Author Topic: World’s First Law for 'Death on Demand' Euthanasia  (Read 3844 times)

Bubbles

Re: World’s First Law for 'Death on Demand' Euthanasia
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 01:42:39 PM »

Today, his unnamed mother confirmed Mr Verhelst's comments, made in an interview just before his death, that he had been an unwanted child and admitted she had not yet read his letter to her explaining why he asked to die.
"When I saw 'Nancy' for the first time, my dream was shattered. She was so ugly. I had a phantom birth. Her death does not bother me," she told Het Laatste Nieuws newspaper.
"I will definitely read it but it will be full of lies. For me, this chapter is closed. Her death does not bother me. I feel no sorrow, no doubt or remorse. We never had a bond."
After a life of being rejected by his parents as a daughter, Mr Verhelst had hormone therapy in 2009, followed by a mastectomy and unsuccessful surgery to construct a penis in 2012.
Related Articles

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/10349159/Mother-of-sex-change-Belgian-I-dont-care-about-his-euthanasia-death.html

So cold!

she ignored her child because she wasn't a boy.

She became a boy........ The family still rejected her.

That is so sad

No wonder they were so unhappy, and then instead of trying to help they just killed him/her ........... And the mother walked away with no responsibility.......

???
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:04:43 PM by Rose »

Bubbles

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »

"I was the girl that nobody wanted," Mr Verhelst told Het Laatste Nieuws newspaper in the hours before her death.
"While my brothers were celebrated, I got a storage room above the garage as a bedroom. 'If only you had been a boy', my mother complained. I was tolerated, nothing more."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/10346616/Belgian-killed-by-euthanasia-after-a-botched-sex-change-operation.html

:(

Bubbles

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »
Wartime, Adolf Hitler suggested, "was the best time for the elimination of the incurably ill."

https://www.ushmm.org/outreach/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007683

Euthanasia – the ‘mercy killing’ of disabled people in Germany

The Hartheim Institute - one of the hospitals where the Euthanasia Programme was carried out, USHMM #76511.
At the beginning of World War II the Nazi regime began killing individuals with physical disabilities, people who were mentally retarded, and the terminally ill. The killings were called ‘euthanasia’, i.e. ‘mercy killings’.

According to the Nazi policy of racial hygiene, people with physical and me

http://www.holocaust-education.dk/baggrund/eutanasi.asp

That was also known as mercy killings.

After Hitler had received a letter from the father of a handicapped child, whom the father wished to be put to death as a mercy killing, the Fuehrer approved the Euthanasia Programme. The idea of the Programme was to “remove” the seriously disabled on a national basis.

It's too similar IMO.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:00:14 PM by Rose »

Bubbles

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
I'm not alone in my thoughts on this

Killing Babies, Compassionately:
The Netherlands follows in Germany's footsteps.
Wesley J. Smith
Weekly Standard
March 27, 2006
Print ArticleOriginal Article

At last a high government official in Europe got up the nerve to chastise the Dutch government for preparing to legalize infant euthanasia. Italy's Parliamentary Affairs minister, Carlo Giovanardi, said during a radio debate: "Nazi legislation and Hitler's ideas are reemerging in Europe via Dutch euthanasia laws and the debate on how to kill ill children."

Unsurprisingly, the Dutch, ever prickly about international criticism of their peculiar institution, were outraged. Giovanardi's critique cut so deeply that even Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende felt the need to respond, sniffing, "This [Giovanardi's assertion] is scandalous and unacceptable. This is not the way to get along in Europe."

As is often the case in the New Europe, what is said matters more than what is done. Thus, the prime minister of the Netherlands thinks that killing babies because they are born with terminal or seriously disabling conditions is not a scandal, but daring to point out accurately that German doctors did the same during World War II, is.

That being noted, one wishes Giovanardi had thought twice before raising the Nazi specter. Partly, this is because nothing we are talking about today matches the scope or magnitude of Nazi crimes. As a result, accusing people of Nazi-like behavior allows those amply deserving of moral condemnation to deflect reproaches. Thus, Giovanardi says that killing disabled babies is what the Nazis did, and the Dutch merely retort (correctly) that they are not Nazis.

Still, the "Nazi" analogy is worth exploring, precisely because it is unequivocally true that German doctors did kill thousands of disabled babies, for which a few such physicians were hanged at Nuremberg. Dutch apologists know this, of course. But they claim that the Netherlands' infant euthanasia program is substantially different: Dutch doctors are motivated by compassion whereas the Germans' were motivated by the bigotry of racial hygiene. Of course it is the act of killing disabled and dying babies that is wrong, not the motivation. But even leaving that aside, the Dutch defense is not as persuasive as Prime Minister Balkenende would like to believe.

http://www.discovery.org/a/3384

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 02:25:37 PM »
A very sad case.  I have occasionally wondered how many gender reassignment surgeries go wrong, when you think about the details of the surgery, mistakes are inevitable.  There are also cases where people wish they hadn't had it done afterwards.  No matter how strict the guidelines, the psychiatrists cannot ever be 100% certain that the patient knows they are making the right decision.  I feel very sorry for this person, it was heartbreaking to hear what he had said about it all.

As for the mother, it would have been better had she said nothing or  ''No comment''.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Bubbles

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 02:36:14 PM »
A very sad case.  I have occasionally wondered how many gender reassignment surgeries go wrong, when you think about the details of the surgery, mistakes are inevitable.  There are also cases where people wish they hadn't had it done afterwards.  No matter how strict the guidelines, the psychiatrists cannot ever be 100% certain that the patient knows they are making the right decision.  I feel very sorry for this person, it was heartbreaking to hear what he had said about it all.

As for the mother, it would have been better had she said nothing or  ''No comment''.

Yes, I agree.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 02:47:35 PM »
No.

I've posted on here before about the chap I knew with MND who drove his electric wheelchair into his garden pond whilst his wife was out. There's no easy answer, no, but I'm damned sure leaving people to do that isn't any kind of solution either.

No it isn't, it's horrific.  The only thing I can think about that is that at least no-one was employed to kill him, it was his decision and he did it. 

I do wonder about people who would euthanase people for a living in the same way as I am wary of anyone who would be prepared to execute a murderer in countries where capital punishment is legal.  After a while it must become routine.

MND patients can be cared for and given sufficient morphine in the later stages to relieve their distress, without the intention of euthanasing them.  More effort should be put into that type of care imo.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Rhiannon

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 03:28:51 PM »
No it isn't, it's horrific.  The only thing I can think about that is that at least no-one was employed to kill him, it was his decision and he did it. 

I do wonder about people who would euthanase people for a living in the same way as I am wary of anyone who would be prepared to execute a murderer in countries where capital punishment is legal.  After a while it must become routine.

MND patients can be cared for and given sufficient morphine in the later stages to relieve their distress, without the intention of euthanasing them.  More effort should be put into that type of care imo.

And if that's not what they want?