Author Topic: Why do Christians pray to their god?  (Read 25970 times)

floo

Re: Why do Christians pray to their god?
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2016, 11:48:52 AM »
God needs a new battery in its hearing aid as it seems deaf to many prayers!

Khatru

« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2016, 02:48:46 PM »
No! Khatru,

Why do you want to try and riddle out of the fact you got it all wrong?
Why not just admit you could not think of it, to include the actual power of prayer
or what the bible teaches about it.

You see believers do not have to go anywhere.
Prayers/Petitions can be said/made anywhere.
God is everywhere... in all places at all times.

You are limited by your own understanding and lack of knowledge.
But believers are not limited nor are the imprisoned by the world and it's ways.
Our God hears us wherever we are...
To pray for healing requires NO ambulance journey, no temple or Church.
It requires only a prayer to the God who is right there where we are.

And as I said ATHEISTS need their ambulance because they would not go to a Church or ask or believe in prayer.

You spoke in haste from the purely human side of your understanding. That is what you do but to try and fit it in with the Christian understanding is impossible. Light and Darkness do not mix they exist individually but never in the same place.

I get it, Sass

You ignore points I made and refuse to answer the specific questions I asked.

I've said this before with you and I'll say it again.

Your failure to refute me is noted - I accept it as your tacit acceptance that prayer does not work.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2016, 05:32:41 PM »
I've just re-read the thread, albeit fairly quickly, and would like to ask Khatru why he talks or talked to his father, or to his friends - or even to his line manager.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

ippy

« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2016, 06:05:22 PM »
Sass just like Hope I've had a quick read and though; wouldn't it make the most sense to get some kind of emergency aid, like call an ambulance, see a doctor, try to do something yourself to help if there's no one about but you must face reality and do the more sensible things first if anyone needs some form of medical aid and then after you've done that lot, feel free to pray as much as you like Sass

You could also sacrifice a lamb, stand on one leg for 24 hours, spend time quoting Proust, all of these things added together are just a likely to assist the person in trouble equally as much as you think prayer would.

ippy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:22:00 PM by ippy »

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2016, 06:31:50 PM »
Prayer doesn't require any particular posture. It doesn't even need the eyes closed. There's no reason why Sass or anyone else shouldn't be able to pray, should they wish to, when walking, or driving, or doing the dishes. I find prayer very useful when I'm in certain drivers' passenger seats.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Khatru

« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2016, 09:31:54 PM »
I've just re-read the thread, albeit fairly quickly, and would like to ask Khatru why he talks or talked to his father, or to his friends - or even to his line manager.

Probably for 1001 different reasons, none of which included a request from me for the laws of physics to be suspended.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker