Author Topic: Preacher Larvae  (Read 2954 times)

Khatru

Preacher Larvae
« on: March 09, 2016, 08:48:04 AM »
I accept no responsibility if this makes you feel sick...

http://youtu.be/At9Ujm7RqU8

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
Re: Preacher Larvae
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »

So, you post something that you suspect will make peope feel sick - yet don't take responsibility for posting it.  Sounds rational. ;)
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Shaker

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »
The responsibility for copying, pasting and opening the link doesn't lie with Khatru, does it now?
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:22:05 AM »
The responsibility for copying, pasting and opening the link doesn't lie with Khatru, does it now?
But the responsibility for bringing the item to our attention does.  If it is as sick-making as he seems to suggest, that is quite a responsibility.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Bubbles

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »

It's interesting how children see adults as behaving. ( hysterically)!

They are just copying how they see adults behaving, except the last one who appears to be outside an abortion clinic.

Shaker

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
But the responsibility for bringing the item to our attention does.  If it is as sick-making as he seems to suggest, that is quite a responsibility.
No - it's not brought to anybody's attention if they don't open the link. Like, duh.

Very often there are things on TV - films; dramas; documentaries and so forth - which are prefaced by the announcer saying: "The following programme contains strong language/scenes of violence/scenes of a sexual nature/sexual violence/scenes that some viewers may find disturbing." Suitably forewarned, viewers likely to be bothered by such things can bail out at that point. That's taking responsibility. If having heard the warning they stay, they have no grounds for complaint because they chose to view the material - that's called taking responsibility too.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:45:04 AM by Shaker »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Rhiannon

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 09:43:01 AM »
So, you post something that you suspect will make peope feel sick - yet don't take responsibility for posting it.  Sounds rational. ;)

He's warned us. Presumably you take responsibility for listening and opening the link or not?

Bubbles

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 09:53:49 AM »
Well IMO it wouldn't have hurt to explain a bit more, although the clue is in the OP title.

Different things make different people sick.

Plus if you tweek everyone's curiosity ............

Well I just had to look  ;)

Khatru

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 09:54:39 AM »
Sorry, folks.

That was some pretty bad, nausea-inducing footage.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

john

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 10:03:52 AM »
Could have done with better captions, couldn't make out which one was Hopey!!!!
"Try again. Fail again. Fail Better". Samuel Beckett

Bubbles

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »
Some people have the same reaction to toddler beauty pageants.

There is a link between the OP and child beauty contests  , children are being asked to act on a stage, dressed and behaving  like an adult.

The op is no different IMO. A lot of the children are dressed as adults and acting the part.

It's just there is no makeup and some are boys.

Essentially it's the same though, IMO.

It's just it involves religion, which some are prejudiced against.

But it's all about a child taking an adult part and prancing about on a stage.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:21:46 AM by Rose »

floo

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 10:34:36 AM »
Whoops I will rephrase that. A child must not be encouraged to imitate an adult who is behaving in a reprehensible manner.

Bubbles

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 10:40:18 AM »
Whoops I will rephrase that. A child must not be encouraged to imitate an adult who is behaving in a reprehensible manner.

Unfortunately a lot of adults don't even see it.

I wonder if all that attention in that way is damaging, I suppose it comes down to how much stress it causes the children.

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 02:48:00 PM »
I take no responsibility for Khatru's need to try and shock us with the behaviour of people he doesn't know.
I do hold him responsible for posting that link and trying to come off as all innocent. This is his reason for being here. A relentless campaign of attacking God, the Bible, Christians and their faith. Some say atheism is nothing but not believing in God or gods. Not true, Khatru's atheism is what drives him to be on the constant attack. It doesn't drive all atheists to do so of course.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 02:56:28 PM »
I couldn't resist a peak.  Am I the only one to think it is hilarious?  Kids impersonating (taking the mick out of) adults.  Marvellous.   I've never actually witnessed preachers like that but a few times have seen them on TV - and heard them on radio.  Not my thing and I have no objection to anyone doing an impersonation of any of them.  The children were great little actors!
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »
Unfortunately Khatru feels the need to play this game. And it is just a game.

Sickening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUJKp7lQW-k

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »
OMW, we don't have anyone who carries on like that here, religious or non-religious.  If there is even a hint of anyone doing that in public, everybody else shies away and thinks he/she is deranged or maybe dangerous. It seems that much of the population of the USA is religious and political.  We English aren't, religion is hardly ever mentioned, politics only when an election is coming up and neither at the table.  It's just not done.

I thought this was quite funny, though not an impersonation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKmPiTZLd3I

Floo, I don't agree with you about kids acting/impersonating adults who behave in a reprehensible manner unless it is violent or highly sexual.  What they did was plain funny - and it was an act, just as the preachers act in front of a congregation. 

