Author Topic: Trust those 'Aha' moments.  (Read 6172 times)

bluehillside Retd.

Re: Trust those 'Aha' moments.
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »
Sriram,

Yes...Moses probably had quite a few 'Aha' moments when he was wandering in the desert. He probably realized that the real power and wisdom was inside him....and then managed to tap it.....and came up with the Ten Commandments.  The 'I AM'.

I don't know about the Christian God.....but we do have access to significant knowledge, strength and love deep within us.  This Consciousness is also what connects all of us and the entire ecological system together. According to Hindu beliefs this is the true God.

That's nice for you. Are you now on board though with the fact that an "aha moment" is worthless until you test it using a "methodical analysis" as you put it in the OP?
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2016, 10:22:33 PM »
Not sure what the point of testing it would be BH ... if you found it was wrong it could not have been a real Aha moment. If it was right ...then it was ... so well done for recognising it.

It all goes to show that if you get things right then you are the kind of person that gets things right, but, if you don't, then you are the sort that gets things wrong. Some difficult people get things right sometimes, wrong at other times...if they only listened to their intuition they would know if they were wrong or right before they started.

Don't worry though .. I had an Aha moment and now know I'm one of them.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2016, 10:59:10 PM »
Well, I had an 'aha moment' this evening (if this counts!).

Today, I was minding my wee granddaughter. On the journey home, once off the motorway, I have a choice of two routes to reach our house. One is more scenic, and at that time of the evening, around 6:30pm, although the traffic is still heavy there are not so many lights to get through as the other route. This is my favourite route.

The second route, re mileage, is shorter but with more lights and eventually a 10 mile, single-track windy road. Not so keen on this route.

Every time, it's the same sequence of events: I approach the motorway slip-road; try to weigh up the situation in both lanes; then make a decision. This evening I decided on route two, simply because I was a little weary and thought I'll gamble with the lights and hopefully be home in not too long a time.

Off the slip-road I came straight into a line of stationary traffic. I thought, auch weil, ya cannee always get it right. But.... further along the journey, lights all on green (strange how the lights can do that, and sometimes, on and on). No backed-up traffic at any roundabouts..... and home in a very reasonable time. Yeah, one of those rare moments!
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2016, 11:00:55 PM »
So an aha moment is just a choice?

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2016, 11:10:11 PM »
You're right, Nearly, it's not a choice.

But, at the time, half of me wanted to take my favourite route but although I didn't really want to take the second route, I was feeling 'pulled' in that direction. So.... maybe it counts?
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2016, 11:24:55 PM »
You're right, Nearly, it's not a choice.

But, at the time, half of me wanted to take my favourite route but although I didn't really want to take the second route, I was feeling 'pulled' in that direction. So.... maybe it counts?
Choice is a dark child that haunts the row of kings

Leonard James

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2016, 08:09:45 AM »
Choice is a dark child that haunts the row of kings

What a lovely sounding phrase! What does it mean?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2016, 08:14:15 AM »
What a lovely sounding phrase! What does it mean?

It's just something that came to mind. If anything I'm  noting that the very question of choice   is behind many many threads on here.

Leonard James

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2016, 08:17:14 AM »
It's just something that came to mind. If anything I'm  noting that the very question of choice   is behind many many threads on here.

Yes, our ability to choose seems non-existent to some people.

ippy

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2016, 01:33:35 PM »
I have had several 'Aha' moments lately. We have been moving several items of furniture etc around the house, and the places I thought they would look good, appear to have worked. :)

Floo, my mind screams when my wife starts on one of her 'aha' let's rearrange the furniture modes, I smile and just do it because I'm very well trained, but it drives me barmy, even more barmy than usual.

I think 'women moving furniture' is a part of that book on how to understand women, you know, the one that takes a substantial fork lift truck to lift volume one. 

ippy

Leonard James

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2016, 01:42:50 PM »
Floo, my mind screams when my wife starts on one of her 'aha' let's rearrange the furniture modes, I smile and just do it because I'm very well trained, but it drives me barmy, even more barmy than usual.

I think 'women moving furniture' is a part of that book on how to understand women, you know, the one that takes a substantial fork lift truck to lift volume one. 

ippy

Hugh does it, too ... but not with furniture, with ornaments, of which he has more than your average gift shop. I am constantly in trouble for not noticing the "new arrangement".  >:(

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 02:16:19 PM »
Hugh does it, too ... but not with furniture, with ornaments, of which he has more than your average gift shop. I am constantly in trouble for not noticing the "new arrangement".  >:(

I hope it's not 'Annie Wilkes' style ornament-trouble Len?  :o
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Leonard James

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 03:29:30 PM »
I hope it's not 'Annie Wilkes' style ornament-trouble Len?  :o

Blimey Seb, I had never heard of the woman until now, and after googling her I wish I hadn't!  :(

Nah, Hugh's ornaments are conventional ones ... clocks, Christmas themes, Hallowe'en, animals and birds etc. All are collected from trips to the car boot sale  ...  we have one in Polop which is quite famous for its size and variety. Hundreds of people attend every Sunday morning, and the stuff you can find there is quite amazing.

Needless to say, I keep well away from it.  :)

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
Blimey Seb, I had never heard of the woman until now, and after googling her I wish I hadn't!  :(

Nah, Hugh's ornaments are conventional ones ... clocks, Christmas themes, Hallowe'en, animals and birds etc.

Birds? oh no Len, please tell me he doesn't have a ceramic penguin?  :o :o :o :o :o

If he does,you had better watch this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E55ni_xc4ww

...then run -  run while you still can.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

floo

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2016, 03:49:25 PM »

ippy

When I am in furniture moving mode it is down to me to shift the stuff, I have muscles like Popeye in consequence! ;D

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2016, 03:54:04 PM »
Moving furniture is marvellous as is 'getting rid of stuff' (as long as we choose what to get rid of) and changing the curtains.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

ippy

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2016, 06:36:18 PM »

The correct responce is yes darling it looks much better there, that sort of answer, I find, helps to extend life expctancy a little.

ippy

ippy

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »
When I am in furniture moving mode it is down to me to shift the stuff, I have muscles like Popeye in consequence! ;D

It's not the moving Floo, it's the why? If we're comfortable as things are, why move them?

Ippy

Leonard James

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2016, 07:19:35 PM »
Birds? oh no Len, please tell me he doesn't have a ceramic penguin?  :o :o :o :o :o

If he does,you had better watch this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E55ni_xc4ww

...then run -  run while you still can.

Oh shit man! Don't give me any more of those things! Made me feel sick. If that's "entertainment" the world is lost.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2016, 11:42:05 PM »
Oh shit man! Don't give me any more of those things! Made me feel sick. If that's "entertainment" the world is lost.
She won an Oscar for that part.
Great film.

But if you really want scary then watch this.......

Www.onlykidding  ;)
Albert Einstein

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2016, 05:37:47 AM »

Hi everyone,

These Aha moments are not just during decision making times. They could also give us many new insights and ideas that we have not thought of before. Right from Einstein's and Newton's ideas to all our sudden insights ......they are all Aha moments that come in from the Unconscious.

Civilization has progressed so much from the stone age....only because of these sudden Aha moments. Most of such ideas and impulses do not need to be 'understood' by the logical mind. They are those moments that make living so unpredictable and diverse.  We just live those moments without necessarily making any logical sense of it.

In the case of philosophical or scientific ideas.....these sudden insights are like seeds that get planted and which germinate by and by.  The rational mind thereafter consolidates these ideas and formulates them in line with our sequential logical understanding.

Cheers.

Sriram

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:28:04 AM by Sriram »