of religion

Do you condemn the Bible god's  actions?
9 (81.8%)
Do you approve of the Bible god's actions?
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Condemn or Approve?  (Read 17659 times)

Rhiannon

Re: Condemn or Approve?
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2016, 03:09:00 PM »
I doubt it too but then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either. Bless you, but you're just not very bright and Shaker is a poor excuse for a human being, so what either of you think (if indeed you do think) is neither here nor there.

This from an anti-Semitic misogynistic homophobe.

ad_orientem

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 03:15:31 PM »
This from an anti-Semitic misogynistic homophobe.

Wrong on all three, now piss off!
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Rhiannon

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2016, 03:20:55 PM »

You might want to work on your debating skills there, ad-o.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »
When I was a Christian I was a universalist (small u in my case) as it was the only thing that squared with a loving god. But then that brought into question - why the cross, and the only answer that made sense for me was that a Jewish rebel was put to death by the Romans. And without a meaningful explanation for the Crucifixion Christianity loses its meaning and I lost my faith. 

What puzzles me is why you think non-believers will be judged differently to believers. For non-belief or for their behaviour?

They will be judged on what they know and their behaviour.  God will meet all of us where we are. The Bible says that God will judge righteously and, from memory, Paul says something along the lines that those who do not know ''the law'' cannot be judged in the same way as those who do.

I think 'universalist' with a small 'u' is a fair description of my beliefs, I was always deeply disturbed by some Christians - and churches - because of their attitude to non-Christians.  After many years of searching and agonising, I truly believe that the Lord has given me peace about this. 
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Owlswing

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »

You might want to work on your debating skills there, ad-o.

What debating skills - he gets pushed into a coener and he has only two replies - Piss Off or Fuck Off!

You got the first and I the second!

We are brother a sister in adversity against anti-Semetism, misogyny, homophobia and ulta-OrthodoxChristianity!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »
What it is is atheists and pagans destroying every thread on this board. There hasn't been a decent thread on this board for years.
And yet you still post here.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »

Great post Ad O. Soon this thread will be a shining example.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

ad_orientem

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2016, 03:57:29 PM »
Great post Ad O. Soon this thread will be a shining example.

As I said, there hasn't been anything of quality on this forum for years.

Owlswing

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »
As I said, there hasn't been anything of quality on this forum for years.

That includes, and may well be because of, you!

P S  - I know, I know - I can fuck off! (saves you having to type it - you might misspell it)
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

ad_orientem

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2016, 04:05:29 PM »
What debating skills - he gets pushed into a coener and he has only two replies - Piss Off or Fuck Off!

You got the first and I the second!

We are brother a sister in adversity against anti-Semetism, misogyny, homophobia and ulta-OrthodoxChristianity!

Swearing is my frustration at this forum. I have gone into this before. There are hundreds of threads with different titles here but ultimately only one topic because they all get diverted by the usual suspects. It really is just a load of old pony. There's no point to it at all. Force of habit is the only thing that brings me here. What could I do to get banned?

ad_orientem

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2016, 04:06:17 PM »
That includes, and may well be because of, you!

P S  - I know, I know - I can fuck off! (saves you having to type it - you might misspell it)

Or you. You are one of the thread derailers.

Owlswing

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »
Swearing is my frustration at this forum. I have gone into this before. There are hundreds of threads with different titles here but ultimately only one topic because they all get diverted by the usual suspects. It really is just a load of old pony. There's no point to it at all. Force of habit is the only thing that brings me here. What could I do to get banned?

Fuck the Virgin Mary?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2016, 04:08:54 PM »
So.

Why.

Are.

You.

Still.

Here?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see you go, you represent a worthy foe, but if you hate it so much, why hang around?

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2016, 04:11:38 PM »
This is all so exciting! Wish I could join in the BS but the geranium seedling need potting up and there is a bit of lint in my belly button that needs to be picked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO8gAvl59Kw

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2016, 04:13:17 PM »
What it is is atheists and pagans destroying every thread on this board. There hasn't been a decent thread on this board for years.

There are plenty of good threads and if you are not interested in one you don't have to respond, none of us do.  You can find one that's up your street, start one of your own or have a break.  Any of those alternatives is surely better than having a slanging match with people you don't really know.  You wouldn't be telling your colleagues or neighbours where to go.

ad_orientem

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
So.

Why.

Are.

You.

Still.

Here?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see you go, you represent a worthy foe, but if you hate it so much, why hang around?

Force of habit and a hope (a fool's hope, no doubt) that this forum might actually change.

ad_orientem

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »
There are plenty of good threads and if you are not interested in one you don't have to respond, none of us do.  You can find one that's up your street, start one of your own or have a break.  Any of those alternatives is surely better than having a slanging match with people you don't really know.  You wouldn't be telling your colleagues or neighbours where to go.

I've tried starting threads of my own but they always end up getting derailed by the usual suspects as well.

floo

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2016, 04:18:25 PM »
I've tried starting threads of my own but they always end up getting derailed by the usual suspects as well.

According to your profile you are only 40, so don't you have a job?

ad_orientem

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »
According to your profile you are only 40, so don't you have a job?

Aye, I do. Some of us have to work for a living.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2016, 04:20:43 PM »
A straw-man argument is all about deliberately mis-representing someone's position in order to make them look weak.

I'm trying to find out believers positions. 

What I'm getting from them are metaphorical somersaults and backflips.  Anything but answer the question.
And all you have done, Khat, is select specific actions that from a 21st century Western outlook seem questionable but which in the context of the historical era the material records would have been normal, wherever they had occurred.  A priceless piece of misrepresentation on your behalf - hence Humph's reference to a straw man.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

floo

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2016, 04:22:41 PM »
Aye, I do. Some of us have to work for a living.

So unless you are self employed how come you can spend so much time on this forum?

ad_orientem

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »
So unless you are self employed how come you can spend so much time on this forum?

Because most of my work involves sitting in front of a computer. And yes, my boss knows. Using the internet is a privilege we have on the condition we do our work properly.

floo

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2016, 04:34:58 PM »
Because most of my work involves sitting in front of a computer. And yes, my boss knows. Using the internet is a privilege we have on the condition we do our work properly.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2016, 04:36:09 PM »
Perhaps he has a job where his superiors don't check up on his computer actiivity floo.  Or he could do shift work and cannot sleep during the day.  Edit:  I see ad-o has replied to you while I was typing this so now we know.

ad-o, try and work out why the threads you started were derailed - do you lay down the law, are you inflexible, self-righteous, condemnatory?   Plenty of posters disagree with eachother's pov but remain civil, cordial even.

ad_orientem

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I know your views on this and I'm glad you're not anyone's boss. Most bosses, however, aren't slave drivers.