Author Topic: Christian Traditions (posts split from Pagan Board)  (Read 13571 times)

Gordon

• Administrator
Re: Christian Traditions (posts split from Pagan Board)
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2016, 10:27:17 AM »
Sorry, I'd forgotten that you don't believe that documentation should be regarded as evidence, BR.

Another fallacy there Hope: who here has claimed that documentation can't be evidence?

Documentation is certainly evidence that something has been documented but it isn't necessarily evidence that the claims as documented are a true and accurate record of events or circumstances, and especially so where there may be bias involved given the attendant risks of mistakes or lies.

For example, it is know that what was documented by some police officers involved in the Hillsborough disaster wasn't accurate and involved both mistakes and lies. So I'll ask again, without much expectation of a sensible answer, how have you excluded the risks of mistakes or lies in the NT documentation?

Shaker

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »
So I'll ask again, without much expectation of a sensible answer
You're catching on, Gordon  ;D
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

BeRational

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2016, 10:53:31 AM »
You're catching on, Gordon  ;D

I suspect we know the answer is that he CANNOT rule out mistakes or lies. He just likes to assume they are true.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

Owlswing

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »

Which is another way the two differ; as you say 'our deites work via the witch' whereas the Christian deity works through his disciples - cutting out the middleman/woman.

Of course the real difference is that witches don't claim to be supernatural beings.

Nor do Christians.

The subject under discussion in the above quotes was "miracles" not "prayer".

The miracles were performed by what Christians refer to as a supernatural being - Christ.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!