Author Topic: My 'Truth' or 'YOUR 'truth'?  (Read 69793 times)

Walt Zingmatilder

Re: My 'Truth' or 'YOUR 'truth'?
« Reply #400 on: May 31, 2016, 04:43:35 PM »
What is your method for deciding an objective moral position?

I have asked several times and you do not answer, but just post some evasion.

Accept your position is defeated until you show your method.
So a position starts of by being defeated does it?"..".................I suppose choosing a moniker like Be Rational might fool some of the people all of the time etc.

Rhiannon

« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »
Apart from homosexuality though!

What I meant was that Hope can be foul to and about homosexuals and then claim it's ok 'cos he's doing it out of love.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »
Rhi,

So by labelling me as prejudiced and biased you seek to discredit any argument I've made or will make.

It's cowardly.

Actually it's Step 2 of Trollboy's Top Trolling playbook. He'll claim his "victory" in a bit, then will start with Step 1 again.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2016, 04:57:56 PM »
So by labelling me as prejudiced and biased you seek to discredit any argument I've made or will make.

It's cowardly.
I don't think I said that........If you make good argument then it,s.....ear....good isn't,t it?
I don't think I made any statement on the rightness or wrongness of antichristianity.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #404 on: May 31, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »
Rhi,

Actually it's Step 2 of Trollboy's Top Trolling playbook. He'll claim his "victory" in a bit, then will start with Step 1 again.
Hillside....there is no way I'm going to let you beat me in the alliteration stakes........

Bluehillsides buffoonish blustering bullshittery.

Top that one if you can.

Rhiannon

« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2016, 05:18:31 PM »
I don't think I said that........If you make good argument then it,s.....ear....good isn't,t it?
I don't think I made any statement on the rightness or wrongness of antichristianity.

Look at what you accuse me of in the context of your accusations of antichristianity. You've made enough posts to that effect.

Cowardly and dishonest.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2016, 05:33:23 PM »
Look at what you accuse me of in the context of your accusations of antichristianity. You've made enough posts to that effect.

Cowardly and dishonest.
Do you or do you not disagree with the Christian doctrine that all have fallen short to the point of needing salvation. Have you more often than not when talking of faults in people and social groupings largely focuses on those you think Christians and Christianity guilty of? Because I feel that to be the case.

Rhiannon

« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2016, 05:45:16 PM »
Disagreeing with Christian doctrine doesn't make me antichristian, Vlad. As for the rest... more lying.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2016, 05:50:54 PM »
Disagreeing with Christian doctrine doesn't make me antichristian, Vlad. As for the rest... more lying.
Then I look forward to either your future prochristian posts or your absence of derogatory comment of Christianity and Christians.

Perhaps you could reference many of your past posts where you have been positive about Christians for me to enjoy.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2016, 06:12:09 PM »
Rhi,

It's the same mistake Trollboy makes when he continually confuses "atheist" with "anti-theist". An atheist has no reason to think claims about gods to be true; an anti-theist doesn't want them to be true. You can of course be both, as indeed you can be a theist and an anti-theist at the same time - ie, you think the claims are true but would rather they weren't. Just reasoning your way to atheism though says nothing whatever about whether or not you also happen to be an anti-theist.

As for why he also continually thinks "moral relativism" to be contradictory because it happens not to cohere with his assertion that morality must be objective to be "real", in the absence of even a scintilla of an argument to support it then he seems satisfied to pitch his tent still in the "not even wrong" camp.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:27:31 PM by bluehillside »

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #410 on: May 31, 2016, 06:29:25 PM »
Rhi,

It's the same mistake Trollboy makes when he continually confuses "atheist" with "anti-theist". An atheist has no reason to think claims about gods to be true; an anti-theist doesn't want them to be true. You can of course be both, as indeed you can be a theist and an anti-theist at the same time - ie, you think the claims are true but would rather they weren't.   

