Author Topic: After The Fall  (Read 60933 times)

Bubbles

Re: After The Fall
« Reply #450 on: April 26, 2016, 06:33:19 PM »
It was this new star in Coma that caused Hipparchus to draw up his catalogue of stars, which has been handed down by Ptolemy (150).

http://tinyurl.com/zfkxhz5
Err! NN

http://www.tinyurl.com

This thread is unreadable otherwise

Moderator: long url replaced.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:40:26 PM by Gordon »

Étienne d'Angleterre

« Reply #451 on: April 26, 2016, 06:37:56 PM »
No matter how old blood is, how battered, whatever it’s condition, it never dies. There are things called somatids in blood that are alive, and they belong to a distinct domain unknown to modern science and medicine.

Could I ask you to explain in simple terms what live blood is? Then we can determine if it ever dies.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #452 on: April 26, 2016, 06:57:42 PM »
The study of live blood comes under Darfield microscopy, an interesting branch of science  ???.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

newnature

« Reply #453 on: April 26, 2016, 06:58:24 PM »
Could I ask you to explain in simple terms what live blood is? Then we can determine if it ever dies.

Yet these somatids are in the blood. Somatids, a life form which is not bacterial, viral or fugal, but which instead belongs to a distinct domain unknown to modern science and medicine.
2 Timothy 2:15, approved where? At the Judgement Seat of the Savior. A workman worthy of God’s praise rightly dividing the word of truth.

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2016, 07:00:43 PM »
Yet these somatids are in the blood. Somatids, a life form which is not bacterial, viral or fugal, but which instead belongs to a distinct domain unknown to modern science and medicine.

That domain being your imagination, perhaps....?
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #455 on: April 26, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »

What are the views of modern-day haematologists on these somatids?

Étienne d'Angleterre

« Reply #456 on: April 26, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »
The study of live blood comes under Darfield microscopy, an interesting branch of science  ???.

But what are the properties blood has to have in order to be described as live? Once we know this we can determine if it can ever be said to be dead.

I will have a google though, so thank you.

Étienne d'Angleterre

« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »

see reply #456

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2016, 07:06:36 PM »

Ah but we are getting there nn, with the rise of Darkfield (or Dark Field) microscopy.  Best studied with Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor playing in the background.

2Corrie

• Not to us, O Lord, But to Your name give glory
« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:24 PM »
just googled somatids, I'll let you know when I've stopped laughing
"It is finished."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #460 on: April 26, 2016, 08:40:34 PM »
No matter how old blood is, how battered, whatever it’s condition, it never dies. There are things called somatids in blood that are alive, and they belong to a distinct domain unknown to modern science and medicine.
If somatids are alive and indestructible, shouldn't the whole Universe be made of them by now?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2016, 08:48:50 PM »
The somatid is an ultramicrosopic subcellular living and reproducing entity, which many scientists believe is the precursor of DNA and which may be the building block of all terrestrial life.  So, yes, Jeremy, could be.

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #462 on: April 27, 2016, 02:31:47 AM »
The somatid is an ultramicrosopic subcellular living and reproducing entity, which many scientists believe is the precursor of DNA and which may be the building block of all terrestrial life.  So, yes, Jeremy, could be.

Really? - "an ultramicrosopic [sic] subcellular living and reproducing entity!" - How many Scientists believe this?

Can you list them?

I can only find one and he is a pseudoscientist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/714-X
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:34:15 AM by Thrud the Barbarian »
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2016, 04:06:21 AM »
What are the views of modern-day haematologists on these somatids?

They call it Pseudo-Science, Gordon, so presumably the Pseudo-scientists particularly concerned with the blood ('Pseudo-haematics', not to be confused with ''Haematinics'') are, er, ''Pseudo-haematists. The modern-day haematologists are cautious about somatids.  Interesting isn't it?

Thrud  ;D

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #464 on: April 27, 2016, 08:42:44 AM »
What's the difference between a somatid and a bike?

