Author Topic: Small hands mean.......  (Read 870 times)

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
Small hands mean.......
« on: March 09, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »
Hi everyone,

Here is a CNN article about Trump's small hands and the related implication about ..'other parts' being small.

http://us.cnn.com/2016/03/08/health/trump-small-hands-penis/index.html

Republican candidate Marco Rubio wandered into a recent debate perhaps more fitting for the playground than a political battleground when he criticized the size of Donald Trump's hands. The Republican front runner, now famously, struck back in the debate reassuring voters that there was "no problem" with the size of his hands, or anything else for that matter.

The candidates were playing off an age-old assumption that if a man's hands were small so must be the size of his penis. The source of Rubio's comment refers back to a 1988 Spy magazine article that called Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian," perhaps insulting both his tongue and his manhood.

As a medical story, this is low-hanging fruit, so to speak, but given the pervasiveness of the myth (or reality), we decided to investigate what the science says on the matter.

If a man's ring finger is longer relative to his index finger, chances are his penis is slightly longer than average. By "slightly" we mean a difference of centimeters, in a game normally scored by inches.

Are you wondering why in the world scientists would study this phenomenon? Scientists want to know more about reproductive development in general. And urologists also say it's common for young male patients to come to them concerned about their penis size. Knowing the average length of a penis and about penis development in general can help reassure patients.

Cheers.

Sriram

Brownie

• Faith evolves
Re: Small hands mean.......
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »
I have it on good authority that the belief that the size of men's hands or feet corresponds to the size of other parts is poppy-cock.

A woman attracted to a chap's size 9 hands and 11+ feet may be in for a small surprise.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

wigginhall

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 04:11:07 PM »
Reminds me of part of the off-side rule: 'is the player making himself bigger with his hands?'   Well, most men do from time to time.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 03:40:33 AM »
....small gloves?   :-\
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 07:31:12 AM »
Small hands means a possible career in tailoring?

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 05:40:34 PM »
I saw Donald Trump on TV late last night/early hours this morning, in "Celebrity Apprentice USA", and didn't notice his hands were especially small.  I felt a bit embarrassed that it was on my mind actually  :-[ :D, but he looked quite average to my untrained eye.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us