Give me a quiet minister any day and one who is not too longwinded.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 10:28:19 PM »

Thanks for the warning. I won't be opening it.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Leonard James

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 08:22:43 AM »
Thanks for the warning. I won't be opening it.

Very wise of you! It's just a video of a load of brainwashed kids making fools of themselves.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 11:54:20 AM »
They weren't brainwashed Len, they were taking the p...s!  Brainwashed kids would have considered it disrespectful to ape their elders, and they would have been quiet, shy and rather clone-like.  These kids were funny actors (not entirely sure about the couple of babies but we've all seen tiny ones singing and doing nursery rhymes so I suppose it was no different), very clever I think.
Let's not take it too seriously.

Leonard James

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 12:36:41 PM »
They weren't brainwashed Len, they were taking the p...s! 

Really? They were all just acting the goat? I find that hard to believe, but if you say so.  :-[

ippy

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
It's just a typical Americana way of behaving, similar to those three year old beauty contests.

I don't know why but a significant amount of Americans like to see and hear precocious children performing, it's not that long ago, the nineteenth century, we had well attended open days at mental hospitals where the visitors could go and gawk at the poor unfortunate inmates, why?   

It brings to my mind that first stone saying.     

ippy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:35:51 PM by ippy »

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »
Do you mean the John 8:7 verse about not casting the first stone?  Or do you mean the Rolling Stones  :D.

I agree with you about the tendancy in the USA for promoting exhibitionism in children and even babies.  We don't have that here (at least not officially, there is bound to be the odd parent).  It's OK for kids to perform in school stuff, local festivals and, if they have the talent, to be in 'nice' dramas, eg (showing my age) ''The Railway Children'', various Dickens stuff and the Harry Potter films.

At school sometimes kids put on a skit where they impersonate teachers which is usually quite funny but no church-going parents would let them caricature their priests or ministers, it would be considered disrespectful. Kids wouldn't do it anyway - but we don't have a lot of ranting preachers here.

So I still believe the youngsters in the video were mick taking.  Great fun!

ippy

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 08:26:01 PM »
Do you mean the John 8:7 verse about not casting the first stone?  Or do you mean the Rolling Stones  :D.

I agree with you about the tendancy in the USA for promoting exhibitionism in children and even babies.  We don't have that here (at least not officially, there is bound to be the odd parent).  It's OK for kids to perform in school stuff, local festivals and, if they have the talent, to be in 'nice' dramas, eg (showing my age) ''The Railway Children'', various Dickens stuff and the Harry Potter films.

At school sometimes kids put on a skit where they impersonate teachers which is usually quite funny but no church-going parents would let them caricature their priests or ministers, it would be considered disrespectful. Kids wouldn't do it anyway - but we don't have a lot of ranting preachers here.

So I still believe the youngsters in the video were mick taking.  Great fun!

Casting the first one, from your workshop manual as you indicate.

I have an aversion to young children being influenced by religious goings on as well as unionism or quite a few other isms, before the young children have acquired the ability to challenge, which of course varies but is usually around the age of seven.

I found the film clips depressing and it saddens me as much as would any intentional or otherwise kind of indoctrination of children, very young children are exposed to, other than indoctrinating the young ones to think for themselves and always question the claims of others.

I think there's a considerable difference between a bit of fun taking off the teachers mannerisms and that film of  very young children demonstrating a lot of knowledge gained by an unhealthy amount of exposure to the type people they are imitating.

I am aware that indoctrination only works on a percentage basis, but the point is it shouldn't be there in the first place, like where you mention "church going parents would let them caricature their priests or ministers, it would be considered disrespectful. Kids wouldn't do it anyway - but we don't have a lot of ranting preachers here". these people shouldn't figure in the education of the young, they shouldn't be there in the first place.

The preachers you talk of wouldn't want to rant in front of the potential young candidates they would want it to look as normal it can be to have some friendly religious men or women hanging around, that would be a part of, hopefully on their part, not overtly promoting their beliefs, but more in the hope of gaining some new recruits by gentle and slow exposure, to draw them in carefully, not mentioning god to often at this stage, this behaviour on the part of religionists is the part that sickens me more than that unpleasant film.

I can appreciate this lot sounds heavy because of the amount of writing needed to convey this line of thought, that when spoken face to face  barely seems to be more than a few short sentences worth of a conversation.

ippy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:44:23 AM by ippy »

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 08:38:04 PM »
I found your reply very interesting ippy.  I suppose it is difficult for me to take this seriously because I cannot imagine anyone preaching like that in the UK, especially not in front of children.  Of course I could be wrong about that, a lot goes on that is hidden from most of us.

You said: ''I have an aversion to young children being influenced by religious goings on as well as unionism or quite a few other isms, before the young children have acquired the ability to challenge, which of course varies but is usually around the age of seven.''

Agree with that.