They both have handlebars, except for the somatid.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »
Brownie,

Yay, you tell it like it is sister!

Oh, hang on a mo though - you're bang on except for the tiny detail that, well, these "somatids" of yours are entirely imaginary, a hoax, a chimera, a wiil-o'-the-wisp, a new age bullshit "like eveything happens for a reason maaaan" pile of steaming unicorn doo-doo.

Doubtless you'll be able to point us towards these "many scientists", their methodologies, their evidence, their peer-reviewed research papers, even their pictures on the front of reputable science journals for all I know in due course but, until then - fun as it may be just to make up this stuff with bad science - it's still flat out false.

Only speaking of "false", here's why it's not fun at all. If you look at the few rambling fruit loop tinfoil hat websites about these things some also casually throw in that by some mystical process unknown to medical science these imaginary somatids can diagnose and cure diseases that "traditional" medicine cannot. And sometimes people just as gullible as you and new who are ill actually believe that crap, and give up the medicine that could cure them in favour of this quackery.

And that ain't cool at all. Or fun.

You know what Ben Goldacre famously called "alternative" medicine that actually works?

Medicine.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:41:39 AM by bluehillside »
"Don't make me come down there."

God

horsethorn

• Anomalographer
    • "We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
Just trying to see where figures of speech are used in your myth story.

Well, it all begins back when Tyr was into cryptic crosswords, and noticed that Baldur's name was an anagram for 'u r bald'. This didn't please Odin, and they had a bit of a disagreement. However, the writers of the Prose Edda had an idea to calm them all down. They made this announcement...

Because of the Anagrams dispute it has been decided to devote the rest of this space to a page specially written for people who like figures of speech, for the not a few fans of litotes, and those with no small interest in meiosis, for the infinite millions of hyperbole-lovers, for those fond of hypallage, and the epithet's golden transfer, for those who fall willingly into the arms of the metaphor, those who give up the ghost, bury their heads in the sand and ride roughshod over the mixed metaphor, and even those of hyperbaton the friends.

It will be, too, for those who reprehend the malapropism; who love the wealth of metonymy; for all friends of rhetoric and syllepsis; and zeugmatists with smiling eyes and hearts. It will bring a large absence of unsatisfactory malevolence to periphrastic fans; a wig harm bello to spoonerists; and in no small measure a not less than splendid greeting to you circumlocutors.

The world adores prosopopeiasts, and the friendly faces of synechdotists, and can one not make those amorous of anacoluthon understand that if they are not satisfied by this, what is to happen to them?

It will attempt to really welcome all splitters of infinitives, all who are Romeo and Juliet to antonomasia, those who drink up similes like sparkling champagne, who lose nothing compared with comparison heads, self-evident axiomists, all pithy aphorists, apothegemists, maximiles, theorists, epigrammatists and even gnomists.

And as for the lovers of aposiopesis--!

It will wish bienvenu to all classical adherents of euphuism, all metathesistic birds, golden paronomasiasts covered in guilt, fallacious paralogists, tropists, anagogists, and anaphorists; to greet, welcome, embrace asyndeton buffs, while the lovers of ellipsis will be well-met and its followers embraced, as will be chronic worshipers of catachresis and supporters of anastrophe the world over.

Hope that helps

ht
Darth Horsethorn, Most Patient Saint®, Senior Wrangler®, Knight Inerrant® and Gonnagle of the Reformed Church of the Debatable Saints®
Steampunk Panentheist
Not an atheist
"We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)

ippy

« Reply #467 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:32 AM »

Hi there N N, thanks for the post but it makes me wonder what's wrong with using standard English, without the rather amateur looking failed attempt to look as though you're talking in riddles.

