Author Topic: Woman arrested for pushing child.  (Read 4908 times)

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
Woman arrested for pushing child.
« on: March 27, 2016, 05:32:17 AM »

There ought to be a limit to nonsense.

Some woman just pushes a child gently to make him go forward ....and she is arrested?!  ::)

http://us.cnn.com/videos/justice/2016/03/26/teacher-arrested-knocking-over-child-orig-vstan-dlewis.cnn

Don't American police have more serious things to do.....like shooting unarmed teenagers?!

Sriram

Maeght

Re: Woman arrested for pushing child.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 08:24:19 AM »
A gentle push? I think you need to watch the video again Sriram.

floo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 08:30:53 AM »
It was hardly a gentle push, and appeared to be quite deliberate to me.

Bubbles

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 08:32:23 AM »
She probably didn't intend that he fall over, but he did, she had her hands full and she tried pushing him with her tummy, a bit too forcefully.

No it isn't the way a teacher should treat any child, and definately not a special needs child.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 01:21:35 AM »
She probably didn't intend that he fall over, but he did, she had her hands full and she tried pushing him with her tummy, a bit too forcefully.
She kneed him in the back hard enough to knock him over.

Did she have her mouth full also?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 07:47:44 AM »
Difficult to believe that a child pushed down by mistake is a crime deserving arrest. How many children must be falling down every day due to someone's minor mistake at home or in school or at play?!!!

Absolutely weird!

Rhiannon

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »
That doesn't look like an error to me, but intent.

floo

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 01:31:02 PM »
Difficult to believe that a child pushed down by mistake is a crime deserving arrest. How many children must be falling down every day due to someone's minor mistake at home or in school or at play?!!!

Absolutely weird!

It didn't look like a mistake, but a deliberate act to hurt the child.

Shaker

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 01:44:29 PM »
That doesn't look like an error to me, but intent.
The fact that she blatantly kneed the kid out of the way gives it away somewhat.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Rhiannon

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »
The fact that she blatantly kneed the kid out of the way gives it away somewhat.

Quite.

And it does beg the question whether this is the first and only time she's done such a thing.

Maeght

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »
She probably didn't intend the child to fall on its face but there was certainly an intent to barge him out of the way as far as I could see.

Enki

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »
There you are, Sriram. Most, if not all of the posters here, didn't just take your word for it, they looked at the evidence as presented on the video..and most  came to a totally different conclusion to you. I saw a lady seemingly deliberately and certainly not 'gently' push a small child with her left knee and thigh such that the child fell forward with some force. I have to ask if you actually looked at the video, or just looked at the still photo where it is not clear at all?
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

Rhiannon

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »
Or whether in Sriram's world this is acceptable, normal even.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 04:13:49 PM »
She probably didn't intend the child to fall on its face but there was certainly an intent to barge him out of the way as far as I could see.

Yeah....that's the point. She did not intend the kid to fall. She just pushed the kid to make him move forward because she was carrying something.....and the kid happened to fall forward. It can happen to anyone. 

Any of you could shoo your kids and their friends inside after play or outside to play by moving them along with your hands and any one of them could fall. Its a normal occurrence. I am sure all of you have done it sometime or the other. Most certainly not warranting an arrest. How ridiculous is that!!

enki....good point. All the people here saw the video and came to the wrong conclusion that the woman deserved to be arrested. Shows how minds work in certain like minded groups......more so if they feel social/peer pressure to react in certain ways......however ridiculous.  LOL!!

Unbelievable!! Ha Ha!!

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »
I also think that Sri has misrepresented the events that followed the events of the video.  The script that was superimposed indicated that she wasn't arrested but turned herself into the police.  In other words, she recognised that she had done something wrong (sinful) and needed to accept responsibility.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »
I also think that Sri has misrepresented the events that followed the events of the video.  The script that was superimposed indicated that she wasn't arrested but turned herself into the police.  In other words, she recognised that she had done something wrong (sinful) and needed to accept responsibility.