As for why he also continually thinks "moral relativism" to be contradictory because it happens not to cohere with his assertion that morality must be objective to be "real",
It doesn't cohere full stop.
You don't even need to refer to objective morality for its contradictions to be evident.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #411 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »
You don't even need to refer to objective morality for its contradictions to be evident.

Step 3.

God

Rhiannon

« Reply #412 on: May 31, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »
Then I look forward to either your future prochristian posts or your absence of derogatory comment of Christianity and Christians.

Perhaps you could reference many of your past posts where you have been positive about Christians for me to enjoy.

Do I need to justify myself to you? I don't think so.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #413 on: May 31, 2016, 07:15:08 PM »
I don't believe I've asked for a justification from or of yourself and don't expect one

Rhiannon

« Reply #414 on: May 31, 2016, 07:16:34 PM »
I don't believe I've asked for a justification from or of yourself and don't expect one

If you want references then that is exactly what you are asking for.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #415 on: May 31, 2016, 07:18:19 PM »
Rhi,

Of course not. If anything, I'd have thought it was for Trollboy finally to justify his assertion about the supposed logical contradictions in moral relativism (with or without reference to claims of objective morality) but that never quite managed to make an actual argument for.

While he's about it, he might want to explain too why all those moral philosophers who weren't objectivists were wasting their time as (he tells us) moral relativism has nothing to say about "real" morality, and for that matter perhaps he could share why he arbitrarily separates morality for this purpose but seems quite happy for people to hold legitimate but differing opinions on painting and music and literature and indeed on countless other areas of human experience.

I suggest you don't hold your breath though!

God

Rhiannon

« Reply #416 on: May 31, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »
Well the thing is, other posters don't share his opinion and have said so. I'm really not bothered.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #417 on: May 31, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
If you want references then that is exactly what you are asking for.
No. I said I want to enjoy your prochristian posts.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #418 on: May 31, 2016, 07:31:27 PM »
Rhi,

Of course not. If anything, I'd have thought it was for Trollboy finally to justify his assertion about the supposed logical contradictions in moral relativism (with or without reference to claims of objective morality) but that never quite managed to make an actual argument for.

While he's about it, he might want to explain too why all those moral philosophers who weren't objectivists were wasting their time as (he tells us) moral relativism has nothing to say about "real" morality, and for that matter perhaps he could share why he arbitrarily separates morality for this purpose but seems quite happy for people to hold legitimate but differing opinions on painting and music and literature and indeed on countless other areas of human experience.

Come to think of it no one has made a case for moral relativism since everyone of the MRs seems to suffer from the delusion that they never have any burden of proof for anything.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #419 on: May 31, 2016, 07:38:46 PM »
Rhi,

Told you so - hey, maybe I have the gift of prophecy after all!

Would someone let me know please in the highly unlikely event that Trollboy finally at least attempts an argument to support his assertion about the supposed logical contradictions in moral relativism?

Ta.

God

Rhiannon

« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »
No. I said I want to enjoy your prochristian posts.

For goodness' sake, stop lying. The clue was in your use of the word 'reference'.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #421 on: May 31, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »
For goodness' sake, stop lying. The clue was in your use of the word 'reference'.
Look I don't want to go trawling over this board for what you suggest are more than meagre crumbs of praise for Christianity. How do I know where to find them unless you direct them. Please give us the reference for a real hooray for Christianity.

Rhiannon

« Reply #422 on: May 31, 2016, 07:52:45 PM »
I don't care if you find them or not.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #423 on: May 31, 2016, 07:56:24 PM »
Rhi,

I don't care if you find them or not.

The best way to respond to yet another of his distraction efforts. Notice too his playing fast and loose with "Christianity" (a set of beliefs) and "Christians" (the people who hold those beliefs). It's entirely possible to find the people perfectly pleasant and their beliefs to be total bollocks.

God

Rhiannon

« Reply #424 on: May 31, 2016, 07:58:06 PM »
I find many Christians to actually be quite admirable, even if their beliefs don't stack up.