If you can find the time to write without including all of the codswallop, I've described above, perhaps I might have some idea whatever it is you're trying to say and would then be able to respond.

ippy 

Enki

« Reply #468 on: April 27, 2016, 10:52:53 AM »
Well, it all begins back when Tyr was into cryptic crosswords, and noticed that Baldur's name was an anagram for 'u r bald'. This didn't please Odin, and they had a bit of a disagreement. However, the writers of the Prose Edda had an idea to calm them all down. They made this announcement...

Because of the Anagrams dispute it has been decided to devote the rest of this space to a page specially written for people who like figures of speech, for the not a few fans of litotes, and those with no small interest in meiosis, for the infinite millions of hyperbole-lovers, for those fond of hypallage, and the epithet's golden transfer, for those who fall willingly into the arms of the metaphor, those who give up the ghost, bury their heads in the sand and ride roughshod over the mixed metaphor, and even those of hyperbaton the friends.

It will be, too, for those who reprehend the malapropism; who love the wealth of metonymy; for all friends of rhetoric and syllepsis; and zeugmatists with smiling eyes and hearts. It will bring a large absence of unsatisfactory malevolence to periphrastic fans; a wig harm bello to spoonerists; and in no small measure a not less than splendid greeting to you circumlocutors.

The world adores prosopopeiasts, and the friendly faces of synechdotists, and can one not make those amorous of anacoluthon understand that if they are not satisfied by this, what is to happen to them?

It will attempt to really welcome all splitters of infinitives, all who are Romeo and Juliet to antonomasia, those who drink up similes like sparkling champagne, who lose nothing compared with comparison heads, self-evident axiomists, all pithy aphorists, apothegemists, maximiles, theorists, epigrammatists and even gnomists.

And as for the lovers of aposiopesis--!

It will wish bienvenu to all classical adherents of euphuism, all metathesistic birds, golden paronomasiasts covered in guilt, fallacious paralogists, tropists, anagogists, and anaphorists; to greet, welcome, embrace asyndeton buffs, while the lovers of ellipsis will be well-met and its followers embraced, as will be chronic worshipers of catachresis and supporters of anastrophe the world over.

Hope that helps

ht

I think I comprehend what you are articulating, although your predilection for the simple and unembellished word, rather than the more complex and convoluted one does make it rather operose to appreciate. :)
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

Shaker

« Reply #469 on: April 27, 2016, 10:56:06 AM »
I'm feeling inordinately incommoded by all this sesquipedelianism.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

horsethorn

• Anomalographer
    • "We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)
« Reply #470 on: April 27, 2016, 11:23:12 AM »
Well, I have to admit that Monty Python did have a slight influence on what I wrote...

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/brandnew.php

ht
Darth Horsethorn, Most Patient Saint®, Senior Wrangler®, Knight Inerrant® and Gonnagle of the Reformed Church of the Debatable Saints®
Steampunk Panentheist
Not an atheist
"We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #471 on: April 27, 2016, 11:45:26 AM »
Bluehillside, sorry you didn't think my attempt at straight-faced fun was appropriate.  I promise I won't do it again but I couldn't resist at the time.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #472 on: April 27, 2016, 01:29:14 PM »

You need to disenthral your mind from these logomachies.
It makes you look like a monorchid haruspex.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #473 on: April 27, 2016, 03:46:48 PM »
Well, I have to admit that Monty Python did have a slight influence on what I wrote...

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/brandnew.php

ht

Ah - what a shame. I was hoping it was original horsethorn; in which case I would have granted you the coveted award of the celestial golden bogroll.

Mixing my Latin and Greek, I wonder if NN's exposition is apodeictically related to his catastasis or indeed to his inevitable catastrophe. What is certain is that he already has his head well up his own arse. And I rather feel he likes it up there.

"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #474 on: April 27, 2016, 03:49:01 PM »
Bluehillside, sorry you didn't think my attempt at straight-faced fun was appropriate.  I promise I won't do it again but I couldn't resist at the time.

Oh, please do. I'm surprised that blue didn't see past your po-face.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David