Well.....ok. In that case she is crazy. She should have picked up the kid.....rubbed him down....said sorry.... and told him to go along and play. Any normal person would do that.

Enki

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 11:11:55 PM »

Yeah....that's the point. She did not intend the kid to fall. She just pushed the kid to make him move forward because she was carrying something.....and the kid happened to fall forward. It can happen to anyone. 

Any of you could shoo your kids and their friends inside after play or outside to play by moving them along with your hands and any one of them could fall. Its a normal occurrence. I am sure all of you have done it sometime or the other. Most certainly not warranting an arrest. How ridiculous is that!!

enki....good point. All the people here saw the video and came to the wrong conclusion that the woman deserved to be arrested. Shows how minds work in certain like minded groups......more so if they feel social/peer pressure to react in certain ways......however ridiculous.  LOL!!

Unbelievable!! Ha Ha!!

I find it quite interesting that you think that everyone "came to the wrong conclusion that the woman deserved to be arrested". I certainly didn't say that, and, reading back, I can't say that others have actually said that. Some may think that, others may not, but until they tell you, you have no way of knowing.

No, I(and certain others) came to the conclusion independently that your idea that it was a gentle push was wrong, and that the cause of the fall was her violent push with her knee and thigh. Why do you have to justify to yourself in this instance that anyone who disagrees with you must, almost by necessity, be prey to social/peer pressure rather than coming to their own conclusions? Or, if that is true, then it must  be true for you, also.

I just take it that you and I disagree on this.  C'est la vie. :) 
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 01:07:33 AM »

Unbelievable!! Ha Ha!!

Arse.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 01:13:17 AM »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 01:18:35 AM »

In that same situation, most adults would tell the child to get out of the way with their voice, not their knee. That's why I asked was her mouth full also.

enki....good point. All the people here saw the video and came to the wrong conclusion that the woman deserved to be arrested.

She assaulted another person.

If you had bothered to watch the video, you'd see that she immediately realised that she shouldn't have done what she did, then, as Hope points out, she fessed up and turned herself in to the police.

Even she disagrees with you.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 01:25:47 AM »
In that same situation, most adults would tell the child to get out of the way with their voice, not their knee. That's why I asked was her mouth full also.

She assaulted another person.

If you had bothered to watch the video, you'd see that she immediately realised that she shouldn't have done what she did, then, as Hope points out, she fessed up and turned herself in to the police.

Even she disagrees with you.

She probably is not as evolved as Sriram and doesn't realise that kneeing a child in the back is perfectly Ok, if they have learning difficulties, because after all it's just the way the world works
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:38:39 AM by Nearly Sane »

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 05:10:15 AM »
I don't know if this is just a group effort at opposing anything I say ...or whether you people are plain weird. Probably a bit of both.

There is apparently a move towards creating a synthetic, clinical, 'plastic', 'contamination free' kind of society.....devoid of any natural wisdom and spontaneity.....and run entirely by courts and police.  A 'ego heaven' of sorts.  :D  Doomed to fail.....I am afraid.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 05:38:20 AM »
I don't know if this is just a group effort at opposing anything I say ...or whether you people are plain weird. Probably a bit of both.

There is apparently a move towards creating a synthetic, clinical, 'plastic', 'contamination free' kind of society.....devoid of any natural wisdom and spontaneity.....and run entirely by courts and police.  A 'ego heaven' of sorts.  :D  Doomed to fail.....I am afraid.
Yep, and the woman turned herself in just to annoy you.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 06:01:56 AM »
Yep, and the woman turned herself in just to annoy you.

She has to be crazy. All that she should have done is to rub the kid down, give him a kiss on the cheeks and send him running. She turned herself in...shows how the society is moving. Nothing short of ridiculous!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 06:05:38 AM »
She has to be crazy. All that she should have done is to rub the kid down, give him a kiss on the cheeks and send him running. She turned herself in...shows how the society is moving. Nothing short of ridiculous!

Ah yes stopping adults committing violence on children, just dreadful.